HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

XLII | "Of Nuge Importance" | Oilers vs. Devils | 1.11.12 | Rexall | TSN

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-11-2012, 04:57 PM
  #51
SometimesY
Registered User
 
SometimesY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,135
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Head Crusher View Post
Well my computer is still busted but I was able to track down my back up files, and there is no better time to return like tonight so Nuge this is for you. ADAM HENRIQUE I AM CRUSHING YUR HEAD!!!!! NO POINTS FOR YOU!

Thanks Soli for the GDT
and Head crusher it's good to see you back at this!

SometimesY is offline  
Old
01-11-2012, 04:59 PM
  #52
dnicks17
Moderator
.
 
dnicks17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,180
vCash: 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by CornKicker View Post
do the devils have any rookies that havent scored this year? or dmen that havent scored in 3 seasons cause the oilers are the slumpbusters imo
It'll be Sykora.

Former Oiler + 6 game goalless streak = guaranteed goal tonight.


Or maybe Foster.

He hasn't scored in 20ish games.

dnicks17 is offline  
Old
01-11-2012, 05:02 PM
  #53
CornKicker
Still burning Lowood
 
CornKicker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,393
vCash: 694
maybe kovalchuk will pull someones hair like he did to comrie

CornKicker is offline  
Old
01-11-2012, 05:10 PM
  #54
stratedge
Rebuild, year 4...
 
stratedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,558
vCash: 785
loss.

stratedge is offline  
Old
01-11-2012, 05:16 PM
  #55
harpoon
FOB
 
harpoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,854
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CornKicker View Post
do the devils have any rookies that havent scored this year? or dmen that havent scored in 3 seasons cause the oilers are the slumpbusters imo
Probably . Personally I'm looking forward to the Vezina performance out of Hedberg after letting in three goals on eight shots vs the flamers last night .

harpoon is offline  
Old
01-11-2012, 05:30 PM
  #56
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,071
vCash: 500
Heh, it's apropos that Henrique is poised to catch and possibly pass Nugent-Hopkins in this game. Proof that the hockey gods hate us.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline  
Old
01-11-2012, 05:31 PM
  #57
SeriousBusiness
T.Hall da man
 
SeriousBusiness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,603
vCash: 500
5-2 Devils is my guess.

SeriousBusiness is offline  
Old
01-11-2012, 05:48 PM
  #58
thadd
Oil4Life
 
thadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: China
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,242
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
I'm so angry that PRV is still playing 3rd line minutes with BELANGER!!!! I want to shoot someone! Why must his future suffer like this?!?!?!

I hope Edmonton loses 3423423423423-2(PRV and Hall 1 goal each) and Renney gets fired for this.

You heard it. I'm joining the fire Renney club.

thadd is offline  
Old
01-11-2012, 05:56 PM
  #59
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
I'm so angry that PRV is still playing 3rd line minutes with BELANGER!!!! I want to shoot someone! Why must his future suffer like this?!?!?!

I hope Edmonton loses 3423423423423-2(PRV and Hall 1 goal each) and Renney gets fired for this.

You heard it. I'm joining the fire Renney club.


1 goal between them in 65-66 combined games. Gotta love Renney.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline  
Old
01-11-2012, 05:56 PM
  #60
nabob
Nuuuuuuuuuuge!!
 
nabob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: HF boards
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,348
vCash: 500
I hope for Paajarvi to have success as much as most posters here, but honestly do people expect him to play ahead of Smyth and Hall. Of any player on the roster Jones deserves the treat of a few extra minutes on the 2nd line. Hemsky has to be showcased so he stays on the top line.

nabob is offline  
Old
01-11-2012, 06:02 PM
  #61
Qrispy
Registered User
 
Qrispy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,403
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabob View Post
I hope for Paajarvi to have success as much as most posters here, but honestly do people expect him to play ahead of Smyth and Hall. Of any player on the roster Jones deserves the treat of a few extra minutes on the 2nd line. Hemsky has to be showcased so he stays on the top line.
Hall--No. But Smyth? Really? Smyth is the slowest guy on our team and he isn't getting any younger. I didn't know this rebuild was to develop old guys!

Qrispy is offline  
Old
01-11-2012, 06:05 PM
  #62
Tyrolean
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: Austria
Posts: 6,823
vCash: 500
Oilers finding interesting ways to lose.

