HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

The Webs/Suts Rose Ceremony - All Ryan Suter/Shea Weber FA talk

View Poll Results: Do you think that we should trade Ryan Suter at the deadline?
Yes, we need to get something for him rather than nothing. 18 30.51%
No, he's more valuable than any return that we would get for him. 41 69.49%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-31-2012, 11:05 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

vCash: 500
Ultimately, I think Poile trades for one of Hemsky, Carter, or someone from Philly.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 11:39 AM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
Private jet = $$$$$

If we were as cash-strapped as everyone says, we wouldn't be doing that. It's symbolic that we arent poor anymore.
So did Keith Yandle or John Tavares have to walk back to Phoenix and the Island?

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 12:31 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
So did Keith Yandle or John Tavares have to walk back to Phoenix and the Island?
Carpool?

Everlong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 12:35 PM
Perro

What do preditor fans think of a Weber for Doughty trade?
it would secure that you have a star talent locked up for many years to come.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 12:38 PM
wadesworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
What do preditor fans think of a Weber for Doughty trade?
it would secure that you have a star talent locked up for many years to come.
I like Doughty, but why trade a defenseman for a defenseman? Why wouldn't we just keep Weber?

wadesworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 12:44 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadesworld View Post
I like Doughty, but why trade a defenseman for a defenseman? Why wouldn't we just keep Weber?
For the security of having someone locked up longterm.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 02:58 PM
NoNecksCurse

did anyone see where it said kimmo timonen was "gently massaging" the idea of philadelphia to ryan suter during all-star weekend ? why timonen why?? we miss you and hartnell already.. not suter too

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 03:34 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
did anyone see where it said kimmo timonen was "gently massaging" the idea of philadelphia to ryan suter during all-star weekend ? why timonen why?? we miss you and hartnell already.. not suter too
Haha, saw that aswell. Damnit Timo! Don't need any more of those ideas in his head.

Everlong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 05:10 PM
WartracePred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootoo Train View Post
Haha, saw that aswell. Damnit Timo! Don't need any more of those ideas in his head.
I have an idea for Kimmo. How about Kimmo and Hartsy for Suter, Halischuck and a late round pick. Probably not what Kimmo had in mind, but hey, he did say that Suter would enjoy Philly.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 06:20 PM
Gobo
What's Your Issue?

Marc Staal + for Weber? "+" could be anything but Stepan, Gaborik, Callahan, Richards.

Staal
Dubisnky/Anisimov
Kreider
1st

What would you guys think about that?

Gobo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 07:05 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobo View Post
Marc Staal + for Weber? "+" could be anything but Stepan, Gaborik, Callahan, Richards.

Staal
Dubisnky/Anisimov
Kreider
1st

What would you guys think about that?
Would have to be Dubinsky for salary reasons.

What exactly is the deal with Staal? He was the team's TOI leader last season and was playing really well, but since coming back from the concussion, his ice time has just evaporated. That's really my biggest concern; the rest of the package looks okay. It's probably the best offer we would get for Weber if he were available.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 09:03 PM
Gobo
What's Your Issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Would have to be Dubinsky for salary reasons.

What exactly is the deal with Staal? He was the team's TOI leader last season and was playing really well, but since coming back from the concussion, his ice time has just evaporated. That's really my biggest concern; the rest of the package looks okay. It's probably the best offer we would get for Weber if he were available.
Basically in his absence a lot of things occured.

- McDonaugh has evolved from prospect to top-4, arguably top-pairing defenseman
- Dan Girardi has gone from complimentary top-4 defenseman, to true top-pairing defenseman
- Del Zotto has rebounded very well
- Good depth in Sauer (top-4), Eminger, Erixon, Stralman, Bickel, Woywitka

Also, if it's Dubinsky, would you be willing to add Kostitsyn?

Last edited by Gobo: 01-31-2012 at 09:13 PM.
Gobo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 09:59 PM
Legionnaire11

Weber in NYR would win the Norris every season for the rest of his career.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 10:45 PM
dulzhok

What did Weber say at the all-star game? I saw someone allude to it, but can't find what he said.

My feeling is we've got to trade Suter. It's looking more and more unlikley that he signs here. If we can get JVR or Schenn for Suter, we HAVE to do it. If Suter loves it here, well he can come back on July 1 and we'd have JVR/Schen and hopefully Radulov.

To remain a "playoff competitive" team, Poile would then need to go trade one of our young dmen to a rebuilding team for an decent vet... Pitkanen, Vishnosky, etc. We maybe able to pick up someone like Lydman for cheaper. Then, we need to get another bottom pairing vet... like SOB or Zanon.

I say trade him.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 11:46 PM
dulzhok

Suter for JVR or Schenn (not sure which one I'd want)
Lindback, Blum for Vishnosky, Koivu

I think Vish and Weber would form a great pair. Vish is not as apt defensively as Suter, but has more offensive talents. He's signed for cheap next year too.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 11:49 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
What did Weber say at the all-star game? I saw someone allude to it, but can't find what he said.

