HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Ramsay Ending Kitchen Nightmares

Old
06-23-2014, 12:55 PM
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest

vCash: 500
Ramsay Ending Kitchen Nightmares

from etcanada.com:

Struggling restaurants in need of Gordon Ramsay's tough-love assistance will have to find somewhere else to turn, now that the hot-tempered celebrity chef has announced he's going to end the series after the current season.

"As filming comes to a close on the latest series of Kitchen Nightmares I've decided to stop making the show," he writes.

As Gordon explains, he's currently wrapping production on his latest iteration of the series, Costa del Nightmares, for Britain's Channel 4, "which will be my last."

"I've had a phenomenal 10 years making 123 episodes, 12 seasons, shot across 2 continents, watched by tens of millions of people and sold to over 150 countries. I've had a blast but it's time to call it a day."

Despite the end of Kitchen Nightmares, the chef wil remain a constant presence on TV thanks to his other Fox TV shows, including Hell's Kitchen, Hotel Hell and MasterChef. "It's sad to say goodbye to Kitchen Nightmares," he writes, "but I'll be continuing with my other shows. It's been memorable. Thanks for watching."

BostonBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2014, 12:59 PM
Propane Nightmares
Only Entertainment

About time, every episode is the same. Ramsay comes in, orders some stuff off the menu, doesn't like it, shouts at the owners who think their food is amazing and lie about using frozen ingredients. Customers at dinner service send the food back, Ramsay finds the kitchen and freezers in terrible condition. Owners fight him the whole way until they decide to let him change the menu and sometimes the decor, customers like the new food.

Propane Nightmares is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2014, 01:56 PM
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That formula sure didn't happen at least one time.

BostonBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2014, 01:58 PM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

vCash: 50
He should have kept it going with another chef.

Old
06-23-2014, 02:01 PM
Propane Nightmares
Only Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBob View Post

The only thing different about this one was the owners didn't cooperate and their kitchen was clean, lol

This episode was actually entertaining

Old
06-23-2014, 02:14 PM
Fixed to Ruin
Come wit it now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propane Nightmares View Post
The only thing different about this one was the owners didn't cooperate and their kitchen was clean, lol

This episode was actually entertaining
I still think that restaurant is a money laundering operation. There's no way you can treat customers like that and stay in business.

Fixed to Ruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2014, 02:15 PM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
About time, every episode is the same. Ramsay comes in, orders some stuff off the menu, doesn't like it, shouts at the owners who think their food is amazing and lie about using frozen ingredients. Customers at dinner service send the food back, Ramsay finds the kitchen and freezers in terrible condition. Owners fight him the whole way until they decide to let him change the menu and sometimes the decor, customers like the new food.
are you insinuating reality tv is not authentically real?

MartyOwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2014, 02:47 PM
Belamorte
Feed Your Head

Quote:
Agreed, the US production of the show was horrible and Hells Kitchen US is not much better (the UK productions were much better).

I like watching him cook like in The F-Word, Gordon Ramsay's Home Cookery Course (with his kids), Gordon Ramsay's Home Cooking and Gordon's Great Escape series. While entertaining to listen to him yell and swear for a bit is fine but I prefer to listen to his passion of food and cooking in the other programs much more. Though, I don't know how he keeps so fit with the amounts of butter, salt and oil he uses.

I do not mind Master Chef but this season kinda sucks without the try-outs and fairly dull characters. Not a big fan of the Italian guy either (can't remember his name off the top of my head).
edit. Joe

Last edited by Belamorte: 06-23-2014 at 02:50 PM. Reason: remember
Belamorte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2014, 02:52 PM
Propane Nightmares
Only Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belamorte View Post
Agreed, the US production of the show was horrible and Hells Kitchen US is not much better (the UK productions were much better).

I like watching him cook like in The F-Word, Gordon Ramsay's Home Cookery Course (with his kids), Gordon Ramsay's Home Cooking and Gordon's Great Escape series. While entertaining to listen to him yell and swear for a bit is fine but I prefer to listen to his passion of food and cooking in the other programs much more. Though, I don't know how he keeps so fit with the amounts of butter, salt and oil he uses.

