HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

Penguins vs Capitals. 7:30pm. Verizon Center. 1.11.2012

Old
01-11-2012, 12:04 PM
txpd

vCash: 500
just on the surface of it. after the intermitant hating on wideman as clueless and hamrlik as an over the hill pylon, adding a 23 year old, two 22 year olds and a 20 year old to the defense, it looks like the hanlon days after the lockout.

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 12:08 PM
Liberati0n
Jesus Christ Marie

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
just on the surface of it. after the intermitant hating on wideman as clueless and hamrlik as an over the hill pylon, adding a 23 year old, two 22 year olds and a 20 year old to the defense, it looks like the hanlon days after the lockout.
Where is Mathieu Biron now? They should track him down and sign him. He would thrive in man-to-man.

Liberati0n is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 12:16 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to usiel
Quote:
Originally Posted by tycoonheart View Post
Whyno's reports are so annoying.

Its always like this:

Tweet: Here is my report on Backstrom being IR'd

You click the link and all it will say is:

"Backstrom IR'd"
I have to agree..I rarely check the links..lots of busy with minimum content. Granted in this day of beat writers on twitter its all about real time and being "First post!!! zomg!".

And then there is an initial blog post tweet link, an updated blog post tweet link, an updated w/quotes blog post tweet link, and then in case you missed it my blog post tweet.

01-11-2012, 12:22 PM
Big McLargehuge
Diving in Head First

vCash: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
Caps lose because WE SUCK.
Oh yeah? Well the Penguins SUCK MORE!

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
Big McLargehuge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 12:24 PM
IafrateOvie34

Please Caps win this game. There is no excuse to lose this game.

IafrateOvie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 12:26 PM
californiacapsfan
Registered Voter

Backstrom to IR and Bourque's suspension is nearly over. What a bunch o' crap.

californiacapsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 12:27 PM
IafrateOvie34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
Lol, Classic.

Old
01-11-2012, 12:31 PM
IafrateOvie34

Quote:
Hey, at least I won't have to watch Laich struggle to do anything on that top line.

Interested to see how Ovi-MJ-Semin work together.
Hopefully they stay onside more than offsides .

Old
01-11-2012, 12:35 PM
RandyHolt
Kuz My Arse Beach

Sarge "wants to play". The most meaningless thing a reporter could put in a tweet. Has a benched player ever told a reporter they don't want to play?

Dale and JJ probably recognize the nuNHLites skate yourself to exhaustion trend, and think that Sarge and Erskine are too slow for full time duty. Getting TK here provides someone that can skate. And who knows, maybe fight.

I still see the disturbing trend of opposition forwards doing whatever they want around the crease and to our goalie. Hell anywhere in our entire zone including pummeling Green.

I hope Kund cleans the crease aggressively and wow's the coaches.

RandyHolt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 12:41 PM
Click Here
You know you want to

malkin against any line we can put on him?

caps lose 3-1.

Click Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 12:43 PM
Vladiator16
R.I.P - Loko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appreci8 View Post
Caps have a 13 game losing streak(0-12-1) when OV doesn't register a point. It'll be at 14 after tonight.

Still don't understand the Kundratek call up tbh.
I hope you are wrong... i spent 320 dollars at face value on tix for tonights game, granted its Sec 200 (thanks Raikkonen), but if they play like crap it doesn't matter where you sit, its still crap.

Edit: i also have 2 more tix i will have to sell i guess there, never tried it before... if anybody interested please PM me, i'll be checking HFB frequently... that hawks fan who was looking for tix for this game is a flake... unless he got hit by a car or something...
Go CAPS!

Last edited by Vladiator16: 01-11-2012 at 12:49 PM.
Vladiator16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 12:44 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
Sarge "wants to play". The most meaningless thing a reporter could put in a tweet. Has a benched player ever told a reporter they don't want to play?

Dale and JJ probably recognize the nuNHLites skate yourself to exhaustion trend, and think that Sarge and Erskine are too slow for full time duty. Getting TK here provides someone that can skate. And who knows, maybe fight.

I still see the disturbing trend of opposition forwards doing whatever they want around the crease and to our goalie. Hell anywhere in our entire zone including pummeling Green.

I hope Kund cleans the crease aggressively and wow's the coaches.
Actually, I think the tweet quoting Kundratek as "liking to play well offensively and defensively" was probably even more meaningless.

"Naw, I don't give a #%$& about playing defense."

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 12:51 PM
RandyHolt
Kuz My Arse Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by brs03 View Post
Actually, I think the tweet quoting Kundratek as "liking to play well offensively and defensively" was probably even more meaningless.

"Naw, I don't give a #%$& about playing defense."

I guess that's hockey. It's a simple sport, we may need to expect simple quotes. My favorite hockey quotes all time were probably Bondra after his hat tricks. they say you have to make a shot to make a goal. So I make a lot of shot, I make of goal. Coach tells me shoot shoot.

