HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Lundin Conspiracy

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-12-2012, 05:08 PM
  #1
WildisLaw
Just win, baby
 
WildisLaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Napa Valley, Cali
Country: United States
Posts: 3,552
vCash: 50
The Lundin Conspiracy

what the heck is going on?

WildisLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 05:09 PM
  #2
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem
 
this providence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Paul
Posts: 9,657
vCash: 500
*runs to kitchen to build tin foil hat

brb

__________________

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 05:10 PM
  #3
mkoivu9*
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,425
vCash: 2710
Has he been a healthy scratch? or maybe just ongoing back problems? (back injuries are a *****)

mkoivu9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 05:10 PM
  #4
Haite
x
 
Haite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,866
vCash: 2465

Haite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 05:19 PM
  #5
Dee Oh Cee
Registered User
 
Dee Oh Cee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Farmington
Country: United States
Posts: 6,418
vCash: 500
From the small section Russo put in the paper the other day it doesn't sound like it's injury related. I want to see him get in there at some point though.

Dee Oh Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 05:24 PM
  #6
rynryn
Progress to the Mean
 
rynryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 21,440
vCash: 50
unless there's more info out there I'm sticking with my "Coach just doesn't like him for some reason" theory. Jacques had his goats, too. Maybe doesn't like the dynamic he brings to the ice or in the room or whatever. He wasn't anything spectacular in the games he played but he sure as hell wasn't worse than any number of other defensemen that continue to see ice, either.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 05:29 PM
  #7
nickschultzfan
Registered User
 
nickschultzfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,944
vCash: 500
People were gushing over Lundin for little reason. He's hasn't been that good.

However, he's still light-years better than Zanon.

nickschultzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 05:30 PM
  #8
ShutDownDefense
Wild Time!
 
ShutDownDefense's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,177
vCash: 500
The only think I can think of is playing up Zanon for a trade, but I highly doubt Lundin wants to re-sign back here if CF is interested in re-signing him. He's played 10-12 games this year and scratched repeatedly for lesser D-men.

ShutDownDefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 05:52 PM
  #9
rynryn
Progress to the Mean
 
rynryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 21,440
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
People were gushing over Lundin for little reason. He's hasn't been that good.

However, he's still light-years better than Zanon.
he really hasn't had the opportunity to put together a fair body of work with which to compare to that of our other "veteran" D men but he's played better than Schultz, too, and if you even out Zid's good and bad games he's about on par with him. Didn't Yeo say something about having to treat Schultz and Zidlicky different from his other defensemen? I understood that to mean that he realizes they're playing poorly but isn't going to bench them. as quickly as he would everyone else. Not sure why they get the pass and Lundin and Zanon do not. Obviously Lundins tenure here doesn't require the team to show a whole lot of loyalty but I would think Zanon would get the same consideration that Schultz and Zid get.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 06:07 PM
  #10
DeuceMN
Really?
 
DeuceMN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Chi-Town, Il
Country: United States
Posts: 2,005
vCash: 50
Who the heck knows why Schultz and Zids get their preferential treatment. My only hope is that with the benching of Gooch last game and all this accountability crap he's talking now that they get held to the same as everyone else and quit getting their free rides. I mean good God! If Schulz does one more blind rim-around-in-his own-zone-to-the-opposing-team.... ******** crazy. And Zidz with his extra special shoot-into-the-opposing-team-to-have-it-blocked-then-go-the-other-way-for-a-2-on-1-while-he-takes-a-stupid-penalty... my eye hasn't stopped twitching for four weeks(since Zid came back)

DeuceMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 06:14 PM
  #11
squidz*
dun worry he's cool
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: South of the Border
Country: United States
Posts: 11,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czech in Hockey View Post
Who the heck knows why Schultz and Zids get their preferential treatment. My only hope is that with the benching of Gooch last game and all this accountability crap he's talking now that they get held to the same as everyone else and quit getting their free rides. I mean good God! If Schulz does one more blind rim-around-in-his own-zone-to-the-opposing-team.... ******** crazy. And Zidz with his extra special shoot-into-the-opposing-team-to-have-it-blocked-then-go-the-other-way-for-a-2-on-1-while-he-takes-a-stupid-penalty... my eye hasn't stopped twitching for four weeks(since Zid came back)
Schultz gets special treatment because of the letter on his jersey, and Zid brings something to the ice no one other than Spurgeon can provide (although he hasn't been that great at it).

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 07:03 PM
  #12
rynryn
Progress to the Mean
 
rynryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 21,440
vCash: 50
ah yes, benching an A would be kind of...awkward.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 07:05 PM
  #13
saywut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,084
vCash: 500
Should be put in if nothing else to send a message to someone else, along with seeing if the scratches have motivated Lundin. Bottom line, the 5 left-handed d-men we have up with the team need to be better.

saywut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 07:31 PM
  #14
Avder
Global Moderator
Is it October yet?
 
Avder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The ANGRY DOME
Country: United States
Posts: 31,590
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czech in Hockey View Post
Who the heck knows why Schultz and Zids get their preferential treatment. My only hope is that with the benching of Gooch last game and all this accountability crap he's talking now that they get held to the same as everyone else and quit getting their free rides. I mean good God! If Schulz does one more blind rim-around-in-his own-zone-to-the-opposing-team.... ******** crazy. And Zidz with his extra special shoot-into-the-opposing-team-to-have-it-blocked-then-go-the-other-way-for-a-2-on-1-while-he-takes-a-stupid-penalty... my eye hasn't stopped twitching for four weeks(since Zid came back)
4 weeks? Which game did he come back in?

Avder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 07:38 PM
  #15
Dampland
Heavily Moderated
 
Dampland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Job Search City
Country: United States
Posts: 2,319
vCash: 50
There is no way that Lundin has played any worse than Schultz. But the "A" does seem to be the difference between who plays and who doesn't.

Lundin never got a chance to "audition" for Yeo because he was hurt in camp. And now Yeo jsut seems more comfortable with his Aeros call ups.

I personally believe that Lundin deserves another 10-15 game "try out", and if he still sucks, bench him again, but I just don't think he has gotten enough of a chance to show his worth.

Dampland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 09:07 PM
  #16
squidz*
dun worry he's cool
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: South of the Border
Country: United States
Posts: 11,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo
Zanon and Stoner on the ice for 3 goals tonight. #freelundin will occur Saturday in St. Louis. Bet my career
Yep.

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 11:03 PM
  #17
ChexLeMeneux
Registered User
 
ChexLeMeneux's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDownDefense View Post
The only think I can think of is playing up Zanon for a trade, but I highly doubt Lundin wants to re-sign back here if CF is interested in re-signing him. He's played 10-12 games this year and scratched repeatedly for lesser D-men.
It doesn't seem like Zanon is really helping their cause if they are trying to play him to show case his talents for a trade.

ChexLeMeneux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 11:45 PM
  #18
Wild48
Our Savior
 
Wild48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Duluth
Country: United States
Posts: 1,549
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czech in Hockey View Post
Who the heck knows why Schultz and Zids get their preferential treatment. My only hope is that with the benching of Gooch last game and all this accountability crap he's talking now that they get held to the same as everyone else and quit getting their free rides. I mean good God! If Schulz does one more blind rim-around-in-his own-zone-to-the-opposing-team.... ******** crazy. And Zidz with his extra special shoot-into-the-opposing-team-to-have-it-blocked-then-go-the-other-way-for-a-2-on-1-while-he-takes-a-stupid-penalty... my eye hasn't stopped twitching for four weeks(since Zid came back)
There are 18,500,000 million dollars left between their 2 contracts. That's why they play.

Wild48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 12:03 AM
  #19
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat
 
llamapalooza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: San Francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 7,267
vCash: 500
Zid was absolutely crucial in setting up one of the Wild's two goals tonight. It was Zanon and Stoner who came out -3 on the night...

llamapalooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 12:15 AM
  #20
Wild33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 499
vCash: 500
It is absolutely mind boggling how Zanon/Stoner/Falk dress with Lundin in the press box and Scandella in Houston. Falk somehow recorded 2 assists vs. the Sharks and he looked like an ECHLer. Yes Lundin had that bad game in Vancouver about 3 weeks ago but give the guy a chance. When healthy he was getting around 20 minutes and important minutes. (Had very little to no PP time in the ice time too).

IMO we have got to cut this D-core down to 7 again or so. Ever since the defense got healthy they played scared not to make that mistake because who ever made that big mistake that night, wasn't gonna dress the next night. During that run we didn't have that mentality on the back end, scared to make a mistake and if you did you got a chance 90 seconds later in your next shift. Zanon will be first gone and won't be surprised if Stoner or another Dman could be gone too with Stoner being a UFA and it is probably someone we can replace during free agency. I really don't know if he is in their future plans just a complete guess. I think a shake-up of some sorts has to happen soon, this is a crucial part of the year. There is always lows to every season but you think they may last for maybe 5-6 games, not 13-15.

Wild33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 12:24 AM
  #21
NHL1674
Whatever...
 
NHL1674's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 11,154
vCash: 97
Someone has very bad polaroids of Yeo and/or Fletcher. It's the only way this makes sense.

NHL1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 07:45 AM
  #22
squidz*
dun worry he's cool
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: South of the Border
Country: United States
Posts: 11,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerplay33 View Post
It is absolutely mind boggling how Zanon/Stoner/Falk dress with Lundin in the press box and Scandella in Houston. Falk somehow recorded 2 assists vs. the Sharks and he looked like an ECHLer. Yes Lundin had that bad game in Vancouver about 3 weeks ago but give the guy a chance. When healthy he was getting around 20 minutes and important minutes. (Had very little to no PP time in the ice time too).

IMO we have got to cut this D-core down to 7 again or so. Ever since the defense got healthy they played scared not to make that mistake because who ever made that big mistake that night, wasn't gonna dress the next night. During that run we didn't have that mentality on the back end, scared to make a mistake and if you did you got a chance 90 seconds later in your next shift. Zanon will be first gone and won't be surprised if Stoner or another Dman could be gone too with Stoner being a UFA and it is probably someone we can replace during free agency. I really don't know if he is in their future plans just a complete guess. I think a shake-up of some sorts has to happen soon, this is a crucial part of the year. There is always lows to every season but you think they may last for maybe 5-6 games, not 13-15.
This is a good point that's getting glossed over. The "threat" of sitting hasn't improved play, its made it worse. It gives hope for the idea that moving a D-man will improve the play of the group.

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 10:47 AM
  #23
nickschultzfan
Registered User
 
nickschultzfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,944
vCash: 500
Lundin made a ton of mistakes when in played. He wasn't playing better than Schultz by a long shot. Hell, I've been ripping into Zidlicky all year, but I think there is an argument that Zidlicky has been better than Lundin. [Edit - I mean defensively.]

But yes, Stoner and Zanon need to get sat badly. Stoner is a #7 guy who can get slotted in for injuries and to add toughness. Zanon is just bad, bad, bad.

nickschultzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 10:48 AM
  #24
Jarick
Moderator
Doing Nothing
 
Jarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 23,669
vCash: 500
Lundin has played what, half a dozen games? I don't understand how you can scratch him for 10 straight when the team has won 2 games in that stretch.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 10:48 AM
  #25
El Nino22
Registered User
 
El Nino22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 791
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dampland View Post
There is no way that Lundin has played any worse than Schultz. But the "A" does seem to be the difference between who plays and who doesn't.

Lundin never got a chance to "audition" for Yeo because he was hurt in camp. And now Yeo jsut seems more comfortable with his Aeros call ups.

I personally believe that Lundin deserves another 10-15 game "try out", and if he still sucks, bench him again, but I just don't think he has gotten enough of a chance to show his worth.
This is exactly right. Schultz has is a captain and its known that he is a huge part of the locker room. Benching or healthy scratching a guy like that could destroy the locker room and make players lose respect for Yeo especially given Schultz's tenure.

On the other hand the way he has handled another veteran Lundin has been pretty bad, and I would hope it doesn't discourage players from wanting to play here. I think Lundin definitely gets another shot against either Philly or St.Louis. More than likely St.Louis because I could see Yeo saying he wants to give last nights group a chance to respond.

El Nino22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.