HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft Talk 2.0

View Poll Results: Which would you draft this upcoming summer?
Mikhail Grigorenko 53 42.40%
Nail Yakupov 54 43.20%
Other 18 14.40%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2012, 09:14 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
What the hell is Beauvillier doing at the Top Prospects game? No way that guy is among the top 40 CHL prospects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
I like both guys but i wont waste a draft pick on any of those two. more as camp invitee or sign them as FA
Both had break out years, I think they will get drafted, they are both above 1 PPGM, have size and can play a physical game. Fournier scored 4 goals tonight plus 2 assists.

Old
02-01-2012, 09:21 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
Good job. I would recommend not using hockeydb for height and weight... They are always far behind. Use the CHL network for CHL players and eliteprospects.com for Euros. Just my 2 cents.
Yes..I might have mixed some info with hockeydb and eliteprospect, but on my mock drafts, you can click on the player's name and it will direct you instantly to Eliteprospect.com with the player profile. Alex Galchenyuk even read on his article on Hockey Lobby and he tweeted me that he's not 185 lbs anymore lolll. He seems to be really open and easy to reach. Great personality(from all his interviews and videos by Alyonka Larionov at the Biosteel camp)

Old
02-02-2012, 02:37 AM
FiveForDrawingBlood

CHL TPG last night Reinhart impressed me most. Big, mobile, hockey smarts with a good shot. Lukas Sutter better than I thought. Feisty, usually in center of action, can score enough to chip in 2o-25 goals someday. Gaunce could be best center in draft. Grigrenko my first impression is a soft player.

Last edited by FiveForDrawingBlood: 02-02-2012 at 03:56 PM.
Old
02-02-2012, 05:36 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Needless to say Q guys Fournier and Bussières played really well yesterday. Wilson is really intriguing. Same with Sutter. Though for them, it's all about upside. I have a whole lot of games I've recorded and expect to go and visit some cities soon for Q and other leagues, so I'll slowly but surely will start my reports in that thread in no time. Favorite moment of the year! I won't concentrate too much on yesterday's game 'cause there's too many variables so I don't think anybody loss any points though I was not that high on Athanasiou already and yesterday, he finally made my ND list. Will see if that will change. It's all about being noticed out there but for the good reasons and avoiding checks like he did almost all night, that isn't good. Will come later with that analysis this week.

Last edited by Whitesnake: 02-02-2012 at 05:42 AM.
Old
02-02-2012, 07:06 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Needless to say Q guys Fournier and Bussières played really well yesterday. Wilson is really intriguing. Same with Sutter. Though for them, it's all about upside. I have a whole lot of games I've recorded and expect to go and visit some cities soon for Q and other leagues, so I'll slowly but surely will start my reports in that thread in no time. Favorite moment of the year! I won't concentrate too much on yesterday's game 'cause there's too many variables so I don't think anybody loss any points though I was not that high on Athanasiou already and yesterday, he finally made my ND list. Will see if that will change. It's all about being noticed out there but for the good reasons and avoiding checks like he did almost all night, that isn't good. Will come later with that analysis this week.
I like Fournier's upside, will be a solid 2nd or early 3rd rounder.

Bussieres has not really put up a big year in the Q. I like his overall game but he went from over 1 PPGM to below 1 PPGM in the last month. I would let him slide until round 3 or 4 unless he really catches fire.

Old
02-02-2012, 10:03 AM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I like Fournier's upside, will be a solid 2nd or early 3rd rounder.

Bussieres has not really put up a big year in the Q. I like his overall game but he went from over 1 PPGM to below 1 PPGM in the last month. I would let him slide until round 3 or 4 unless he really catches fire.
Bussieres did well in last night game. I am also impressed with Trook who scored the winning goal. He missed one year because of a pinched nerve that cause concusuion symtom. But he looks to have decent size and he skates fast.

Old
02-02-2012, 12:53 PM
Roulin

Quote:
He is a one dimensional finisher type. Pretty good junior player, not a huge NHL prospect but worth a look.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
Bang on, you just don't see him out there and boom he get a scoring chance and its in. has nhl shot but he's inconsistency and not real intense. 30+ goal scorer but has been playing on shawinigan 3rd line recently. Doubt he get pick this year
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveForDrawingBlood View Post
Gaunce could be best center in draft.
How did his skating look?

Old
02-02-2012, 06:07 PM
FiveForDrawingBlood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Thanks!

How did his skating look?
I only seen Gaunce play this 1 game. Couldn't focus on him like I wish as trying to judge others. But I seen no problem with his skating

Old
02-02-2012, 06:13 PM
Tribu

If we somehow manage to draft Grigorenko, do you guys think that he's NHL ready? Would you play him next year if you were Gauthier?

Old
02-02-2012, 06:17 PM
FiveForDrawingBlood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parasoad View Post
If we somehow manage to draft Grigorenko, do you guys think that he's NHL ready? Would you play him next year if you were Gauthier?
He should make the big team but don't expect too much. Stamkos had 46 points his first year.

Old
02-02-2012, 07:11 PM
Rogalo

Quote:
JVR wasn't the prospect Malkin was, neither was Kane. That draft wasn't anything close to the year Ovechkin and Malkin went 1 and 2.

Just because somebody goes or is slated to go 1 or 2 doesn't make him a potential franchise player. Some years the draft is weak and you get a Phillips, Redden or whoever and other years there are Crosbys Malkins and Ovechkins.
Stefan...cough:-)

Old
02-02-2012, 09:41 PM
OneSharpMarble

It would be nice to hear who Timmins is high on or who he scouts a lot. We desperatly need a top OFFENSIVE player this year Timmons, no more dmen!

After tonights game Yakupov or Forsberg are so close!

Old
02-02-2012, 09:42 PM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
It would be nice to hear who Timmins is high on or who he scouts a lot. We desperatly need a top OFFENSIVE player this year Timmons, no more dmen!

After tonights game Yakupov or Forsberg are so close!
Grigorenko for the Win !

Old
02-02-2012, 09:44 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

http://watch.tsn.ca/clip612561#clip612561

Bob Mac on the top end of the draft.

Old
02-02-2012, 09:49 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Lacroix View Post
Grigorenko for the Win !
No chance, Columbus will take him and trade Carter when Grigs is ready for the top line.

Old
02-02-2012, 09:52 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
No chance, Columbus will take him and trade Carter when Grigs is ready for the top line.
Forsberg should be available. I am not that impressed with Grigorenko last night. May be he was still injured.

Old
02-02-2012, 09:55 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
Forsberg should be available. I am not that impressed with Grigorenko last night. May be he was still injured.
He was and Roy was fined for saying Courteau is a ****** for making him go.

Old
02-02-2012, 10:06 PM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Quote:
From what I saw he played fine. He has good vision with the puck. He will be more of a passer though.

Old
02-02-2012, 10:07 PM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Quote:
Forsberg would be nice, but he isn't top superstar talent that Montreal needs. He will be a solid 2 way player and a leader (Maybe even a captain) but we need an elite forward.

Old
02-02-2012, 11:06 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Lacroix View Post
Forsberg would be nice, but he isn't top superstar talent that Montreal needs. He will be a solid 2 way player and a leader (Maybe even a captain) but we need an elite forward.
The only forward who you could basically guarantee is an elite offensive talent in this draft is Yakupov. Grigorenko or Galchenyuk maybe but the former doesn't really strike me as a big goal scorer and both aren't locks.

I don't see how Forsberg is any different. He's the complete package, consensus is he has the most offensive weapons of any Swedish forward since Backstrom.

Old
02-03-2012, 12:07 AM
NewHabsEra*

Edmonton won 8-4 against Chicago tonight!! We are only 2 pts away from drafting 2nd overall!!!

Old
02-03-2012, 12:23 AM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Some though from the prospect game

-Dillon Fournier: played a real solid game, nothing fancy but made good reads. got a goal. he's going to be a solid 2nd rounder in June. even some scouts think he could get pick late in the first round. If he keep his ppg pace he's been in his last 20gm i could see this happen.

-Branden Troock: You want the troock you can't handle the troock. Big kid who skate pretty well. score a real nice goal late in the game. Great story. hidden gem in the draft ?

-Derrick Pouliott: Best player on the ice, smooth skater always make smart decision with the puck. great passer. love him

-Tom Wilson: i nickname him the "physical assassin" love his physicallity. will get overated now, he's not a first rounder IMO because i dont see top 6 upside but in the 2nd round i would take him. great 3rd liner

Raphael Bussiere: Not a huge fan of his but played a decent game. he's got a nice package of skill & size but doesnt use it enough. Actually surprised me with his fight vs Dumba. If he played with more heart every game he be a first rounder imo. Only 1 assist in 10gm in January. major slump right now

-Grigorenko, Murray, Dumba : All had ok game, they had nothing to gain or loose from that game. nice hit by Dumba on Faksa. Im little bit worried about Murray offensive upside i will admit. Grigo made his usual great pass in the o-zone. clearly not 100%

-Faksa/Gaunce: Both a ok game i guess, nothing major. I like Gaunce game better and he's more nhl ready than Faksa.

Old
02-03-2012, 01:42 AM
poetryinmotion

I am almost 100% sure Grigs will go as the no. 1 overall.

Old
02-03-2012, 04:39 AM
FiveForDrawingBlood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
http://watch.tsn.ca/clip612561#clip612561

Bob Mac on the top end of the draft.
Any chance if things are tough in Montreal one of these 3 does a Perezhogin on us and bolts back to Russia?

Old
02-03-2012, 06:26 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Edmonton won 8-4 against Chicago tonight!! We are only 2 pts away from drafting 2nd overall!!!
There is something called a draft lottery.

Closed Thread