HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Are the CBC and the Canucks in a war?

Old
01-09-2012, 11:07 AM
bcjonny

vCash: 500
So let me know if I understand this correctly...

Don Cherry states the Boston Bruins are Happy with the Game because they put 2 Canuck Players out with injuries. I thank him for his honesty and feel he just may have spilled a Bruin Secret.

Given Don Cherrys close association and ties to this NHL Organization and its players I have no doubt his finger is truly on the pulse here.

So I was watching the Brad Marchand interview saying he was protecting himself and not trying to injure and I thought BullSh1te. I see your lips moving and Your good buddy Don just told the world your team is happy when your teammates INJURE other players.

I say Brendan Shanahan the Director of Player Safety really ought to investigate this Member Club and if need be take firm and assertive action against the management and players involved.

But he won't because its the Boston Bruins and Jeremy Jacobs owns the team...Lol He's Bettmans boss. Who's Shanahans boss

Perhaps a few thousand twitter messages and emails to Shanahan and the NHL will spark some action, but again I doubt it. But Thanks Don Cherrt for your candor that the Boston Bruin Mentality is its a good thing when they put out an opposing player. I wonder how big the celebration and the envelope was when Krecji knocked out the games biggest star in Crosby.

Which Star is the Next to be PUT OUT..

Last edited by bcjonny: 01-09-2012 at 11:08 AM. Reason: spelling
bcjonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 11:27 AM
crazycanuck

If I lived in Vancouver or BC where I could watch Canucks games regularly on TV I wouldn't have an issue with the lack of nationally televised games on CBC/TSN. Unfortunately I do not and due to this I am relegated to looking for streams to get my Canucks fix for the most part (or the bar with no sound). I also think that the Winnipeg situation has thrown CBC for a loop this season and they weren't able to prepare a proper schedule for this season.

crazycanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 01:22 PM
rye&ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shareefruck View Post
Canucks drop like flies whenever they play Boston and somehow it's always our fault for not playing the game the "right way" according to some invisible code that isn't reflected in the rulebook.
The funny part is the Bruins dove in this game where we didnt really.

The problem with his answer is also if he is protecting himself, he cant do it at the expense of putting someone else at risk. Brad Marchand seems like the type of guy that will run out of the building when a grease fire starts in the kitchen at a kids birthday party.

IMO this thread title is off, this is about Cherry and not HNIC or the CBC itself. They pay him to be a loud mouth so I dont really care what he thinks.

Last edited by Chairman Maouth: 01-09-2012 at 02:46 PM.
rye&ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 01:37 PM
ryedog*
Triple Gold Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Thanks for posting.

The only thing that stood out to me was saying that Burrows incited the whole brawl by jabbing Thornton with his stick. Did he blink and miss Thornton whacking Burrows with his stick first? I mean, geez...if Burrows doesn't react, maybe it's him Cherry rips into for having no push back to big, bad Thornton.

But anyway, other than that one glaring oversight, not that bad.
Glaring oversight? As in you blinking when Burrows whacked Paille to start the whole thing. Your fellow poster below your post got it right. Funny.

ryedog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 02:34 PM
crazyforhockey

thinking of ron and his constsnt digs or lack of maturity when on national TV

..reminds me of the old monty python ...(ron)you know what I mean,nudge nuge wink wink...

what are you saying

nothing giggle wink wink

crazyforhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 02:52 PM
FiveAndGame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody Schroeder View Post
Mickey Mouse tie. Perfect for CBC.
We have a winner.

FiveAndGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 04:17 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Don Cherry states every team that's won a cup has had a straight up goon. I disagree.

LickTheEnvelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 04:29 PM
Awesome Sauce

I remember when the schedule for this season was first announced there was a bit of a discussion about how strange it was that the Canucks have so many early Saturday morning starts this year that were on SN-Pac instead of Hockey Night in Canada

Sat Oct 22 HOME vs Wild (1pm local)
Sat Jan 7 @ Bruins (10am local)
Sat Jan 21 HOME vs Sharks (1pm local)
Sat Feb 4 @ Avalanche (12pm local)

In season's past I have a hard time recalling any non-CBC Saturday games until recently, and there definitely were never 4 in one year. This thread has got me wondering if these are all conscious decisions by the Canucks to have less games carried by CBC. Obviously they don't have complete control over their schedule, but I've got to think that the team might be more agreeable with the early starts than they might otherwise be. Then again, when I take my conspiracy hat off I remember there is one more Canadian team this season that is competing for HNIC coverage too, so who knows what's really going on behind the scenes.

Awesome Sauce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 04:33 PM
mrmyheadhurts
Registered Loser

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome Sauce View Post
I remember when the schedule for this season was first announced there was a bit of a discussion about how strange it was that the Canucks have so many early Saturday morning starts this year that were on SN-Pac instead of Hockey Night in Canada

Sat Oct 22 HOME vs Wild (1pm local)
Sat Jan 7 @ Bruins (10am local)
Sat Jan 21 HOME vs Sharks (1pm local)
Sat Feb 4 @ Avalanche (12pm local)

In season's past I have a hard time recalling any non-CBC Saturday games until recently, and there definitely were never 4 in one year. This thread has got me wondering if these are all conscious decisions by the Canucks to have less games carried by CBC. Obviously they don't have complete control over their schedule, but I've got to think that the team might be more agreeable with the early starts than they might otherwise be. Then again, when I take my conspiracy hat off I remember there is one more Canadian team this season that is competing for HNIC coverage too, so who knows what's really going on behind the scenes.
As far as I'm concerned, the fewer games on CBC the better.

mrmyheadhurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 04:38 PM
Free Torts

Send a message via MSN to Free Torts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmyheadhurts View Post
Word. Hopefully Gillis, Aquaman and the rest of the management team make this a point moving forward.

