HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Are the CBC and the Canucks in a war?

Old
01-08-2012, 07:44 PM
galiano

vCash: 500
Look you guys if you are as pissed about Coaches Corner and I am, do what I did - email CBC Sports and tell them you are going to boycott HNiC as long as Cherry is on their network. That whole episode on Saturday night was a disgrace.

galiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 07:57 PM
BLAME CANADA*
The Canucks did it

It wasn't that bad but they got in a lot of small jabs towards us.

BLAME CANADA* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 07:58 PM
Shareefruck

I'm not usually one to complain about our vilification (in fact, I usually jump right in about being annoyed by our fans), but this is getting pretty ridiculous.

Vancouver obviously isn't the classiest team in the league, but apparently playing like dirty goons with intent to bully and injure >>> embellishing, avoiding confrontations, trying to give as much as they take without the ability to fight (often in questionable ways when their backs are pushed against the wall).

Canucks drop like flies whenever they play Boston and somehow it's always our fault for not playing the game the "right way" according to some invisible code that isn't reflected in the rulebook.

It's literally the equivalent of a kid in middle-school getting beaten to a pulp and all their classmates reacting like "What a fa**ot". Sometimes Vancouver's inability to stand up for themselves is a bit embarrassing, but in games like this I just look at the reaction other fans have and think "What the hell is wrong with you people?"

These boards are pathetic sometimes. In fact, the whole macho-tough-guy mentality of hockey fans in general turn me off. People actually get upset when a player like Henrik doesn't "stand up for his teammates" against guys like Chara, Lucic, and Horton? Give me a ****ing break.

Last edited by Shareefruck: 01-08-2012 at 08:08 PM.
Shareefruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 08:11 PM
hackey
You're Not Bored...

Quote:
Originally Posted by galiano View Post
Look you guys if you are as pissed about Coaches Corner and I am, do what I did - email CBC Sports and tell them you are going to boycott HNiC as long as Cherry is on their network. That whole episode on Saturday night was a disgrace.
Boycott HNIC?
So you won't watch any of the Nuck games during the season and then miss all of the Playoff Games...

Good intentions but a bad plan

It'll be more of a loss to you missing the games than to CBC losing one viewer

Ron McLean was at one time one of the best broadcaster/hosts that CBC had
But his latest public bias against the Canucks is obvious and unprofessional

He's knows better as a public figure to not pick sides

hackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 08:13 PM
Steveorama

I expect bias from CBC, but I loathe ignorance.
When Cherry says "look at Henrik, tiptoeing off", like he was chickening out.
Unlike Don, Henrik can actually count. 5 Canuck skaters in the brawl, due to line change, if Henrik had gotten involved, he would have been penalized...smart move by the captain to get off before anyone noticed.
Of course, had Henrik gotten into the scrum, Grapes would have said "a team captain CANNOT let that happen, you have an extra guy on, you aren't a fighter, get off!! That's why the Canucks will never win with a Swede captain", or some such bullstuff.

Steveorama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 08:17 PM
TacitEndorsement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveorama View Post
I expect bias from CBC, but I loathe ignorance.
When Cherry says "look at Henrik, tiptoeing off", like he was chickening out.
Unlike Don, Henrik can actually count. 5 Canuck skaters in the brawl, due to line change, if Henrik had gotten involved, he would have been penalized...smart move by the captain to get off before anyone noticed.
Of course, had Henrik gotten into the scrum, Grapes would have said "a team captain CANNOT let that happen, you have an extra guy on, you aren't a fighter, get off!! That's why the Canucks will never win with a Swede captain", or some such bullstuff.
Grapes would have loved to see Henrik throw some bombs.

TacitEndorsement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 08:19 PM
vancityluongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lush View Post
It's funny that you started this thread only because last night I sat down to watch coaches corner (I didn't catch it live but watched it online at like 11 PM) and was just livid. I emailed out the link to some buddies and today most of the opinions in their replies didn't really share my same level of anger so I chalked it up to me overacting a bit and maybe just being too fired up after the game yesterday. I don't know, I actually watched it again this morning and it wasn't as bad as I thought. I think what upset me the most was what happened to Salo. The guy was doing so well this year not getting injured and that ****ing rat Marchand is the one that annihilates him with a dangerous and dirty hit. Now Salo has a concussion, you never know when he'll get a career ending injury but while Cherry says the play was dangerous he went on to talk about how much he loves Marchand.

