HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011 - Montreal Impact - 2012 MLS Entry Season Thread 2.0

Closed Thread

Old
01-29-2012, 10:39 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobo View Post
I agree with you on everything you said about these competitions. But I want to add that the French Ligue 1 is one of the most exciting competitions. Lots of teams can potentially win the title. The last three years, three different teams won the championship. Now PSG has been bought by Arabs and has a good chance of becoming the fourth team. You don't have that in any European competition anymore. Another upside with the sale of PSG: other teams are forced to spend more money if they want to keep up with the Parisians. So that means we'll see an overal increase in talent.

People also tend to forget the football in Belgium. It sucked massively the last decade, but we're starting to rise again (yay). Our clubsides like Anderlecht, Standard and Club Bruges are performing well in the Europa League and won their groups. I also don't understand why the Dutch competition is being held in such high regard. Our competition isn't any better (or weaker) than theirs. + we have the advantage that our teams are much healthier. Lot's of Dutch teams are on the verge of going bankrupt. I also want to show off with our national team. if we qualify for Brazil, I see us getting very, very far in that tournament. There aren't many countries who can put an equally talented team on the pitch. If I were coach, this is what I should do:

GK: Courtois (Chelsea)
RB: Vanden Borre (Genk)
CB: Kompany (Man City)
CB: Vermaelen (Arsenal)
LB: Lombaerts (Zenit)
DM: Nainggolan (Juventus)
DM: Witsel (Benfica)
RM: Hazard (Soon to be Chelsea?)
CM: Defour (Porto)
LM: De Bruyne (Soon to be Chelsea?)
ST: Lukaku (Chelsea)

There isn't even place for players like Fellaini, Mertens, Chadli or Dembélé on this squad.
I always play with Belgium in FIFA12. Love having Hazard and Mertens on the wings. But my favorite is Witsel. Awesome player.

Old
01-29-2012, 10:41 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

How does soccerball work?

Old
01-29-2012, 10:53 PM
gunners14henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobo View Post
I agree with you on everything you said about these competitions. But I want to add that the French Ligue 1 is one of the most exciting competitions. Lots of teams can potentially win the title. The last three years, three different teams won the championship. Now PSG has been bought by Arabs and has a good chance of becoming the fourth team. You don't have that in any European competition anymore. Another upside with the sale of PSG: other teams are forced to spend more money if they want to keep up with the Parisians. So that means we'll see an overal increase in talent.

People also tend to forget the football in Belgium. It sucked massively the last decade, but we're starting to rise again (yay). Our clubsides like Anderlecht, Standard and Club Bruges are performing well in the Europa League and won their groups. I also don't understand why the Dutch competition is being held in such high regard. Our competition isn't any better (or weaker) than theirs. + we have the advantage that our teams are much healthier. Lot's of Dutch teams are on the verge of going bankrupt. I also want to show off with our national team. if we qualify for Brazil, I see us getting very, very far in that tournament. There aren't many countries who can put an equally talented team on the pitch. If I were coach, this is what I should do:

GK: Courtois (Chelsea)
RB: Vanden Borre (Genk)
CB: Kompany (Man City)
CB: Vermaelen (Arsenal)
LB: Lombaerts (Zenit)
DM: Nainggolan (Juventus)
DM: Witsel (Benfica)
RM: Hazard (Soon to be Chelsea?)
CM: Defour (Porto)
LM: De Bruyne (Soon to be Chelsea?)
ST: Lukaku (Chelsea)

There isn't even place for players like Fellaini, Mertens, Chadli or Dembélé on this squad.
there's also Jan Vertoghen who's been connected with several top european clubs

Old
01-29-2012, 11:43 PM
jamz

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
Whats with all the grudge against Real Madrid? I mean, it seems like everyone always puts them behind the shadow of Barcelona. Personally, I'm leaning towards being a Real fan rather than a Barcelona (I still don't know.. I'm on the fence ). I went to both places this summer, and Madrid had a better overall vibe in my books. There were jerseys everywhere. Not as Barcelona didn't, it just seemed like a more "diverse" city. I mean 1 day isn't a lot to rate, but still... I mean, Eriksen being a CAM, isn't it more realistic to go to Real where he can compete with Ozil rather than going to Barcelona and having to compete with Cesc Fabregas/Iniesta/Xavi for a spot?
I think the hate comes from the Galacticos era. In a similar fashion to the Rangers a few years ago, Real Madrid's president Florentino Perez would buy all the biggest stars at huge prices and just shove them on the same team (Beckham, Zidane, Ronaldo, Figo, Owen). The team never really clicked and they were second best to Rafa Benitez' Valencia. They ultimately won the league and the Champions league, but they started sucking and Perez was replaced and the superstars sold.

Then Perez bought more superstars when he became president again in 2009 (C. Ronaldo, Kaka, Alonso, Bensema, di Maria, etc.) and in the second "Galacticos era" the team yet again underachived. Barcelona with less money invested and before last season no shirt sponsor keep beating them, but this season Barca sucks away in the league and even if they keep beating them Real will probably win La Liga.

I personally enjoy watching Real Madrid way more than I do Barca. Barca always play the same way and their game flows better, but as soon as someone brushes their shoulder they roll on the ground like they got hit by a car. Especially Busquets. I used to hate Ronaldo at Man U for that reason, but since joining RM he dives a lot less. Pepe is insane everyone hates him even the Real fans but he is entertaining.

And it wouldn't be realistic for him to go to either club as they both have better options and no need for him now.

Old
01-30-2012, 08:11 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
You can forget about Toni

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...l-nasr?cc=5901

Old
01-30-2012, 08:13 AM
PhysicX

vCash: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I'm happy! Never liked him personally.

Old
01-30-2012, 09:01 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicX View Post
I'm happy! Never liked him personally.

I did but that was in 2006. The guy as gotten a lot of injuries since and hasn't been the same. Slowed down big time and I don't think he has much left in the tank

Old
01-30-2012, 12:35 PM
Padrino86

I like the fact Saputo never even talked to him. He isn't intended on signing somebody just for the hell of it. He wants the DP to fit in. It proves he isn't being dumb with the team.

http://fr.canoe.ca/sports/nouvelles/...30-131451.html

Old
01-30-2012, 02:29 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Third bus for New York!

http://www.ultrasmontreal.com/

I'll be there!

Old
01-30-2012, 05:05 PM
Padrino86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Roy View Post
Third bus for New York!

http://www.ultrasmontreal.com/

I'll be there!
Yeah! Good news. I was on the second bus already but I am glad we'll get close to 200, or maybe even 200. Amazing... we weren't even 200 in the ultra section most game I went to.

Old
01-30-2012, 05:44 PM
pine*

So Houston missed out on signing forward Kris Boyd (who just signed with Portland)... maybe they might trade back for Ching now?

Old
01-30-2012, 07:05 PM
MoonlightGraham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
So Houston missed out on signing forward Kris Boyd (who just signed with Portland)... maybe they might trade back for Ching now?
I don't know, it seems Ching is warming up to the idea of playing in Montreal. He seems happier in interviews and I've seen positive Tweets about him from other Impact players. Obviously if they give us something good in return (has to be a goal scorer) then they should trade him back, but there's no rush, he could be a very decent player for us and it would be good to have a veteran like him on an expansion team. And the only two strikers we have are him and Justin Braun, who is still very young.

Old
01-30-2012, 11:46 PM
jamz

Sébastien Le Toux to a Canadian team???

http://www.brotherlygame.com/2012/1/...hitecaps-trade

Old
01-31-2012, 06:05 AM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamz View Post
Sébastien Le Toux to a Canadian team???

http://www.brotherlygame.com/2012/1/...hitecaps-trade
Would be a good DP or is it just me? Proved his worth in the MLS, can relate with the fans (sort of like how Darche and Desharnais does), and blend in well with the group ages that IMFC has

Old
01-31-2012, 10:27 AM
Pax Macioretty

Le Toux has been traded to the Whitecaps. Could him + Mattocks mean that Omar Salgado could be available

Old
01-31-2012, 01:08 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Le Toux is leaving in a year. Let the Caps pay for him through the nose and then lose him to Europe next season

Old
01-31-2012, 06:33 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Wildcaps have like what, 8 Forwards? I think Hassli would be a nice addition... But hes a DP, so i doubt Caps sell/xfer a DP

For obvious reasons...

Old
01-31-2012, 09:45 PM
Padrino86

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
Wildcaps have like what, 8 Forwards? I think Hassli would be a nice addition... But hes a DP, so i doubt Caps sell/xfer a DP

For obvious reasons...
If a team makes a DP available, you probably don't want him anyway.

Old
02-01-2012, 10:46 AM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Single games tickets ON SALE NOW!

http://www.impactmontreal.com/en/tic...e-game-tickets

Old
02-01-2012, 10:50 AM
Pax Macioretty

*******! 87$?

Old
02-01-2012, 11:02 AM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
*******! 87$?
What?

I think i'll get tickets to the opening match. $20-$25 for decent tickets is a steal.

Old
02-01-2012, 11:40 AM
hersky77

got my tickets today for 28, very excited

Old
02-01-2012, 12:05 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

There's a special for all Big O games, it's 69$ for 6 games I think.

Old
02-01-2012, 01:08 PM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
There's a special for all Big O games, it's 69$ for 6 games I think.
If that's true, thats a very good idea and a great price

Old
02-01-2012, 02:27 PM
Pax Macioretty

Impact had an offer for Philly to get Le Toux, so you know something will go down with our forwards before the season starts. Personnally, I want Omar Salgado. We would be starting a new franchise with the best defensmens from the 2011 and 2012 superdrafts and the best forward from the 2011 superdraft, what else can you ask for really?

Closed Thread