HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

F Teuvo Teräväinen - Jokerit, SM-Liiga (2012, 18th overall, Chicago)

Closed Thread

Old
01-11-2013, 12:40 PM
Walkingthroughforest
Johnny be good.

vCash: 500
He's no Johnny Gaudreau

Old
01-11-2013, 12:43 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haite;57438813[B
He's played a couple of games in Mestis after the WJC. (Jokerit HC) Lämsä said that it's because Jokerit have been playing well resently, and he didn't want to break the roster. However interestingly enough Ben Eaves got back to their line-up for tonight's game while Teräväinen is still absent, so I don't know what's up with that.
One game only. And TT is playing tonight alongside Eaves and Pulkkinen.

Old
01-11-2013, 12:46 PM
Haite
x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
One game only. And TT is playing tonight alongside Eaves and Pulkkinen.
Oh, brainfart.

Old
01-11-2013, 01:07 PM
Leehh

Some incredible hands was shown by teravainen at powerplay if that was a goal it would've been probably goal of the year.

Old
03-20-2013, 10:05 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

How has he been looking? His numbers look fairly good for the year - especially because he was injured.

Is he expected to play for Finland at the IIHF World Championships?

Old
03-20-2013, 10:19 AM
Huokaus

I haven't watched him or anything but I don't think he has any chance of making the WHC team. He's still inexperienced and weak, and there are simply better players to choose.

Old
03-20-2013, 10:27 AM
thomast

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
How has he been looking? His numbers look fairly good for the year - especially because he was injured.

Is he expected to play for Finland at the IIHF World Championships?
He have been pretty good after bad start. He was the best player of finnish WJC team IMO. Still physically immature. He did learn alot from playing with Erik Karlsson. He runs PP at the point very well and is very clever. Despite being physically weak in FEL i haven't seen him getting crushed like Granlund or Lehkonen. Overall this year was pretty good for him. Once he get stronger and get more power to his already beautiful skater he'll be very good. Pretty promising so far. He will play atleast 1 year in Finland but wouldn't been suprised if 2. He is still 18 year old and was one of the youngest prospects for the 12 draft. Still alot time to grow.

Not even slightes chances to crack into WHC team. Barkov is the only prospect from FEL who has decent chance on WHC team as finnish NT-team GM Jari Kurri stated

Last edited by thomast: 03-20-2013 at 10:51 AM.
Old
03-20-2013, 01:31 PM
Emppu

Jokerit 2-0 Lukko, Teräväinen

Old
03-21-2013, 01:43 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Can those who have watched him in Finland share their thoughts about his potential ability to play C at the NHL level.

When the Hawks drafted him at #18, they were falling over themselves b/c they obviously had him rated (on their draft list) significantly higher. There's been some suggestion that, w/ in the Hawks organization, Teuvo projects as potentially their 2c.

I'm wondering what those who watch him a lot think - can he play top six C at the NHL level? ... or is he a perimeter guy who won't be able to move from wing?

How far is he for competing for a spot at the NHL level (and does he project re anything other than the top 6?...meaning, from what i've seen from him, he doesn't seem like a guy who's contributing re the bottom 6)

Old
03-21-2013, 05:12 AM
sirMcDuck

I think he has a big potential to be TOP 6 forward in NHL. But you have to remember that he is still a kid with a small frame. He needs to mature and than he can start to think about NHL. He has super solid vision and goal scoring ability. He has always his head up in game and that's something that you can't see even in NHL for many players.

Nobody knows how many season will it take but I'm guessing that he will spend two more years in Finland before he leaves. As I said he is still a kid and kids don't play in NHL.

Old
03-21-2013, 05:24 AM
Gaps

I don't see him making it as a center. So far he hasn't even been able to play center successfully in SM-liiga. Jokerit tried him there last fall, but that experiment failed. TT's not much of a defensive player. He can be a good offensive top 6 winger in the NHL, but center? I don't see it. He has many great qualities and I think he can do fine in the NHL, but I don't see him having much potential as a center.

Old
03-21-2013, 05:31 AM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Can those who have watched him in Finland share their thoughts about his potential ability to play C at the NHL level.

When the Hawks drafted him at #18, they were falling over themselves b/c they obviously had him rated (on their draft list) significantly higher. There's been some suggestion that, w/ in the Hawks organization, Teuvo projects as potentially their 2c.

I'm wondering what those who watch him a lot think - can he play top six C at the NHL level? ... or is he a perimeter guy who won't be able to move from wing?

