HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Houston, we have a problem...

Closed Thread

Old
01-10-2012, 07:21 AM
Penalty Killa
glitter skates

vCash: 500
Yesterday was my first exercise class since before the baby was born. I did decently. My abs are sore this morning, but that's about it. I have excercise class M-Th during work, so I love that I get a solid workout in at least 4 times a week, and I'm not taking time away from the bambino!

Old
01-10-2012, 07:25 AM
HiddenInLight

Think i pulled a muscle in my abs on Sunday....not comfortable....

Old
01-10-2012, 07:36 AM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clock View Post
Skyrim:
I've finished the main quest at a level 44. Good stuff, though I wish the main mission had been a little bit harder. I'm probably putting it down for a while because now I can "see the matrix." When I boot it back up I'll probably be rocking out the whole evil mage deal.

I'm now playing "Dead Island" after having borrowed it from a buddy - having a lot of fun with it so far. It's sorta like Skyrim-lite, except there's driving and the graphics are a bit better. Definitely makes me want to go on a Caribbean vacation.
I'm still in the lower 10s in terms of level. Maybe 13? I've done side quests a bit and last main quest thing I did was meet the Greybeards and learn to run fast. It was awhile ago and I don't even remember anything about a horn, so I've just been putzing around. I do have a fully stocked house in Whiterun, which I'm rather fond of.

I do have a question, though, about the Redguard woman in Whiterun side quest:

Spoil:
Which side was 'right'? Was she telling the truth, or were the Alikir or however you spell it telling the truth? I ended up killing the Alikir because there were so many of them that it seemed like their story was implausible. I wanted to confront her with their side of the story but that wasn't an option.

Old
01-10-2012, 08:12 AM
Mike McDermott
blah blah blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigZackKassian View Post
No Skyrim. So you get Skyward Sword, spoiler free for Myllz.

From what I've heard, I'm about halfway through the game. The part I went through just now was downright grueling, probably 4-5 hours and had to use the in game help system twice (and ask Pix a question once). It's a perfect balance between tough and stupid tough, I have yet to get truly frustrated.

Exercise:

I played basketball yesterday for an hour. Being busy at work last week sucked. Going to the gym tomorrow.
Spoil:
Which part? I just got through "the sand ship" and that sounds like what I went through there. Although I think I'm a little more than half way.

Old
01-10-2012, 08:21 AM
Afino
The Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike McDermott View Post
Spoil:
Which part? I just got through "the sand ship" and that sounds like what I went through there. Although I think I'm a little more than half way.
Spoil:
I just entered the mining facility.

Old
01-10-2012, 08:57 AM
Clock

I didn't finish that quest actually, BGM. No help for you there, I'm afraid.

This "winter" weather is amazing. Sun? Forty degrees? In January? I like it. Apparently we're going to get lake effect'd on Friday, though...

Old
01-10-2012, 09:06 AM
Myllz
Pavelski Lite

Quote:
Originally Posted by iciclesonapapershelf View Post
I'm still in the lower 10s in terms of level. Maybe 13? I've done side quests a bit and last main quest thing I did was meet the Greybeards and learn to run fast. It was awhile ago and I don't even remember anything about a horn, so I've just been putzing around. I do have a fully stocked house in Whiterun, which I'm rather fond of.

Spoil:
Which side was 'right'? Was she telling the truth, or were the Alikir or however you spell it telling the truth? I ended up killing the Alikir because there were so many of them that it seemed like their story was implausible. I wanted to confront her with their side of the story but that wasn't an option.
Spoil:
They don't ever tell you. It's pretty much up to you to decide, unlike some of the quests later where you get that "damnit, I made the wrong call" feeling.

Old
01-10-2012, 09:11 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Only 20 posts? C'mon.

Alright, gimme your exercise updates as well as your Skyrim updates.

Skyrim:
I've finished the main quest at a level 44. Good stuff, though I wish the main mission had been a little bit harder. I'm probably putting it down for a while because now I can "see the matrix." When I boot it back up I'll probably be rocking out the whole evil mage deal.

I'm now playing "Dead Island" after having borrowed it from a buddy - having a lot of fun with it so far. It's sorta like Skyrim-lite, except there's driving and the graphics are a bit better. Definitely makes me want to go on a Caribbean vacation.

Exercise:
Doing decently. I couldn't do two pull-ups a week ago just because I hadn't done anything in six months. After about a week of working out, I can feel things starting to come back a bit and last night I jammed out four. Sad, I know, but whatever. I'm also doing a two-day intermittent fast weekly, so I stop eating food after dinner on Sunday night and don't have anything else until dinner on Monday. Read up quite a bit on the benefits and the minuses, decided to give it a shot. So far, so good, but I've gotta cut down on loading up as soon as I can eat.

There it is.
I have been doing some calisthenics daily and the ankle has not been good. The wife and I are working with a nutritionist and started an eating plan yesterday. I've quit caffeine almost entirely again (green tea is all) and that's been good.

Game-wise... like the mage more than the scout/sniper. One shot, one kill is far easier when it's a fantasy artillery piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuiltTagonTough View Post
Skyrim:

Still just a level 8, been running a lot of side quests, and I think it's finally time to go ge the horn. Finally picked up Child of Eden andan what an acid trip. I wasn't even sure I was doing everything right until the first boss died. I'm still not sure what I accomplished...but it was fun in a trippy way.

Excercise:

Only screwed up on Weight Watchers once so far and I'm down 10 lbs since Christmas. I expect the rate of weight loss to decline after the first few weeks as it has in the past and the WW guide says it will after 3 weeks or so. Until then I'm damn satisfied with those results so far.
I stayed the same from Thanksgiving to New Year's. Given the amount of crap -- sweets, booze, starch -- consumed, I did something right. Kicking in with some guidance from a pro as of yesterday. I have high hopes...

Quote:

Spoil:
In answer to your question -- either. I did one side-quest to solve a murder yesterday before dinner. My son and I worked through it in short order (not that it was hard) and kept running the character around from way-point to way-point with "The game is afoot!" in our best Holmesian rhetoric. Ok... at least we got a kick out of it...

01-10-2012, 09:13 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
I didn't finish that quest actually, BGM. No help for you there, I'm afraid.

This "winter" weather is amazing. Sun? Forty degrees? In January? I like it. Apparently we're going to get lake effect'd on Friday, though...
I may mulch my lawn today. It's dry and my neighbor's leaves are all over it.

Old
01-10-2012, 09:41 AM
Whammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Game-wise... like the mage more than the scout/sniper. One shot, one kill is far easier when it's a fantasy artillery piece.
Finally got on it last week. Dark Elf and I just hit level 10 yesterday. Spent some time at Winterhold College after roaming ALL over the game earlier last week. Decided to follow and complete quests as they come about. But there's so many...

Quote:
I stayed the same from Thanksgiving to New Year's. Given the amount of crap -- sweets, booze, starch -- consumed, I did something right. Kicking in with some guidance from a pro as of yesterday. I have high hopes...
Down 5 so far with ALOT more to go......cleaned up the basement over the weekend toget ready to finish it later this year. Put all the exercise equipement on one side and the man cave on the other.

Old
01-10-2012, 09:56 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whammer View Post
Finally got on it last week. Dark Elf and I just hit level 10 yesterday. Spent some time at Winterhold College after roaming ALL over the game earlier last week. Decided to follow and complete quests as they come about. But there's so many...
I did a bit of that too rather than just running back and forth to places. Went for a stroll -- found some cool stuff completely by accident. It's a cool feature. The crime thing was all because I was looking for a room at an inn to rest, then walked up on the scene of the murder. The Lad says "you can't let that go unsolved Dad". So away we went.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whammer View Post
Down 5 so far with ALOT more to go......cleaned up the basement over the weekend toget ready to finish it later this year. Put all the exercise equipement on one side and the man cave on the other.
I'm looking forward to the weigh-in this week. Working with a pro from the standpoint of the food end of things is new for T and I as a duo -- we did the Slow Carb thing to start last year on our own and had good results for three months. Then... then vacation happened.

Hmmmm... melt down happening in the other room.

Old
01-10-2012, 10:15 AM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Thanks for the replies. I have one of their scimitars decorating my home as a reminder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
I did a bit of that too rather than just running back and forth to places. Went for a stroll -- found some cool stuff completely by accident. It's a cool feature. The crime thing was all because I was looking for a room at an inn to rest, then walked up on the scene of the murder. The Lad says "you can't let that go unsolved Dad". So away we went.
I love that stuff. I assume this is Ulfrik's city? I saw the scene but had no idea where to go from there and just kind of left it for later. Two weeks of game time had passed and they still didn't clean that **** up.

