HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

Maine vs North Dakota

Closed Thread

Old
10-08-2004, 03:30 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Maine vs North Dakota

I'll be watching the game, just had some questions about a number of players if they were drafted or not.

For North Dakota- Kyle Radke, Ratislav Spirko, Ryan Kaip.

For Maine- Matt Lundin, Keith Johnson, Brett Tyler, Brent Shephard, Tim Maxwell, Keenan Hopson, Wes Clark.

Last edited by montreal: 10-09-2004 at 10:05 PM.
Old
10-08-2004, 05:12 PM
ndhockey21

Send a message via AIM to ndhockey21 Send a message via MSN to ndhockey21
10 players are drafted from the sioux half the team or so. Radke and Porter were drafted I think

Old
10-08-2004, 05:35 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Porter has, Radke hasn't been yet.

I caught the webcast of Maine's game vs. Vermont this past sunday. UVM got smoked 7-1. Maine scored 4 PPGs (I guess the power play's working again).

BTW, Montreal.....you should add Tom Zabkowitz to your list of must-sees. He had a really good game vs. UVM. If memory serves me correctly, he notched a goal and two assists.

As for tonight's game, it should be a good one. I really can't wait to see Zajac. I'll try and put up game notes on it later tonight.

Old
10-08-2004, 05:59 PM
paxtang

Rob Bellamy was drafted by the Flyers in the 3rd round.

Old
10-08-2004, 07:44 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers Chick
Porter has, Radke hasn't been yet.

I caught the webcast of Maine's game vs. Vermont this past sunday. UVM got smoked 7-1. Maine scored 4 PPGs (I guess the power play's working again).

BTW, Montreal.....you should add Tom Zabkowitz to your list of must-sees. He had a really good game vs. UVM. If memory serves me correctly, he notched a goal and two assists.

As for tonight's game, it should be a good one. I really can't wait to see Zajac. I'll try and put up game notes on it later tonight.

Will do thanks.

Old
10-09-2004, 03:21 AM
ndhockey21

Sioux win in ot off a Stafford penalty shot!!!! 4-3

Old
10-09-2004, 08:09 AM
Pavel

That was the first game I've seen played at Maine. It's really cool how the players go up the steps and through the crowd to leave the ice.

Old
10-09-2004, 08:44 AM
User571

Send a message via AIM to User571
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndhockey21
Sioux win in ot off a Stafford penalty shot!!!! 4-3
Do you think Freshmen goalie Lameroux will see any time. I read about him last year when he was playing for Lincoln Stars.

Old
10-09-2004, 09:37 AM
NCAA Hockey Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel
That was the first game I've seen played at Maine. It's really cool how the players go up the steps and through the crowd to leave the ice.
It's only a temporary thing. They are building the Shawn Walsh center at the Alfond and with the construction going on it's forcing them to do that for the 1st couple weeks of the season.

Old
10-09-2004, 11:41 AM
NYRangers

Damn, you should have looked out for Billy Ryan. He was drafted 3rd rd and is in Maine. He was named 12th best incoming freshmen, he has a chance to be a real good player.

Old
10-09-2004, 01:55 PM
ndhockey21

Lamoureux might earn some time this year but there are 2 starters from last year to beat so im not sure. Hopefully we can pull out another win tonite

Old
10-09-2004, 04:04 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers
Damn, you should have looked out for Billy Ryan. He was drafted 3rd rd and is in Maine. He was named 12th best incoming freshmen, he has a chance to be a real good player.

I saw him and taped the game. He had one big hit from what I saw but I didn't watch it all yet.

Old
10-09-2004, 04:05 PM
Pavel

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCAA Hockey Fan
It's only a temporary thing. They are building the Shawn Walsh center at the Alfond and with the construction going on it's forcing them to do that for the 1st couple weeks of the season.
That explains it. Thanks for the info.

Old
10-09-2004, 05:56 PM
NYRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
I saw him and taped the game. He had one big hit from what I saw but I didn't watch it all yet.
When/If you watch it please post how he looked.

Old
10-10-2004, 03:33 AM
Slats432

Quote:
I watched the whole game and Ryan wasn't a factor. I actually thought I would see more of Zajac, Stafford but neither of them generated a lot, except the penalty shot goal by Stafford.(Although I did get annoyed at the CSTV guy who kept calling him Dave Stafford... )

Jimmy Howard MAINE and Jordan Parise UND were both decent, yet unspectacular in the nets. Parise had a couple of bad bounces cause goals against, but I thought he was great on the first shot, but poor in picking up the puck after the shot and he needs to work on his puck handling.

I sure like Andy Schneider and Colby Genoway...both with very solid outings...as for the Oilers draft pick Matt Greene, I don't think a freight train could out muscle him for the puck. A few big hits.

All in all a great game to watch.

Old
10-10-2004, 02:22 PM
ndhockey21

The sweep!!! 3-1 win Spirko 5 pts on the weekend.

Old
10-10-2004, 04:09 PM
NCAA Hockey Fan

Quote:
Ryan didn't do much of anything on Friday night. He wasn't a factor in the offense and had troubles in his own end. The most disturbing part of his game is he shys away from physical contact big time. He sat in the stands Saturday night as well.

Old
10-10-2004, 09:27 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Yes, I saw the game too.

The two players that no one is talking about that IMO played pretty darn well are Rob Bellamy and Brady Murray.

Murray was just all over the ice. He was making this happen, creating some great scoring oppotrunities. One of the plays of the night IMO was that 2-on-1 in the 2nd period that gave UND that 3-2 lead that he had with Colby Genoway. Genoway made the play happen and Murray finished it. The only crucial mistake that I saw that Murray made was that turnover in the latter stages of the 3rd on a power play where Leveille and Moore came busting up the ice on a 2-on-1 and Parise made that nice save.

