HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Should Fighting Be Abolished?

Old
02-07-2012, 07:14 PM
Leo Trollmarov
I was in the pool!!

vCash: 500
Fighting is banned.

Or do people just mean suspend people for 10 games for a fight?

Leo Trollmarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 08:16 PM
Droid6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessly Snipes View Post
Fighting is banned.

Yeah, I assumed they meant more strict penalties for fighting, like a game misconduct and some sort of suspension. My neighbor told me he didn't understand why they fought in hockey and I tried to explain it to him but the best I could come up with was sometimes you just have to beat someone up, haha! I've been in a few fights in my beer league and for me I have a tipping point and I fight and then it's over with. I think too many people equate hockey violence with street violence but these guys don't show up to their opponents house later and spray it with an uzi, they usually show up with a beer and a toothless grin.

Droid6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 09:13 PM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessly Snipes View Post
Fighting is banned.

this is constructive. icing is banned. offside is banned. cheating a face off is banned. in the nhl cheating a face off and crosschecking a guy across the nose or boarding him from behind are banned at different levels. wouldnt you agree?

for context. fighting is mildly banned. tolerated. instigating and 3rd man in are banned. you get booted from the game like crosschecking a guy in the eye. coming off the bench to fight is harshly banned like two hand slashing a guy in the head.

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 08:04 AM
sandysan

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
this is constructive. icing is banned. offside is banned. cheating a face off is banned. in the nhl cheating a face off and crosschecking a guy across the nose or boarding him from behind are banned at different levels. wouldnt you agree?.
No I would not agree. There are specific consequences for icing and offsides and boarding people but they are not "banned". For icing and offsides the consequence is a stop in play for boarding it depends on the context.

Does anyone expect a game to occur without icing and offsides ? These are simply part of the game that can occur with different frequencies depending on the specific situation, very much like fighting. I think that arguing that things that any fan would think are reasonably expected to happen are not "part of the game" because of a passage in the rule book requires a level of cognitive dissonance I cannot comprehend.

sandysan is offline   Reply With Quote