HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[PHX/OTT] Kyle Turris for David Rundblad and a 2nd Round Pick | Part 3

Closed Thread

Old
01-18-2012, 11:21 AM
Minister of Offence

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinYS View Post
If we can get another Rundblad.. Why not? We gave one away already.
What would we have to give up? It's just not a deal were gonna waste our time with.

If we make a deal at the deadline it'll be to help our team now, and hopefully help us in the future as well. Someone that's already in the league.

Old
01-18-2012, 11:39 AM
guyzeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post
Turris with the Sens

15 Games 3 Goals 8 Assists 11 Points +11

82 Games Pace :

82 Games 16 Goals 44 Assists 60 Points +60

In hindsight, my first reaction on this trade looks so stupid, I have been caught in HF knee-jerk reacting. Fortunately, I was able to come to reason fast enough. Fuhr's reaction on the trade helped me. I realize I really didn't know enough about Turris.
AND his cap hit is only 1.4M for the next two years (1.2m and 1.6M)

Old
01-18-2012, 11:44 AM
nanuuq
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
I think we'd be looking for help right now and not the second coming of Rundblad at best.
Klingberg - 6'3 200lb LW power forward

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/carl_klingberg
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=118542

30 games in AHL, 23 points +4

01-18-2012, 11:45 AM
Pilgore88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
I think we'd be looking for help right now and not the second coming of Rundblad at best.
Klingberg is a forward, his brother is a d-man in the Dallas organization.

Old
01-18-2012, 11:46 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer Farva View Post
Klingberg is a forward, his brother is a d-man in the Dallas organization.
ouuuuu I thought it was the other way around. Dunno anything about the other Klingberg.

Old
02-21-2012, 07:23 PM
thephillyflu

John Klingberg the D plays for Anders Forsberg now but he won't amount to anything on the world class level, if you ask me.
I mean, he's the Rundblad type of defenseman, but with even more glaring weaknesses. Rundblad has got that physical edge, he's a hard hitter, large frame, heavy and can actually play pretty decent defensively, but focuses too much on offense.

When Rundblad plays on the PK he's not half bad, probably meaning that his even strength defensive play suffers because he plays D the way that gives the highest chance to steal the puck, start an odd-man rush and score a goal, not the way that is most likely to prevent the other team from scoring a goal. It'll probably be a constant work in progress.

Klingberg though, has a smaller frame, plays even more offensive minded defense, and doesn't seem to be all that talented defensively even when he focuse purely on defending. Yet his offense is also worse. So I don't believe super much in Klingberg, he couldn't even break the roster for the WJC this year, Rundblad was a bearing player two years in a row.

However, it'll be really interesting to see how this Turris-Rundblad trade turns out. Turris I think is a safe bet, he'll become a decent #2 center in every way, but I don't think he's got much potential becoming anything more than that.

Rundblad could go either way. He could become great, I'm actually almost certain his offensive play will translate in time. But he could peak somewhere around Preissing-level. But since the kind of player that Rundblad is always take some time to adapt to the next level, I think it's pretty probable for Rundblad in 6-7 years to perform along the lines of how Wideman/Wisniewski performs in a good case scenario, or like Ian White or Corvo in a bad case. Worst case Preissing, best case peak Tomas Kaberle/Brian Campbell. By the way... Have you seen his goals and assists in the AHL? The skills translate to the smaller rink and higher pace, but so does the weaknesses as he's struggling defensively. Though Portland as a whole have been playing disastrous defense so it's hard to assess Rundblad's individual D.

Rundblad's the much more exciting prospect, Turris is the safer bet. Only time will tell.

Old
02-21-2012, 07:40 PM
SixthSens
Global Moderator
RIP Kev

Yeah, there's a Kyle Turris thread not even half way down the page. Continue the discussion there.

Closed Thread