HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

COR on waivers

Old
01-12-2012, 11:34 AM
Kaizen

vCash: 500
COR on waivers

Cal O'Reilly on waivers as per McKenzie.

Some time in Portland might be good for him if he clears.

Kaizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 11:37 AM
Sceva Sct
on the edge

Only way he doesn't clear is if Edmonton or Pittsburgh really feel they need a healthy body with all their injuries.

Sceva Sct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 11:41 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

I was glad we picked him up. It was a good gamble. It did not pan out and I'm glad we are cutting bait.

01-12-2012, 11:41 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceva Sct View Post
Only way he doesn't clear is if Edmonton or Pittsburgh really feel they need a healthy body with all their injuries.
As soon as they're healthy and waive him again, we can always scoop him up and assign him.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 11:42 AM
Kaizen

Although with a 1-way contract that might not be what the Don chooses to do.

Old
01-12-2012, 11:45 AM
Colt45Blast
It Works Everytime!

Good ridence!!!! We need better quality players on offense.

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 12:00 PM
Builditagain*

Like all the other Tweeners you have to give the player something to work with that compliments their skills(role) along with the needs of the team.I can think of 8 players off hand that the Yotes have mishandled this year.
Sully Noky KT MacLean Miele Oystrick Poo and COR
While some of the Vets have been given more than a fair shake and benefit of the doubt. With questionable results considering their on ice time and opportunity.
Wake Up GMDM TIP.

Builditagain* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 12:09 PM
Sceva Sct
on the edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkelley View Post
Like all the other Tweeners you have to give the player something to work with that compliments their skills(role) along with the needs of the team.I can think of 8 players off hand that the Yotes have mishandled this year.
While some of the Vets have been given more than a fair shake and benefit of the doubt. With questionable results considering their on ice time and opportunity.
Wake Up GMDM TIP.
I'm probably going to regret asking this but..... how have any of those players you mentioned been mishandled this year?

Old
01-12-2012, 12:14 PM
BUX7PHX

Quote:
Wake Up GMDM TIP.
Wow, where do we even start with this rambling of idiocy?

Turris: he wanted more money than needed and he was not happy in PHX, regardless. We got a good to great return on the trade. What do you want Maloney to do? Sprinkle magic pixie dust on Turris and hope he suddenly wakes up and is excited about his role? He had every opportunity to sign and establish his role as a top line center.

Nokelainen: we went into the offseason with the idea of adding grit and toughness. Chip and he were relative equals, so we kept the player with the better contract, and got a late pick from Montreal.

O'Sullivan: how has he been mishandled? B/c you want him to play? He contributes some, but is no better or worse than other bottom 6 forwards on our team.

Miele: it is an adjustment to the pro game, and while Miele didn't hurt himself, he hasn't stood out to the point where we have to keep him up.

Pouliot: I will deposit my entire paycheck into someone's account if they can say that Pouliot deserved to be on the team from preseason on. Sometimes, you get a diamond in the rough...

Oystrick: he is about the 8th-10th dman, in terms of a depth chart. Every injury we have had has been covered.

COR: the only one that I can say was mishandled, only for the pick we gave up to get him. Outside of that, we were needing to find some play-making at C, and Pouliot's play made him expendable....

BUX7PHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 12:20 PM
knowsthegame

Waiving COR is the right move. We have no place for him on the roster.

knowsthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 12:29 PM
Louiss

Will the Coyotes send him to Portland with that 1,05Million contract if he clears... thats the question.

I sure think they hope he gets claimed

Louiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 01:20 PM
Builditagain*

Quote:
I'm probably going to regret asking this but..... how have any of those players you mentioned been mishandled this year?
Read the previous post.

Old
01-12-2012, 01:58 PM
Kaizen

Quote:
If Edmonton claims COR it could be another example of the Don's creativity. Effectively trading COR for Brule but keeping the $$ relatively similar.
(actually coming out a few sheckles ahead)

The situation would end up not unlike the POS/Vandermeer swap the Don put together with Tambellini last year.

Old
01-12-2012, 03:21 PM
hbk

Well we tried....

Essentially we paid the price of a 4th round pick to put pressure on a player (who's value was apparently only a 3rd round pick) to re-sign with us.

