HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Kyle Chipchura Thread

Closed Thread

Old
10-12-2004, 09:39 AM
BLNY

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to BLNY Send a message via Yahoo to BLNY
Good to hear. Hopefully he can maintain it over the long haul.

Old
10-12-2004, 09:54 AM
Darz

Well for those who don't know, I haven't been as happy to see the habs draft a player as I was when they drafted Chipchura since Cassels in '87 (not saying I'm the greatest draft predictor or anything).

This kid is as blue chip as they come. He might never become a first liner, but I would put a whole heck of a lot of money that he will have a long NHL career (unless injuries play a factor, *knocks on wood*).

The thing I am most looking forward to this year is Chipchura making the world junior team, I mean it's important that he puts up some sorta stats this year in the WHL, but the juniors will really be a great showcase for him, and give all of us a better idea aboutthe kid.

Old
10-12-2004, 10:18 AM
Aarex

On PA' It appears Chipchura is playing on the 1st line with Colltion, does anyone know what position Kyle is playing?

Old
10-12-2004, 02:08 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
Well for those who don't know, I haven't been as happy to see the habs draft a player as I was when they drafted Chipchura since Cassels in '87 (not saying I'm the greatest draft predictor or anything).

This kid is as blue chip as they come. He might never become a first liner, but I would put a whole heck of a lot of money that he will have a long NHL career (unless injuries play a factor, *knocks on wood*).

The thing I am most looking forward to this year is Chipchura making the world junior team, I mean it's important that he puts up some sorta stats this year in the WHL, but the juniors will really be a great showcase for him, and give all of us a better idea aboutthe kid.
I agree Darzy, Juniors is for sure gona be a great showcase for him. After all, was it not Higgins and Komo who had their stock go up considerably after the juniors??

Old
10-12-2004, 02:26 PM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

I look forward to seeing him play, hopefully there will be a few PA games on TV. If the lockout is still ongoing at the World Jr Championships, Canada should have a pretty stacked team. Is Kyle good enough to make the team?

Old
10-12-2004, 02:40 PM
Mooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by loadie
I look forward to seeing him play, hopefully there will be a few PA games on TV. If the lockout is still ongoing at the World Jr Championships, Canada should have a pretty stacked team. Is Kyle good enough to make the team?
I think that will most likely be determined by his performance in the whl (stats..) which up to know has been excellent...

Old
10-12-2004, 05:11 PM
SuperUnknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydified
On PA' It appears Chipchura is playing on the 1st line with Colltion, does anyone know what position Kyle is playing?
I don't think he's playing with Colliton all the time. Colliton and Chipchura are on the 1st PP together, but other than that I think they play on different lines most of the time. Chipchura is playing at center position.

Old
10-12-2004, 05:51 PM
Reign Nateo

I was at the game vs Kamloops on the weekend, and have watched Chipchura play 5 times or so last year, so I thought I would chime in here.

Kyle is a real big kid for the WHL level (6-3 200) and that helps him a great deal, he is strong on the puck and is a good passer. His skating is solid, and he crashes the net. He is also solid without the puck, he seems tailor made for the 3rd line in the NHL. For a big kid his shot can be ineffective, but he's usually so close to the net that it doesn't matter.

I'm no expert, but I would project Chipchura as follows:

20 goals scorer, 2-way threat, physical and responsible at the NHL level. PK guy, probably limited PP time. I would say that he will surprise and make the NHL sooner rather than later. I would be surprised if he didn't see some time in Montreal next year. I would compare him to Michal Handzus. This kid is the real deal, as good as any forward I have seen in the WHL over the last 2 seasons.

Old
10-12-2004, 05:54 PM
Aarex

Hey Reign, was Kyle playing Centre or on the Wing this weekend?

Old
10-12-2004, 05:55 PM
Mooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo
I was at the game vs Kamloops on the weekend, and have watched Chipchura play 5 times or so last year, so I thought I would chime in here.

Kyle is a real big kid for the WHL level (6-3 200) and that helps him a great deal, he is strong on the puck and is a good passer. His skating is solid, and he crashes the net. He is also solid without the puck, he seems tailor made for the 3rd line in the NHL. For a big kid his shot can be ineffective, but he's usually so close to the net that it doesn't matter.

20 goals scorer, 2-way threat, physical and responsible at the NHL level. PK guy, probably limited PP time. I would say that he will surprise and make the NHL sooner rather than later. I would be surprised if he didn't see some time in Montreal next year. I would compare him to Michal Handzus. This kid is the real deal, as good as any forward I have seen in the WHL over the last 2 seasons.

Have you been following the whl for a few years??

Old
10-12-2004, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo

Handszus is a pretty good comparison, from what I saw, although I know Chipchura will be alot more physical though

Old
10-12-2004, 06:42 PM
Mooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
Handszus is a pretty good comparison, from what I saw, although I know Chipchura will be alot more physical though
Zeus got that froo though. chip cant touch that.......