How far is he for competing for a spot at the NHL level (and does he project re anything other than the top 6?...meaning, from what i've seen from him, he doesn't seem like a guy who's contributing re the bottom 6)
Well IIRC he played center at last year's U-18 WJC and has played it at juniors so it's not like it's a new position for him. However he did have issues playing at it in the beginning of the season. On the other hand the season start wasn't very good or normal for him (due to his off-season training being hampered by the cross-Atlantic travelling) nor his team Jokerit. There were injury, suspension and line chemistry issues all over. He regained his confidence when he was moved to wing. He's going to play in Finland at least one more season, possibly two so in theory he's got time to get comfortable playing center.

Old
03-21-2013, 04:29 PM
Reikai
Neutral fan

Quote:

He is much better suited for wing. He doesnt have the strenght to win enough of those defensive one-on-one battles but he does have that great speed and willingness to defend though so there might be a chance that he could manage it in NHL. Playing the center position takes something away from his offensive game that is his biggest strenght, so i'd rather see him as a playmaking offensive winger who is decent defensively and pots 20-25 goals.

Old
03-21-2013, 05:42 PM
canucksPK

I think he has the potential to be a first line winger. Don't like him as a center though. His hockey sense, skating, puck skills and shot are all very impressive.

Old
04-09-2013, 12:17 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

anyone from Finland have any updates? is his season over, etc?

Old
04-09-2013, 12:36 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
anyone from Finland have any updates? is his season over, etc?
Yep, it's over. I believe Jokerit was eliminated in the 1st round of the playoffs, after finishing as the top seed.

Old
04-09-2013, 01:36 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Yep, it's over. I believe Jokerit was eliminated in the 1st round of the playoffs, after finishing as the top seed.
i love the way i prefaced my comment by saying "anyone from finland have any updates"...and then you just couldn't help yourself

*yawn* i was hoping for some one from, you know, finland

Old
04-09-2013, 03:02 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Old
04-09-2013, 01:24 PM
Reikai
Neutral fan

Quote:
i love the way i prefaced my comment by saying "anyone from finland have any updates"...and then you just couldn't help yourself

Well, he had a decent season. Somewhat disappointing ( for me at least ) but then again its the most difficult season for anyone ( sophomore ) and he had a lot stuff going on in the off-season. Looked kinda tired and lost at the beginning of the season but got better as it went on and had a stretch with something like 15-20 games with PPG pace. Maybe my expectations were too high after he showed those flashes of dominating in the playoffs in his rookie season.

Anyways, overall got better as a player and im hoping ( and i believe so ) that he will get stronger this summer and also be prepared for a big role next year. This was a learning season regarding being a difference maker for his team.

His attitude is world-class, showed in the WJC's where most of the other key players were bad and he was the best of them.

Old
04-09-2013, 02:26 PM
DraftNerd

Quote:

You really need to hear it from someone in Finland that his season is over?

Old
04-09-2013, 04:37 PM
NativeHockey77*

Will he be a 40-50 point guy in your opinion? or 70-80 ?

Old
04-10-2013, 09:54 AM
Reikai
Neutral fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCDAVID View Post
Will he be a 40-50 point guy in your opinion? or 70-80 ?
My guess would be in the middle, 50-65

Old
04-10-2013, 02:55 PM
NHL Dude 120

Ahl

I'm a neutral fan here , but just wondering is there any chance he'll play in the AHL for the remainder of the season or is he most likely going to play for suomi in the IIHF world championships ?

Old
04-10-2013, 03:12 PM
YARR123

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Dude 120 View Post
I'm a neutral fan here , but just wondering is there any chance he'll play in the AHL for the remainder of the season or is he most likely going to play for suomi in the IIHF world championships ?
Neither. I'm pretty sure he will still stay in finland for atleast one more year. And I believe his chances of making the world championship team are next to zero. There's just too many better, more experienced players available for any kind of role.

Old
04-10-2013, 03:33 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Dude 120 View Post
He's not signed by Chicago, has a contract with Jokerit and they don't have to sign him until next year so that's a no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YARR123 View Post
Neither. I'm pretty sure he will still stay in finland for atleast one more year. And I believe his chances of making the world championship team are next to zero. There's just too many better, more experienced players available for any kind of role.
He wasn't picked for the second phase of Team Finland's World Championship training camp, mostly due to not being in that great form and because the most likely wingers for the final squad are already in camp.

Closed Thread