Works out as:
Winnik
Turris (signed at a cap hit of $1.4 million)

for
Rundblad (surprisingly better than a 3rd round pick)
2nd round pick

I get it... Although part of me wishes we had just decided to keep.... Winnik.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 03:25 PM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizen View Post
If Edmonton claims COR it could be another example of the Don's creativity. Effectively trading COR for Brule but keeping the $$ relatively similar.
(actually coming out a few sheckles ahead)

The situation would end up not unlike the POS/Vandermeer swap the Don put together with Tambellini last year.
If rumors are true that there is a team interested in Avery on re-entry waivers and provided the team is not Phoenix (given that Doan is on this team I think that's a safe assumption) I see Maloney being able to facilitate a deal with the Rangers for Avery where we will then lose him on re-entry waivers and be compensated by someone picking up COL on waivers and/or some sort of late round pick.

Old
01-12-2012, 03:25 PM
moosemeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
Well we tried....

Essentially we paid the price of a 4th round pick to put pressure on a player (who's value was apparently only a 3rd round pick) to re-sign with us.

Works out as:
Winnik
Turris (signed at a cap hit of $1.4 million)

for
Rundblad (surprisingly better than a 3rd round pick)
2nd round pick

I get it... Although part of me wishes we had just decided to keep.... Winnik.
I agree, but his salary increases every season were getting ridiculous. Soon he'd be the first fourth line grinder demanding 5+ million lol

moosemeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 03:26 PM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosemeister View Post
I agree, but his salary increases every season were getting ridiculous. Soon he'd be the first fourth line grinder demanding 5+ million lol
get rid of Pyatt. problem solved.

Old
01-12-2012, 03:30 PM
Sceva Sct
on the edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
If rumors are true that there is a team interested in Avery on re-entry waivers and provided the team is not Phoenix (given that Doan is on this team I think that's a safe assumption) I see Maloney being able to facilitate a deal with the Rangers for Avery where we will then lose him on re-entry waivers and be compensated by someone picking up COL on waivers and/or some sort of late round pick.
I think its also safe to assume that Tippett isn't in any real hurry to have Avery inside his locker room again either after what happened in Dallas.

Old
01-12-2012, 04:45 PM
Kaibur

I think acquiring COR was a calculated risk that just didn't really work out. I'm ok with him being waived, though he has nothing left to prove in the A and I'm kind of surprised GMDM couldn't find a trade partner for a similar pick that we gave up or a prospect or something.

Kaibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 05:27 PM
Builditagain*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaibur View Post
I think acquiring COR was a calculated risk that just didn't really work out. I'm ok with him being waived, though he has nothing left to prove in the A and I'm kind of surprised GMDM couldn't find a trade partner for a similar pick that we gave up or a prospect or something.
C'mon man,"has nothing to prove in the A".Give it a shake,he has never scored more than 18 goals and never has advanced past the second round of the playoffs.
If there is anyone that has nothing to prove it would be Sully.Rookie of the year with 47G's and 46A's,averages over a point a game and has been to the Finals and led all his teams in scoring# game played.
Try putting that guy on re-entry waivers, guaranteed to be taken with thay low salary.Cheapskates! Just check the stats especially the ones that say NHL.

Old
01-12-2012, 06:27 PM
BUX7PHX

Quote:
C'mon man,"has nothing to prove in the A".Give it a shake,he has never scored more than 18 goals and never has advanced past the second round of the playoffs.
If there is anyone that has nothing to prove it would be Sully.Rookie of the year with 47G's and 46A's,averages over a point a game and has been to the Finals and led all his teams in scoring# game played.
Try putting that guy on re-entry waivers, guaranteed to be taken with thay low salary.Cheapskates! Just check the stats especially the ones that say NHL.
Then why is O'Sullivan on a two-way contract. Clearly about 30 GMs in the league do not believe that he is capable of putting up similar numbers, no matter how much you think he is....

BUX7PHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 06:32 PM
Bandit34

Good move to waive O'Reilly. It was either him or Pouliot, and the more noticeable player stayed. Although, Pouliot will go down as soon as Hanzal comes back.

Bandit34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 06:42 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
He's been waived plenty. He makes squat and has a two-way deal. Nobody wants him.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 12:25 PM
Swat Ultra
~Hockey!~

TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie
PHX's Cal O'Reilly clears waivers.

Swat Ultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 12:25 PM
Kaizen

So much for my twisted theory - COR clears waivers as per McKenzie.