HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Baby Pens Lines

Closed Thread

Old
10-09-2004, 01:05 AM
Evil Speaker
Registered

vCash: 1584
Baby Pens Lines

Does anyone know what the Baby Pens lines will look like come the regular season?

Also, how many points do you expect out of Talbot and Oulett?

Old
10-09-2004, 01:49 AM
Jacob

vCash: 500
Kind of depends. The one line that has been consistent throughout preseason has been Abid - Talbot - Hussey, as Seabass stated after the 2nd preseason game.

The other lines are a little more of a question mark. Some have Beech with Surovy and Armstrong, but I've also seen evidence of Beech playing with Murley and Ouellet. Here's how I'm guessing the lines will be:

Murley - Endicott - Ouellet
Surovy - Beech - Armstrong
Abid - Talbot - Hussey

The one definite you'll see is that Ouellet, Surovy and Abid will be split up. They are the 3 bonafide finishers in the lineup. I'm not sold on Ouellet, and he was quiet as a mouse in the playoffs last season and that has carried over into the preseason, but I don't see why he won't be able to score 30 again- even in a suped up AHL.

I originally had Talbot pencilled in as the 4th line center, or perhaps the 3rd line wing if he was lucky, but Therrien seems to be completely sold on his abilities. Plus he's been having a very strong preseason, I guess having good chemistry with Hussey and Abid. If he stays on a line with Abid (arguably WB/S' top forward) he should produce lots, but Ben Eaves will be coming back soon from injury so nothing's guaranteed.

The fourth line is a little more open for debate. Lefebvre is probably a definite on the LW, and Christensen seems to have a job as the center of this line thanks to a strong preseason. Paddock and Morency appear to be in the running for the other wing.. They'll probably rotate between these 4 players for this line since Lefebvre and Paddock can also play center. This line might depend on performance as much as it might depend on what team the baby Penguins are playing (for instance, playing Morency against a team like the Phantoms). Talbot might be included in this "rotation" as well depending on how well he plays.

The top 4 on defense is pretty well set in stone. Nasreddine will play with Whitney, Kelleher with Scuderi. The 3rd pairing looks to be Koci with Lupaschuk, although I guess he took a knee-on-knee hit in tonight's game and it didn't look too good. If Lupaschuk's out or not playing well, Darcy Robinson will probably take his spot. Or possibly one of Fata/Rouleau.

Old
10-09-2004, 01:02 PM
Evil Speaker
Registered

Thank you very much.
So do you think Oulett will score more goals and get more points than Talbot?

Old
10-09-2004, 04:07 PM
Nikk

Yes, I agree also that the Abid, Talbot, Hussey line has been consistent and I think that Talbot will have more points than Ouellet. Talbot always gives 110% and that is why Therrien is giving him a great chance being on that line. Everyone thought that Talbot would be a good 4th liner but in the pre-season games, he has shown that he could be on the 2nd line and perform well and it seems to work great with Abid & Hussey. It will be clearer after a couple more games and when Eaves comes back from his injury as to how Therrien will be using Talbot. I just love Talbot for his determination, drive and personality. I followed him when he was with the Hull Olympiques and he's a great player and will definitely play NHL.

Old
10-09-2004, 04:36 PM
Evil Speaker
Registered

Thanks for the reply Nikk.
The reason why I posted this thread is because I realized that Ouellet is available in my AHL hockey pool. So i'm thinking of who I should drop to get him. The player i'm considering to drop are Talbot, Stoll, Vigier, Beech or Zigomanis....i'm leaning toward Talbot but i'm not sure...any suggestions?

Old
10-10-2004, 10:23 AM
Nikk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuomo#1
Thanks for the reply Nikk.
The reason why I posted this thread is because I realized that Ouellet is available in my AHL hockey pool. So i'm thinking of who I should drop to get him. The player i'm considering to drop are Talbot, Stoll, Vigier, Beech or Zigomanis....i'm leaning toward Talbot but i'm not sure...any suggestions?
For sure, you should definitely take Ouellet who I think got 30 goals last year. Then I would take Beech that had 20 goals, then I would take Stoll and then Zigomanis. Now there's Vigier and Talbot left. I'm not sure about these two how they will perform. I just know that Talbot always gives 110% but we do have to take into account that he will be a rookie and the AHL is very different from the Juniors, but because of his drive and determination and I know that he's very hard on himself to always do better, I think it would be a good last choice for your pool. But I do not want you to drop Vigier who is also a good player and lose the pool and blame it on my opinion Anyway good luck, perhaps other members will be giving you their opinion on who you should drop and then you could make your choice .

Old
10-10-2004, 10:41 AM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Would Lemieux be eligible to play for the baby pens since he missed last season?

Old
10-10-2004, 12:11 PM
Evil Speaker
Registered

I've decided to drop Talbot. I think it's too big a risk to take him now.
Thanks for your guys' replies, it really helped.

Old
10-10-2004, 12:43 PM
Seabass
Onward and Upward

Send a message via AIM to Seabass
Last night's lines:

Abid-Talbot-Hussey
Murley-Beech-Ouellet
Lefebvre-Christensen-Paddock
Morency-Corupe-Crampton

The D pairs changed throughout the game.

Morency apparently hurt a muscle after his fight (:08 in), and his linemates saw limited time afterward.

They had Beech's line against Spezza's. Needless to say, Beech got manhandled and took 3 penalties because he couldn't keep up.

Old
10-10-2004, 06:03 PM
The Old Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass
Last night's lines:

Abid-Talbot-Hussey
Murley-Beech-Ouellet
Lefebvre-Christensen-Paddock
Morency-Corupe-Crampton

The D pairs changed throughout the game.

Morency apparently hurt a muscle after his fight (:08 in), and his linemates saw limited time afterward.

They had Beech's line against Spezza's. Needless to say, Beech got manhandled and took 3 penalties because he couldn't keep up.
Spezza is going to manhandle a lot of pros. in the NHL. I was hopping for more from Beech. Maybe he's not cut out to be a good shadower? some pepole need to find a role they can fill. I hope he finds it soon.

Old
10-10-2004, 06:12 PM
Seabass
Onward and Upward

Send a message via AIM to Seabass
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Master
Spezza is going to manhandle a lot of pros. in the NHL. I was hopping for more from Beech. Maybe he's not cut out to be a good shadower? some pepole need to find a role they can fill. I hope he finds it soon.
I was trying to get out the fact that it was a pretty dumb matchup and Beech didn't play well. I know some people think I'm biased against him; the talent shows every now and then. Is every now and then going to make him a successful NHLer? No.

The fact does remain that Spezza is disgustingly good. His 1st good was off a rebound where he actually waited for the goalie to get up to roof a backhand.

Old
10-10-2004, 07:02 PM
DJ Spinoza

Without even hearing the entire game, I can easily see what Seabass is saying. Beech takes stupid penalties with consistency and really hasn't shown that he has what it takes to be a good defensive center, even for Wilkes Barre.

I don't know if he would be able to produce enough to be a top-6 player in the NHL.

One thing's pretty clear, and it's that there really is no clear prediction for where Beech may be worked into as far as a role. Right now he's a pretty good AHL player with an uncertain NHL future. But, to his credit, the Pens did resign him, which means that they have to have some kind of role envisioned for him eventually.

I guess we'll see as time goes by, but Beech is not someone I'm really confident in, even as an AHL player.

Old
10-10-2004, 07:19 PM
Jeff Goldblum

I was really hoping Beech would make up lost time during the lockout. He'll have great linemates and should be counted on as a leader of the team. But, it's a little too early to count him out. I sure hope he gets it some time soon. His time is running out.

Closed Thread