My feeling is we've got to trade Suter. It's looking more and more unlikley that he signs here. If we can get JVR or Schenn for Suter, we HAVE to do it. If Suter loves it here, well he can come back on July 1 and we'd have JVR/Schen and hopefully Radulov.

To remain a "playoff competitive" team, Poile would then need to go trade one of our young dmen to a rebuilding team for an decent vet... Pitkanen, Vishnosky, etc. We maybe able to pick up someone like Lydman for cheaper. Then, we need to get another bottom pairing vet... like SOB or Zanon.

I say trade him.
he mentioned Timonen, Hartnell and (of all things) Forsberg.. the way I took it he was implying that the team had a history of letting good players leave. I wanst happy, especially since all of those happened as part of the Leipold firesale...

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 02:13 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
Suter for JVR or Schenn (not sure which one I'd want)
I'd be shocked if they were willing to part with one of those pieces for a UFA to be. Selling Suter won't net that high of a return, which is why it makes more sense to hold on to him.

Look at the Hossa, Kovalchuk, Forsberg, Kaberle, and Campbell trades for comparables. None of those returns featured a player like JVR or Schenn. Closest would be Colborne, but he doesn't sniff either Philly players' jockstrap.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 08:39 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
he mentioned Timonen, Hartnell and (of all things) Forsberg.. the way I took it he was implying that the team had a history of letting good players leave. I wanst happy, especially since all of those happened as part of the Leipold firesale...
While his examples weren't great, the general gist was that we had a history of letting players go once they became too good for our wallets to keep up. Hamhuis or Ward might have been a better recent example for him to use(not that I thought losing either was a bad move, though in light of recent events, i sure wouldn't mind having Hamhuis still in the fold)

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 08:40 AM
Greg1420

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
Private jet = $$$$$

If we were as cash-strapped as everyone says, we wouldn't be doing that. It's symbolic that we arent poor anymore.
Here's hoping we beat the heck out of Philly in their barn too. After Hartnell and Kimmo enticing suter and Webs with their "we spend to the cap limit every year and are always a contender" comments. They have as many cups as we do since our team has existed. For that matter they have as many cups as I do since I've existed (born '78). Sure, they've been the number one loser lots of times. Congratulations to the Buffalo Bills of hockey.

Maybe a big win in Philly Thursday will cancel out Hartnell and Kimmo's comments in Suter and Weber's head. And for trying to lure my players away- Kimmo and Hartnell get no more love from this guy when they're in our barn.

Greg1420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 09:05 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
I'd be shocked if they were willing to part with one of those pieces for a UFA to be. Selling Suter won't net that high of a return, which is why it makes more sense to hold on to him.

Look at the Hossa, Kovalchuk, Forsberg, Kaberle, and Campbell trades for comparables. None of those returns featured a player like JVR or Schenn. Closest would be Colborne, but he doesn't sniff either Philly players' jockstrap.
All of those deals were made by non-playoff teams that had absolutely no chance of resigning that player. I think Dulzhok is advocating trading Suter IF we can get someone to overpay. Giving up any hope of re-signing him adds to the price.

Old
02-01-2012, 09:29 AM
token grinder

saw somewhere the price for suter was an nhl player, an A prospect, a B prospect and a first. Heck it may have been here somewhere.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 09:31 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
saw somewhere the price for suter was an nhl player, an A prospect, a B prospect and a first. Heck it may have been here somewhere.
Dreger said it on his "Insider Trading" segment on TSN last night. Doesn't matter though since Poile isn't shopping him...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 09:37 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Dreger said it on his "Insider Trading" segment on TSN last night. Doesn't matter though since Poile isn't shopping him...
IMO, Dreger is dangerously approaching Eklund territory. He's getting out of control.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 09:45 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

It's not unreasonable. That's a massive return for a UFA, and if we got that offer, depending on the components, I'd lean toward taking it. No one is likely to pay it, which is the point being made by Dreger-- the only way Suter moves is if Nashville gets an offer they can't refuse.

Old
02-01-2012, 12:15 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Don't want to bust balls or anything but the main board is just a train wreck if you want to get a legit answer. So with that said and with Dreger's speculation about the value of Suter if he does get moved, would this be something of interest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
The Devils are in desperate need of a #1 guy for the past 5 years now. If Suter is available, Lou should call Poile right the **** now and harass him 24/7. If a package of a top 6 forward, A prospect, B prospect and a 1st is the asking price, I would throw their way something like this...

Clarkson, Josefson/Tedenby, Urbom and a 1st

Clarkson is having a stellar year offensively with 17 goals so far and is a sandpaper type of guy, Josefson is the better prospect when comparing him and Tedenby and has the potential to be a solid 2nd line center, Urbom will probably turn out to be a 2nd pairing d-men and our 1st round pick in a stacked draft.

Have no idea if Poile would think about it but that would be my best offer.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote