HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Beer

Closed Thread

Old
10-08-2004, 06:04 PM
Roots73

vCash: 500
Somebody earlier mentioned Moosehead. A not so bad brew but it pales in comparison to Moosehead Premium Dry! If you are in New Brunswick or parts further east, you got to try an ice cold one of these!!

Old
10-08-2004, 06:11 PM
Salgari

Send a message via MSN to Salgari
Wow, I never expected this sort of feedback, thanks you guys!
I'll make sure to get me some more of that beer!

Old
10-08-2004, 08:09 PM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill
Like I said, check out their web site : http://www.unibroue.com/english.cfm
don't know how I can get some of their beer up here in Thunder Bay. If anybody knows a way for me to get some unibroue beer up here please let me know or PM me. Thanks!!!

Try a new beer tonight called 1892 Traditional Ale from Newfoundland. It's pretty good. Figure anywhere that gives us Micheal Ryder can't be all bad!!!!!

Old
10-08-2004, 08:32 PM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
don't know how I can get some of their beer up here in Thunder Bay. If anybody knows a way for me to get some unibroue beer up here please let me know or PM me. Thanks!!!

Try a new beer tonight called 1892 Traditional Ale from Newfoundland. It's pretty good. Figure anywhere that gives us Micheal Ryder can't be all bad!!!!!
Growing up in NFLD, I use to really like a beer called Blue Star. I never tried the 1892 brand before, where did you get it from Darz?

Old
10-12-2004, 10:07 AM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by loadie
Growing up in NFLD, I use to really like a beer called Blue Star. I never tried the 1892 brand before, where did you get it from Darz?
Got it at the liquor store up here (Thunder Bay). One of the few brands of beer left there that I hadn't tried.

I'll have to keep 'Blue Star' in mind during my travels for new brands.

Old
10-12-2004, 10:48 AM
BLNY

Send a message via MSN to BLNY Send a message via Yahoo to BLNY
I am a loyal Alexander Keith's drinker. It's an IPA. I like Corona as a backup. The few times I've been to Quebec, I've enjoyed Molson Dry. I don't care for Canadian.

Old
10-12-2004, 11:32 AM
red alert 23

Quote:

If you cant have the beer come to you ...then you should get down here and come to the beer !

Please note that there is a beer fest in Chambly ( right nest to the canal and the fort site) you can enjoy many micro brewery beers brewed in the province of Quebec ! it`s during the labor day week-end ! The site is very nice ...right next to the rapids of Chambly !

You can also visit the Unibroue Brewery a few minutes away from the beer fest and has mentionned in a other post ; there is also The Foquet restaurant ( own by Unibroue) great atmosphere there ...historical ambiance ,music and story tellers ...discovers the beers and the food !

If you come down in Chambly; I garantee you will enjoy it !

A few years ago I had a beer there , it was brewed by Boreal ( Blainville Quebec) and it was call Plaisir d`Automne ( Rasberry , Banana & apricot beer ) ! It was a tick and foamy beer and for 1 $ you can get a 14 oz. mug full of it ! God was I drunk ! Must of had 12 or more I cant remember ... the only bad thing about it is that Boreal doesnt marchandise this beer , it`s only for special events !

I will be in Chambly next September just for that special Plaisir d`Automne beer

Old
10-12-2004, 01:04 PM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by red alert 23
If you cant have the beer come to you ...then you should get down here and come to the beer !

Please note that there is a beer fest in Chambly ( right nest to the canal and the fort site) you can enjoy many micro brewery beers brewed in the province of Quebec ! it`s during the labor day week-end ! The site is very nice ...right next to the rapids of Chambly !

You can also visit the Unibroue Brewery a few minutes away from the beer fest and has mentionned in a other post ; there is also The Foquet restaurant ( own by Unibroue) great atmosphere there ...historical ambiance ,music and story tellers ...discovers the beers and the food !

If you come down in Chambly; I garantee you will enjoy it !

A few years ago I had a beer there , it was brewed by Boreal ( Blainville Quebec) and it was call Plaisir d`Automne ( Rasberry , Banana & apricot beer ) ! It was a tick and foamy beer and for 1 $ you can get a 14 oz. mug full of it ! God was I drunk ! Must of had 12 or more I cant remember ... the only bad thing about it is that Boreal doesnt marchandise this beer , it`s only for special events !

I will be in Chambly next September just for that special Plaisir d`Automne beer
Sounds like a blast. Ya never know one of these years I'm going to have to come there. Actaully me and my bro talked about coming to Montreal this fall, but the lockout put an end to those discussions.

Old
10-12-2004, 01:38 PM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Sounds like a blast. Ya never know one of these years I'm going to have to come there. Actaully me and my bro talked about coming to Montreal this fall, but the lockout put an end to those discussions.
What? Don't tell me the Club Super Sexe is locked out too!

Old
10-12-2004, 02:04 PM
mcphee

Quote:
What? Don't tell me the Club Super Sexe is locked out too!
Is that the one on the 3rd floor somewhere on Ste.Catherine St. ? Vaugely, some years ago, I think my friend and cousin were heaved down the stairs during my cousin's stag party. Seems there was a case of mistaken identity between them and a bouncer. Ever the conciliator, I got the club to spring for new glasses for my poor cousin. For the life of me, I can't remember what caused that mess.