Anyhow, here's the link if anyone missed it:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockeynight...#id=2184593289

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDK View Post
"Don, let's show the-"

"DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO, I'M NOT DONE YET! BURKIE USED TO HAVE BURROWS ON HIS TEAM AND HE KNOWS THAT GUYS LIKE THAT DON'T BELONG ON THE TORONA MAPLE LEAFS! LITTLE RATS LIKE THIS KEEP RUINING THE GAME TODAY AND THEY NEED TO GET RID OF THE INSTIGATOR!"

"Okay, let's send it back to Cassie Campb-"

"HOLD ON A SECOND! THE BOSTON BRUINS ARE AS TOUGH AS IT GETS AND TEAMS CAN'T TAKE SHOTS LIKE THIS AT THEIR SUPERSTAR PLAYERS! SHANAHAN HAS TO SUSPEND BURROWS OR THIS WILL KEEP HAPPENING! WHAT AN UGLY PLAY!"
I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metric View Post
From Bruce Dowbiggin of all people.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle2295400/

I don't care that they hate the Canucks, and I don't care that they like the Bruins, but I can't figure out how they can possibly cheer on the Bruins antics and despise the Canucks'. Did Detroit ever get this much hate? Did the Ducks ever get this much love?

Hopefully Hughson gets fired from CBC for his pro-Canuck leanings, and gets hired by TSN, then they get the HNIC rights to go along with the song once Cherry is stuck in a care home for trying to shoot someone, telling them to get off his lawn.

vancityluongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 08:42 PM
Back in 94
In Gillis I trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo View Post
a mark lee haiku by me

not mark lee again
take me out back and shoot me
i'd rather be dead
lmao

Back in 94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 08:53 PM
Cowen Time

PVR is the only way to watch HNIC. Start 35 mintues or so after the game starts, skip over the intermession garbage, enjoy the game.

Cowen Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 08:58 PM
Toblerone
RIP Hickstead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spensar View Post
PVR is the only way to watch HNIC. Start 35 mintues or so after the game starts, skip over the intermession garbage, enjoy the game.
I just don't watch the intermissions...just change the channel. I've actually been doing that all season with all the NHL games I've watched doesn't matter if it is TSN, SN or CBC. They never usually say anything interesting and if by chance they do, I'll just read about it on here

Toblerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 09:33 PM
Flik
Canucks fan for life

I missed Coaches Corner last night but it doesn't surprise me to hear that a lot of disparaging remarks were made about the Canucks. Remember a few weeks ago on CC when Cherry was telling MacClean that he was "cheering for them (Canucks) in the finals", and MacClean had that "are you kidding me" look on his face?

Maybe Canucks fans are being oversensitive, I dunno. But when you have a commentator on a the country's largest national sports show talking about everyone is happy with the outcome of a game, and then throw out a comment about how one team is happy with the injuries they've caused (thus justifying the dirty hit)... you have a problem.

What a sad, sad thing to say. I'd be angry if I didn't pity that old man so much now.

Flik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 09:47 PM
xtra

what really needs to happen is a protest outside of CBC studios in vancouver. Eventually it would something would have to be said about it and then the peoples voice about how disgraceful their broadcasting has become will come to the forefront

xtra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 09:53 PM
I in the Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtra View Post
what really needs to happen is a protest outside of CBC studios in vancouver. Eventually it would something would have to be said about it and then the peoples voice about how disgraceful their broadcasting has become will come to the forefront
Occupation CBC

I in the Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 09:58 PM
mossey3535

Well, we could all use this link:

http://www.media-awareness.ca/englis...c_codes_ov.cfm

mossey3535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 10:04 PM
ProstheticConscience
Kunst

vCash: 883

#Occupycoachescorner

ProstheticConscience is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 10:19 PM
Taco Fingerhat

vCash: 4420
HNIC jumped the shark the day it decided to renew Don Cherry's contract and lose the theme song. What a terrible terrible choice.

I truly wish they could bring in Bob Mckenzie and some of the TSN panel to rescue that once relevant program. It's just one big incestuous old boys club. For me, a guy like Bob Mckenzie represents everything that's right about hockey and he should be the voice of hockey in Canada, not Maclean and Cherry.

