HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jonathon Quick obvious Vezina favorite; but how about the Hart?

Old
01-09-2012, 07:42 AM
nhlfan9191

vCash: 500
Jonathon Quick obvious Vezina favorite; but how about the Hart?

Can Quick be the first goalie since Jose Theodore to win both the Hart and the Vezina?

nhlfan9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 07:47 AM
damacles1156

Not sure if Quick can Keep this up all season long. But If he can, I think he wins them Both. I guess a lot of it would depend on if the Kings make the playoffs.

Not sure how they could deny Quick the Hart trophy if the Kings make the playoffs.

30th ranked offense atm, The Kings would be talking top Five draft pick if not for Quick at this juncture.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 09:02 AM
deeshamrock

By definition the Hart is awarded annually to the "player adjudged most valuable to his team" in the National Hockey League (NHL).

If that defines anyone it' sQuick this year. Take him off this team and they are in last place.
But the voters, for some annoying reason, vote it to the highest scoring player, which is wrong.
I felt last year that Pekke Rinne should have gotten far m,ore consideration. He was the MVP if you consider where that team would have been without him on it.
he carried them.
But goalies don't get the consideration they should. That only 2 have won in all the years (1920's??) they've been giving it out, says alot about that.

deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 09:57 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

I think Tim Thomas will be a Vezina favorite as well. He does have a good offense in front of him, but his numbers in GAA and save percentage are about the same as Quick's.

It'll be a good discussion as the season goes along. I say Thomas and Quick right now are two candidates, who do you guys think would be the 3rd if voting started today? Elliott and Lundqvist have to be up there as well.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 09:58 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
By definition the Hart is awarded annually to the "player adjudged most valuable to his team" in the National Hockey League (NHL).

If that defines anyone it' sQuick this year. Take him off this team and they are in last place.
But the voters, for some annoying reason, vote it to the highest scoring player, which is wrong.
I felt last year that Pekke Rinne should have gotten far m,ore consideration. He was the MVP if you consider where that team would have been without him on it.
he carried them.
But goalies don't get the consideration they should. That only 2 have won in all the years (1920's??) they've been giving it out, says alot about that.
For the Hart, you also have to give Brian Elliott a lot of love. Guy has been beyond beast mode this year. If he plays 30 or more games down the stretch for St. Louis and keeps those numbers up, hard not to give it to him.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 10:28 AM
Sam
HFBoards Sponsor

Neither Thomas nor Elliot will play enough games to be serious Hart candidates. Goalies need to play 65+ games. That's why Thomas finished 5th in Hart voting despite setting a record for the NHL's single season best save percentage (.938) while also leading the league in 2010-11 for GAA (2.00; 2nd best was 2.11). Thomas will also be hurt by Rask's numbers.

Sam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 11:11 AM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

I wouldn't call Quick a favorite for the Vezina.

All it would take is a goalie playing comparable east of the Mississippi.

Last edited by kingsholygrail: 01-09-2012 at 11:17 AM.
kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 11:35 AM
archangel archangel

vCash: 50
sorry--I am not a kings fan and my team g sucks--so I will be able to give an outsider view of things

there is not a huge difference in stats between howard and Quick--but Howard has more wins--both have played 35 games

Ranger fans will point at Lundquist and say his stats are as good Quick

To early to say he is the obvious pick as he might not make the final 4 picks right now

archangel archangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 11:38 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
He's a lock if he repeats the second half of the season and the Kings miraculously make the playoffs while being dead last in offense throughout the entire NHL. It is indisputable.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 11:50 AM
SLang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
He's a lock if he repeats the second half of the season and the Kings miraculously make the playoffs while being dead last in offense throughout the entire NHL. It is indisputable.
If it's indisputible, that means he will get snubbed.

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 11:54 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLang View Post
If it's indisputible, that means he will get snubbed.
Hah, can't dispute that either

Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 11:55 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

If Kings makes the playoffs and have a bottom 5 offence, I dont see how voters could pick a different Hart winner, unless someone puts up like 110 points

It could easily be a weird situation where someone like Lundqvist wins the Vezina and Quick wins the Hart

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 04:24 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

EJ on NHL Network picked Quick as his favorite for midseason Vezina.

DocWest is offline   Reply With Quote