HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Ana-Sabres

Old
01-12-2012, 07:03 PM
Jame
Dream '16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
Paul Hamilton is hardly more credible than Eklund. It's painful listening to him talk hockey.
regardless, he's 100% correct in this instance.

Roy and Stafford have nowhere near the value that Sabres fans around here believe they do.

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 07:06 PM
Dreakon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
regardless, he's 100% correct in this instance.

Roy and Stafford have nowhere near the value that Sabres fans around here believe they do.
Stafford I'm sure isn't turning heads, I don't know why teams wouldn't gobble up Roy if given the opportunity. Maybe not for Getzlaf, but in general.

Dreakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 07:06 PM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clock View Post
Right, but I dropped Lydman and added Blake as a dump if that would be enticing. I'd add Ennis to that if that's what it took.
Lydman needs to go. He hasnt picked up his play and is playing on the 3rd pairing. He gets paid too much to be on the 3rd pairing.

Believe it or not I would rather keep blake for this year then pay Lydman 3 mil for another year. Remember its not cap space that matters to us. It is cash and Lydman gets pair 3 mil next year.

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 07:08 PM
McTank

Yup I believe it, what do you guys think? Would you do Myers for Getzlaf straight up? It would be a tough call for me but I think at the end of the day Myers is easier to replace than it is to get a elite center. If we did this trade we could go after suter possibly?

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 07:14 PM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

It would make sense for both clubs I guess, Anaheim would probably take that deal.

Play4Miracles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 07:14 PM
gallagt01

To the OP - While many Sabres fans would love to do this deal, I'm not sure Regier would be willing to throw in Adam and Ennis. The organization is high on both. I would certainly build on that, but I don't think Regier would.

To the Hamilton article - while he's absolutely right in that Roy + Staff isn't going to get you Getzlaf, he's wrong in saying that Roy has no trade value right now. He's also being ridiculously smug in saying "I've been saying they've been trying to trade him since June," which I also believe isn't true. Hamilton is an awful media man.

gallagt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 07:22 PM
MagnumForce

The line of Vanek-Getzlaf-Pominville would look really good.....and we would retain Roy as our 2nd line center..or trade him..plus keep what might be a lottery type draft pick in 2012....we would still have other avenues using other players (Stafford, Ennis, Adam) to tweak our roster. I really dont want to give up Myers but it is tempting to get a #1 center like Getzlaf.

MagnumForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 07:25 PM
ImpressedDAHagent
Go sabres

Lol.. 3 firsts a second and our second best forward. Thanks

ImpressedDAHagent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 07:54 PM
slip

People do realize that Gezlaf is signed through next year at which point he's UFA, right? The notion of trading 4-5 very useful players/picks for a guy who might bolt after next year is Crazy Eddie type of insanity.

slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 07:57 PM
sabresEH

What about like Myers + Ennis/Adam for Getzlaf + Sbisa?

sabresEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 08:00 PM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by slip View Post
People do realize that Gezlaf is signed through next year at which point he's UFA, right? The notion of trading 4-5 very useful players/picks for a guy who might bolt after next year is Crazy Eddie type of insanity.
That's a very good point. The Pens traded a bunch of useless crap for Hossa, who is a much better player in my opinion. And he was only about a 30 game rental.

So, here's what I would give up.

Roy, Armia or Adam, Sekera, and a 1st rounder for Getzlaf and Lydman.

Old
01-12-2012, 08:20 PM
static80

Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
Paul Hamilton is hardly more credible than Eklund. It's painful listening to him talk hockey.
Completely false.
Hammy speaks with many teams management personnel.

As for the trade offer in the OP, that's ridiculous and Getzlaf is nowhere near worth all of that. His contract is short.

Derek Roy - 4 mil 1 more season, 2nd rd pick
Luke Adma - ELC and an RFA for a number of years, 2nd rd pick
Tyler Ennis - ELC and an RFA for a number of years, 1st rd pick
Drew Stafford - 3 more seasons at 4 mil, 1st rd pick
2012 1st rd pick

This for Ryan Getzlaf ?
People need to remember, just because players don't perform to expectations here doesn't mean they can't elsewhere. For this team it's all about chemistry and they have near zero. These players listed leave and find themselves playing a different system with different players and chances are they do much better. Take a look at The General or even Connolly for that matter.

Like I said, that offer is just ridiculous.

static80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 08:33 PM
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Originally Posted by volatile View Post
Anaheim laughs and hangs up.
Just to be clear, I said this based on OPs original proposal:

Quote:

Roy
1st(4-8 any later and the value is alot lower and higher and the value is alot higher.)
Adam
Ennis/Stafford

5.75/8.75

Getzlaf
Lydman

vcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 09:12 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

No from Buffalo.

Sure the value is good, but this actually makes us even weaker at center. We can't give up the two best natural centers on the team, even for one that's better than both of them.

Lydman is okay, but this team needs defensemen like Africa needs another civil war.

HockeyH3aven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 09:22 PM
sba

Send a message via AIM to sba
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillsyMyers30 View Post
Hamilton took 5 minutes away from his busy schedule of eating and lobbing softballs at Lindy Ruff/the Players to write something, that's cool of him.

sba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 09:32 PM
walrus

The OP's trade is awful. Getzlaf is a great player, but he isn't going change the Sabres into cup contenders on his own. And more, we pretty much ditched our entire second line and our future in this trade.

