HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

T.Ruutu

Old
01-01-2012, 11:55 PM
mpp9

vCash: 500
T.Ruutu

Coming up on halfway through the season. Carolina will need 62 of a possible 84 pts from here on out to get to 93 pts (the 8th seed last year). I'm assuming Carolina will be looking to shed contracts that they won't be looking to fit under the cap next season.

Is T. Ruutu one of those contracts? I remember him being discussed as a trade deadline asset early in the season with him likely commanding a decent raise next year.

What is Carolina looking to get back for him? Pens have a surplus of NHL ready D-men and it's possible that Tangradi could be available.

Pens could use his blend of skill and physicality in their top 6.

mpp9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 12:00 AM
Flat Stanley

I read on TIOPS that the Pens are high on him. He seems like a player who would play well under Dan Bylsma.

http://insidepittsburghsports.com/st...t-nears/45579/

Flat Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 12:02 AM
FakeKidPoker*

Nah he should go back to Chicago.

For a rental anyway he'd be perfect.

FakeKidPoker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 12:44 AM
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?

3rd + roster player or 2nd + mid level prospect.

Finlandia WOAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 12:46 AM
Loso

He'd be a nice fit in Washington.

Loso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 12:48 AM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

leafs would love him ...

Phion Keneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 12:58 AM
Shellz

Lol. This thread. Almost every team is going to try and grab him.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 01:01 AM
mpp9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Lol. This thread. Almost every team is going to try and grab him.
Which is why I started it. It's going to be a bidding war. Hopefully Carolina can find a quality piece in the deal to go forward with into next year.

Pens will probably need to move a roster player. Their cap space is going to be very difficult to predict come deadline day with all the injuries.

2nd+mid level prospect or quality+3rd is fair value. Probably will take more though as most every contender is going to look to add another top 6 forward.

Old
01-02-2012, 01:05 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

I think someone will over pay. 1st and a mid prospect.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 01:07 AM
Big Daddy Cane
#UndoNewStorm

Tangradi interests me more than a lot of the prospects offered in the various Ruutu proposals. There's a lot to like... big-bodied, physical, NHL ready, net front presence on the PP, skilled enough and skates well enough to play in the Top 9. Furthermore, I question Pittsburgh's ability to re-sign Ruutu with Neal and Niskanen needing new contracts. Carolina will need to spend a bit to get to the floor in the offseason and Ruutu is a good fit with the team. JR would have the opportunity to bring him back.

I'd be cool with Ruutu for Tangradi (maybe +).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tripps View Post
3rd + roster player or 2nd + mid level prospect.
or 1st (doesn't necessarily have to be a 2012 1st).

Big Daddy Cane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 01:21 AM
mpp9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Rick View Post
Tangradi interests me more than a lot of the prospects offered in the various Ruutu proposals. There's a lot to like... big-bodied, physical, NHL ready, net front presence on the PP, skilled enough and skates well enough to play in the Top 9. Furthermore, I question Pittsburgh's ability to re-sign Ruutu with Neal and Niskanen needing new contracts. Carolina will need to spend a bit to get to the floor in the offseason and Ruutu is a good fit with the team. JR would have the opportunity to bring him back.

or 1st (doesn't necessarily have to be a 2012 1st).
Agreed. Very unlikely we're going to be taking on Ruutu's contract next season unless one or both of Niskanen/TK get moved.

A change of scenery and an opportunity to play in the top 9 could really get Tangradi going. I'm fine with dealing him. Especially for a guy that fits our system like a glove.

Old
01-02-2012, 01:22 AM
Dr Awesome
Bo "knows" Horvat

If Canucks were to make a trade he's one of the players on my wish list. However it won't happen but I can dream none the less.

Dr Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 01:26 AM
Celtic Note
Not in Ferguson

From the Blues:

I would offer...

B.J. Crombeen + 2nd + 3rd

or

Evgeny Grachev + 2nd

or

2nd + Dmitri Jaskin

or

2nd + Jori Lethera

or

Matt D'Agostini + 4th (changes to a 2nd if he signs)

Last edited by Celtic Note: 01-02-2012 at 01:41 AM.
Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 01:28 AM
2 12 oz Drinks
Or Less

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
Which is why I started it. It's going to be a bidding war. Hopefully Carolina can find a quality piece in the deal to go forward with into next year.

Pens will probably need to move a roster player. Their cap space is going to be very difficult to predict come deadline day with all the injuries.

2nd+mid level prospect or quality+3rd is fair value. Probably will take more though as most every contender is going to look to add another top 6 forward.
Any particular people off limits aside from the obvious? No Crosby, Malkin, Staal, Letang, Neal... feel free to add

2 12 oz Drinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 01:31 AM
AvsFan7*

As an Avs fan Im very interested in Gleason and Ruutu from the Canes, both players are UFAs at the end of the season, but they can both bring ALOT to the table and really help a team out.

I would say the value of Ruutu is a Roster Player(Top 6 or Top 9 range) and a Mid Pick.

For Gleason I would say its a Top 4 Dman or Top 6 Dman and a Mid Pick.

From an Avs standpoint I would be willing to offer Jones, Quincey, and a 2012 3rd round pick. But if the Avs can resign one of them for next season, then the 3rd becomes a 2nd.

The Canes will probably be going into a rebuild, so they will be looking to get Picks. In this trade they gain a 3rd round pick that possibly becomes a 2nd if one of them is resigned before the Draft, and they basically get a trial with both Quincey and Jones. If they are impressed with them they can resign them and keep them moving forward, but if they dont impress then they can be let go at years end as both are Free Agents. Quincey is an RFA so they can negotiate well with him.

Not sure how the Value is, but I would love to get those two from the Canes and IMO it helps the Canes as well.

AvsFan7* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 01:43 AM
mpp9

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfan793 View Post
Any particular people off limits aside from the obvious? No Crosby, Malkin, Staal, Letang, Neal... feel free to add
For a UFA Ruutu? Tangradi or one of our depth D-men and a 2nd is about all the Pens would offer, imo.

Doubt any of our top 4 D-men get moved but I suppose anything's possible. Especially with how well Niskanen, Engelland and Despres have played for us this year.

Old
01-02-2012, 01:48 AM
2 12 oz Drinks
Or Less

Quote:
For a UFA Ruutu? Tangradi or one of our depth D-men and a 2nd is about all the Pens would offer, imo.

Doubt any of our top 4 D-men get moved but I suppose anything's possible. Especially with how well Niskanen, Engelland and Despres have played for us this year.
Just wondering. We'll take the best offer we can get I'm sure. Not that Ruutu is playing bad, which he definitely isn't, we are just in need of some depth really badly. I honestly would love to keep a guy like him around but we really just need to rebuild around the core pieces and see what we can get for anything else

Old
01-02-2012, 01:51 AM
2 12 oz Drinks
Or Less

Quote:

And by the way I just meant what would be off the table in any situation, not just for Ruutu

Old
01-02-2012, 01:55 AM
mpp9

Quote:
Just wondering. We'll take the best offer we can get I'm sure. Not that Ruutu is playing bad, which he definitely isn't, we are just in need of some depth really badly. I honestly would love to keep a guy like him around but we really just need to rebuild around the core pieces and see what we can get for anything else
I was at the Canes game on the 27th. I really like Ruutu's game. Was your best forward that night by a fair margin imo. Personally, I'd overpay to get him here. Definitely seems like the type of player that would thrive in our system. After Ruutu/Skinner burned us a couple months back, I've been very high on him. He could complement Sid/Geno very well.

Old
01-02-2012, 01:55 AM
66-29-33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Rick View Post

I doubt Niskanen stays with Pens next season, he will price himself out of our pricerange, and Despres will take his spot. I'm all for Ruutu. I think Tangradi's days are numbered with Pens, Bylsma is not a fan of his and he'd likely be traded at the TD for some winger help, like Ruutu. Neal will likely cost 2M extra cap space to what he makes now.

66-29-33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 02:00 AM
mpp9

Quote:
And by the way I just meant what would be off the table in any situation, not just for Ruutu
Some Pens fans would say Martin is a possible trade piece to upgrade the wing position especially if Sid is out for the year. But his NTC/NMC, the fact Shero signed him only last year, and Niskanen/Engelland/Despres aren't as capable top 4 options kind of makes that a very outside possibility.

Niskanen and TK are probably our only roster players that would be moved for upgrades.

Old
01-02-2012, 03:58 AM
StalockSuperfan

Torrey Mitchell
Antero Niittymaki
2013 1st

for Ruutu

StalockSuperfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 05:12 AM
Keke

I wish that Ruutu would play with top players in NHL (like Sid, Geno). Staal is of course a great player but Ruutu has barely played with him

Keke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 05:28 AM
mstad101

Mason Raymond Keith Ballard for Gleason and Ruutu.
Canes take on some longer term cap, but also get depth with Raymond. With the likelyhood of Ruutu returning, than that just adds more.

Canucks would look at Gleason as a rental till he'd be willing to his name to paper. I'd for sure look at him to fill Salo's spot next season, he probably won't command a huge contract (especially if we go far again in the playoffs).
The 6th spot essentially opens up for Tanev.

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 10:42 AM
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song

He will be a Bruin.

A top nine with the following players will be without a doubt the best.
Bergeron,Marchand,Seguin,Lucic,Krejci,Horton,Kelly ,Peverley,Ruutu.

The Bruins have the cap space and assets to get it done.

Central Scrutinizer is online now   Reply With Quote