HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Shane Doan to NYR

Old
01-10-2012, 08:51 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

vCash: 500
Shane Doan to NYR

Assuming the Coyotes are out of the playoffs come the deadline what would it cost NY assuming that he probably resigns with PHX after the season is over (UFA).
I think he'd fit NY's style perfectly and could help bring a cup.

In terms of constraints - anything that weakens NY's team now. Prospects & Picks are all available...Assuming the starting roster with the exception of Wolski & Christensen is off limits (not that you'd have interest anyways).

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 09:14 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Wolski should go back to Phoenix and then they can trade him back to Colorado.

His career would be a nice palindrome.

COL - PHX - NYR - PHX - COL

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 09:18 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post

COL - PHX - NYR - PHX - COL
Then upon retiring settle in brampton, die in Toronto after living a long fruitful life and get buried in Poland

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 10:36 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Miller or Kreider?

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 11:14 PM
gotmonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Miller or Kreider?
Kreider is going NO WHERE

gotmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 11:27 PM
DesertDawg

In response to the OP, if the franchise is going to relocate, then they would be better off to trade all the impending UFAs regardless of the playoffs and not likely to trade in the conference of the future move...

Quote:
Miller or Kreider?
Maybe McIlrath too, but I don't think that the Rangers will out bid the other teams...

Quote:

I thought about Jokinen when a poster in another thread suggested OJ to Florida

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 12:21 AM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

vCash: 50
Something like 1st + a prospect just below top tier?
Somebody like Fasth or Thomas.

iamitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 12:25 AM
Shellz

Dubinsky?

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 12:46 AM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
Something like 1st + a prospect just below top tier?
Somebody like Fasth or Thomas.
and the reason why the Rangers aren't going to get Doan. I seriously doubt that Maloney would trade for draft picks as the main piece. More likely it will be a top forward prospect...

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 12:49 AM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Dubinsky?
Core roster players for a rental?
Doan is an upgrade over Dubinsky, but we have him under contract for three more years after this one. That's more valuable than a few months of Doan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
and the reason why the Rangers aren't going to get Doan. I seriously doubt that Maloney would trade for draft picks as the main piece. More likely it will be a top forward prospect...
Fair enough. Our biggest chance for a cup is in the next two years. Our first rounder this year won't make an impact then, while Kreider and Miller could and likely will. On ELCs, they're going to be too valuable to us to use as trade bait, I think.

If we really can't get Doan for a prospect under Kreider/Miller (and Fasth and Thomas are nothing really to sneeze at. Thomas is technically our second highest rated prospect [and forward], before Miller even. I just disagree with our writer on his position).

iamitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 01:00 AM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
Core roster players for a rental?
Doan is an upgrade over Dubinsky, but we have him under contract for three more years after this one. That's more valuable than a few months of Doan.
I'm a huge fan of Doan. The Coyotes would be silly ask for anything but an overpayment.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 01:17 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

1st and Christian Thomas is the best you'll get from the Rangers. We're first in the league. That's called a position of strength. If Phoenix doesn't want to take that deal, fine by me. There are plenty of other options. We don't need to make a huge move. Prospal, Ruutu, Whitney would all be potentially just as productive as Doan as rentals this playoffs. Of course I'd love to get Bobby Ryan for the long-term, and I'd give up a core player or two like Anisimov, Sauer, and picks/prospect. And of course Selanne would really be the IDEAL rental, but it's more likely we add Ruutu or Prospal for a mere 2nd round pick and a mediocre prospect. We already have crazy amounts of depth at every position except LW.

Sather will gauge the situation and make the best deal available. Sather doesn't lose trades.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 01:39 AM
nyrfan1026

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
1st and Christian Thomas is the best you'll get from the Rangers. We're first in the league. That's called a position of strength. If Phoenix doesn't want to take that deal, fine by me. There are plenty of other options. We don't need to make a huge move. Prospal, Ruutu, Whitney would all be potentially just as productive as Doan as rentals this playoffs. Of course I'd love to get Bobby Ryan for the long-term, and I'd give up a core player or two like Anisimov, Sauer, and picks/prospect. And of course Selanne would really be the IDEAL rental, but it's more likely we add Ruutu or Prospal for a mere 2nd round pick and a mediocre prospect. We already have crazy amounts of depth at every position except LW.

Sather will gauge the situation and make the best deal available. Sather doesn't lose trades.
Lisin for Korpedo? Loss.
Tyutin for Zherdev? Only thing that stops this from being a majorly embarrassing loss is the organizations defensive depth, which mind you did not exist at the time of the trade, and has since been acquired through sheer dumb luck (Referring to McD and Erixon.)
Samuelsson for Graves? Enough said.
Leetch for Immonen/Kondratiev? Disgusting to see a player whose done so much for this team and city be treated with such disrespect. Especially considering he was traded for players who have had zero impact in NY.
WW for Roszival? Great success for PHX. From a NYR stand point, No way, shape or form a win, but I see Wolski being both far too soft mentally and physically for Torts liking. You may disagree which is perfectly fine with me, so we'll chalk that one up as a neutral manuever as is.