Tyrolean is offline  
Old
01-11-2012, 06:08 PM
  #63
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrolean View Post
Oilers finding interesting ways to lose.
I dunno about that. They seem to lose the same way every other night.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline  
Old
01-11-2012, 06:10 PM
  #64
nabob
Nuuuuuuuuuuge!!
 
nabob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: HF boards
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,348
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boco View Post
Hall--No. But Smyth? Really? Smyth is the slowest guy on our team and he isn't getting any younger. I didn't know this rebuild was to develop old guys!
http://oilers.nhl.com/club/stats.htm

Yes really. Smyth's numbers would be a lot better if he would have been on the 1st PP unit with Nuge, Hall, Eberle, Hopkins all year instead of the 2nd unit with Belanger, Gagner, and plugs.

nabob is offline  
Old
01-11-2012, 06:13 PM
  #65
nabob
Nuuuuuuuuuuge!!
 
nabob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: HF boards
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,348
vCash: 500
Vcash all in on the Oilers.

#trueoilersfan


Last edited by nabob: 01-11-2012 at 06:24 PM.
nabob is offline  
Old
01-11-2012, 06:17 PM
  #66
Qrispy
Registered User
 
Qrispy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,403
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabob View Post
http://oilers.nhl.com/club/stats.htm

Yes really. Smyth's numbers would be a lot better if he would have been on the 1st PP unit with Nuge, Hall, Eberle, Hopkins all year instead of the 2nd unit with Belanger, Gagner, and plugs.
All he does is stand in front of the opposition's net and tip/bang in pucks. He started off strong but he has cooled down considerably and since this season is going into the toilet, I think the other kids should get some prime-time.

Qrispy is offline  
Old
01-11-2012, 06:21 PM
  #67
awesomo
HARD!
 
awesomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: location, location
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,660
vCash: 500
Welcome all to the fire Renney wagon! Sit back and enjoy the ride

awesomo is offline  
Old
01-11-2012, 06:23 PM
  #68
nabob
Nuuuuuuuuuuge!!
 
nabob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: HF boards
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,348
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boco View Post
All he does is stand in front of the opposition's net and tip/bang in pucks. He started off strong but he has cooled down considerably and since this season is going into the toilet, I think the other kids should get some prime-time.
Maybe Maggie should take some notes then.

And to say that is ALL that he does is BS. Smyth wins puck battles along the boards like no other player on this team, he is very good in his own zone, and he leads by example. These kids need someone to look up to and he is the best vet on the team for that.

nabob is offline  
Old
01-11-2012, 06:36 PM
  #69
Gobo
What's Your Issue?
 
Gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Wild Rose Country
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,261
vCash: 500
That defense almost made me shed a tear.

Gobo is offline  
Old
01-11-2012, 06:43 PM
  #70
Eytinge
Registered User
 
Eytinge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 10,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabob View Post
Vcash all in on the Oilers.

#trueoilersfan
Why did you take off the Gagner avatar? He had 18 points in his last 20 games or something while you were rocking it.

Maybe it's time for a Paajarvi avatar?

Eytinge is offline  
Old
01-11-2012, 06:53 PM
  #71
czar99
Registered User
 
czar99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Shultz'z Place
Posts: 4,063
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabob View Post
Vcash all in on the Oilers.

#trueoilersfan
All 50?

czar99 is offline  
Old
01-11-2012, 07:31 PM
  #72
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(
 
Mr Forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: COLLEGE
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,094
vCash: 500
Paajarvi still on the 3rd line?


Renney can suck a ****, what a pathetic coach.

Mr Forever is offline  
Old
01-11-2012, 07:36 PM
  #73
harpoon
FOB
 
harpoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,854
vCash: 500
MPS on the third line ?
Boo hoo .... I'm crying a river right now for the poor kid .

Here's an idea , score some freaking goals if you want a better linemate than Belanger (who btw until this year has been a lock for 15-20 goals). I'd say Belanger is probably the one with the right to complain about all the crappy linemates he's been getting .

On the scale of problems facing this team MPS on the third line isn't even worth a mention .

harpoon is offline  
Old
01-11-2012, 07:37 PM
  #74
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers
 
GreatKeith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 15,643
vCash: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpoon View Post
MPS on the third line ?
Boo hoo .... I'm crying a river right now for the poor kid .

Here's an idea , score some freaking goals if you want a better linemate than Belanger (who btw until this year has been a lock for 15-20 goals). I'd say Belanger is probably the one with the right to complain about all the crappy linemates he's been getting .
While I wouldn't put it that harshly, I tend to agree.

Your linemates don't prevent you from getting your lazy butt to the net.

GreatKeith is offline  
Old
01-11-2012, 07:39 PM
  #75
Rin
Registered User
 
Rin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern Alberta
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 12,549
vCash: 500
Win for Scully!

Rin is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:11 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.