Taco Fingerhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 10:27 PM
Tank Hankerous*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Light Mosquito View Post
I didnt see Coaches Corner last night. Can someone recap for all of us who missed it?

You know what's odd, Cherry coached Gillis when Gillis was a Colorado Rocky. And they're both from Kingston. Wonder if there's any animosity?

Last edited by Tank Hankerous*: 01-08-2012 at 10:34 PM.
Tank Hankerous* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 10:34 PM
Filiatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackey View Post
Boycott HNIC?
So you won't watch any of the Nuck games during the season and then miss all of the Playoff Games...

Good intentions but a bad plan

It'll be more of a loss to you missing the games than to CBC losing one viewer

Ron McLean was at one time one of the best broadcaster/hosts that CBC had
But his latest public bias against the Canucks is obvious and unprofessional

He's knows better as a public figure to not pick sides
I've personally boycotted HNIC some time ago. However, I will watch Canuck games and I turn it off during the intermission.
I feel much better for it.

I'd imagine if enough people did likewise, someone would notice the regional ratings dip.

I can't really write a letter to CBC about this latest incident as I didn't watch and I haven't felt compelled to watch the Youtube of it either.

lol at the occupy CBC idea!

EDIT: If the Canucks boycotted & stopped doing interviews, I wouldn't notice.

Filiatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 10:50 PM
adamzilla

Been a while since I payed attention and watched the old farts on CBC.

I'm happy.

adamzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 10:58 PM
Canucker

I'm not a fan of Cherry, nor am I a fan of Ron MacLean but I enjoy CBC's coverage of hockey. I don't take anything they say too seriously, they are largely irrelevant. I would sooner have the opinion of various posters here than Don Cherry, or Ron MacLean, or Mike Milbury. I'll watch when I am around and they are on, and I'll shake my head at them and offer my opinion of their remarks here. But it really comes down to how the Canucks organization respond to HNIC's apparent "agenda", if they don't seem to care why should anyone else? If it really bothered AV or Gillis they would probably take some form of protest themselves.

Canucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 11:09 PM
JBIZ14

I rarely watch intermissions anymore...

what I learned from this installment of CC
The Canucks scored 11 PP goals in a 4-3 win and Nathan Horton is a superstar.

Nathan Horton career best season - 82 G31 A31 P62 PIM61 "SUPERSTAR"
Alex Burrows career best season - 82 G35 A32 P67 PIM121 "RAT"

JBIZ14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 11:09 PM
PG Canuck

vCash: 1512
Just re-watched when Ron Maclean calls out Burrows and such to refresh on what he said, and he sure made Burrows look bad. Picking out all his mistakes, and blunders and putting all out those on national TV to embarrass him.

Lately, I've been skipping the intermissions as well because I'll boycott all of their intermission crap, so they don't have one extra viewer and mostly because I know people that are boycotting the intermissions as well.

The less viewers these morons get, the sooner they'll be gone, or so we hope.

PG Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 11:36 PM
JuniorNelson

vCash: 50
How is CBC relevant? Who cares what they say? They are an old hidebound bunch of relics not able to keep up with the current events. They are from the radio era, when nobody could see the play to disagree.

What hockey needs is a "Monday Night Football" approach. The US networks have unparalleled ability to show off a game. Bettman has failed to interest one. This will be his epitaph.

JuniorNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 12:07 AM
kevinsane
Lundqvist clone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank Hankerous View Post

You know what's odd, Cherry coached Gillis when Gillis was a Colorado Rocky. And they're both from Kingston. Wonder if there's any animosity?
That is REALLY interesting. Cherry usually verbally fellates anyone from Kingston or that he had an NHL connection to.

McLean has zero credibility. None. he leapt to he defense of a corrupt official by slandering a Player. That he's still employed is sad and pathetic.

kevinsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 12:08 AM
Wilch
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancityluongo View Post
Hopefully Hughson gets fired from CBC for his pro-Canuck leanings, and gets hired by TSN, then they get the HNIC rights to go along with the song once Cherry is stuck in a care home for trying to shoot someone, telling them to get off his lawn.
Or CBC retains HNIC rights and gives us Lee and Weeks full time, regular season AND playoffs. Oh, and Bob Cole for the Finals if we make it.

Wilch is offline   Reply With Quote