HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roy on the (chopping) block

Old
01-08-2012, 12:26 AM
McTank

vCash: 500
Not that Roy would be traded to t.o either way we won't trade him in the division and Burke and regier can't make deals

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 12:31 AM
QuebecAces

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProngersEyeball View Post
About time...right?

Friedman reported on CBC's Satellite Hot Stove:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockeynight...#id=2184598953

EDIT: Skip to the last 30 seconds - the rest is realignment talk.
Let's be realistic! We're tight to the cap. Miller is all messed up with his wife living on the west coast. He was supposed to play tonight - get the deal. ROY + MILLER to a West Coast team for a 2 big, solid, tough players with lower salaries which gives us cap space and an attitude. We don't need another Stafford or Boyes - - we need muscle and hustle.

QuebecAces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 12:55 AM
sabresEH

I have a feeling if Roy is moved it's for pieces that would be used to acquire the number one center we need.

sabresEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 01:15 AM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecAces View Post
Let's be realistic! We're tight to the cap. Miller is all messed up with his wife living on the west coast. He was supposed to play tonight - get the deal. ROY + MILLER to a West Coast team for a 2 big, solid, tough players with lower salaries which gives us cap space and an attitude. We don't need another Stafford or Boyes - - we need muscle and hustle.
Wow, congrats on your post in bizarro world.

Please enlighten us about the facts of the bolded. We sit with a hot chocolate and wait for the links to that fact. Or are you just being silly and throwing bleep against a wall for shock value?

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 01:34 AM
Taro Tsujimoto
2 Sam(my)s, 1 avatar

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Taro Tsujimoto
OK, it's Eklund, but still:

Quote:
Source. "Derek Roy. Key piece in Ducks Blockbuster". More to come. Blog posted.
https://twitter.com/#!/Eklund/status/155914338710994944

Taro Tsujimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 01:36 AM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taro Tsujimoto View Post
And you still posted it from Eklund

Give us a real source

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 02:05 AM
Cirris

Send a message via Yahoo to Cirris
Quote:

See, your thought process should have been, "It's Eklund, so I'm not going to bother the good people of the HFboards with his useless drivel."

Cirris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 02:38 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Roy for futures from either the Hawks or Wings would be interesting. Pirri or Kruger from the Hawks, or Sheahan or Jarnkrok from the Wings. Build.
You think the Wings would give up Nyquist for Roy?

Corto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 02:59 AM
drinking bleach irl
POST MORE RECKLESS

vCash: 300
For what it's worth, Eklund has been accurate a few times in the past when pointed in a specific direction by better sources.

e: still.

drinking bleach irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 04:58 AM
SabresFanNorthPortFL

First, ZZamboni. Have you seen the way Miller has played this year? He looks lost and disinterested. His teammates didn't stick up for him, his play sucks, AND it has been rumored that he is unhappy. Really, what more do you want to start realizing that he might want out AND his wife COULD have something to do with it. For me, it's his eyes. Years past he had a way more intense look, it's not there anylonger.

Second, Toronto. How funny would it be that toronto's top two centers would be Roy and Connolly? I don't know if I could stop lauhing.

SabresFanNorthPortFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 05:10 AM
gallagt01

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanNorthPortFL View Post
His teammates didn't stick up for him, his play sucks, AND it has been rumored that he is unhappy. Really, what more do you want to start realizing that he might want out AND his wife COULD have something to do with it.
I'd like him to have NOT gone on the record expressing his desire to remain in Buffalo and win a championship here for me to believe this myth is fact.

But yeah, it's the glimmer in his eye. We'll go with that.

gallagt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 05:14 AM
SabresFanNorthPortFL

Btw,

Ducks.....

Miller, Roy, Stafford, plus

For

Hiller & Ryan/Getzlaf

Personally, take Roy out until the deadline. Trade a top notch package for Ryan/Hiller and the when Roy's healthy, I like that Chicago deal around two center prospects. That would be perfect for both teams, as they are legit Cup contenders and Roy would fit perfectly behind Towes.