I have the same philosophy for the Sabres as I do for the Bills, the team is either good enough to make the playoffs or they need to be bad enough to get a lottery pick to acquire key pieces. This Getzlaf trade will just keep us mediocre because of how much it guts our depth and future.

walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 09:57 PM
dkollidas

Roy
Miller
Adam
Ennis

For
Getzlaf
Hiller

In reality I think it could actually be Roy, Adam and Miller for Getzlaf and Hiller, but for the sake of Anaheim fans, I threw in Ennis. I believe that if this team continues on, they might (MIGHT) keep Ruff, but I think Regier goes, and I think the Sabres new GM might wanna make a splash. A deal like this makes both teams better. Yes, we lose our top 2 centers in Roy and Adam, but we gain a true #1, one of the best in the entire league, probably top-5. We still have a top-5/10 pick to draft a bluechip center prospect, and pieces like Stafford to deal for a reclamation project (Sam Gagner or Derrick Brassard) or even sign a guy like Stoll, Nielsen, Gabrovski, or even Jokinen for a year. If they also traded Gaustad and Boyes for picks they'd be able to draft a considerable amount of young prospects, and possibly walk into next season with a center group of Getzlaf, Gagner/Brassard, Nielsen/Stoll/Grabovski, and Hecht. Also, getting rid of Roy, Stafford, Boyes, Gaustad, and Miller, saves about 20M, along with not having to resign Ennis. This would give us enough room that if we also traded Leopold, we would, at least hypothetically, have room to spend about $6m/yr. on Suter if we could get him to ink a front loaded contract similar to Erhoff's but worth more. This is why the Sabres should trade anyone EXCEPT Vanek, Myers, and Pominville for Getzlaf. He can be the start of building a fantastic team with those other three and our young prospects, like McNabb, Kassian, Armia, Pysyk, Sundher, Foligno, Enroth, etc.

Imagine a roster next season of...

Vanek-Getzlaf-Pominville
Leino-Gagner(2.5m/yr.)-David Moss(2.0m)
Gerbe-Nielsen (2.5m)-Kassian
McCormick-Hecht(1.7m)-Tropp

Suter(6.0m)-Myers(5.5m)
Erhoff-Regehr
McNabb-Sekera
Weber

Hiller (4.5m)
Enroth

dkollidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 09:59 PM
Maximrules

Ok, people realize this: ANAHEIM DOESN'T WANT ROY AND STAFFORD. they want Myers and it's not happening

Maximrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 10:10 PM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpatterson14206 View Post
No from Buffalo.

Sure the value is good, but this actually makes us even weaker at center. We can't give up the two best natural centers on the team, even for one that's better than both of them.

Lydman is okay, but this team needs defensemen like Africa needs another civil war.

lolz

Old
01-12-2012, 10:11 PM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkollidas View Post
Roy
Miller
Adam
Ennis

For
Getzlaf
Hiller
Honest question: How many times have you posted this proposal? 23? Was this number 24? I don't think I've ever seen you post something other than a trade proposal. Not bashing you at all, just making an observation.

Mike Cammalleri, who has a worse contract than Roy and plays a less important position than Roy and just publicly ripped the **** out of his team and his coaches, just got traded for a guy who has scored 27 goals in the previous two seasons and is on pace for the same amount this year, and a 2nd rounder from a relatively poor team. But Derek Roy is not wanted by one NHL team, eh Hammy? Ok, player. Go back to being fat.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 10:17 PM
drinking bleach irl
p trendy tbh

vCash: 300
Bring on the wife jokes

drinking bleach irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 10:27 PM
dkollidas

What can I say, I want it to happen, i think its a very very fair proposal, for the most part Anaheim fans are good with it, and I think most Sabres fans are as well, except those that overvalue (at least IMO) the goaltender position.

But what I'm trying to focus on is what this trade frees us to do. Namely trading Stafford for a reclamation center, signing a free agent center, and going after a guy like Suter (or even Parise).

I'm basically stating that the core, besides Vanek and Pominville, NEEDS to be moved, for the betterment of the franchise. The money saved trading for Getzlaf, along with getting rid of Stafford, Gaustad, Boyes and reducing Hecht's contract, allows us to bring in another player of similar caliber to Getzlaf (i.e. Parise or Suter). That will make us a better team now, and in the future with stockpiles of picks as well.

dkollidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 10:28 PM
McTank

If we did a Myers swap is there any way we would have cap room to add suter from free agency?

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 10:38 PM
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Honest question: How many times have you posted this proposal? 23? Was this number 24? I don't think I've ever seen you post something other than a trade proposal. Not bashing you at all, just making an observation.

Mike Cammalleri, who has a worse contract than Roy and plays a less important position than Roy and just publicly ripped the **** out of his team and his coaches, just got traded for a guy who has scored 27 goals in the previous two seasons and is on pace for the same amount this year, and a 2nd rounder from a relatively poor team. But Derek Roy is not wanted by one NHL team, eh Hammy? Ok, player. Go back to being fat.
Haha I was wondering the same thing. I hope he's been copying and pasting it and not typing it out every time.

To that offer, I truly don't want Hiller back as I'm still scared about his head issues. He hasn't played well this year every time I watch them and it's a big risk to bring him in right now.

thefifagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 10:39 PM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEYAREGOODSCARYGOOD View Post
If we did a Myers swap is there any way we would have cap room to add suter from free agency?
Sure. Too bad both the Rags and Flyers covet him, per LeBrun, have better teams than we do, and play in more attractive cities. Other than that, I like our chances.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote