HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
10-09-2004, 11:24 AM
Mooch

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabpas
Who's going to play nets then. Gainey will not move Theo. If so he would have moved him by now. He is the key player on our team. Everyone else is fair game after that. I can see Montreal going after Crosby.
I doubt the Canadians will go after Crosby. Its taken them a few years now to build a solid group of prospects in guys like Kostitsyn, Perezhogan, Higgins, Pleks, Komo etc....To get crosby, at a minimum, we would have to 3 of those top prospects we have, and most likely more in the form of draft picks, vets etc..... We could go along and do that, but that would be taking a major step back imo, and not a step forward. Gainey wont make a deal for a single guy, just because hes from our team origins, and im not suggesting your saying that, but some might argue that. Also no matter how talented, Crosby wont single handedly change our teams competetiveness in this day in age. Hockey is much more a team game now than it was in the past.

Were getting close to a legit contender, id say were about another 2-3 years away. No way Gainey takes a step back for one guy, no matter how talented imo......

Last edited by Mooch: 10-09-2004 at 11:28 AM.
Old
10-09-2004, 11:32 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabpas
Who's going to play nets then. Gainey will not move Theo. If so he would have moved him by now. He is the key player on our team. Everyone else is fair game after that. I can see Montreal going after Crosby.
Why? What on earth makes you think that Gainey would make a move like that? What has he done or said that would make you think that?

And whoever has the top pick is not going to trade it for a couple of prospects. It's going to take a couple of prospect PLUS players that can play now. So you are probably looking at trading like 4 players for one. IMO not a deal I would be in favor of.

Old
10-09-2004, 11:34 AM
Mooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy
Why? What on earth makes you think that Gainey would make a move like that? What has he done or said that would make you think that?

And whoever has the top pick is not going to trade it for a couple of prospects. It's going to take a couple of prospect PLUS players that can play now. So you are probably looking at trading like 4 players for one. IMO not a deal I would be in favor of.
I think if this Crosby for something deal were to happen, it just may go down as one of the biggest trades in the history of the nhl. Maybee even bigger than the Lindros deal.....

Old
10-09-2004, 11:37 AM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
I think if this Crosby for something deal were to happen, it just may go down as one of the biggest trades in the history of the nhl. Maybee even bigger than the Lindros deal.....
You're right, it would probably be bigger then that deal. I really don't want to see the Habs making a deal like that

Old
10-09-2004, 11:38 AM
Mooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy
You're right, it would probably be bigger then that deal. I really don't want to see the Habs making a deal like that
I dont either......

Old
10-09-2004, 11:45 AM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
I doubt the Canadians will go after Crosby. Its taken them a few years now to build a solid group of prospects in guys like Kostitsyn, Perezhogan, Higgins, Pleks, Komo etc....To get crosby, at a minimum, we would have to 3 of those top prospects we have, and most likely more in the form of draft picks, vets etc..... We could go along and do that, but that would be taking a major step back imo, and not a step forward. Gainey wont make a deal for a single guy, just because hes from our team origins, and im not suggesting your saying that, but some might argue that. Also no matter how talented, Crosby wont single handedly change our teams competetiveness in this day in age. Hockey is much more a team game now than it was in the past.

Were getting close to a legit contender, id say were about another 2-3 years away. No way Gainey takes a step back for one guy, no matter how talented imo......
Don't forget that there won't be a roster spot for all of them. Ribeiro, Ryder, Higgins, Hossa, Plekanec, Chipchura, Lapierre, Urquhart, Locke, Perezhogin, Kostitsyn, Milroy, Ferland... How can they keep them all? Seriously?

Old
10-09-2004, 11:46 AM
Mooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ax˛+bx+c
Don't forget that there won't be a roster spot for all of them. Ribeiro, Ryder, Higgins, Hossa, Plekanec, Chipchura, Lapierre, Urquhart, Locke, Perezhogin, Kostitsyn, Milroy, Ferland... How can they keep them all? Seriously?
Its not a matter of roster spots, but how many will make it. As of right now, we dont know that so we have to hang on to all of them untill further ado........Plus if they ask for any prospect, it wont be guys like Lock, lapeirre, etc, there gona want blue chippers.....

Old
10-09-2004, 12:19 PM
Tuggy

Quote:
Its not a matter of roster spots, but how many will make it. As of right now, we dont know that so we have to hang on to all of them untill further ado........Plus if they ask for any prospect, it wont be guys like Lock, lapeirre, etc, there gona want blue chippers.....
Exactly, I think it's kind of silly to expect ALL of our prospects to become everyday NHLer's. Of course therein lies the problem, who is gonna make and who is going to be a bust that is the enternal question

Old
10-09-2004, 12:31 PM
r_po

Its safe to say that whoever gets the #1 draft pick in '05 is going to have a very tough choice on their hands, because there will be some incredible offers for Crosby.
But, he could also be one of the best ever, so which do you choose?
I take Crosby, but that will still be a tough choice.
At least it gives us something to look foreward to this year.

Old
10-09-2004, 09:39 PM
gabpas

Quote:

Gretzky described him as the next best player he's seen since Lemieux and you are not prepared to deal the Kostitsyn, Perezhogino, Higgins, etc. of the world. How many of these guys have the label superstar written all over them - none. Meanwhile Crosby will be a star and a dominating player in the NHL and you are correct it has noting do with our team's origin it has to do with talent. We have not had a dominating forward in Montreal since Guy Lafleur. I only suggested that Gainey make an offer for him. A few years back Savard offered Garon, Markov and 2 picks for Kovalchuk and I see no problem with Gainey making a similar offer for Crosby while including 3-4 better prospects but I don't think that will land him Crosby. Usually the teams that have been able to draft a future star player don't trade the pick as history has shown.

Old
10-09-2004, 09:44 PM
Blackshad

I saw crosby many time in the Q and i would do that trade anyday.

Closed Thread