HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011 - Montreal Impact - 2012 MLS Entry Season Thread 2.0

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-29-2012, 10:39 PM
  #276
The Russian General
Go Habs Go
 
The Russian General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: MTL
Posts: 16,639
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobo View Post
I agree with you on everything you said about these competitions. But I want to add that the French Ligue 1 is one of the most exciting competitions. Lots of teams can potentially win the title. The last three years, three different teams won the championship. Now PSG has been bought by Arabs and has a good chance of becoming the fourth team. You don't have that in any European competition anymore. Another upside with the sale of PSG: other teams are forced to spend more money if they want to keep up with the Parisians. So that means we'll see an overal increase in talent.

People also tend to forget the football in Belgium. It sucked massively the last decade, but we're starting to rise again (yay). Our clubsides like Anderlecht, Standard and Club Bruges are performing well in the Europa League and won their groups. I also don't understand why the Dutch competition is being held in such high regard. Our competition isn't any better (or weaker) than theirs. + we have the advantage that our teams are much healthier. Lot's of Dutch teams are on the verge of going bankrupt. I also want to show off with our national team. if we qualify for Brazil, I see us getting very, very far in that tournament. There aren't many countries who can put an equally talented team on the pitch. If I were coach, this is what I should do:

GK: Courtois (Chelsea)
RB: Vanden Borre (Genk)
CB: Kompany (Man City)
CB: Vermaelen (Arsenal)
LB: Lombaerts (Zenit)
DM: Nainggolan (Juventus)
DM: Witsel (Benfica)
RM: Hazard (Soon to be Chelsea?)
CM: Defour (Porto)
LM: De Bruyne (Soon to be Chelsea?)
ST: Lukaku (Chelsea)

There isn't even place for players like Fellaini, Mertens, Chadli or Dembélé on this squad.
I always play with Belgium in FIFA12. Love having Hazard and Mertens on the wings. But my favorite is Witsel. Awesome player.

The Russian General is offline  
Old
01-29-2012, 10:41 PM
  #277
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,769
vCash: 500
How does soccerball work?

The Kremelin Wall* is offline  
Old
01-29-2012, 10:53 PM
  #278
gunners14henry
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 1,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobo View Post
I agree with you on everything you said about these competitions. But I want to add that the French Ligue 1 is one of the most exciting competitions. Lots of teams can potentially win the title. The last three years, three different teams won the championship. Now PSG has been bought by Arabs and has a good chance of becoming the fourth team. You don't have that in any European competition anymore. Another upside with the sale of PSG: other teams are forced to spend more money if they want to keep up with the Parisians. So that means we'll see an overal increase in talent.

People also tend to forget the football in Belgium. It sucked massively the last decade, but we're starting to rise again (yay). Our clubsides like Anderlecht, Standard and Club Bruges are performing well in the Europa League and won their groups. I also don't understand why the Dutch competition is being held in such high regard. Our competition isn't any better (or weaker) than theirs. + we have the advantage that our teams are much healthier. Lot's of Dutch teams are on the verge of going bankrupt. I also want to show off with our national team. if we qualify for Brazil, I see us getting very, very far in that tournament. There aren't many countries who can put an equally talented team on the pitch. If I were coach, this is what I should do:

GK: Courtois (Chelsea)
RB: Vanden Borre (Genk)
CB: Kompany (Man City)
CB: Vermaelen (Arsenal)
LB: Lombaerts (Zenit)
DM: Nainggolan (Juventus)
DM: Witsel (Benfica)
RM: Hazard (Soon to be Chelsea?)
CM: Defour (Porto)
LM: De Bruyne (Soon to be Chelsea?)
ST: Lukaku (Chelsea)

There isn't even place for players like Fellaini, Mertens, Chadli or Dembélé on this squad.
there's also Jan Vertoghen who's been connected with several top european clubs

gunners14henry is offline  
Old
01-29-2012, 11:43 PM
  #279
jamz
Registered User
 
jamz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 1,079
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
Whats with all the grudge against Real Madrid? I mean, it seems like everyone always puts them behind the shadow of Barcelona. Personally, I'm leaning towards being a Real fan rather than a Barcelona (I still don't know.. I'm on the fence ). I went to both places this summer, and Madrid had a better overall vibe in my books. There were jerseys everywhere. Not as Barcelona didn't, it just seemed like a more "diverse" city. I mean 1 day isn't a lot to rate, but still... I mean, Eriksen being a CAM, isn't it more realistic to go to Real where he can compete with Ozil rather than going to Barcelona and having to compete with Cesc Fabregas/Iniesta/Xavi for a spot?
I think the hate comes from the Galacticos era. In a similar fashion to the Rangers a few years ago, Real Madrid's president Florentino Perez would buy all the biggest stars at huge prices and just shove them on the same team (Beckham, Zidane, Ronaldo, Figo, Owen). The team never really clicked and they were second best to Rafa Benitez' Valencia. They ultimately won the league and the Champions league, but they started sucking and Perez was replaced and the superstars sold.

Then Perez bought more superstars when he became president again in 2009 (C. Ronaldo, Kaka, Alonso, Bensema, di Maria, etc.) and in the second "Galacticos era" the team yet again underachived. Barcelona with less money invested and before last season no shirt sponsor keep beating them, but this season Barca sucks away in the league and even if they keep beating them Real will probably win La Liga.

I personally enjoy watching Real Madrid way more than I do Barca. Barca always play the same way and their game flows better, but as soon as someone brushes their shoulder they roll on the ground like they got hit by a car. Especially Busquets. I used to hate Ronaldo at Man U for that reason, but since joining RM he dives a lot less. Pepe is insane everyone hates him even the Real fans but he is entertaining.

And it wouldn't be realistic for him to go to either club as they both have better options and no need for him now.

jamz is offline  
Old
01-30-2012, 08:11 AM
  #280
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 34,339
vCash: 256
You can forget about Toni

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...l-nasr?cc=5901

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
01-30-2012, 08:13 AM
  #281
PhysicX
Registered User
 
PhysicX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,707
vCash: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I'm happy! Never liked him personally.

PhysicX is offline  
Old
01-30-2012, 09:01 AM
  #282
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 34,339
vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicX View Post
I'm happy! Never liked him personally.

I did but that was in 2006. The guy as gotten a lot of injuries since and hasn't been the same. Slowed down big time and I don't think he has much left in the tank

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
01-30-2012, 12:35 PM
  #283
Padrino86
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,213
vCash: 500
I like the fact Saputo never even talked to him. He isn't intended on signing somebody just for the hell of it. He wants the DP to fit in. It proves he isn't being dumb with the team.

http://fr.canoe.ca/sports/nouvelles/...30-131451.html

Padrino86 is offline  
Old
01-30-2012, 02:29 PM
  #284
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy
 
ChuckyToGally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,412
vCash: 500
Third bus for New York!

http://www.ultrasmontreal.com/

I'll be there!

ChuckyToGally is offline  
Old
01-30-2012, 05:05 PM
  #285
Padrino86
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,213
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Roy View Post
Third bus for New York!

http://www.ultrasmontreal.com/

I'll be there!
Yeah! Good news. I was on the second bus already but I am glad we'll get close to 200, or maybe even 200. Amazing... we weren't even 200 in the ultra section most game I went to.

Padrino86 is offline  
Old
01-30-2012, 05:44 PM
  #286
pine*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,340
vCash: 500
So Houston missed out on signing forward Kris Boyd (who just signed with Portland)... maybe they might trade back for Ching now?

pine* is offline  
Old
01-30-2012, 07:05 PM
  #287
MoonlightGraham
Registered User
 
MoonlightGraham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
So Houston missed out on signing forward Kris Boyd (who just signed with Portland)... maybe they might trade back for Ching now?
I don't know, it seems Ching is warming up to the idea of playing in Montreal. He seems happier in interviews and I've seen positive Tweets about him from other Impact players. Obviously if they give us something good in return (has to be a goal scorer) then they should trade him back, but there's no rush, he could be a very decent player for us and it would be good to have a veteran like him on an expansion team. And the only two strikers we have are him and Justin Braun, who is still very young.