As for the acutally comprison, i have no idea. Ive never seen chip play, ever......

Old
10-12-2004, 06:57 PM
not quite yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smail
I don't think he's playing with Colliton all the time. Colliton and Chipchura are on the 1st PP together, but other than that I think they play on different lines most of the time. Chipchura is playing at center position.
Exactly! Chipchura and Collition are the 2 best players on the team and they both play center. Collition, the captain who is 13 months older, plays on line 1. Chip plays on line 2. They join forces on the PP.

PA game tonight!

Old
10-12-2004, 07:03 PM
not quite yoda

going a little off subject here... anyone know if our oldfriend db23 got banned from hfboards? he does not seem to be on the members list anymore...

http://hfboards.com/memberlist.php?d...astpostbefore=

Old
10-13-2004, 02:21 PM
Reign Nateo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
Have you been following the whl for a few years??
I have been following the WHL (Kamloops in particular) since about 1992. I now pay attention to all players that are picked when I go. I live between Kamloops and Vancouver and I watch nearly all the Blazers games, and a handful of Giants games.

To the other question, Chipchura was playing C like he does most of the time. On the PP is the only time that he plays the wing from what I have seen.

Old
10-13-2004, 02:40 PM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
I think that will most likely be determined by his performance in the whl (stats..) which up to know has been excellent...
True, but it will be a tough test, Canada is supposed to be stacked if the lockout continues.

Old
10-13-2004, 05:32 PM
Fugazi*

Quote:
Originally Posted by espion
going a little off subject here... anyone know if our oldfriend db23 got banned from hfboards? he does not seem to be on the members list anymore...
That's too bad if he's gone, his posts were interesting and always got reactions, whether you agreed with his way of looking at things or not it's always good to have some characters on board. I always respected the fact that he stuck by his guns and was never a wishy-washy, mind-changer, like a lot of people on here.

Old
10-13-2004, 08:02 PM
markov`

Chipchura will not score many goals in the NHL, maybe 20 per year, but he will have 70-75 points. He have very good hands and a good hockey sens, good passing abilities. He will be more than a 3rd liner, way better offensively.

I'm really high on this guy. I think he is definately better than Andrew Ladd, who was picked 4th overall.

Old
10-13-2004, 10:30 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by markov`
Chipchura will not score many goals in the NHL, maybe 20 per year, but he will have 70-75 points. He have very good hands and a good hockey sens, good passing abilities. He will be more than a 3rd liner, way better offensively.

I'm really high on this guy. I think he is definately better than Andrew Ladd, who was picked 4th overall.
that's WAY too much, 20 goals and 75 points is what Saku produce! Hey 75 points = top 12 in the NHL!!!

Old
10-15-2004, 11:37 AM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ax˛+bx+c
that's WAY too much, 20 goals and 75 points is what Saku produce! Hey 75 points = top 12 in the NHL!!!
agree ! He is a 50 point producer , he can become a great third line checking center !

Old
10-15-2004, 11:48 AM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone
agree ! He is a 50 point producer , he can become a great third line checking center !
Quote:
Originally Posted by ax˛+bx+c
If scoring levels stay where they have been the past couple/few years, I would be happy if Chipchura can become a 40 point, solid PK defensive player for us, although I still believe that Chipchura has yet to show everyone his top offensive potential. With hard work in certain areas, you never know what can happen.

Old
10-15-2004, 12:27 PM
Nielson81

Send a message via ICQ to Nielson81
Hopefully Chipchura can keep it up, I'm doing play-by-play for a Raiders - Hurricanes game in October that will be on Shaw TV In Alberta and Saskatchewan, I would love to call Chipper scoring a goal.

If his offensive upside continues to develop I think the Habs have a keeper.

Unbiased Canadian

Old
10-15-2004, 01:58 PM
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased Canadian
Hopefully Chipchura can keep it up, I'm doing play-by-play for a Raiders - Hurricanes game in October that will be on Shaw TV In Alberta and Saskatchewan, I would love to call Chipper scoring a goal.

If his offensive upside continues to develop I think the Habs have a keeper.

Unbiased Canadian

Chipchura with the puck, in the offensive zone he gets bump by Chosebinette, Chipchura charges him back to the board and demolishes Chosebinette who is suffering, now Chip recovers the puck cuts inside, slapshots a weak accurate shot and scorrrrrrresss!!!

Last edited by Crusher20: 10-15-2004 at 04:15 PM.
Old
10-15-2004, 03:21 PM
bopeep

If Chipchura is our 3rd line checking center of the future, where does Lapierre fit into the equation?

Old
10-15-2004, 03:49 PM
Mooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by bopeep
If Chipchura is our 3rd line checking center of the future, where does Lapierre fit into the equation?
4th line checking centre possibly....

Closed Thread