HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Oilers Recall Magnus Paajarvi and Ryan O'Marra; Brule Claimed by PHX

Old
01-11-2012, 09:22 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
Yeah, Rajala counts.

We were at 49 contracts with Marincin sliding.

With Brule gone and Motin's contract terminated, we're at 47 now, I think.
I might be mistaken, but I somehow thought Motin's still counted.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 09:37 AM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
I might be mistaken, but I somehow thought Motin's still counted.
No I know for sure his doesn't count. To make it worse for Motin, he packed it up because he wasn't happy about being demoted to the ECHL although reportedly making some pretty good strides there. With the amount of PTO's that the Barons have signed Motin would have had a pretty good opportunity his year as well.

I just assumed that Rajala would be the same as Marincin, if he isn't in the NHL, AHL or ECHL he wouldn't count. However it might have something to do with his age, I'm not really sure when it comes to these specifics.

Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 10:00 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
No I know for sure his doesn't count. To make it worse for Motin, he packed it up because he wasn't happy about being demoted to the ECHL although reportedly making some pretty good strides there. With the amount of PTO's that the Barons have signed Motin would have had a pretty good opportunity his year as well.

I just assumed that Rajala would be the same as Marincin, if he isn't in the NHL, AHL or ECHL he wouldn't count. However it might have something to do with his age, I'm not really sure when it comes to these specifics.
Somewhere on this site there was an article posted and Motin made it really clear he wouldn't go to the ECHL this year. Really sucks because he had seemed to be making those strides you talk about. Have to think he might've came over too soon.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 11:05 AM
LaGu

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Somewhere on this site there was an article posted and Motin made it really clear he wouldn't go to the ECHL this year. Really sucks because he had seemed to be making those strides you talk about. Have to think he might've came over too soon.
I think this is the case. I assume that he figured that from this point he'd need 2-3 seasons more (SEL, AHL, ECHL) before he would have a chance to break in and even then it would still be a long shot seeing the prospects we have coming on D. I guess he figures that he'll enjoy it more playing those seasons at home.

In my point of view Motin took a calculated risk in coming over so early. He was a middle of the pack player in SEL, not really standing out, so he took the NA way to get more time on the ice and get used to NA style/system. Nice try though and although I may be a hopeless dreamer when it comes to Swedes but I still think that if he gets it together in SEL he could be back over here in a couple of years

LaGu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 11:35 AM
dnicks17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
Yeah, it only slides in a player's 18 and 19 year old seasons.

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote