Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Andy Sutton ??

Closed Thread

Old
10-09-2004, 06:45 AM
aforc3

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to aforc3 Send a message via AIM to aforc3 Send a message via MSN to aforc3 Send a message via Yahoo to aforc3 Send a message via Skype™ to aforc3
Andy Sutton ??

Hi Guys i have some Questions for you!!

Okay Andy Sutton play's for the moment for the Zsc-Lions in the Swiss Elite Hockey League...now my question is is Andy a fighter or not because yesterday he was out of his mind he had 16 min of penalties !!!

i'm just wondering because today they are playing vs sc Bern how's the hardest team in Switzerland.... i hope that Andy can Knockout Yves Sarault because he's the Badest Player in Switzerland he has never lost a fight !!!

Old
10-09-2004, 12:35 PM
handtrick

well, since the Thrasher faithful haven't weighed in yet, I'll give my two cents.

I saw 3 games last year in Phillips Arena. I was totally UNDERIMPRESSED with Sutton and his ability to use his size effectively. He only had 94 PIM last year and was not known to drop the gloves very often. We [nashville] were looking at him at the trade deadline [and I was watching him a little closer then] and we passed [thank God].

Now, that being said, Thrasher fans may feel totally different......

So, to answer your question, I don't think Sarault has anything to worry about tonite.

Old
10-09-2004, 02:09 PM
Kaiped Krusader

Andy is huge, but not really a fighter. He'll drop 'em when necessary, but Atlanta's had a fair amount of toughness (Odgers, Lessard, Exelby, Brennan) during his time here so it's rarely been really necessary for him to.

His physical play apart from fighting can be inconsistent. Some nights he won't use his size at all, other nights he'll be a monster. On those nights, he's a terrific defenseman that could play for any team in the league.

His greatest strength is his play with the puck, really. People look at him and expect a monster defenseman, but he's actually more of a skill guy than a stay-at-home type. For a guy his size, he skates and handles the puck really well. It took him a little while to get into a groove here and he could stand to be more consistent, but all in all, he's one of Atlanta's best defensemen.

Nashville could do worse than adding him to their lineup.

As an aside, Yves Sarault used to play for us, but I think that was before we acquired Sutton. I could be wrong.

Old
10-09-2004, 02:13 PM
aforc3

Send a message via ICQ to aforc3 Send a message via AIM to aforc3 Send a message via MSN to aforc3 Send a message via Yahoo to aforc3 Send a message via Skype™ to aforc3
well Brennan played for Atlanta ? Rich Brennan wow cool he plays now in Switzerland in Bern !!

Yves Saurault yes he played i think in Atlanta !! like dominichelli right ?? or randy Robitallie they are both playing in Switzerland

But i like Sutton he scored today vs Bern !! nice slapshot

Old
10-09-2004, 04:32 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick
I was totally UNDERIMPRESSED with Sutton and his ability to use his size effectively. He only had 94 PIM last year and was not known to drop the gloves very often.
Ability to use one's size and PIM are not related, at least not nearly as much as some mistakenly believe. Check out Scott Steven's PIMs the last several years. Check out Clark Gillies annual PIMs and he was the most feared fighter and one of the heaviest hitters of his day.

The idea is to use one's body effectively, not to garner PIMs. And the best enforcers in the game are often the ones who rarely need to drop their gloves. Which is why it is laughable when some criticize George Laraque for "only" having 99 PIM a season ago. No one wants to fight him that's why! Which translates into him doing a great job protecting and opening up space on the ice for his teammates. Same concept, in part, applies to Sutton.

You need not put guys through the boards nor drop the gloves to be physically effective. Sutton is a much superior player than he was just 2-3 years ago. Maybe not "ESPN highlight" effective , but "hockey production" effective.

Old
10-09-2004, 06:47 PM
aforc3

yeah Andy Sutton scored 1 Goal and 1 Assists

and they won vs Bern 5:0 !!! COOL!!!

-----The_Rock aka Andy Sutton ---- thats the name for him in Switzerland the Rock

but now Andy Sutton has to leave the team to the Farm Team because Randy Robitallie is back .......... but dont think that the Coach from The ZSC-Lions will send Andy Back to the farm Team because Andy is the player that the team needs... a fighter for the team and the Fans .....

The International Players for the ZSC are Tony Virta(FIN) Robert Petrovicky (SLOV) and Ari Sulander(Fin) and Randy Robitallie(CAN) and Andy Sutton... but only 4 can play

Old
10-09-2004, 07:06 PM
dunwoody_joe

There are nights when Sutton looks like a legit #1 defenseman. Big, physical, positionally sound, crisp outlet passes and offensively productive.

Other nights, he's pretty bad. Not physical, poor passes and defensively lost.

You never really know which Sutton you'll get. He does have the ability to be a star--just not consistently.

Old
10-09-2004, 07:25 PM
handtrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier
Ability to use one's size and PIM are not related, at least not nearly as much as some mistakenly believe. Check out Scott Steven's PIMs the last several years. Check out Clark Gillies annual PIMs and he was the most feared fighter and one of the heaviest hitters of his day.

The idea is to use one's body effectively, not to garner PIMs. And the best enforcers in the game are often the ones who rarely need to drop their gloves. Which is why it is laughable when some criticize George Laraque for "only" having 99 PIM a season ago. No one wants to fight him that's why! Which translates into him doing a great job protecting and opening up space on the ice for his teammates. Same concept, in part, applies to Sutton.

You need not put guys through the boards nor drop the gloves to be physically effective. Sutton is a much superior player than he was just 2-3 years ago. Maybe not "ESPN highlight" effective , but "hockey production" effective.

I didn't mean to imply that the two [ability to use one's size and PIM] are necessarily related....the two statements should have been in separate paragraphs. It was answering the question whether Sarault had to worry about getting his arze beat by Sutton that night after a night of 16 PIM from Sutton.

As to the question of using ones body effectively.....Garnett Exelby was much more postionally sound than Sutton in the games I saw.....given the two, I would take Exelby any day.

Old
10-09-2004, 08:09 PM
aforc3

no prob..

Old
10-10-2004, 02:31 AM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
I didn't mean to imply that the two [ability to use one's size and PIM] are necessarily related....the two statements should have been in separate paragraphs. It was answering the question whether Sarault had to worry about getting his arze beat by Sutton that night after a night of 16 PIM from Sutton.

As to the question of using ones body effectively.....Garnett Exelby was much more postionally sound than Sutton in the games I saw.....given the two, I would take Exelby any day.
Fair enough and no harm intended here. Pet peeve of mine when PIMs are used as the measure of one's toughness, for it can be misleading.

One example: You may recall Dave Manson, dman through the late 80s and 90s, predominently with the Black Hawks. Came into the league with a huge rep as a mean SOB, and he was an excellent and willing fighter. But he was also a 1st round draft pick, based on his size and presumed defensive skill. While he certainly had a respectable career, his well-earned reputation around the league over time was that his high PIMs each year were more an indication of his lousy defensive positioning and slow lateral mobility than his ability to hit and fight.

Old
10-11-2004, 09:39 AM
aforc3

stats of Andy:
-------------------------------------------

Games | Penalties | Goals | Assists | Points
6 26min 3 2 5

-------------------------------------------

he can stay in the Team !! yes the fans love him ......

Old
10-11-2004, 02:45 PM
Jukka Ropponen

Andy played really great for us on Saturday against Bern, a totally different kind of effort than Friday at Zug.

Jukka

Old
10-12-2004, 10:05 AM
Thrashd00d

Quote:
well, since the Thrasher faithful haven't weighed in yet, I'll give my two cents.

I saw 3 games last year in Phillips Arena. I was totally UNDERIMPRESSED with Sutton and his ability to use his size effectively. He only had 94 PIM last year and was not known to drop the gloves very often. We [nashville] were looking at him at the trade deadline [and I was watching him a little closer then] and we passed [thank God].

Now, that being said, Thrasher fans may feel totally different......

So, to answer your question, I don't think Sarault has anything to worry about tonite.

You passed huh? What a joke....he wasn't up for a trade.

Old
10-12-2004, 10:18 AM
handtrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashd00d
You passed huh? What a joke....he wasn't up for a trade.
you don't think so...his name was spoke of frequently as a possible addition at the deadline for us...the thrashers were in Nashville watching our games, our scouts were in Phillips watching yours...rumors are only rumors, but they were sure thick at the time from people with inside connections....

Old
10-12-2004, 11:12 AM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Yeah, Nashville couldn't use a big tough defenseman.

Old
10-12-2004, 11:35 AM
handtrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by btn
Yeah, Nashville couldn't use a big tough defenseman.

Like I said, I would take Garnett Exelby over Andy Sutton any day of the week.

Old
10-17-2004, 07:17 PM
Hunter74

Quote:
Like I said, I would take Garnett Exelby over Andy Sutton any day of the week.
Who wouldn't? Exelby is alot younger than Sutton is and is the same type fo defenseman except without the size. Suttons gonna be a UFA in 2 years so obviously you woudl take Exelby.

Old
10-18-2004, 02:39 PM
aforc3

nice pic of Sutton vs OLEG PETROV (EX) Montreal

http://www2.bluewin.ch/bildergalerie...row%20_zug.jpg

Old
10-18-2004, 03:26 PM
Kaiped Krusader

Petrov is the poor b@stard that Darcy Hordichuk lit up his first-ever NHL shift.

Old
10-20-2004, 11:33 AM
aforc3

http://www.sportal.ch/s2d/bildergale...14976C6444.jpg

nice pic Sutton vs. Floridas Samuelsson !

Closed Thread