HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Eller vs. Kadri

View Poll Results: who's the better overall player.
Hab fan votting Eller 21 17.07%
Leaf fan votting Kadri 42 34.15%
Non- Hab fan voting Eller 26 21.14%
Non-Leaf fan voting Kadri 34 27.64%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-08-2012, 01:47 PM
mytor4*

vCash: 500
Eller vs. Kadri

Which player do you consider the better overall player.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 05:49 PM
tony d
ATD 2015

Kadri.

01-08-2012, 05:54 PM
TML4eva*

Offense: Kadri
Defense: Eller

Overall: Kadri (just because kadri has a lot more offesive potential then eller does)

TML4eva* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 06:12 PM
Nicko999

vCash: 50
Kadri had yet to play a full NHL season.

So for now I gotta go with Eller.

Nicko999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 06:19 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Kadri

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 06:22 PM
IBLeaf*

Kadri pretty easily. Not really a fair poll.

IBLeaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 06:23 PM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Right now? The guy in the NHL.
The future? Hard to tell. My money is on Kadri, but it is not cut and dry AT ALL.

Captain Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 06:23 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Habs fan voting: I don't know which player is better. But I wouldn't trade Eller for Kadri. I'm very satisfied with the way Eller is progressing as a Hab and like his upside. If I was going to make a trade, I'd have to be dissatisfied in some way with Eller and/or feel like I was getting the better player who could clearly improve my team's overall fortunes. I'd stick with Eller.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 06:24 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Better is a present tense word. Anyone voting Kadri is pathetic.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 06:26 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
I think it's fair to assume the OP meant it more along the lines of the better overall asset. It's a little too obvious that Eller is the better present tense player.

Old
01-08-2012, 06:27 PM
Vintage93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Smurf View Post
The future? Hard to tell. My money is on Kadri, but it is not cut and dry AT ALL.

You can't choose both.

Vintage93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 06:29 PM
Jacob8hockey*
Maple Leaf Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
Really? Since Kadri was last called up he has like 4 points in 7 games (Or somewhere close to it, my bad if im wrong.) Didn't have to be so rude. Eller is good, but right now he probably looks better then he is after ihs 4 goal night, Kadri would be the same.

Also I like the way the OP did the voting, never seen it before but smart idea. If people are honest.

Jacob8hockey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 06:49 PM
mytor4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsJacob8 View Post
Really? Since Kadri was last called up he has like 4 points in 7 games (Or somewhere close to it, my bad if im wrong.) Didn't have to be so rude. Eller is good, but right now he probably looks better then he is after ihs 4 goal night, Kadri would be the same.

Also I like the way the OP did the voting, never seen it before but smart idea. If people are honest.
Thanks .I think more voting should be done this way. It Places the homers from both team in 1 area and helps get a truer opinion from the rest.

Old
01-08-2012, 06:50 PM
TML4eva*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Smurf View Post
Which guy? Right now Kadri and Eller are both playing in the nhl.

TML4eva* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 07:32 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Kadri but, as with Leblanc, it will be close.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 07:56 PM
edruga

vCash: 666
Ever since Kadri's last call up, he hasn't been a defensive liability at all, FYI. He's been very solid.

edruga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 11:47 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Currently, its obviously close since neither player is an impact player ATM...
If I was picking to take a player for the future, its easily Kadri.

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 09:30 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by edruga View Post
Ever since Kadri's last call up, he hasn't been a defensive liability at all, FYI. He's been very solid.
And flip side to that, I find that many fellow Habs fans overrate Eller's defensive play. He's ok. But I don't find it to be a strength with him... the fact that he skates well, has a big enough frame, a sometimes-willingness to use his body, and some apparent general awareness of his defensive responsibilities... all that translates into *upside* for making a defensive impact, IMHO. But to me, he still hasn't translated it into anything notable on the ice. His puckhandling and skill game still stands out more.

