HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Craig Rivet

Closed Thread

Old
10-11-2004, 01:00 PM
EaGLE1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritone
Everytime the name Craig Rivet pops up in a thread I prepare myself mentally for all the Rivet bashing. I think it's totally ridiculous . I'm sure the majority of Habs fans appreciate his on ice performance and yes he can go into slumps every now and then but overall he is a good d-man. Overpaid? Who isn't these days ? I hate when people dislike a player based on his salary...just like anyone else, if you were offered 1 million more that what you thought you were worth would you turn it down ?
Rivet is solid , dependable and a warriror when it counts. He's a solid part of the chemistry and you can see that he's a leader when you watch HABS games...he's one of the guys who makes sure to tap everybody on the head and congratulate
I don't dislike him because of his salary...It's because his erratic play always cost goals at a bad time (like in 3rd period). You analyse the play, and what you see? Rivet is out of position, AGAIN!

I prefer Patrice Brisebois.

Old
10-11-2004, 01:18 PM
eddy

I think Rivet is overpaid for what he brings to the table but a valuble player if utilized correctly. I don't believe Rivet can be effective in a Top 4 defence role, he may get paid the salary of a defencemen playing that role but it is best to keep him away from that. Rivet is great for the #5 Defencmen role or 3rd pairing and just keeping it simple. If he trys to do to much which usually happens if getting an increased role it's not good, but when he just keeps the defencive game simple, he's effective plus he has great leadership and team player qualities if he can just stick to that and play more physical on a consistent basis, and he can be quite tenacious when he wants to, he will be excellent to have around for another 4 or 5 years as a 3rd pairing defencemen.

Old
10-11-2004, 02:42 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey
It'll be awhile until any trades are made. It'll also be awhile until games are played.
Thanks for being the ten millionth person to try to ruin a good conversation by saying "bleh, but he won't be overpaid THIS year!!11". We know, we don't care. Go away.

Old
10-11-2004, 04:49 PM
Jacques Plante

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritone
Everytime the name Craig Rivet pops up in a thread I prepare myself mentally for all the Rivet bashing. I think it's totally ridiculous . I'm sure the majority of Habs fans appreciate his on ice performance and yes he can go into slumps every now and then but overall he is a good d-man. Overpaid? Who isn't these days ? I hate when people dislike a player based on his salary...just like anyone else, if you were offered 1 million more that what you thought you were worth would you turn it down ?
Rivet is solid , dependable and a warriror when it counts. He's a solid part of the chemistry and you can see that he's a leader when you watch HABS games...he's one of the guys who makes sure to tap everybody on the head and congratulate
I couldn't have said it any better myself. Rivet is a key guy on this team and if he were traded, it better be for something damn good that we really need. Rivet is the kind of guy that teams win cups with. I don't mean he's going to be a Nick Lidstrom type guy but a guy who can give a Nick Lidstrom a break and play a solid game and not be a liability out there. He has heart, solid grit, provides leadership and plays hurt.

Closed Thread