HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 1 A.A.: Blue Jackets at Blackhawks, 1/10, 8:30 p.m. EST, FSOhio | Season Opener

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-10-2012, 11:20 AM
  #26
leesmith
Still in.
 
leesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 17,133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
If I were a player on this team, I would be praying for an injury just to get away from this mess
but then he couldn't be traded AWAY from this mess.

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 12:02 PM
  #27
Feicht
Registered User
 
Feicht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Twin Cities
Country: Austria
Posts: 7,263
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Feicht
Hmm maybe I'll try to catch some of this one just to see how they come out....

Feicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 12:05 PM
  #28
Sore Loser
Sorest of them all
 
Sore Loser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane, WA.
Country: United States
Posts: 6,540
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
If I were a player on this team, I would be praying for an injury just to get away from this mess
Ha, yeah ... it's like how the guys from the 101st wanted to shoot themselves in the foot to get out of Bastogne. Clever thought ... lets hope that nobody decides to do anything drastic, like Dustin Penner with that stack of pancakes...

I won't be watching the game tonight, but I certainly hope nothing changes. The worst thing this team could do right now is pile on the wins - we need a top-2 draft pick like never before. I'd love to see a culture change in that room and see them start competing just like the rest of you, but the difference from a guy like Yakupov or Murray to a guy like Grigorenko or Dumba could very well mean a big difference in our future.

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 01:20 PM
  #29
Robert
Foligno family
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 31,054
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
The Hawks have lost a few in a row, I doubt they lose tonight but new coaches often get a bump..

The second half of the season under Richards will be interesting to assess...

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 01:27 PM
  #30
cbjgirl
Just thinking
 
cbjgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: about last summer.
Country: United States
Posts: 3,357
vCash: 500
From Shawn Mitchell's twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/smitchcd

Forward lines:
Prospal - Brassard - Nash
Umberger - Pahlsson - Dorsett
Johansen - Vermette - Kubalik
Russell - MacKenzie - Boll

Sanford expected to start.

cbjgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 01:44 PM
  #31
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbjgirl View Post
From Shawn Mitchell's twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/smitchcd

Forward lines:
Prospal - Brassard - Nash
Umberger - Pahlsson - Dorsett
Johansen - Vermette - Kubalik
Russell - MacKenzie - Boll

Sanford expected to start.
Interesting.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 02:11 PM
  #32
FANonymous
Registered User
 
FANonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,911
vCash: 500
That third line is intriguing.

FANonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 02:22 PM
  #33
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FANonymous View Post
That third line is intriguing.
I've seen the second and third lines switched on some sites.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 02:42 PM
  #34
FANonymous
Registered User
 
FANonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
I've seen the second and third lines switched on some sites.
I'm not so much worried with 2nd or 3rd line as far as traditional roles go. I would assume the pahlsson dorsett umby line to be more of a shutdown line.

I'm more intrigued with the makeup of a ryjo vermy kuba line and how it will fare. Could be good, could be awful.

FANonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 02:53 PM
  #35
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!
 
Moo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Valrico, FL
Posts: 29,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
And the A.A. is very clever. Like BC and AD, I'm guessing AA is After Arniel.
Yeppers.

Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 04:43 PM
  #36
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?
 
Dr. Fire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Jacketstown, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 6,986
vCash: 500
Chicago has lost 4 in a row, and 5 of their last six.

They are playing the slump busters tonight.

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 05:32 PM
  #37
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ
 
Gagnefan924's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,074
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbjgirl View Post
From Shawn Mitchell's twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/smitchcd

Forward lines:
Prospal - Brassard - Nash
Umberger - Pahlsson - Dorsett
Johansen - Vermette - Kubalik
Russell - MacKenzie - Boll

Sanford expected to start.
Finally some decent lines that make sense. If that doesnt work, atleast we can say we tried them. Arniel's lines were a ****ing joke.

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 05:33 PM
  #38
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan
 
mt-svk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbjgirl View Post
From Shawn Mitchell's twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/smitchcd

Forward lines:
Prospal - Brassard - Nash
Umberger - Pahlsson - Dorsett
Johansen - Vermette - Kubalik
Russell - MacKenzie - Boll

Sanford expected to start.
Like these lines, really, and defense pairs?

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 05:35 PM
  #39
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan
 
mt-svk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
Finally some decent lines that make sense. If that doesnt work, atleast we can say we tried them. Arniel's lines were a ****ing joke.
Sorry but I remember that Brassard played with Nash and Prospal but later not good and Letestu had to replace him, that Aniel made the line Umberger--Pahlsson--Dorsett, if not correct me, that MacKenzie with Boll played together and that Kubalik played with Vermette. But I remember that later Carter was right and he was the first line center. Or do you think that not?

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 05:40 PM
  #40
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ
 
Gagnefan924's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,074
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
Sorry but I remember that Brassard played with Nash and Prospal but later not good and Letestu had to replace him, that Aniel made the line Umberger--Pahlsson--Dorsett, if not correct me, that MacKenzie with Boll played together and that Kubalik played with Vermette. But I remember that later Carter was right and he was the first line center. Or do you think that not?
Oh I didnt have a problem with Carter being the 1st line center but I am happy with that 3rd line. If nothing else, it will keep my interest throughout tonight. As for Brassard, he's been one of the hardest working forwards we have had lately. You cannot say that about many other players on this team. He deserves that spot and really we have no one else to put there. I do find it concerning that he has been producing and yet we get a tweet from Mitchell saying Richards said he could come off that line later on. No problem with that if he doesnt bring it but I want equality for all our players. Whether it be Prospal or Nash needing replacing.

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 05:44 PM
  #41
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan
 
mt-svk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
Oh I didnt have a problem with Carter being the 1st line center but I am happy with that 3rd line. If nothing else, it will keep my interest throughout tonight. As for Brassard, he's been one of the hardest working forwards we have had lately. You cannot say that about many other players on this team. He deserves that spot and really we have no one else to put there. I do find it concerning that he has been producing and yet we get a tweet from Mitchell saying Richards said he could come off that line later on. No problem with that if he doesnt bring it but I want equality for all our players. Whether it be Prospal or Nash needing replacing.
I said about lines because you wrote that Arniels lines were joke and when Carter is injured its normal that Brassard will be the first line center he was under Arniel too untill he began to play bad and replaced by Letestu. And write that Arneil has the same or similar lines. Why do you find something other behind my comment?

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 05:49 PM
  #42
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ
 
Gagnefan924's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,074
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
I said about lines because you wrote that Arniels lines were joke and when Carter is injured its normal that Brassard will be the first line center he was under Arniel too untill he began to play bad and replaced by Letestu. And write that Arneil has the same or similar lines. Why do you find something other behind my comment?
Well I found Arniel's lines a joke when he put Brassard on the 4th line for 5 minutes a night. Then he benched Johansen a few times. Then he took Letestu off the 2nd line after he assisted and put Boll there. Then he did the same thing with Brassard the night after. So glad he is gone.

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 07:25 PM
  #43
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman
 
1857 Howitzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 5,434
vCash: 500
Anyone else's HD feed go out?

NM its back now.

1857 Howitzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 07:26 PM
  #44
Halfboard
mmmm, beer
 
Halfboard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Springtucky
Posts: 3,587
vCash: 500
Awesome.............on Dish Network, the game is NOT in HD. Will pick up in HD at 9:30 (JIP)................................I guess they're short HD feeds...........

Halfboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 07:41 PM
  #45
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Jaxs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 7,738
vCash: 500
Toews felt that deflection off the side of his face then off the post!

Jaxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 07:49 PM
  #46
FANonymous
Registered User
 
FANonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,911
vCash: 500
Seeing the Hawks reporter girl I'm more willing to give Natalie a pass on the looks. Chicago's girl actually sounded like a real reporter though...

FANonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 07:49 PM
  #47
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!
 
Moo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Valrico, FL
Posts: 29,026
vCash: 500
The game is in HD on NHLCI, using the CSN Chicago feed.

Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 07:50 PM
  #48
CBJWennberg41
Me when I watch CBJ
 
CBJWennberg41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 16,193
vCash: 500
No change in the team whatsoever

CBJWennberg41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 07:52 PM
  #49
FANonymous
Registered User
 
FANonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
No change in the team whatsoever
that's good right?

FANonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 07:53 PM
  #50
Schtick
Registered User
 
Schtick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Welland, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 32
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
No change in the team whatsoever
No, but wait to see how they come out after the 1st intermission, see if they respond different.

CBJ get a powerplay as I write this, hope they get one here.

Schtick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:29 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.