HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

5th round: Maxim Trunev (picked by Portland Winterhawks in CHL draft)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-21-2008, 11:45 AM
  #1
yoteshot
Registered User
 
yoteshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habland, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,249
vCash: 500
5th round: Maxim Trunev (picked by Portland Winterhawks in CHL draft)

Small russian forward, discuss

Anybody knows him?


Last edited by Beakermania*: 06-27-2008 at 10:32 AM.
yoteshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 11:46 AM
  #2
Bryzga lol*
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,812
vCash: 500
MAXIM TRUNEV Sep 7, 1990 KIROVO-CHEPETSK RU 5' 11" 174 RUSSIA-3 CHEREPOVETS 2 F

Bryzga lol* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 11:50 AM
  #3
CH Wizard
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: preparin for 09 cup
Country: Afghanistan
Posts: 11,690
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
I know nothing about him besides that he looks like one of the youngest player in the draft if not the youngest.

CH Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 11:50 AM
  #4
Lucius
Registered User
 
Lucius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,705
vCash: 500
ANOTHER AMERICAN!

...oh... wait...

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 11:50 AM
  #5
Artyukhin*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev Warrior View Post
Small russian forward, discuss

Anybody knows him?
http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=14015728&postcount=2

05-06-2008, 04:03 AM
#2
RedAce
Алексей Ковалев Фан

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: New York, NY
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 410
vCash: 500

Kid has sick skills!!! i got one game of him on DVD from this years mac AAA tourament in calgary where serverstal's jr team wiped the floor with the canadian team and this kid Trunev was skating around these canadian's like they were pylons

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 11:51 AM
  #6
Khabby
Registered User
 
Khabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,452
vCash: 500
He's Russian, he's gotta be good.

Khabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 11:51 AM
  #7
hfboardsuser
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 12,281
vCash: 500
Aww, ****. As an Oiler fan, I congratulate you on an excellent pick.

He was one of my major sleepers for this year in the DobberHockey.com Prospects Report:

"If Trunev were born 8 days later, he'd be in the '09 Draft and would probably be talked about as a first rounder. As it is, the diminutive forward posted an impressive season with Severstal's farm club, leading them in every major statistical category. A fan favorite, Trunev doesn't just deke- his quick feints make a puck appear as though it has been deked through an opposing player's stick or skates. Topping it off are bursts of acceleration that the young Russian expertly employs in order to cut defenders wide. He'll be a special player if he adds some muscle."

hfboardsuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 11:52 AM
  #8
Joey
Registered User
 
Joey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,076
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=14015728&postcount=2

05-06-2008, 04:03 AM
#2
RedAce
Алексей Ковалев Фан

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: New York, NY
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 410
vCash: 500

Kid has sick skills!!! i got one game of him on DVD from this years mac AAA tourament in calgary where serverstal's jr team wiped the floor with the canadian team and this kid Trunev was skating around these canadian's like they were pylons

Good to hear


PS. your sig - "Bob Gainey on CKAC "We're confident that Mats will sign with the Habs" that's bullsheet right?

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 11:52 AM
  #9
emb24*
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,238
vCash: 500
timmins trying to find the next datsyuk

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 11:52 AM
  #10
1111111111111000
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 350
vCash: 500
Well I guess we had a need on the RW !

1111111111111000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 11:53 AM
  #11
Vicious
Registered User
 
Vicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,691
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Another American? FFS! Fire TT!

Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 11:54 AM
  #12
Bryzga lol*
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,812
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bugg View Post
Aww, ****. As an Oiler fan, I congratulate you on an excellent pick.

He was one of my major sleepers for this year in the DobberHockey.com Prospects Report:

"If Trunev were born 8 days later, he'd be in the '09 Draft and would probably be talked about as a first rounder. As it is, the diminutive forward posted an impressive season with Severstal's farm club, leading them in every major statistical category. A fan favorite, Trunev doesn't just deke- his quick feints make a puck appear as though it has been deked through an opposing player's stick or skates. Topping it off are bursts of acceleration that the young Russian expertly employs in order to cut defenders wide. He'll be a special player if he adds some muscle."

sounds interesting!

Bryzga lol* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 11:55 AM
  #13
Artyukhin*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
Good to hear


PS. your sig - "Bob Gainey on CKAC "We're confident that Mats will sign with the Habs" that's bullsheet right?
no he actually said that

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 11:55 AM
  #14
ChemiseBleuHonnete
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 9,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by emb24 View Post
timmins trying to find the next datsyuk
trying??? You mean, he found it!

ChemiseBleuHonnete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 11:56 AM
  #15
hfboardsuser
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 12,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
trying??? You mean, he found it!
With about 20 pounds of muscle, yeah, this is as close as you can get.

hfboardsuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 11:57 AM
  #16
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,182
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by keyven View Post
Well I guess we had a need on the RW !
Strange that while we're suppose to go BPA.....we didn't draft a d-man yet but we drafted RW and a goalie....

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 11:57 AM
  #17
Artyukhin*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,831
vCash: 500
TT does it again.a big diamond in the ruff

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 11:58 AM
  #18
emb24*
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
trying??? You mean, he found it!
i mean yes!!!!!!!!

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 11:59 AM
  #19
emb24*
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bugg View Post
With about 20 pounds of muscle, yeah, this is as close as you can get.
stop teasing us mr bugg, you make it sound like he's filatov.

we'll need to fly kovy back to russia to kidnap both trunev and emelin

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 12:00 PM
  #20
Khabby
Registered User
 
Khabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,452
vCash: 500
Pavel Datsyuk comparable?

Color me hard-oned.

Khabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 12:01 PM
  #21
hfboardsuser
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 12,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by emb24 View Post
stop teasing us mr bugg, you make it sound like he's filatov.
I wish I were teasing you. I don't know how this kid flew as far under the radar as he did.

hfboardsuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 12:03 PM
  #22
emb24*
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bugg View Post
I wish I were teasing you. I don't know how this kid flew as far under the radar as he did.
habs have good euro scouting..hope he ends up as good as you say

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 12:06 PM
  #23
Artyukhin*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,831
vCash: 500
so it turns out

Trunev and tanguay for 1(25th) and 2 in 09.

hearing Trunev's razzle dazzle abilities and potential we could make out like bandits in this trade.

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 12:06 PM
  #24
Fido22
Registered User
 
Fido22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,690
vCash: 500
Holy moly, impressive descriptions!

Nice 5th round gamble.

Fido22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 12:06 PM
  #25
Seb
Unregistered User
 
Seb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Ireland
Posts: 7,052
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Seb
Very interesting, non the least.

Gotta keep an eye on him for the years to come.

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.