Last edited by nyrfan1026: 01-11-2012 at 01:49 AM.
nyrfan1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 01:43 AM
mcsauer2738

My guess is that the rangers will get Prospal back for a 2nd at the deadline and have him replace John Mitchell in the lineup. With that said, with how well the rangers are currently playing with the current line up I could also see them doing absolutely nothing. Rangers are in a huge position of power here and really don't need to outbid anybody because if they keep playing this way they have a great shot at the cup as is.

mcsauer2738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 01:45 AM
mcsauer2738

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan1026 View Post
Lisin for Korpedo? Loss.
Tyutin for Zherdev? Only thing that stops this from being a majorly embarrassing loss is the organizations defensive depth, which mind you at the time did not exist at the time of the trade, and has since been acquired through sheer dumb luck (Referring to McD and Erixon.)
Leetch for Immonen/Kondratiev? Disgusting to see a player whose done so much for this team and city be treated with such disrespect. Especially considering he was traded for players who have had zero impact in NY.
We did wind up getting Michael Sauer out of the Leetch deal

mcsauer2738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 01:51 AM
nyrfan1026

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsauer2738 View Post
My guess is that the rangers will get Prospal back for a 2nd at the deadline and have him replace John Mitchell in the lineup. With that said, with how well the rangers are currently playing with the current line up I could also see them doing absolutely nothing. Rangers are in a huge position of power here and really don't need to outbid anybody because if they keep playing this way they have a great shot at the cup as is.
I'd be with bringing Prospal back. Gave everything he had in his far too short of a time in NY. He's also proven to fit in nicely and have great chemistry with our boys. The more depth/leadership the better, as you never know with injuries and what not. Sather needs to be smart and find his Chris Kelly/Rich Peverley type of player. Not one, but two freakin steals by Chiarelli. Dudes a genius.

Langkow, Whitney and T. Ruutu could probably be had without putting even the slightest of dents in the pipeline (talking about the usual suspects Kreider, Miller, Taker, etc). Maybe Moen in MTL if they are way out of it.

Last edited by nyrfan1026: 01-11-2012 at 01:57 AM.
nyrfan1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 04:26 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post

I would consider this. It WOULD be funny if it was a 1st, Thomas, and Wolski for Doan + Rozsival, Aucoin, or Sauer. might make sense to get a back up vet RD with an expiring contract for the playoffs. Sauer brothers would also be a fun treat. even if Kurt is out with PCS

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 04:54 AM
jerseyjinx94
I jinx players.

I'd rather keep the young assets. Kreider could be here this year. Thomas is a goal scorer. Miller was just drafted. We have guys who are core players who are going to be too expensive soon (a la Chicago a few years ago) and we need capable players to step in fr continued success. If Doan can't be had for Wolski+ picks or a deal similar to that, as much as I would love to add him, I'll pass.

Last edited by jerseyjinx94: 01-11-2012 at 04:56 AM. Reason: Doan*
jerseyjinx94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 06:11 AM
Chalfdiggity3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyjinx94 View Post
I'd rather keep the young assets. Kreider could be here this year. Thomas is a goal scorer. Miller was just drafted. We have guys who are core players who are going to be too expensive soon (a la Chicago a few years ago) and we need capable players to step in fr continued success. If Doan can't be had for Wolski+ picks or a deal similar to that, as much as I would love to add him, I'll pass.
I completley agree with you, if we make a trade it shouldnt be giving up anything of serious value or implications to the team.

On the core players being to expensive, i think that depends on what we do with out money this year. After this season we have about $12mm of salary cap relief with only 1 or 2 players that need to be resigned, everyone else can go. If we play things smart we should be in a better situation than chicago.

Chalfdiggity3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 06:44 AM
beastly115

1st + Thomas is as far as I go.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 06:46 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalfdiggity3 View Post
I completley agree with you, if we make a trade it shouldnt be giving up anything of serious value or implications to the team.

On the core players being to expensive, i think that depends on what we do with out money this year. After this season we have about $12mm of salary cap relief with only 1 or 2 players that need to be resigned, everyone else can go. If we play things smart we should be in a better situation than chicago.
What is the cap in the new CBA my friend?

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 06:56 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Shane Doan has never won a playoff series in his career.

The playoffs are unchartered territory for him.

Sather lost the Graves trade. Adam played just 2 years after the trade. Go look at Samuelsson's play with the Wings and VAN. Sather lost that trade. HA

Wolski for Rozsival opened up $1.2M in cap space. The Rangers freed up a spot on D. McDonagh needed to play. Sauer needed to play. The Rangers needed the flexibility to sign Richards and re-sign all of their own free agents.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 07:06 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan1026 View Post
Lisin for Korpedo? Loss.
Tyutin for Zherdev? Only thing that stops this from being a majorly embarrassing loss is the organizations defensive depth, which mind you did not exist at the time of the trade, and has since been acquired through sheer dumb luck (Referring to McD and Erixon.)
WW for Roszival? Great success for PHX. From a NYR stand point, No way, shape or form a win, but I see Wolski being both far too soft mentally and physically for Torts liking. You may disagree which is perfectly fine with me, so we'll chalk that one up as a neutral manuever as is.
Rangers received a second round pick in the Leetch trade that was used to draft Michael Sauer. So to say none of the players impacted the Rangers isn't true.

That said, Leetch should never have been traded. However, Sauer is a big part of this team's defense corp.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 07:36 AM
GAGLine

I'd rather trade for Whitney than Doan. Whitney is a better fit as he plays the left side and will probably cost less to acquire. I don't see Sather giving up a 1st and/or a top prospect for a rental.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 08:27 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Quote:
Miller or Kreider?
lol, that was good.

I needed to laugh this morning.

Thanks.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote