HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alain Vigneault's Chewing Gum

Old
01-11-2012, 07:12 PM
ephmrl
#tanknation

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to ephmrl Send a message via Skype™ to ephmrl
Alain Vigneault's Chewing Gum

Quote:
First off, Iíd like to sincerely apologize to anyone staying at the same hotel as the Canucks here in Tampa Bay. I wasnít lying in yesterdayís blog, remembering your room number can be difficult for the sharpest of minds, which does not include yours truly.

So, upon exiting the elevator on the seventh floor (I remembered that much), I proceeded to try roughly 12 doors before the light finally flashed green and allowed me to enter.

Why not just go down and ask the front desk what room Iím in?

Whereís the fun in that!

Thereís a lot of pressure on todayís blog seeing as how it will be one of the only fresh pieces of content on Canucks.com. Itís a travel day; we spent the night in Tampa Bay post-game and are flying to St. Louis this morning. The Canucks arenít scheduled to practice, so this could be all the team insight you get today.

Good thing Iíve been saving up some goodness just for an occasion such as this.

I see and hear a lot of things on the road, things Iím not privy to at home. Iím part of the inner circle right now, and by that I meant I eavesdrop on its conversations. Itís all for not, though, as I canít do anything with any of it. Itís in one ear and out the other.

But it got me thinking: what crucially important information can I find out that I can also report?

Oh boy have I got a scoop for you. Itís worthy of a discount double check.

Alain Vigneault is a quiet guy. Personal, keeps things close to the chest. Little is known about him as a head coach in the room, even less about him personally.

Until now.

Vigneault chews Trident gum.

If youíre thinking to yourself, I donít care, you clearly havenít been following the yearlong saga of gum comments regarding Vigneault following every Sportsnet, TSN or CBC close-up of him behind the bench.

This is big news. Maybe not ESPN.com front-page news, but in this poorly written, rarely read blog, itís gold Jerry, gold!

The Canucks always have three types of gum available in the dressing room: original Double Bouble, Juicy Fruit and Trident. Itís a smorgasbord of chewing gum really, with something for even the pickiest of palates.

My inside source (Iím such a poor manís Bob McKenzie) tells me Vigneault gravitates towards the Trident gum, which is typically flavoured original or Tropical Twist. And here you thought coach V was all business all the time.

Iím also told heís a big Halls man, which makes perfect sense for the amount he yells during a game. Listen for it Thursday night and youíll hear him shouting from the bench, straining his voice more and more with each instruction.

What you choose to do with all this hard-hitting information is up to you, just know this: while Marshawn Lynch may enjoy being showered in Skittles after a touchdown, I highly doubt Vigneault wants gum thrown at him after every Canucks goal, even if 4 out of 5 dentists surveyed would recommend Trident.

Are you free tomorrow morning? If so, letís meet here again Thursday around the same time. It would be nice if you carried the conversation for once thoughÖ

DJ
http://fortnucks.nucksnation.com/201...secret-is-out/

The secret is out, we finally know what kind of gum AV chews!

ephmrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 07:20 PM
David71

vCash: 500
Nice Lol.

David71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 07:33 PM
VanEric

Who was the coach who always had a cup of crushed ice cubes? Was that Crawford?

VanEric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 07:41 PM
Kagee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanEric View Post
Who was the coach who always had a cup of crushed ice cubes? Was that Crawford?
Scotty Bowman and Iron Mike, as they are pretty ice cold in player relations.

Kagee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 07:59 PM
express

crawford's thing was sunflower seeds

express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 08:22 PM
Tank Hankerous*

Remember Pat Quinn threw his gum at the ref?

(First clip on this video)

Tank Hankerous* is offline   Reply With Quote