HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Mike Cammalleri: "We play like losers" Update- Misquoted?

Old
01-11-2012, 06:38 PM
MathMan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
It doesn't matter where the shots come from, only that they come, remember, your rules, not mine, if the volume is there, it will turn around, hahaha.
Well, that's the point. If the PP scheme makes it so that he doesn't get volume of shots on the PP, he's liable to keep not scoring there.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 06:39 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb View Post
That's an amazing coincidence.

Last edited by Fel 96: 01-11-2012 at 06:46 PM.
Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 06:40 PM
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
RC is just another ex-senator loser like Jacques and Pierre. He's shown me nothing exceptional so far except being the wrong guy in the wrong situation.

The first sign he is an idiot was when he got hired he said (paraphrased) nothing would change and things would be more or less the same as under Martin.

I chalked it up to a guy who had not had much time to prepare but nothing since has given me any reason to believe the guy is smart.
Ok then you obviously can't read between the lines of anything.
RC was Jacques assistant coach the day earlier, the assistant coach that Jacques didn't ask for - mind you.
Jacques, the man with the 8th most games coached in NHL HISTORY, gets fired.
RC has to give a press conference: does he A) Absolve the players of blame and insult his former boss or B) Say the usual, respectful thing and make sure the players stay accountable?

Hurr Durr Cunneyworth is a senator loser ****** idiot durr.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 06:41 PM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habscup View Post
Honestly who would you guys keep? Subban or Cammaleri?
Is this a joke?

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 06:43 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blame it on PK View Post
Yeah Cammy, maybe you should take a few tips from #72 on our team on how to play hockey instead of leading the charge for "loserness" on this team.

Good riddance.
A guy like Cole can look good in many different situations and has more options. He was definitely a good signing for a team in a good spot to compete for the cup (which we aren't).

Cammy is a one dimensional sharpshooter. Do you expect him to go stand in front of the net ? To make big body checks ? To fight ? To cut to the net with authority protecting the puck with his body ? To make big plays along the board while protecting the puck ? He can't do any of that ****. Habs management should have known that when they signed him.

The only thing he can do is score goals. The only way he can do that is be given tons of opportunities to do so. That means having a system and linemates tailored around him.

And that is part of Bob's 09 summer of madness. Hiring an ultra conservative coach who discourages creativity while signing tons of small creative forwards.

E = CH² is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 06:44 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Someone mentionned Ovechkin. If he was playing for Montreal, we'd want him traded as well since he underperformed. Sad isn't it? This is Montreal.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 06:46 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Ok then you obviously can't read between the lines of anything.
RC was Jacques assistant coach the day earlier, the assistant coach that Jacques didn't ask for - mind you.
Jacques, the man with the 8th most games coached in NHL HISTORY, gets fired.
RC has to give a press conference: does he A) Absolve the players of blame and insult his former boss or B) Say the usual, respectful thing and make sure the players stay accountable?

Hurr Durr Cunneyworth is a senator loser ****** idiot durr.
You seem to think Cunneyworth had to say that. He could simply have said he had things he wanted to work on and change. He didn't have to go the extra mile and say he wanted to do the same thing as before.

He also happens to be an ex-senator player part of a losing org, and doesn't seem to have shed his losing ways.

He was also the PP's architect, the guy responsible for the man advantage. That was his job under Martin, and that's his job now, and the PP is 30th in the league and one of the main reason why we suck so much.

And since he has been promoted the team has played worse than before which, with this lineup, I didn't think was possible.

But yeah hurr durr I'm an idiot for not liking Cunneyworth.

Old
01-11-2012, 06:47 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poulet Kostopoulos View Post
Someone mentionned Ovechkin. If he was playing for Montreal, we'd want him traded as well since he underperformed. Sad isn't it? This is Montreal.
Very true...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 06:51 PM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
You seem to think Cunneyworth had to say that. He could simply have said he had things he wanted to work on and change. He didn't have to go the extra mile and say he wanted to do the same thing as before.

He also happens to be an ex-senator player part of a losing org, and doesn't seem to have shed his losing ways.

He was also the PP's architect, the guy responsible for the man advantage. That was his job under Martin, and that's his job now, and the PP is 30th in the league and one of the main reason why we suck so much.

And since he has been promoted the team has played worse than before which, with this lineup, I didn't think was possible.

But yeah hurr durr I'm an idiot for not liking Cunneyworth.
No offense, but judging a guy after 10games, especially after 10 games in the situation he was thrown into is very idiotic. If you don't want to be treated like an idiot, there's a simple solution, don't act like one.

Old
01-11-2012, 06:52 PM
Belso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Well some do get it. I keep asking for a change of philosophy for how many years now? Brad Marchand would play like Bambi if he played with us.

The most incredible thing for me is that that philosophy clearly didn't improve with Gainey on board. A Gainey who saw the kind of mix you needed to win. A Gainey who was actually HIMSELF a great mix of all kinds of players. A Gainey who actually PLAYED in teams with the greatest of mix possible.

But I tell you what the problem is. It's called surfing on your success and having low expectations. For years now, we keep aiming for "making the playoffs". And you keep hearing the organization saying that we didn't need to get bigger and tougher, 'cause at one point, we kept beating the Bruins who at that time were already bigger and tougher. Yet, they didn,t take 2 things into consideration. First, Bruins IMPROVED their skill level. Which OF COURSE is needed whenever you have a gritty and bigger team. You still need talent. And then, the Habs just forgot that it's all about confidence. Bruins had this loser mentality against us. But then things change, and they don't anymore. Yet, we STILL have the same mentality of puck possession supposed speed and we will win thanks to our goalie and PP. Our mentality didn't change and didn't adapt. By the way, for people who keeps bringing SPEED as our main asset and what differentiate our team from the others....sorry, but like the Habs, you also have to wake up. People should just watch hockey. There are plenty of fast teams out there and even faster than our team.

But then, how can we change mentality with that management? You just can't. Time to change. Yet, people, even wit new management, can't expect a change in one second. Kaberle, Gomez and Co, shouldn't be movable. And you can't bury everybody in the minors. But they will have to make moves to make their point understood.

When Julien was hired in Boston he said one thing. We need to be tougher to play against, we need to play the style that Boston is all about. And so they did, with the result we know. Time for our management to REALLY make some statements. And now stupid "we'll work harder" empty phrases....
That is what burns me about the organizations. How can we fans who are "armchair GM's" see that trading for Gomez, Kaberle, ect is counter productive or that Martin's coaching is awkward and right down ineffective yet after some time Gomez still blows, Kaberle hasn't done much to improve anything and they finally fired Martin after half the city criticized his coaching for months. Why are they bent on ignoring the results and trying to built a team around concepts that never seem to work over and over again? The Habs have had a similar team and mentality for the last decade yet they continue to use the same formula to win with very little change.

Boston had some pretty rough years when Julien was hired. I don't like the way they play anymore really. They have very little respect for other players health and I'll still stand behind my argument that the NHL "helped" Boston win a cup. But I will agree that they went out and went to get bigger more talented players which shows that they made proper changes to get a competitive team on the ice.

As a Habs fan, it's frustrating.

Belso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 06:53 PM
SouthernHab

December 16, 2010, David Krejci vs Michael Cammalleri.

Since that fight, Cammy has not played up to his potential.....at all.

I think this statement that he made is his way of saying that the Canadiens are a very soft team and he is ready to get the hell out of here.

SouthernHab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 06:57 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

I don't see what is wrong with what cammy said as long as he includes himself in the loser comment. To suggest that he wants out of the organization based on these comments is very premature. I only sense massive frustration and he should be frustrated.

Hackett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 07:01 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
No offense, but judging a guy after 10games, especially after 10 games in the situation he was thrown into is very idiotic. If you don't want to be treated like an idiot, there's a simple solution, don't act like one.
Maybe our coach shouldn't play Blunden on line #1 with Plekanec and Cammy if he doesn't want to be seen as an idiot. Maybe it's you who's a bit slow to judge, ever thought of that ?

I remember a certain coach being lambasted for playing Laraque on line #1.

I guess the situation is very different now though... or is it...

Old
01-11-2012, 07:02 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

well, he's right.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 07:05 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Subban should not or will not be traded under any circumstances, that includes Getzlaf.
I would hope especially not for Getzlaf (who is nowhere even close to a gamechanger IMO). We have AK and if people think he's going to be more than that on this team, well, I think otherwise (personally, I think AK is even more versatile, but I realize how crazy that sounds). PK's second full season and he's still arguably our most talented player in the Montreal sense: flair and ability. He's going to be one of the best offensive defenceman for years. A softmore slump (playing on the 1st D pairing, mind you) is not at all rare. It would be one of our biggest mistakes. People talk about return, but really PK has all the potential in the world and already has the skills to make him untouchable. Home grown talent too. The players that are suffering will explode once the cracks are fixed. It's amazing how much this snowball effect has actually hit the team. Everyone's mediocrity is linked.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 07:05 PM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Maybe our coach shouldn't play Blunden on line #1 with Plekanec and Cammy if he doesn't want to be seen as an idiot. Maybe it's you who's a bit slow to judge, ever thought of that ?

I remember a certain coach being lambasted for playing Laraque on line #1.

I guess the situation is very different now though... or is it...
Or, learn French. lol

Old
01-11-2012, 07:06 PM
bib
#believe

I don't see anything wrong with what he said. You have to think like a winner in order to be a winner.

Use the force Luke.

bib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 07:08 PM
BurnsBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
He traded Chelios.

Because Chelios slept with his wife.

But, he traded Chelios.
http://www.hockeytraderumors.com/article4451.html

.....or he really liked coke.

BurnsBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 07:16 PM
beh3moth

beh3moth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 07:17 PM
The Doors

cammalleri has been loved in montrael since he got here. and rightfully so, he did some great things his first two years. this year is his first adversityh and he's really not handling it well. we'll see where this goes, but now that he sees what it's like to lose in this city and not be pulling your weight on a huge contract, its safe to say the honey moon is over..

The Doors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 07:22 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
Or, learn French. lol
In all seriousness that would help. Last thing the habs need is a controversy on top of having an average to bad coach.

Best case scenario is that Cunneyworth is possibly not as bad as I think he is.. but still not one of the best. Why have an unilingual average to bad coach ? Explain this to me. It would be one thing if it was ****ing Babcock who's studied at McGill and is a great coach but **** this inexperienced ex player ********.

You think this org appointed Cunneyworth because he was the best candidate around ? They put him there because they were already paying 3 other coaches to do nothing (or be scouts who write reports they won't read or put stock into). Don't kid yourself, he was put there because Molson didn't want to let a GM who could be fired at any second hire the next coach. Same reason the new ass. coach is a guy from the org who has never even coached.

From day 1 before he had even coached a game I thought it was a very very poor choice motivated by a million factors other than him being the right guy for the job. An inexperienced loser unilingual anglo simple minded ex 4th line player. I was willing to withhold judgement but he's been even worse than anticipated. Plus, my faith and patience in this management is just not there anymore. From those who brought you Gomez for McDo, why should I have faith in the guy they hired ?

Joke org, joke coach, joke PP, joke system, joke GM, etc.

But you know I'm right and that's why you came up with an easy one liner so I'll forgive you.

Old
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC93 View Post
cammalleri has been loved in montrael since he got here. and rightfully so, he did some great things his first two years. this year is his first adversityh and he's really not handling it well. we'll see where this goes, but now that he sees what it's like to lose in this city and not be pulling your weight on a huge contract, its safe to say the honey moon is over..
I wish everyone had Carey's attitude. Glory. Get shat on to the max. Answer back, like a boss.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Never liked him. He's one dimensional. I would've rather kept Ryder. At least he hit.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 07:24 PM
The Doors

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
I wish everyone had Carey's attitude. Glory. Get shat on to the max. Answer back, like a boss.
They strike me as being pretty different guys. One's from sweet **** nowhere in BC, the other a Toronto city boy. I like Cammalleri, but he's replaceable - at least, in his current form. I don't think Price is. CP IS the Habs.

The Doors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 07:38 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC93 View Post
They strike me as being pretty different guys. One's from sweet **** nowhere in BC, the other a Toronto city boy. I like Cammalleri, but he's replaceable - at least, in his current form. I don't think Price is. CP IS the Habs.
The great Carey Price who has elevated the habs all the way up there to 12th-13th in the east. Carey Price IS the habs, and the habs are ****. Truth hurts.