HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Subban's Odd Tendencies

Old
01-22-2012, 06:26 PM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

vCash: 500
Subban's Odd Tendencies

Hey guys I'm just wondering what the hell happened to this guy. I know he's dealing with a bummed knee lately but seriously I don't see any confidence in his game anymore. I notice that he shoots from pretty much anywhere, and I think I have seen about a dozen shots right at defenders shin pads this week when the defender is directly in front of him. I don't see many rushes up the ice anymore either. I know the coaching staff is trying to make him more cautious, but caution is not his game and thats why a lot of people love the guy. He should be given the green light every time to make a rush up the ice. I dont get why his game is being limited. The funny thing is that hes playing with Gorges who is a stay at home kind of D man which would give PK opportunities to make rushes with someone so steady behind him.

Can someone please tell me what the hell is wrong with the guy?..I miss watching him and his swagg

Jmac1160* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 06:32 PM
poetryinmotion

Nothing is wrong with him, for god's sake will people get off his back?

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 06:36 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

He's in his second year in the league being asked to be a #1, except he doesn't have a #2, or a #4. We have a #1, a #3 four #5's and a few #7's. Pretty much, we have two healthy top four defensemen and Subban is being asked to do too much.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 07:27 PM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Im not "on his back" I am worried. Big difference. And sure he is being asked to play crazy minutes but still why is he making weird decisions out there?

Old
01-22-2012, 07:34 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
This. You'd think he was the only player on the team.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 07:39 PM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

[QUOTE=hockeyfan2k11;42932313]This. You'd think he was the only player on the team.

Instead of everyone hating on me and not reading my opening statement how about you take a hike and go watch the whole team play. I OBVIOUSLY know he's not the only player on the team but he has been off this yr. Thats a valid point. The whole team has been off this year but I'm just worried about PK. He is not the same is all I am saying. I swear people on here just some here to start an argument behind their computers. Internet tough guys

Old
01-22-2012, 07:41 PM
pine*

gtfo OP...leave Subban alone

pine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 07:51 PM
Skarjak

Ah come on, you may not be in love with the "Trade Subban" brigade, but to say there's nothing wrong with him is ludicrous. His shot on the PP is predictable and doesn't scare anyone, he routinely makes lazy plays which result in goals, he blames his teammates for his lack of production and he's even arguing with the coaches on the bench now.

He needs to be coached, there's no doubt about that.

Skarjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 07:52 PM
AntonCH

several young sophomore / 3rd year Dmen had growing pains recently. Doesn't mean you want to throw the baby out with the bath water

AntonCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 07:54 PM
haburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac1160 View Post
Hey guys I'm just wondering what the hell happened to this guy. I know he's dealing with a bummed knee lately but seriously I don't see any confidence in his game anymore. I notice that he shoots from pretty much anywhere, and I think I have seen about a dozen shots right at defenders shin pads this week when the defender is directly in front of him. I don't see many rushes up the ice anymore either. I know the coaching staff is trying to make him more cautious, but caution is not his game and thats why a lot of people love the guy. He should be given the green light every time to make a rush up the ice. I dont get why his game is being limited. The funny thing is that hes playing with Gorges who is a stay at home kind of D man which would give PK opportunities to make rushes with someone so steady behind him.

Can someone please tell me what the hell is wrong with the guy?..I miss watching him and his swagg
is this for real?hard to tell these days.

haburger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 07:54 PM
pine*

The fact that he doesn't speak French doesn't help either .

pine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 07:55 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarjak View Post
Ah come on, you may not be in love with the "Trade Subban" brigade, but to say there's nothing wrong with him is ludicrous. His shot on the PP is predictable and doesn't scare anyone, he routinely makes lazy plays which result in goals, he blames his teammates for his lack of production and he's even arguing with the coaches on the bench now.

He needs to be coached, there's no doubt about that.
You got a source for that?

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 08:22 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Oh boy. They show Ladouceur and Subban talking about his screw-up on the bench and now he's "arguing with his coaches".

Yet all we heard when Martin was here was that there was no communication with the players. OK guys.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 08:25 PM
Born in 1909
Vive la France!

When I look back at early in my career, I did a lot of stuff that was rather amateur at times when I think of it.

Subban is learning his trade in the most public of ways... in the glare of the spotlight of a VERY fast moving sport.

He's fine.

In pre-internet days it was so much easier.

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 08:29 PM
Skarjak

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
You got a source for that?
... are you joking?

What about the extremely well publicized sortie he made when he was complaining that the forwards weren't getting the puck to him quickly enough on the powerplay?

And where were you when the Antichambre spent 20 minutes talking about Subban's argument with Ladouceur, showing the clip multiple times to prove their point?

Both events certainly were noted on this forum.

Quote:
Oh boy. They show Ladouceur and Subban talking about his screw-up on the bench and now he's "arguing with his coaches".

Yet all we heard when Martin was here was that there was no communication with the players. OK guys.
Come on... look at that clip again. They're not just "talking". It's blindingly obvious to everybody that they're arguing. So yes, he's argued with the coaches while on the bench at least once, which makes my statement above 100% correct.

Old
01-22-2012, 08:32 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
He's in his second year in the league being asked to be a #1, except he doesn't have a #2, or a #4. We have a #1, a #3 four #5's and a few #7's. Pretty much, we have two healthy top four defensemen and Subban is being asked to do too much.
Doesn't explain why his shot has gone to ****. The kid can't hit the net and telegraphs for 10mins before he hits the puck. He is one of the worst on the powerplay, he brings no offense and his passing is downright attrocious. People blame Kaberle but watch him pass to Subban only for subban to screw up and cause a rush back down to our end is brutal.