Old
01-09-2012, 09:53 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan68 View Post
Currently, its obviously close since neither player is an impact player ATM...If I was picking to take a player for the future, its easily Kadri.
That would depend on your definition of impact player. Eller is currently carrying the offense on the team, his line is firing on all cylinders getting scoring chances on every shift while shutting down the opposition's top line, and he's playing with Kostitsyn and Moen making them better players. In my opinion, that's an impact player. I love Kardi as a prospect don't get me wrong, I even came to his defense when it was suggested Burke should trade him saying it would be a huge mistake earlier this season. But he is years away from doing what Eller is right now on this putrid Habs team.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 05:03 PM
IBLeaf*

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
That would depend on your definition of impact player. Eller is currently carrying the offense on the team, his line is firing on all cylinders getting scoring chances on every shift while shutting down the opposition's top line, and he's playing with Kostitsyn and Moen making them better players. In my opinion, that's an impact player. I love Kadri as a prospect don't get me wrong, I even came to his defense when it was suggested Burke should trade him saying it would be a huge mistake earlier this season. But he is years away from doing what Eller is right now on this putrid Habs team.
What a load of BS. Eller had a whopping 12 points in 36 games before his 5 point game. Kostitsyn has been producing at his career average and Moen has 5 points in his last 14 games. Eller's impact is fairly minimal. Players carry and impact an offense by actually producing. If we were going off of creating scoring chances and being a dangerous offensive threat, then Kadri has been doing pretty well in that regard. Also, Blind Gardien made it pretty clear that Eller isn't some defensive beast like a few Habs fans are making him out to be.

Anyways, if Kadri is years away from what Eller is doing right now, then I would be pretty disappointed by his development.

IBLeaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 05:18 PM
jebs

Id take Kadri.

jebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 06:13 PM
Clipitar

Eller just keeps flying under the radar of other fan bases (and even loads of Habs fans as well). I'm fine with it. Most people who have watched him closely and on a consistent basis know how fantastic he is/will be.

Another thing I love about him that doesn't have anything to do with his underrated skillset is how great his attitude is as well as his irreproachable work ethic. He may not have the offensive ceiling Kadri has in terms of upside, but once he fully matures, Eller will be any coach's dream (if he isn't already).

Personally I would not swap him for Kadri, but I'm fine with Leafs fans wanting to hold on their homegrown talent as well.

Clipitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 05:42 AM
mytor4*

I see even when making a poll to keep the homers seperated from the rest some still try to sneak in their vote for their player.
Both Kulie and hockeyguy 1993----Leaf fans voting for Kadri as a non-Leaf fan.
Must have been getting to close.

Last edited by mytor4*: 01-10-2012 at 06:15 PM.
Old
01-10-2012, 09:11 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpallday View Post
What a load of BS. Eller had a whopping 12 points in 36 games before his 5 point game. Kostitsyn has been producing at his career average and Moen has 5 points in his last 14 games. Eller's impact is fairly minimal. Players carry and impact an offense by actually producing. If we were going off of creating scoring chances and being a dangerous offensive threat, then Kadri has been doing pretty well in that regard. Also, Blind Gardien made it pretty clear that Eller isn't some defensive beast like a few Habs fans are making him out to be.
He's definitely no "beast" defensively. He's a player who seems to have some of the makings of a very good 2-way center, however. But even then, not at like a household-name defensive beast/Selke candidate level, I don't think. No Ryan Kesler to play against, for example. Maybe somebody less-known but quietly very effective for those who follow him, I don't know, Hanzal or somebody like that. But that's still in the upside department. Right now, he's no beast, and I don't even think I'd classify him as "above-average" defensively at the NHL center ice level. Which is fine, since he's a young player who has never had any serious responsibilities on the team yet. I'm confident he'll continue to develop the traits he has and as he gains more responsibility, he'll be known as a solid 2-way guy who is clearly well above-average defensively. I think he flashes enough for us to be confident he'll get there. But I don't feel like it's fair to suggest that he's already there.

The cool thing with the new coaching change in Montreal is that there is more of a balance now in icetime for players. Under Martin, players like Eller and Kostitsyn were basically guaranteed to be shuffled all over the place or have their minutes docked in favour of the big-salary veterans, pretty much independent of how they were playing. So far under Cunneyworth, it looks like there might be more of a balance in icetime across the lines, and maybe the lines will even be allowed to stick together long enough for the chemistry to set in. In a very short time sample, Eller and Kostitsyn seem to be major benefactors of this. But it might just be a coincidental hot streak. I don't think it's just coincidental... I think Eller *is* going to blossom into the player that many Habs fans already seem to be talking about him being. I just think it's a little premature to be talking like he's already definitely there or like there's no risk at all that he won't make it. There's always risk. Most young players in fact DO NOT pan out the way their respective fanbases hope they will.

Old
01-10-2012, 09:17 AM
Kulemon

Right now? Eller. In 2 years? Kadri AINEC.

Kulemon is offline   Reply With Quote