HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ottawa Senators @ ****sburgh Penguins | 7:00 P.M. | Consol Engery Sens Edition |

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-10-2012, 04:28 PM
  #76
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy
 
MAK19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 13,511
vCash: 500

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 04:34 PM
  #77
Mercurial
#lalala
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,178
vCash: 500
Desmond! Epic win.

Mercurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 04:38 PM
  #78
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek
 
ReginKarlssonLehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 22,121
vCash: 500
Hey guys, I'm currently in a debate with Scott Cullen from TSN because he said Karlsson does not go up against other team's top lines compared to Weber, Chara, Lidstrom. Do you guys have site or somewhere that shows that it's true or proves otherwise.

Much love, I wanna smack this guy down. Especially since he mentioned Phaneuf in Norris talk, lmao.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 04:39 PM
  #79
SelleckStache
Registered User
 
SelleckStache's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,733
vCash: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Hey guys, I'm currently in a debate with Scott Cullen from TSN because he said Karlsson does not go up against other team's top lines compared to Weber, Chara, Lidstrom. Do you guys have site or somewhere that shows that it's true or proves otherwise.

Much love, I wanna smack this guy down. Especially since he mentioned Phaneuf in Norris talk, lmao.
You're getting trolled

SelleckStache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 04:44 PM
  #80
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek
 
ReginKarlssonLehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 22,121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SelleckStache View Post
You're getting trolled
I'm gonna troll the troll.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 04:44 PM
  #81
Minister of Offence
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 23,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SelleckStache View Post
You're getting trolled
I'm not sure about that.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 04:46 PM
  #82
topshelfie
Registered User
 
topshelfie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,418
vCash: 500
Who needs Bob Mackenzie when you have Scott Cullen

topshelfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 04:47 PM
  #83
Goat Boy
In support of BMurr.
 
Goat Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,623
vCash: 500
Karlsson obviously doesn't play sheltered minutes, but he definitely doesn't go up against the best players like Lidstrom et al. On the Sens alone, Kuba and Phillips both face better.

I would say Cullen has a point in this case. Which is unfortunate because he's really annoying. I wish he'd hit puberty and drop his voice a couple octaves.

Goat Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 04:49 PM
  #84
SensFan26
Registered User
 
SensFan26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sydney, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,464
vCash: 500
Huge test here for the Sens. 9 of the next 10 on the road. This could be the difference maker between playoffs and no playoffs.

SensFan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 04:54 PM
  #85
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek
 
ReginKarlssonLehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 22,121
vCash: 500
Sens need to shore up their defense if they want any way of making playoffs.

Karlsson, Kuba, and Gonchar all have been fanastic lately but Phillips, Carkner and to an extent Cowen have struggled. We can't allow half our defensive corps to play poorly most nights. Lee's been given an opportunity to shine here. He should take it and run with it. As for Cowen he's just a rookie and playing exceptional regarding the amount of time he gets and his age.

I still think if we are at playoff position by deadline and we wanted to go for it, we would need to acquire another top 4 defense man and pray for no injuries.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 04:54 PM
  #86
SelleckStache
Registered User
 
SelleckStache's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,733
vCash: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
I'm not sure about that.
The guy plays more than half of the game. It's next to impossible that he's getting off the ice before their top players get on.

On the other hand, is The Stache matching him up against their best players at home? I'm not sure

SelleckStache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 04:56 PM
  #87
PKC*
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,552
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Hey guys, I'm currently in a debate with Scott Cullen from TSN because he said Karlsson does not go up against other team's top lines compared to Weber, Chara, Lidstrom. Do you guys have site or somewhere that shows that it's true or proves otherwise.

Much love, I wanna smack this guy down. Especially since he mentioned Phaneuf in Norris talk, lmao.
You should take a peek at behindthenet, it's a superb stat site.

Example for your argument: http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stati...4+45+46+63+67#

PKC* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 04:57 PM
  #88
Benny FTW
k
 
Benny FTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,755
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Hey guys, I'm currently in a debate with Scott Cullen from TSN because he said Karlsson does not go up against other team's top lines compared to Weber, Chara, Lidstrom. Do you guys have site or somewhere that shows that it's true or proves otherwise.

Much love, I wanna smack this guy down. Especially since he mentioned Phaneuf in Norris talk, lmao.
If Karlsson averages 25+ mins a game and hes not playing against teams top players then other teams must play their 3rd/4th liners a ton.

Or just tell him hockey is moar then statistics its an actual real life game

Benny FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 04:57 PM
  #89
SensFan26
Registered User
 
SensFan26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sydney, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,464
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Sens need to shore up their defense if they want any way of making playoffs.

Karlsson, Kuba, and Gonchar all have been fanastic lately but Phillips, Carkner and to an extent Cowen have struggled. We can't allow half our defensive corps to play poorly most nights. Lee's been given an opportunity to shine here. He should take it and run with it. As for Cowen he's just a rookie and playing exceptional regarding the amount of time he gets and his age.

I still think if we are at playoff position by deadline and we wanted to go for it, we would need to acquire another top 4 defense man and pray for no injuries.
If we are in a playoff position at the deadline, I doubt we do anything.

SensFan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 05:00 PM
  #90
dennilfloss
Yes I love disco!
 
dennilfloss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,946
vCash: 500

dennilfloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 05:06 PM
  #91
Apaharn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,422
vCash: 500
You know, having quickly perused other teams' GDT versus the Senators recently, I have seen that for some reason other fanbases really don't like Denis Potvin for some reason.

Apaharn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 05:07 PM
  #92
SelleckStache
Registered User
 
SelleckStache's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,733
vCash: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
I'm gonna troll the troll.
I would ask him to back up that statement, because dollars-to-donuts, he can't... thus, he's trolling

SelleckStache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 05:14 PM
  #93
ElRossoMatt
Registered User
 
ElRossoMatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bucharest,Romania
Country: Romania
Posts: 280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apaharn View Post
You know, having quickly perused other teams' GDT versus the Senators recently, I have seen that for some reason other fanbases really don't like Denis Potvin for some reason.
That's because he is a big homer. I like him tho

ElRossoMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 05:17 PM
  #94
ShutDownDefense
Wild Time!
 
ShutDownDefense's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
I'm gonna troll the troll.

ShutDownDefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 05:24 PM
  #95
danishh
Dat Stache
 
danishh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: mtl/ott/somewhere
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,657
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apaharn View Post
You know, having quickly perused other teams' GDT versus the Senators recently, I have seen that for some reason other fanbases really don't like Denis Potvin for some reason.






march 8th we play the rangers at home and snet is covering. We need people to print these signs and take them there.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 05:25 PM
  #96
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan
 
mt-svk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,869
vCash: 500
I hope for Sens victory

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 05:26 PM
  #97
ShutDownDefense
Wild Time!
 
ShutDownDefense's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,177
vCash: 500
^ *shrug* Potvin's kind of hilarious, but also kind of annoying at on how drunk he sounds all the time.

ShutDownDefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 05:32 PM
  #98
Minister of Offence
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 23,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SelleckStache View Post
The guy plays more than half of the game. It's next to impossible that he's getting off the ice before their top players get on.

On the other hand, is The Stache matching him up against their best players at home? I'm not sure
Cullen's just a knob. If he's trolling, he's doing so unknowingly.

He takes offensive and defensive zone starts against the best....much higher priority for the offensive zone starts though. He was protecting a lead with a minute left at home the other night.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 05:38 PM
  #99
Benny FTW
k
 
Benny FTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,755
vCash: 500
gotta love some pregame hockey central with them talking about the leafs the entire show

Benny FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 05:40 PM
  #100
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek
 
ReginKarlssonLehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 22,121
vCash: 500
Potvin's face when asked about Alfredsson passing him was priceless. What's even funnier is that he started blaming/interrogating Dean Brown. Loool!

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:04 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.