Hopefully it is just a slump but the coach needs to help him through this.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 08:41 PM
Kikizaz

Quote:
... are you joking?

What about the extremely well publicized sortie he made when he was complaining that the forwards weren't getting the puck to him quickly enough on the powerplay?

And where were you when the Antichambre spent 20 minutes talking about Subban's argument with Ladouceur, showing the clip multiple times to prove their point?

Both events certainly were noted on this forum.

Come on... look at that clip again. They're not just "talking". It's blindingly obvious to everybody that they're arguing. So yes, he's argued with the coaches while on the bench at least once, which makes my statement above 100% correct.
Clearly you have never played any sport at a competitive level.

I'd rather they be talking on the bench, than either slinging mud or not talking at all.

Communication is important in any relationship.

Kikizaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 08:42 PM
Evil Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac1160 View Post
Its team wide struggles and its obvious when coaches have been fired more then once this year.

Stuff like this is complete over reaction which is not surprising it is Montreal. Nothing to see here this team as a whole will be better next season.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 08:47 PM
Skarjak

Quote:
Clearly you have never played any sport at a competitive level.

I'd rather they be talking on the bench, than either slinging mud or not talking at all.

Communication is important in any relationship.
Wow, I can't believe you actually forced me to dig that up: http://www.rds.ca/zone-video/#cat=53&videoID=104865

Clip appears after the 3 min mark, then there's another clip a little while after.

Seriously dude, that's an argument. I know we're all fans of this team but you gotta call a spade a spade. There is no room for debate here.

Props to Damphousse for noticing how all the other defensemen are sitting close together, while Subban is on his own.

Seriously, saying the kid has as a problem doesn't mean we have to trade him. There's no need to try to deny something that's as plain as day. Subban just needs to be coached.

Old
01-22-2012, 08:50 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Ted View Post
Its team wide struggles and its obvious when coaches have been fired more then once this year.

Stuff like this is complete over reaction which is not surprising it is Montreal. Nothing to see here this team as a whole will be better next season.
With Patrick Roy and a likely top-5 pick making the big team right off the bat...

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 08:55 PM
holyhabs87

Quote:
Wow, I can't believe you actually forced me to dig that up: http://www.rds.ca/zone-video/#cat=53&videoID=104865

Clip appears after the 3 min mark, then there's another clip a little while after.

Seriously dude, that's an argument. I know we're all fans of this team but you gotta call a spade a spade. There is no room for debate here.

Props to Damphousse for noticing how all the other defensemen are sitting close together, while Subban is on his own.

Seriously, saying the kid has as a problem doesn't mean we have to trade him. There's no need to try to deny something that's as plain as day. Subban just needs to be coached.
I cannot stand when people look at things like this like they are ****in body language experts (if that exists).

What about last night when after PK got a shot on net on the PP and Kaberle went up to him and said "graet shot man." What was that? I thought nobody cares about him. How about during a TO when Gill was talking and not one dman was looking at him?

Seriously, when PK was arguing with RL what the hell were the dmen supposed to do...give him a hug?

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 08:56 PM
capebretoncanadien

I took the bait lol. Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill on a so called argument. An argument yes but perhaps one of the mildest ones I've ever seen.

Not sitting close to him on the bench hahah?? Another non issue. I love how many here and those goofs on Anitchambre consider themselves mind readers and can analyze peoples feelings towards each other based on images.

capebretoncanadien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 09:15 PM
Skarjak

Hey, I never said that him sitting further away from the other guys meant anything, it's just funny considering the circumstances and rumors.

And frankly, that doesn't seem so mild to me. Seems like Subban's trying to justify another lazy ass play after he's been told many times to be more careful. And clearly Ladouceur didn't want to hear his excuses.

That Subban, instead of going back to the bench and silently feeling shame, decided instead to turn around and try to justify himself to the assistant-coach (likely by saying something like "Someone should have been there!") does speak volumes about his character, especially in the context of everything we know about him. This is a fault that will have to be ironed out, no doubt.

Can you even think of any player wearing a letter on his jersey doing this? If Subban really wanted to absolve himself of yet another lazy play, he could have at least waited until after the game. This was completely unnecessary.

Even Martin, who's still getting paid by the organization, was quite clear in saying that Subban had some maturing to do. And hopefully he'll be well coached and progress. But you can't just say there's nothing wrong with him.

Old
01-22-2012, 09:21 PM
holyhabs87

Quote:
Hey, I never said that him sitting further away from the other guys meant anything, it's just funny considering the circumstances and rumors.

And frankly, that doesn't seem so mild to me. Seems like Subban's trying to justify another lazy ass play after he's been told many times to be more careful. And clearly Ladouceur didn't want to hear his excuses.

That Subban, instead of going back to the bench and silently feeling shame, decided instead to turn around and try to justify himself to the assistant-coach (likely by saying something like "Someone should have been there!") does speak volumes about his character, especially in the context of everything we know about him. This is a fault that will have to be ironed out, no doubt.

Can you even think of any player wearing a letter on his jersey doing this? If Subban really wanted to absolve himself of yet another lazy play, he could have at least waited until after the game. This was completely unnecessary.

Even Martin, who's still getting paid by the organization, was quite clear in saying that Subban had some maturing to do. And hopefully he'll be well coached and progress. But you can't just say there's nothing wrong with him.
Price IS considered one of the leaders in this dressing room. He used to never take blame and we all remember the incident with Markov. Kids need to learn. PK needs to learn. You don't need to act like this is something out of the ordinary.

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 09:34 PM
Dafe

Subban is the first professional athlete to argue with one of his coaches.

Dafe is offline   Reply With Quote