I do not mind Master Chef but this season kinda sucks without the try-outs and fairly dull characters. Not a big fan of the Italian guy either (can't remember his name off the top of my head).
edit. Joe
Exactly, his shouting and swearing tough guy persona is just an act for American TV, he's much more laid back in all the UK shows he does, In an episode of The F Word one of the apprentices called him "mate" and he had a bit of a go at him, but on Hell's Kitchen he would've torn the guy a new one

Old
06-23-2014, 03:06 PM
BonMorrison
Sexy Back

Still amazing.

BonMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2014, 03:24 PM
Ser Woof
Too proud to beg

vCash: 86
Gordon Ramsay is my hero. One of the greatest human's to ever walk this Earth.

Ser Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2014, 04:25 PM
Lui One Hall

Guy's got more shows than...

Lui One Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2014, 04:29 PM
Cor
Me Troll? Never

Cor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2014, 05:18 PM
donghabs98
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBob View Post

Man I don't know why anyone would even go there.

donghabs98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2014, 05:33 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
I always check to see if the restaurants are still open after he came in. It seems like they rarely are, especially if there was some silly amount of debt involved.

06-23-2014, 05:42 PM
aleshemsky83

There was one episode where the head chef was just terrible and he supposedly changed all his bad habits and everything turned around

Then a couple months later gordon stopped by for a surprise visit and he was smoking while he was preparing food and blasting rock music, so gordon tells the owner and the owner shuts the place down for a week because of the incident and fires the chef

That was an episode that was actually satisfying because it felt like an actual real life episode as opposed to "reality"

aleshemsky83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2014, 06:04 PM
iamjs
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I always check to see if the restaurants are still open after he came in. It seems like they rarely are, especially if there was some silly amount of debt involved.
There's one that is about 15-20 minutes away from me that relocated after he had his visit. I guess they're technically still open and they used the stuff that was part of the remodel, but supposedly the new place is much different.

iamjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2014, 06:57 PM
Grumpy Humphrey

You disappoint me, Ramsay

Grumpy Humphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2014, 06:59 PM
Devs4life

the original kitchen nightmares on the BBC was great, I found it actually educational about the restaurant business unlike the drama filled version here

Devs4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2014, 07:18 PM
Sovereign
sic parvis magna

Yep. The one on BBC was way better.

Sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2014, 08:10 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
One of the reasons is that not enough of these restaurants stay open.

You watch Bar Rescue, and it seems like most of them become successful.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2014, 10:09 PM
KaylaJ
Tungsten!

Quote:
There was a place basically down the street that was on Restaurant Impossible with Robert Irvine. Now, the location isn't super and several different restaurants have come and gone so obviously there is always the financial issue. From what I recall of the show there were the usual problems of money, not great food, and of course rats/roaches in an icky kitchen. They fixed the insides up and everyone was happy, but a few years later they closed. Never saw much of a crowd there, but apparently that location and another both failed their health inspections.

It's funny, I had never been inside until recently so I don't know what it looked like before, but you can see the signage and the decor the show had placed. It's a BBQ place now (they had had a food truck like operation before so they had business before the restaurant opened) and it seems to get better reviews so maybe, just maybe something will stick there.

KaylaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2014, 11:32 PM
ProstheticConscience
WWIII

vCash: 883
Quote:
The majority don't, same as Restaurant Impossible and other shows of that ilk. Some manage to make the changes stick and survive but most sink for the same reasons they were on those shows in the first place (idiotic owners, bad location, crap food, etc etc etc).

And oh no, Gordon Ramsay has one less show to scream profanity at people who can't cook or run restaurants.

ProstheticConscience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2014, 12:03 AM
Cor
Me Troll? Never

Obviously most of them close. They need to choose places that are so far gone, that there are obvious glaring issues that anyone would notice.

Makes for better TV if the restaurant is laughably bad.

Cor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2014, 12:57 AM
clefty
What?

It's hard enough keeping a restaurant afloat when you know what you're doing. No doubt most of these places go under anyway.

If you need someone to tell you that you can't store raw meat next to cooked meat, and you can't be bothered to clean your kitchen that's infested with cockroaches and caked in mouse ****, you need someone to come in and babysit you on a daily basis, not for three days.

clefty is offline   Reply With Quote