HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

(Video) Richards and Ovechkin bad blood history

Old
01-08-2012, 03:02 PM
deeshamrock

vCash: 500
(Video) Richards and Ovechkin bad blood history

Alex Ovechkin and Mike Richards hate each other. This bad blood began at the 2005 World Cup Games, each captain of their countries team. Having see n all the games they played (Flyers/Caps), and hearing Keith Jones and Bill Clement and other (if on versus) analysts cite that animosity spilling over into every NHL game, i wondered how or why it began

That was answered by a reporter prior to the 2010 Olynpics. I read an article by a Canadian reporter covering the games. He went from countries that were rivals to 'rivalries within a rivalry' and Richards and Ovechkin. He said he'd heard that's where the bad blood started by reporters who covered that game and some of the Canadian players they spoke to. In order for Russia to get to the Gold medal game, they had defeated USA (7-2_). Something Ovechkin said about that game, bragging, boasting or dissing the USA , whatever it was it caused Richards to see red. Captain Crunch fortified himself with a bit more piss and vinegar than normal that game and ended up with a gold medal, Ovie got a separated shoulder.

This TSN video has the analysts commenting on that Cup game and the NHl games that have followed with then trying to out hit and out score each other.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCBxLSg0U9Y

Video highlights shown
- From World Cup Gold Medal game
-Richards and Ovechkin fighting.
-Richards and Ovechkin chasing, antaganizing and hitting each other and scoring .
-Oct 2009 game where they went full out, hitting and scoring, Richie with the hatrick, Ovie with 2

Clips from the Caps/Flyers playoffs in 2008 when Richards and Ovechkin went full at each other for 7 games and OT in game 7.

Just setting up what could happen tommorow, these 2 have a very strong and intense dislike for each other. And it does usually bring out the beast in Richie.

The vidoe has some really good highlights

Last edited by deeshamrock: 01-08-2012 at 03:25 PM.
deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 03:14 PM
Chazz Reinhold

That's an awesome video. Hopefully Ovechkin brings this out in Richards, because I feel Mike hasn't quite been the same player since coming back from the injury.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 03:20 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

Good. Maybe this will raise the level of compete for the whole team. Thanks for the really informative post, I didn't know a lot of this before.

DocWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 03:21 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Nice

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 03:57 PM
Whiskeypete

nice post Dee

just me or did MR get the best of Ovi almost everytime? Ovi had a few hits that to me were borderline cheap shots. MR lit him up though numerous times

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 04:12 PM
deeshamrock

Quote:
just me or did MR get the best of Ovi almost everytime? Ovi had a few hits that to me were borderline cheap shots. MR lit him up though numerous times
Richards usually gets the best of him because he's smarter, and uses his body better when he hits and times them pretty good. Also, Richards just unnerves Ovechkin, and if Richards does best him in a hit or scoring chance, it can get him off his mental game I'm sure Mike doesn't mince his words out there. For a quiet guy, he's quite a chirper, he can set off a lot of goalies by his yapping.
There's just something about playnig agasint him that can get Ovechkin off his game. Richards has that abilty by his checking and coverage, being a pain in the ass to play against and that piss and vinegar. And that bad blood helps.

deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 04:48 PM
backhander

i love this stuff....go Richards!!!

backhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 06:01 PM
DaAnimal

As long as MR doesnt spit on ovech it should be a good match lol

DaAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 07:53 AM
ean

I'm still waiting for that Mike Richards to arrive in LA.

ean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 10:51 AM
Kingurentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWest View Post
Good. Maybe this will raise the level of compete for the whole team. Thanks for the really informative post, I didn't know a lot of this before.
level of compete
level of compete
level of compete

Kingurentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 05:06 PM
SLang

Ovi's probably made up with MR. Probably feels bad for him now.

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 07:58 PM
MsWoof

I remember Ovie crying and acting like a big suck at the WJHC game. Canada destroyed the Russians and he kept coming on the ice and made big circles with his arm so everyone could see he was injured. After that Richards and Philly beat them in the playoffs and Canada crushed Russia at the Olympics. I'd love to see this one tonight but these 10:30 eastern starts are too late for me!

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote