HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If oilers lose 20 in a row

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-12-2012, 12:14 AM
  #1
ghostnights
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 579
vCash: 959
If oilers lose 20 in a row

Does management/ coaches get flushed out?

ghostnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 12:15 AM
  #2
hyster110
Registered User
 
hyster110's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 955
vCash: 500
do a million thread on this subject actually promote the oilers to change?

hyster110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 12:16 AM
  #3
Wheatking
Registered User
 
Wheatking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,249
vCash: 500
Did anything happen in 2006-07 when we traded Smyth and lost something like 20 of 21 games?

Wheatking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 12:16 AM
  #4
ghostnights
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 579
vCash: 959
I think it's a fair question

ghostnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 12:21 AM
  #5
Auguste Escoffier
Registered User
 
Auguste Escoffier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 5,681
vCash: 500
Definitely not; and the media will continue to be their little sheep, telling us nothing is wrong. That we are just two years into this "rebuild".

Auguste Escoffier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 12:21 AM
  #6
monkeywrench
Registered User
 
monkeywrench's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 858
vCash: 50
It seems like our team is scared to make changes, and it is getting confusing why we don't

monkeywrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 12:31 AM
  #7
Tyrolean
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: Austria
Posts: 6,350
vCash: 500
With the major injuries I don;t see this team winning any more games.

Tyrolean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 12:32 AM
  #8
ghostnights
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 579
vCash: 959
I just pray hall doesn't get injured

ghostnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 12:33 AM
  #9
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrolean View Post
With the major injuries I don;t see this team winning any more games.
It's certainly hard to imagine 10 more wins between now and mid April.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 12:41 AM
  #10
ales83fan
Registered User
 
ales83fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,835
vCash: 500
Well what should they change? What traded player did you want and were ready to move pieces for? Who is available? Do any trades happen during the season anymore?
In terms of coaches and gm's - who do you like? Because no AHL coach can breach his contract midseason, and the only options are what...Carlyle and Crawford? What is it we should do? Injuries suck; but all you can do is sit and wait at this point.

ales83fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 12:46 AM
  #11
hockeyaddict101
Registered User
 
hockeyaddict101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrolean View Post
With the major injuries I don;t see this team winning any more games.
Eberle, RNH and Gilbert will be back this season. They will win some games but I don't think it will be many.

hockeyaddict101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 12:51 AM
  #12
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyaddict101 View Post
Eberle, RNH and Gilbert will be back this season. They will win some games but I don't think it will be many.
Do you think that a sub-62 point season is a problem moving forward?

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 12:59 AM
  #13
hockeyaddict101
Registered User
 
hockeyaddict101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Do you think that a sub-62 point season is a problem moving forward?
As I have said many times I am not at all confident with the management team. I even said that last season.

Not extremely confident in the coaching either but there has to be some semblance of sameness going forward. It is time for Tambo/Lowe to go.

That being said, this Oiler team was not expected to be good this season, so IMO the panic level is a tad too high on this board.

hockeyaddict101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 12:59 AM
  #14
awesomo
HARD!
 
awesomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: location, location
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,651
vCash: 500
well they havent been extended yet

awesomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 01:03 AM
  #15
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyaddict101 View Post
As I have said many times I am not at all confident with the management team. I even said that last season.

Not extremely confident in the coaching either but there has to be some semblance of sameness going forward. It is time for Tambo/Lowe to go.

That being said, this Oiler team was not expected to be good this season, so IMO the panic level is a tad too high on this board.
I don't agree that "sameness" is essential. This team need an enema from top to bottom.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 01:04 AM
  #16
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomo View Post
well they havent been extended yet
The Oilers are just trolling us. 7 year extensions a piece on draft day.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 01:04 AM
  #17
harpoon
FOB
 
harpoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostnights View Post
I just pray hall doesn't get injured
He's already been injured twice in two seasons .
Injuries are a fact of doing business in the NHL .

harpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 01:49 AM
  #18
t0psh3lfclu7ch
Real Men Have Scars
 
t0psh3lfclu7ch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 684
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to t0psh3lfclu7ch
Its not Tambo, It's Renney, and Lowe for pressuring Tambo to listen to Renney.

t0psh3lfclu7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 01:55 AM
  #19
TheNumber4
Registered User
 
TheNumber4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvyEyezPK View Post
Definitely not; and the media will continue to be their little sheep, telling us nothing is wrong. That we are just two years into this "rebuild".
Do people actually believe that media is really the pawn of some super secret Edmonton Oiler plan propaganda plan? Like Darryl Katz is calling 630 CHED, Edmonton Sun, Edmonton Journal etc. and paying them off to keep their mouths shut?? RIDICULOUS.

A lot of posters here, myself included, don't even follow media coverage of the Oilers. I don't listen to radio or read the newspapers. My acceptance of this rebuild comes from reasonable expectations of a team only two years removed from trying to dig themselves out of dead last. ITS NOT A FAST AND EASY PROCESS. If it was any faster than their current progress the Oilers would be looking for miracle like results. I don't believe in miracles.

TheNumber4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 01:58 AM
  #20
molsonmuscle360
Registered User
 
molsonmuscle360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ft. McMurray Ab
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,504
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post
Did anything happen in 2006-07 when we traded Smyth and lost something like 20 of 21 games?
What a comedy of errors that season was. Dive bomb completely the last 20 games, if we lose the last game we are in the lottery (which the 5th place team Chicago won that year) but we beat Calgary the last game of the season....

molsonmuscle360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 01:59 AM
  #21
Auguste Escoffier
Registered User
 
Auguste Escoffier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 5,681
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNumber4 View Post
Do people actually believe that media is really the pawn of some super secret Edmonton Oiler plan propaganda plan? Like Darryl Katz is calling 630 CHED, Edmonton Sun, Edmonton Journal etc. and paying them off to keep their mouths shut?? RIDICULOUS.

A lot of posters here, myself included, don't even follow media coverage of the Oilers. I don't listen to radio or read the newspapers. My acceptance of this rebuild comes from reasonable expectations of a team only two years removed from trying to dig themselves out of dead last. ITS NOT A FAST AND EASY PROCESS. If it was any faster than their current progress the Oilers would be looking for miracle like results. I don't believe in miracles.
No. I simply do not think the Edmonton media has the balls to question anyone in the Oilers organization. It has nothing to do with being paid to shut up and push their agenda. It has everything to do with a lack of balls.

Auguste Escoffier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 02:02 AM
  #22
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvyEyezPK View Post
No. I simply do not think the Edmonton media has the balls to question anyone in the Oilers organization. It has nothing to do with being paid to shut up and push their agenda. It has everything to do with a lack of balls.
I love how Terry Jones never questions anything that the Oilers do (unless he's talking about Katz) but the moment the Eskimos trade Ricky Ray he's up in arms doling out conspiracy theories left and right on Twitter.

The rest of the Edmonton sports media is the same.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 02:53 AM
  #23
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Narnia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,394
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
What a comedy of errors that season was. Dive bomb completely the last 20 games, if we lose the last game we are in the lottery (which the 5th place team Chicago won that year) but we beat Calgary the last game of the season....
Here we go again. Does this have to be said 1,000 times and people still don't understand. The Oilers finished with 71 points, the same as Chicago. Washington, the 4th worst team. Had the Oilers lost they would have had 69 points and Washington 70. Washington would have been in that fifth spot to draft Kane. I've said this over and over and over and over again but people just don't want to listen.

__________________
"He just ate up Robyn Regehr for dinner, a spectacular play by Hemsky, and Robyn Regehr has got doo doo all over his face" - Rod Phillips call on Hemsky's goal vs the Flames
Narnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 02:58 AM
  #24
thadd
Oil4Life
 
thadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: China
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,661
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvyEyezPK View Post
Definitely not; and the media will continue to be their little sheep, telling us nothing is wrong. That we are just two years into this "rebuild".
And when we tell them that it's closer to twenty guys like Tenser will either change the subject or talk about how the previous efforts to rebuild had nothing to do with Tambolini or Katz.

You know... if we had guys like #11 and #99 working in our systems as coaches and professional scouts I'd have no problem with it. Actually, I'd welcome it... however; I don't agree with having these positions filled with former Oilers who were plumbers and punching bags.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 03:01 AM
  #25
The Human Torch
Registered User
 
The Human Torch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Amsterdam
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 5,170
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to The Human Torch
The Oilers could lose a thousand games in a row and I have all confidence in Steve Tambellini to assess the HELL out of the situation.

The Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:56 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.