I liked what I saw of Bellamy. He was solid in his own, tied up his man nicely, laid some pretty solid hits too. He covered hisown end of the ice really well.

Old
10-10-2004, 09:45 PM
paxtang

What line was Bellamy on and what kind of ice time did he see?

Old
10-10-2004, 10:07 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCAA Hockey Fan
Ryan didn't do much of anything on Friday night. He wasn't a factor in the offense and had troubles in his own end. The most disturbing part of his game is he shys away from physical contact big time. He sat in the stands Saturday night as well.

I saw Ryan with a big hit late in the 3rd. He is lucky that the refs didn't call him for leaving his feet, cause he did. He took an elbow to face from Greene which got Maine a PP. I thought Lundin played well on defense although I missed more then half the game he played well from what I saw. Spirko looked good, for a little guy he fought through some checks and showed some decent moves. Stafford didn't do much from what I saw, but Greene was fun to watch, he played a physical game.

Old
10-10-2004, 10:10 PM
NCAA Hockey Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxtang
What line was Bellamy on and what kind of ice time did he see?
The 1st 3 games so far Bellamy has been on a line with Hamilton and Jankus which has been the 1st line,but technically Maine doesn't really have a 1st line. Bellamy has been getting alot of ice time both 5x5 and special teams. The kid is alot faster than I thought he'd be and he's an animal. He took at least 4 guys of their feet this past weekend with good clean checks. He hasn't done much offensively yet,but you can see flashes that show he's capable,but he creates alot of havoc on the ice and is a ferocious forechecker. It's been a long time since Maine has had a kid that can throw the body around like him.

Old
10-10-2004, 10:18 PM
NCAA Hockey Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
I saw Ryan with a big hit late in the 3rd. He is lucky that the refs didn't call him for leaving his feet, cause he did. He took an elbow to face from Greene which got Maine a PP. I thought Lundin played well on defense although I missed more then half the game he played well from what I saw. Spirko looked good, for a little guy he fought through some checks and showed some decent moves. Stafford didn't do much from what I saw, but Greene was fun to watch, he played a physical game.
I saw the hit as well it was actually in front of where my seats are. It looked worse than it was probably because he did leave his feet . That was the only time I saw him get involved physically and earlier in the game I saw him give up the puck to duck a hit on a couple of occasions. He's only listed as 165 and doesn't look any bigger than that in street clothes so he's going to have to put on some weight. You can tell he has alot of talent offensively from little things he does with the puck and he sees the ice well. But he needs to learn how to play in his own end because that is basically Maine's game. Their defense is usually strong because the forwards
support the D so well back checking(which they didn't this weekend),but he's a Freshman and that part of his game will come with experience.

Old
10-11-2004, 01:02 PM
Mainiac Mainer

IMO - UND vs. Maine

Went to both games. Friday nights game was awesome. Both teams played very well. Maine played with heart and fought a hard fought game. Penalties were just tooooooooooooooooooooooooo many In fact I thought it really had an effect on the flow of the game and I thought some of the calls were unnecessary and others that could have been called were not. Needs to be more consistant. The penalty shot was just wierd. Net never came off the moorings and UND never got a shot off during the scramble or came close to a scoring chance. The rule is the rule I guess, but discretionary call by officials. Saturday's game was a bit of a dissappointment. UND came to play. Maine played well in the first, but took the second period off for the most part. Third period was better for Maine but not enough to comeback. Would have been nice to split the weekend. Whitehead's comments were right on with my opinions about how the team played and how individuals contributed.

UND's forcheck was sensational. Three man forecheck........it was pressure for Maine to get the puck out of the zone. Defensively too laxed getting the puck up and out of the zone. Which didn't help in the offensive production especially in Saturday's game. Mushaluck needs to get nasty. Barnes is solid as far as not turning the puck over. Maxwell just needs a bit more time. UND was much faster than Vermont and bigger. Hard to understand the speed as a freshman. Green was very good and big. Schnieder was good for UND as well. Their whole back line was big and could skate. Thought Tyler played well on Saturday in his debut. Was good at carrying the puck up and then breaking it out. Lundin will be fine. I am confused as to way Zab was playing forward and not D. Forward wise I thought Damon was great especially Friday. Sat I thought he was a step behind from Friday but still a contributor. Murray from UND was sensational he is fun to watch. Zajac was quiet, Stafford was smooth and physical. Ryan played Friday but not Saturday. Looked like he didn't want to mix it up in the corners. Good with the puck but needs to be tougher. Bellamy was a huge surprise. I can't believe there has been no hype on this kid. He was awesome to watch. Doesn't take a shift off. When Bellamy and Murray were on the ice I couldn't keep up. Great to see Soares and Shep in the rotation. They both looked good and need to stay contributors. Where was Johnson? We could have used him out there. Ronan, Murph and Michelle worked hard but were moved off the puck especially Michelle. Jankus and Hamilton showed a bit of inconsistancy. Stupid 10 min by Jankus on Sat. could have used him out there. Moore was consistant, needs to pick up the pace. All and all good lesson for the Bears. Every game, every shifts matters. I pitty Niagra after this weeks Maine practices.

Old
10-11-2004, 03:18 PM
ajsonor

Does anybody know of a video posting of Stafford's Penalty Shot goal, I understand it was a thing of beauty?

Old
10-11-2004, 04:10 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Mainiac Mainer:

Thanks for the report! It's much appreciated. Good job!

ajsonor: not that I'm aware of at the moment.

Closed Thread