Old
10-12-2004, 02:20 PM
NWT Habs Fan

[QUOTE=mcphee]Is that the one on the 3rd floor somewhere on Ste.Catherine St. ? Vaugely, some years ago, I think my friend and cousin were heaved down the stairs during my cousin's stag party. Seems there was a case of mistaken identity between them and a bouncer.[QUOTE]

What do they look like? Just want to know if I need some new disguises for any future trips to Montreal.

Old
10-12-2004, 02:28 PM
mcphee

[QUOTE=NWT Habs Fan][QUOTE=mcphee]Is that the one on the 3rd floor somewhere on Ste.Catherine St. ? Vaugely, some years ago, I think my friend and cousin were heaved down the stairs during my cousin's stag party. Seems there was a case of mistaken identity between them and a bouncer.
Quote:

What do they look like? Just want to know if I need some new disguises for any future trips to Montreal.
That's actually true. We had had dinner at Magnan's and we thought we might head there and somehow lost my brother. We thought he might have understood that we were going to Supersexe, so I drove there and asked my 2 inebriated companions to go upstairs and see if my brother was waitng for us. 5 minutes later, they flew out the doors battered and bruised. We couldn't make sense of what had happened and the next day no one's memory had improved so I went to the establishment to discuss the issue wherein they contributed cash towards my poor cousin's specs. To this day, the issue is pretty cloudy, though I suspect my smart mouth friend said the wrong thing to someone.

Old
10-12-2004, 05:36 PM
Habs4Life

There's only one beer for me and it's called Alpine... The beer of beer's

Old
10-12-2004, 05:41 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
All this beer talk is getting me very, very, thirsty...

Im gona go have some water.

Old
10-12-2004, 07:10 PM
Nyclaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Life
There's only one beer for me and it's called Alpine... The beer of beer's

good beer for sure!

Old
10-12-2004, 10:17 PM
Habsfunk

I'm poor so my beer of choice these days is Pabst Blue Ribbon. Its $26.40 for a 24 and it doesn't really taste like much of anything. Normally this would be a problem, but for that price I just want something that doesn't make me want to wretch, and PBR definitely doesn't cause any of that. Before I became so poor it was either Labatt 50 or Keith's.

One of my favorite beers is Kozel. Its a Polish beer that you can get at the LCBO in Ontario and its only $2.5 for a half-litre bottle. I also really like German weiss (wheat) beers and Belgian white beers.

Old
10-12-2004, 11:28 PM
Moester

Send a message via AIM to Moester Send a message via MSN to Moester
I usually like stronger, heavier beers for getting drunk and lighter fuitier beers for social occasions where you have at max 3 beers. My bar beer is Molson Ex, its the nastiest first beer ever, but after that it gets better and better. Keiths is my beer of choise with a meal or just sitting and talking for a while.

I've tried a few of the unibroue beers. Maudite was good, but too strong to drink more than one or two at a time. I haven't drank Blanche yet but I've heard nothing but good things.

I had a few John Adams in the US...I wasn't impressed. It was a weak beer although flavourful by American standards. I never really liked any US beers, they're not heavy enough, no wonder those guys are crazy about Heineken.

I must admit that I haven't been drinking much beer recently, I've mostly been having Vodka and Red Bull at the bars when I go. Its probably the best mixed drink ever and the buzz it gives you is out of this world.

Old
10-13-2004, 08:08 AM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moester
I had a few John Adams in the US...I wasn't impressed. It was a weak beer although flavourful by American standards.
Do you mean Sam Adams????

Old
10-13-2004, 08:48 AM
mcphee

Gros Bill actually drank with John Adams.

Old
10-13-2004, 09:02 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
Gros Bill actually drank with John Adams.
Back then her name was Joan Adams.

Old
10-13-2004, 09:08 AM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
:lol

LMAO

Old
10-13-2004, 12:05 PM
NWT Habs Fan

Quote:
I heard somewhere that she was thrown out of Supersexe down the stairs by the bouncers for mowing somebody else's lawn...and coincidentally landed at Mcphee's feet on Ste Catherine's Street (anyone else see a pattern?).

Old
10-13-2004, 12:10 PM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWT Habs Fan
I heard somewhere that she was thrown out of Supersexe down the stairs by the bouncers for mowing somebody else's lawn...and coincidentally landed at Mcphee's feet on Ste Catherine's Street (anyone else see a pattern?).
I can't confirm this story. Nor will I deny it.

Old
10-13-2004, 12:31 PM
mcphee

So, in summation, former American President John Adams was a trannsexual named Joan who once had a relationship with Gros Bill and was evicted from a Montreal establishment for starting a lawn mower indoors, leaving me the responsibility of having his/her glasses replaced. Keeping in mind that NWT is cognizant of this seedy underbelly of society because as he admits, he likes to wear disguises.

Old
10-13-2004, 12:36 PM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
So, in summation, former American President John Adams was a trannsexual named Joan who once had a relationship with Gros Bill and was evicted from a Montreal establishment for starting a lawn mower indoors, leaving me the responsibility of having his/her glasses replaced. Keeping in mind that NWT is cognizant of this seedy underbelly of society because as he admits, he likes to wear disguises.
Sounds about right, McPhee. You forgot the part where Joan admitted to having had a love-child from our relationship, but that's all right (just setting up the sequel, folks).

Care to post it on the political discussion board?

Closed Thread