Free Torts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 04:53 PM
Al Swearengen
Smug Nation National

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJP View Post
Word. Hopefully Gillis, Aquaman and the rest of the management team make this a point moving forward.
Eff that. I'll be out of province next season.

Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 05:51 PM
Zippgunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by metric View Post
From Bruce Dowbiggin of all people.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle2295400/
It should be noted somewhere that BD is a former CBC employee who was apparently fired so his opinion on the current CBC broadcasters is suspect and classless.

Zippgunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 06:27 PM
Filiatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippgunn View Post
It should be noted somewhere that BD is a former CBC employee who was apparently fired so his opinion on the current CBC broadcasters is suspect and classless.
Hey Ron, is that you?

Last edited by Filiatron: 01-09-2012 at 11:09 PM.
Filiatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 07:02 PM
Dr Awesome
Bo "knows" Horvat

I remember coaches corner being fun to watch as a kid. However the last 8 or so years its just been garbage to me. Canuks related or not. I barley pay attention to it. Cherry is shell of his former self, and is nothing more then sack dusty bones. If Don wants to look at a rat all he needs to do is face right.

Dr Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 07:16 PM
Hyack57

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackey View Post
Boycott HNIC?
So you won't watch any of the Nuck games during the season and then miss all of the Playoff Games...

Good intentions but a bad plan

It'll be more of a loss to you missing the games than to CBC losing one viewer

Ron McLean was at one time one of the best broadcaster/hosts that CBC had
But his latest public bias against the Canucks is obvious and unprofessional

He's knows better as a public figure to not pick sides
Don't boycott the CBC boycott their advertisers. Email Cheetah Energy Drink and explain to them that you will no longer even consider buying their product over other superior products and you will inform your friends and family to to the same. Subway is another. Buy your subs from Mr. Sub every Saturday night and email photos of you enjoying your red bull and Mr Sub to CBC. Set up a page of everyone enjoying the competitors products while watching HNIC.

Hyack57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 07:26 PM
JoeCool16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmyheadhurts View Post
The station is a shell of what it used to be. TSN has completely surpassed in it terms of video and commentary quality, and Sportsnet is pretty much on par too. I mean, it's practically unwatchable if we get Mark Lee and the Weekes.

JoeCool16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 10:45 PM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

Pretty much Jim Hughson and Elliot Friedman are the only saving graces that CBC has going for them. Everybody else is just... man. Though I'd love it if the Canucks did another boycott just to show them enough's enough.

vanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 11:02 PM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo View Post
a mark lee haiku by me

not mark lee again
take me out back and shoot me
i'd rather be dead
I lol'ed.

vanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 12:51 AM
Keke Mortsons helmet

Don Cherrys' obvious contempt for the Canucks and the city of Vancouver goes back to the season Don played for the old WHL Canucks in the late sixties. I believe it was the last season that Don played professional hockey and his modest skills had atrophied to such an extent that he really wasn't an effective player anymore. I attended quite a few games that year and and I remember clearly Don being the fans favourite whipping boy and the booing and hurling of abuse was constant and unabating.

Well this is obviously something that didn't sit well with Don and he has held an obvious and very bitter grudge against the city and the team ever since. Jim Robson, who broadcast the games that season on CKWX 1130 has mentioned having the same recollection and also attributes Don's grudge to this perceived slight from Vancouver fans.

It's impossible to really understand Don's anti-Vancouver bias without knowing this little tidbit of local hockey lore.

Keke Mortsons helmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 12:59 AM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

Well lets see what they do about the Bruins and Marchand now on HNIC

LiquidSnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 01:00 AM
Crows*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldon Kannegiesser View Post
Don Cherrys' obvious contempt for the Canucks and the city of Vancouver goes back to the season Don played for the old WHL Canucks in the late sixties. I believe it was the last season that Don played professional hockey and his modest skills had atrophied to such an extent that he really wasn't an effective player anymore. I attended quite a few games that year and and I remember clearly Don being the fans favourite whipping boy and the booing and hurling of abuse was constant and unabating.

Well this is obviously something that didn't sit well with Don and he has held an obvious and very bitter grudge against the city and the team ever since. Jim Robson, who broadcast the games that season on CKWX 1130 has mentioned having the same recollection and also attributes Don's grudge to this perceived slight from Vancouver fans.

It's impossible to really understand Don's anti-Vancouver bias without knowing this little tidbit of local hockey lore.
don has stated in the past that He hated playing in Vancouver.

Crows* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 02:23 AM
ProstheticConscience
Dystemper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post
I'm expecting a lot of awkward sideways glances. Don't know what they'll be saying, though. Haven't watched that crap in years.

ProstheticConscience is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 02:30 AM
Royal Canuck
Go Jumbo Joe!

vCash: 814
I find it absolutely hilarious how Don despises Burrows and praises Marchand. For god's sake one would think they were mirror images gamestyle wise.

Royal Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 02:44 AM
Royal Canuck
Go Jumbo Joe!

vCash: 814
Maybe we should get Rick Jeannerret on CBC to do our games. that would be sick.

Royal Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 10:27 AM
Bougieman

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post
Spoiler: Nothing, aside for say something about how Marchand is really a good kid.

Amazing how after Burrows calls out a ref that the world *explodes* for Ron MacLean and CBC, and now after Marchand does it, there will be silence.

Bougieman is offline   Reply With Quote