RandyHolt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 12:53 PM
bishop12
Ovyously

Yawn....

bishop12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 01:01 PM
txpd

the pens will win tonight, but i am wondering how many losses in a row til bylsma's seat gets warmer?

Old
01-11-2012, 01:05 PM
tycoonheart

Quote:
the pens will win tonight, but i am wondering how many losses in a row til bylsma's seat gets warmer?
Its not like he's got a healthy roster. His job is probably going to be safe.

And why are the pens going to win tonight?

Caps play pretty well at home. They only suck donkey balls on the road.

tycoonheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 01:06 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Caps are a completely different team at home, so I'm optimistic for tonight.

Get back some of those good feelings from the winning streak.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 01:18 PM
txpd

Quote:
And why are the pens going to win tonight?.
pens have lost 5 straight. if i say the caps win and its 6 in a row, for sure the caps lose.

Old
01-11-2012, 01:24 PM
Duke33

Quote:
Its not like he's got a healthy roster. His job is probably going to be safe.

And why are the pens going to win tonight?

Caps play pretty well at home. They only suck donkey balls on the road.
Nonsense. In the past Supercoach has taken his Penguins team, missing Crosby and Malkin and Fleury and about 14 other starters (if you listen to Pens fans or announcers) and he's still done just fine. He has no excuses now. He's obviously lost the room.

That being said, 4-1 Penguins. If the Caps got pistolwhipped by a weak, powerless, reeling LA team, they'll certainly get pushed around by Pittsburgh. Cooke will probably cause three or four career ending injuries and nobody on this team of girl scout cookies will touch him.

But then Laich and Hendricks or someone will talk it up in the press conference afterward, about what they'll do next time or how they'll try harder blah blah.

Duke33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 01:48 PM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molseed View Post
Nonsense. In the past Supercoach has taken his Penguins team, missing Crosby and Malkin and Fleury and about 14 other starters (if you listen to Pens fans or announcers) and he's still done just fine. He has no excuses now. He's obviously lost the room.

That being said, 4-1 Penguins. If the Caps got pistolwhipped by a weak, powerless, reeling LA team, they'll certainly get pushed around by Pittsburgh. Cooke will probably cause three or four career ending injuries and nobody on this team of girl scout cookies will touch him.

But then Laich and Hendricks or someone will talk it up in the press conference afterward, about what they'll do next time or how they'll try harder blah blah.
Reeling?

In the ten prior games LA's record was 6 - 1 - 3. And that loss was by a goal. I hope the Caps start "reeling" real soon.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 01:48 PM
NeilYoung

Quote:
A stupid amount, do you honestly think any coach out there would do any better with what they have right now?

NeilYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 02:10 PM
Duke33

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
Reeling?

In the ten prior games LA's record was 6 - 1 - 3. And that loss was by a goal. I hope the Caps start "reeling" real soon.
In the majority of those games they sat back and let their goalie get bombarded. They scored six goals combined in the eight games prior to the Caps, including scoring one goal or less in four of the five games prior to ours. Six of the games in that 6-1-3 "streak" were shootout/OT. So let's not pretend they were blowing people away and red hot.

And last but not least, their last game before us they got shut out at home by one of the worst teams in NHL history 1-0. But they have no problems routing the Caps.

Damn I'm bitter. I remember when watching these guys was fun and Caps-Pens was a big deal.

Duke33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 02:28 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Don't suck so my tickets sell for more than $150 each please....pathetic. Stiller fans must be in sports hangover mode right now.

Now win F'ers.

6 - Number of playoff series the Capitals have won since George McPhee took over as General Manager in 1997 (which makes him the third-longest-tenured GM in the League), three of which came in McPhee's first season on the job.
CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 02:31 PM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molseed View Post
In the majority of those games they sat back and let their goalie get bombarded. They scored six goals combined in the eight games prior to the Caps, including scoring one goal or less in four of the five games prior to ours. Six of the games in that 6-1-3 "streak" were shootout/OT. So let's not pretend they were blowing people away and red hot.

And last but not least, their last game before us they got shut out at home by one of the worst teams in NHL history 1-0. But they have no problems routing the Caps.

Damn I'm bitter. I remember when watching these guys was fun and Caps-Pens was a big deal.
You do sound bitter. LOL

I understand what you're saying but reeling to me would be 1 - 6 - 3. They at least have some points and confidence under their new coach.

Besides it was Cali. Caps + Cali = Loss

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 02:37 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

We're at home tonight, so I have reasonable expectations that we'll extend Pittsburgh's losing streak. This team is playing well in Verizon for the most part.

FWIW, the team has more Czechs on the roster tonight than Russians.

Don't really understand our line pairings. Shove all three complimentary/puck retriever/net presence guys on the same line. Really? And who's doing the dirty work on the 8-90-28 line?

Mystlyfe is online now   Reply With Quote