Those two trades would jettison three of the core but bring in the center depth we need and a young, proven power forward. Plus, help a bit with the cap going forward. That would be a retool on the fly and change the lockeroom.

At that point, trade Gausted for a pick, resign Hecht, and either sign Leo or get picks for him.

In the year of the Pegula, where hope was reinstalled in this franchise; 9, 28, 21, and 30 didn't step up even though they are in their primes but 26 & 29 did. Go into the future with 26 & 29, use the other four and move on. That would be total change, ala Philly. For the better of the team. All are possible, just need the balls to do it.

Old
01-08-2012, 06:13 AM
moltenlava26

Since the ducks rumors started floating around, I started to watch hiller. If you hate millers game, wait till you see this guy. Miller sucks right now, but not for hiller.

moltenlava26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 08:56 AM
omglolnub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loods View Post
I'd like him to have NOT gone on the record expressing his desire to remain in Buffalo and win a championship here for me to believe this myth is fact.

But yeah, it's the glimmer in his eye. We'll go with that.
Win! Seriously, people cut that **** out about Miller's personal life, speculating solely based on how pissed your own/the average spouse would be if you were separated often and for extended periods of time. Completely different situations for professional athletes (and actors/actresses and musicisns as well, FWIW). We all know nothing about Ryan Miller and his wife's relationship.

Enough with the speculation. This isn't some ****** supermarket checkout line celebrity gossip rag website.

omglolnub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 09:11 AM
Clock

A few points...

No need to pile on Taro just because he posted, with disclaimer, an Eklund rumor. C'mon.

Suggesting that the reason Miller isn't top notch this season is because of his wife because... he isn't playing notch... isn't really reasoning. Was there a blurb he made or something that's leading everyone to believe this that I missed?

Finally, Hiller's having arguably having as much of an off-season as Miller is, though his .89 save percentage does indeed look ugly. I wouldn't read into that too much IF you're talking about Getzlaf coming back.

And regarding him, I really, really doubt that Getzlaf is on the block for Anaheim unless he wants out. You don't find centers with his skillset around the league often enough to trade it away.

I'm happy to see that our most potent trade asset is being used as such. Moving Roy is a big step in replacing the old Rochester core and he could pull something valuable back for us. Our center depth, while obviously not the best, is no longer the complete ass that it once was, so it finally makes sense to move him into play.

After last summer, I still have some faith in Darcy. He's gotta know that his job could potentially be on the line here as well with new ownership / management if action isn't taken. Get 'em.

Clock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 09:30 AM
CraniumCram
Syracuse '14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clock View Post
A few points...

No need to pile on Taro just because he posted, with disclaimer, an Eklund rumor. C'mon.

Suggesting that the reason Miller isn't top notch this season is because of his wife because... he isn't playing notch... isn't really reasoning. Was there a blurb he made or something that's leading everyone to believe this that I missed?

Finally, Hiller's having arguably having as much of an off-season as Miller is, though his .89 save percentage does indeed look ugly. I wouldn't read into that too much IF you're talking about Getzlaf coming back.

And regarding him, I really, really doubt that Getzlaf is on the block for Anaheim unless he wants out. You don't find centers with his skillset around the league often enough to trade it away.

I'm happy to see that our most potent trade asset is being used as such. Moving Roy is a big step in replacing the old Rochester core and he could pull something valuable back for us. Our center depth, while obviously not the best, is no longer the complete ass that it once was, so it finally makes sense to move him into play.

After last summer, I still have some faith in Darcy. He's gotta know that his job could potentially be on the line here as well with new ownership / management if action isn't taken. Get 'em.
No, Getzlaf is most definitely on the block. Murray has clearly stated that the only two he will not trade are Koivu and Selanne.

CraniumCram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 09:41 AM
TehDoak
General Zad

Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Ellis Problems View Post
For what it's worth, Eklund has been accurate a few times in the past when pointed in a specific direction by better sources.

e: still.
C'mon now, it's no coincidence that this comes right after HNIC says he's on the block.

Let's go through something:

How do websites make money: Ad revenue

How is ad revenue generated? Traffic.

How do you get traffic as a hockey rumor website when you're credibility is zero? Post something vague about a team making a big deal when they are struggling and a legit source like HNIC comes up and says "This guy is on the block"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramdizzl View Post
No, Getzlaf is most definitely on the block. Murray has clearly stated that the only two he will not trade are Koivu and Selanne.
Sigh. That quote has been taken out of so much context. He said that the only two players who he wouldn't consider trading are Koivu and Selanne, which is because they have NMC's.

Just because a guy says "Everyone who doesn't have a NMC is tradable" doesn't mean he's going to trade a top 5 centerman for scraps.

TehDoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 09:42 AM
barnell
butter knife hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramdizzl View Post
Getzlaf might be technically on the block but the asking price might render him effectively "off the block."

As fun as I think that it would be to trade the entire organization for Perry, Getzlaf, and Ryan I don't think the innovative single line strategy will win us a cup.

barnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 09:51 AM
SabresFanNorthPortFL

Clock....I am in no way saying Miller's wife is making him play bad, that's ridiculous. Here are the facts:

1. Miller is having a sub par year.
2. Miller's teammates let him get run over and did nothing about it.
3. Edmonton reporter said there is a rumor about him wanting out.
4. Miller has come out publicly and stated his desire to stay.

Those four statements are facts that all of us have witnessed this year. I'm not going to go get save %, win/loss record, gaa, etc...we all know he is having an off year.

What I did say, which is my personal opinion, is that his past intense stare is gone. Miller always had a demeanor about him, the way he carried himself on the ice, a swagger, etc. It's gone. Watch the next couple of starts. It's all in his eyes, they are now blank, and look confidence lacking.

I'll ask all of you, why is it so hard to believe that his heart is not in Buffalo any longer? That his Olympic 'heroism' went to his head? Now married to an acctress....

Just an FYI, I have a Miller 'Buffalo' jersey and think it sucks to think he is no longer a Buffalo guy. Sucks. But I do not see one thing telling me otherwise. Not one, especially his play on the ice.

Old
01-08-2012, 10:04 AM
barnell
butter knife hockey

Quote:

Let's call a spade a spade here. Last year was sub-par. This year is downright horrific.

barnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 10:12 AM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnell View Post
Let's call a spade a spade here. Last year was sub-par. This year is downright horrific.
He was above average last season, but they should get more from him. Sub-par? Nah.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 10:15 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
He was above average last season, but they should get more from him. Sub-par? Nah.
i guess it depends what par is... league wide par? or 6 million dollar vezina trophy winning par?

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 10:16 AM
gallagt01

Quote:
What I did say, which is my personal opinion, is that his past intense stare is gone. Miller always had a demeanor about him, the way he carried himself on the ice, a swagger, etc. It's gone. Watch the next couple of starts. It's all in his eyes, they are now blank, and look confidence lacking.
I think Ryan has very pretty eyes.

Quote:

I'll ask all of you, why is it so hard to believe that his heart is not in Buffalo any longer? That his Olympic 'heroism' went to his head? Now married to an acctress....

Just an FYI, I have a Miller 'Buffalo' jersey and think it sucks to think he is no longer a Buffalo guy. Sucks. But I do not see one thing telling me otherwise. Not one, especially his play on the ice.
Miller is on record saying that he wants to be here. He is the type of person whose heart is where ever he is playing at the time. He's a competitor and he wants to win.

Especially coming from a position where all eyes are on him, why wouldn't he try to win? It's ridiculous to assume that Miller is playing poorly because "he just doesn't want to win because his hearts not there."

gallagt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 10:17 AM
SabresFan79

Quote:
Clock....I am in no way saying Miller's wife is making him play bad, that's ridiculous. Here are the facts:

Those four statements are facts that all of us have witnessed this year. I'm not going to go get save %, win/loss record, gaa, etc...we all know he is having an off year.

Totally agree.

SabresFan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 10:28 AM
Clock

Quote:

I was responding specifically to the "Miller is all messed up with his wife living on the west coast" quote.

Clock is offline   Reply With Quote