Old
01-10-2012, 10:19 AM
Old Navy Goat

I've been playing SWTOR a bit with my friends and lvl'ing as they do so they've been happy that I've been officially transformed into a computer geek. I enjoy the space battles, don't really care too much for the questing though I'm enjoying the class quest with its various twists and turns. I especially enjoy my fallen Jedi companion Jaesa that has turned into a psychotic killer since I've freed her from the Jedi suppression. Now I get to hear how she wants to taste their blood, how their pain is exquisite, who do we get to kill now Master etc etc etc

On the workout side, still the same. Wake-up and do the Insanity workout after which I spend 30minutes or so on the bowflex and then a casual jog. I've been logging about 3 miles per run on average though I'm contemplating signing up with an organization that will oversee / give advice on training to run a Triathlon for charity with the Lymphoma society.

The romance front is still the same, I have my conjugal visits with a couple wanting to take the relationship further but I've managed to put them off so I can keep my options open.

Old
01-10-2012, 10:21 AM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Navy Goat View Post
The romance front is still the same, I have my conjugal visits with a couple wanting to take the relationship further but I've managed to put them off so I can keep my options open.
At this point, nothing you say surprises me.

Old
01-10-2012, 11:04 AM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

My PS3 died on me yesterday. The infamous yellow light of death followed by red blinking light. Tried blowing compressed air into the venting but to no avail

Took it to an electronics repair place on Delaware. He diagnosed it having a solder flow breakdown ... $100 to get it connected again and I lose no game saves or data settings. If that doesn't work, a new motherboard is needed and I lose everything for $180.

Suuuuuuuucks!!!!!!!

Old
01-10-2012, 11:06 AM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
My PS3 died on me yesterday. The infamous yellow light of death followed by red blinking light. Tried blowing compressed air into the venting but to no avail

Took it to an electronics repair place on Delaware. He diagnosed it having a solder flow breakdown ... $100 to get it connected again and I lose no game saves or data settings. If that doesn't work, a new motherboard is needed and I lose everything for $180.

Suuuuuuuucks!!!!!!!
No Sony warranty?

Old
01-10-2012, 11:11 AM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
No Sony warranty?
No I bought a refurbed backward compatible 60gb unit from GameStop just OVER a year ago. So no warranty at all.

Old
01-10-2012, 11:11 AM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
No I bought a refurbed backward compatible 60gb unit from GameStop just OVER a year ago. So no warranty at all.
That sucks.

Old
01-10-2012, 11:32 AM
Jame
Dream '16

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/heardmenta...eunion_the.php

there is a god

Old
01-10-2012, 12:06 PM
Penalty Killa
glitter skates

I weigh in on Tuesdays. Lost 2.8 lbs last week.

With exercise thrown in the mix now, I'm hoping to keep up around 2lbs a week.

Old
01-10-2012, 12:32 PM
Salzig
I am laudable.

Regarding Tebow: I take the guy who prays on the field over those who get arrested (like Vick and many others) on any day of the week. I do understand that same people are annoyed by all the "Tebow-Hype", though. I'm on the Tebow-bandwagon (I already was before the game against Pittsburgh).

Old
01-10-2012, 04:01 PM
slip

Computer back online.

"Frigginintheriggin, frigginintheriggin, frigginintheriggin there was **** all else to do."

Old
01-10-2012, 04:46 PM
HiddenInLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salzig View Post
Regarding Tebow: I take the guy who prays on the field over those who get arrested (like Vick and many others) on any day of the week. I do understand that same people are annoyed by all the "Tebow-Hype", though. I'm on the Tebow-bandwagon (I already was before the game against Pittsburgh).
The only reason I dislike Tebow is because as soon as you criticize him, all of a sudden all the Tebow supporters are like "OMG YOUR ANTI CHRISTIAN!!!! YOU HATE HIM CUZ HEZ RELIGIS!!!!!!"

Seriously on the bills board I went on there were people pissed off because the crowd chanted "Tebow Sucks!" At the Bills Broncos game...but you know the same people talk about chanting Brady sucks at the Bills Pats game....makes me so mad.

Old
01-10-2012, 05:43 PM
Fly Boy
Aye Sir!

First classes of the new semester are done. I had 4 of my 5 yesterday and came away pretty disappointed. But wouldn't you know it on my very last and final class of today I was saved. Hot girls galore. I had almost lost hope, but this class although small has more than made up for it. Can't wait for Tuesdays and Thursdays now.

Old
01-11-2012, 07:46 AM
slip

Just finalized my trip to Vegas in February.

Vegas baby, Vegas.

Kicking it old school at Caesars Palace. Kids are staying with the sister-in-law while the wife and I do shoots of Jager laced with Rohypnol on the roof (not really, of course). It's business so I don't feel guilty about leaving the toddlers behind, which we did a couple years before when attending a wedding at Caesars (although we stayed at the Bellagio -- where I ran the $5 blackjack table for hours on end).

Closed Thread