MoonlightGraham is offline  
Old
01-30-2012, 11:46 PM
  #288
jamz
Registered User
 
jamz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 1,079
vCash: 500
Sébastien Le Toux to a Canadian team???

http://www.brotherlygame.com/2012/1/...hitecaps-trade

jamz is offline  
Old
01-31-2012, 06:05 AM
  #289
LaurentHabs
Wat.
 
LaurentHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,781
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamz View Post
Sébastien Le Toux to a Canadian team???

http://www.brotherlygame.com/2012/1/...hitecaps-trade
Would be a good DP or is it just me? Proved his worth in the MLS, can relate with the fans (sort of like how Darche and Desharnais does), and blend in well with the group ages that IMFC has

LaurentHabs is offline  
Old
01-31-2012, 10:27 AM
  #290
Pax Macioretty
Registered User
 
Pax Macioretty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 15,597
vCash: 500
Le Toux has been traded to the Whitecaps. Could him + Mattocks mean that Omar Salgado could be available

Pax Macioretty is offline  
Old
01-31-2012, 01:08 PM
  #291
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,309
vCash: 500
Le Toux is leaving in a year. Let the Caps pay for him through the nose and then lose him to Europe next season

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is online now  
Old
01-31-2012, 06:33 PM
  #292
LaurentHabs
Wat.
 
LaurentHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,781
vCash: 500
Wildcaps have like what, 8 Forwards? I think Hassli would be a nice addition... But hes a DP, so i doubt Caps sell/xfer a DP

For obvious reasons...

LaurentHabs is offline  
Old
01-31-2012, 09:45 PM
  #293
Padrino86
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,213
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
Wildcaps have like what, 8 Forwards? I think Hassli would be a nice addition... But hes a DP, so i doubt Caps sell/xfer a DP

For obvious reasons...
If a team makes a DP available, you probably don't want him anyway.

Padrino86 is offline  
Old
02-01-2012, 10:46 AM
  #294
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy
 
ChuckyToGally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,412
vCash: 500
Single games tickets ON SALE NOW!

http://www.impactmontreal.com/en/tic...e-game-tickets

ChuckyToGally is offline  
Old
02-01-2012, 10:50 AM
  #295
Pax Macioretty
Registered User
 
Pax Macioretty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 15,597
vCash: 500
*******! 87$?

Pax Macioretty is offline  
Old
02-01-2012, 11:02 AM
  #296
FrankMTL
Registered User
 
FrankMTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,916
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
*******! 87$?
What?

I think i'll get tickets to the opening match. $20-$25 for decent tickets is a steal.

FrankMTL is offline  
Old
02-01-2012, 11:40 AM
  #297
hersky77
Registered User
 
hersky77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,361
vCash: 500
got my tickets today for 28, very excited

hersky77 is offline  
Old
02-01-2012, 12:05 PM
  #298
The Russian General
Go Habs Go
 
The Russian General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: MTL
Posts: 16,639
vCash: 500
There's a special for all Big O games, it's 69$ for 6 games I think.

The Russian General is offline  
Old
02-01-2012, 01:08 PM
  #299
FrankMTL
Registered User
 
FrankMTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,916
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
There's a special for all Big O games, it's 69$ for 6 games I think.
If that's true, thats a very good idea and a great price

FrankMTL is offline  
Old
02-01-2012, 02:27 PM
  #300
Pax Macioretty
Registered User
 
Pax Macioretty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 15,597
vCash: 500
Impact had an offer for Philly to get Le Toux, so you know something will go down with our forwards before the season starts. Personnally, I want Omar Salgado. We would be starting a new franchise with the best defensmens from the 2011 and 2012 superdrafts and the best forward from the 2011 superdraft, what else can you ask for really?

Pax Macioretty is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:30 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.