HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

sometimes i do not like being a habs fan

Closed Thread

Old
01-13-2012, 12:35 AM
kevlar

vCash: 500
sometimes i do not like being a habs fan

and being lumped in with other habs fans

the way some of you act is the most immature, disrespectful display i've ever seen.

even now that we've acquired a player who had more points than cammalleri at a much lower price, you still feel the need to bring constant negativity and suggest "tanking". trying to point out bourque's inconsistencies even though he hasn't played a single game for us yet.

maybe one of the reasons cammalleri wanted out is because he didn't want to play for some of YOU because of the way YOU act. who could blame him? when your home crowd is a bunch of babies that throw temper tantrums every time 1 thing goes wrong, it sounds pretty demotivating to me.

you throw tantrums when we lose by a goal and throw price under the bus. you criticize our GM for trying to fix what you've been complaining was broken. a GM that took us to game 7 with the cup winners last year. you call out a coach because he doesn't speak french (which is funny because he speaks it wonderfully). you expect new players to be flawless and call them garbage when they make 1 little mistake, you dont even give them a chance. you beg for trades when a player has a bad game.

before you sit and point fingers, take a look in the mirror. the negative fans that are associated with my favorite team once contributed to costing us the best goaltender of all time. yes im talking about Roy. you can point your finger and say it was the coach's fault, but who was mocking him from the stands in that game? Price must be one strong son of a gun mentally for still wanting to put his heart on the ice every night for this team.

Old
01-13-2012, 12:52 AM
76ftw

vCash: 50
This times 1000. People like traitor 8 and others need to GTFO and cheer for the bruins or something.

last season people like them *****ed about size and when we add to it they *****. Annoying to say the least

Old
01-13-2012, 12:54 AM
Et le But

Montreal has the best and worst fans in the NHL. I love the passion and it's one reason I could never be so dedicated to another team, but it's easily exploited and also enables the worst in people.

Old
01-13-2012, 12:56 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76ftw View Post
This times 1000. People like traitor 8 and others need to GTFO and cheer for the bruins or something.

last season people like them *****ed about size and when we add to it they *****. Annoying to say the least

I want size , i want size with TOUGHNESS TOO..

when you trade for a player that your GM claims to have made you better, yet hear this ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVPJojn_DVI

smart fans aren't stupid

Quote:
January 3, 2012 at 8:15 pm - By: Ro Filed under Post Game
Rene Bourque Dragging Team Down

**Upcoming rant on Bourque, don't read if you think he's a great hockey player.**

The Calgary Flames are spiraling downward at a pace that will put the season hopes out of reach by next week. Their inability to even generate shots on goal (paltry 19 tonight) make their play frustrating to watch, but even worse when it comes to generating much needed wins.

Leading the pack in pathetic play is none other than ice cold REne Bourque. I along with other thought that Kelly Hurdeys national call-out of Bourques play was a bit out of line, but given his recent play Bourque could use another reminder. He's single handedly draggin the team down coasting on every shift, never passing the puck, and taking stupid penalties for no reason that end up hurting the team.

Quote:
mrdonkey
Scoring Winger

I will miss the $1.8 million Bourque who worked his ass off and played well above his pay grade at both end of the ice.

I will not miss the $3.3 million Bourque who only played when he felt like it.
Quote:
zamler
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bourque is a classic case of under achieving. He has so much skill and talent, but most often so little drive and resolve. The most frustrating Flame in a long time, but I wish him well maybe a change of scenery will kick his career back in gear.

Quote:
Caged Great
Franchise Player

Exp: Rene Bourque - Just take him anyone. We can spend the 3+ million on something other than a boneheaded lazy player.
Quote:
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:
Send a message via MSN to Poe969

"support you're players" wow. Most Flames fans want Bourque off the team because he's honestly costing us about as many games as he wins for us. I've lost all respect for him as a player and if I saw him in person, I would have asked him the same thing and probably wouldn't have been as polite about it.
Quote:
Red-Mile-DJ
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Just like many other Flames fan, I'm ticked off with Rene Bourque. Kelly Hrudey went off on him about a month ago on HNIC. I had to agree with everything he said. Bourque is uninspired and doesn't give his team the player they deserve out of him. All I see is a kid that doesn't care and could do so much more.

With everyone going off on him on CP, I wanted him to see how I felt. How a lot of us feel. If you think my comment was "trolling" or "stalking", then I guess Twitter has a lot of trolls and stalkers. As it's been mentioned before, he has been engaging with his fans and the public before. If he didn't want to have people make comments at him, he could either make a different account or not be on Twitter at all. There are a lot of hockey players that have Twitter accounts, under anonymous names. Bourque decided to be public with his.

I'll admit that my comment to him may have been a little "harsh", but he put himself out there. In this case I went directly to the cow for the milk. I wanted to see if he'd actually respond or comment on the whole thing.

And now I see that he released a statement today. While I'm sure he had someone write it for him, only time will tell if he actual believes it...and changes his attitude and play.

Quote:
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post

Bourque lost that edge a few seasons ago.

When he first arrived, he'd steamroll a guy to get to the puck. He played a "big man's game." He didn't feel the need to elbow fools and drape himself all over them on the fore-check because he didn't have to. He knew better, or was willing to do the work so it wasn't necessary, I'm not sure.

Either way, that physical edge is gone. All that's left is busy hands and some flying elbows.

Last edited by Habaneros: 01-13-2012 at 01:26 AM.
Old
01-13-2012, 12:58 AM
76ftw

vCash: 50
Kelly Hurdy=always right then

Old
01-13-2012, 01:00 AM
sheed36

This should be fun..

Old
01-13-2012, 01:03 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Who's up for another round of Koombaya?

Old
01-13-2012, 01:30 AM
kevlar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
I want size , i want size with TOUGHNESS TOO..

when you trade for a player that your GM claims to have made you better, yet hear this ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVPJojn_DVI

smart fans aren't stupid
now how about a list of players who have excelled after being traded? its easy to look at the glass half empty.

Old
01-13-2012, 01:31 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
12-30-2011, 09:13 PM #1
puckluck
Franchise Player

Location: Easter celebrations temporarily cancelled in Vancouver.
Exp:

Default Rene Bork
This guy needs to be packaged in a trade before his stink reaches the younger players. What a turd.

Quote:
ComixZone
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

lazy loser.

He simply hasn't been the same player since he got that extension. Disturbing to see a player that has oh so clearly just "cashed out".

Quote:
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Maybe the dumbest player in the history of the NHL.

Quote:
12-30-2011, 09:16 PM #15
flameswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Just a stupid, stupid hockey player. Lots of talent, but damn dumb.

Quote:
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bourque... strong like ox, smart like tractor.

Quote:
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanna Sniper View Post
.....meanwhile back at the CP Doghouse
Butler is sneaking out the backdoor, "ha ha, suck it bork"

I hate to pigeonhole players but Bourque to me isn't a guy that you can count on and I've now seen enough of him that I would consider moving him at the deadline if any team would offer something reasonable. He's too much of a high risk low reward player for me. Tonight's bonehead penalty in OT is unfortunately expected and that's not good enough as we have seen this time after time. I still think of that retarded late penalty he took in a key game last March against the Ducks that cost the Flames a chance at a big win. It's happened too much.

Quote:
12-30-2011, 10:54 PM #62
stormchaser
Scoring Winger

Exp:

He is such a frustrating player to watch. I've rarely seen him using his linemates this year. Instead he selfishly tries to do it all by himself. He's got guys open and just doesn't dish the puck off to anyone. What he doesn't realize is that he would be more effective and more productive if he started passing to his teammates and involving them in the play.

Quote:
2-31-2011, 12:01 AM #69
Igottago
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm surprised we haven't seen more threads like this. Bourque is as unreliable as a player can get. This team is so much better when Bourque is on his game but unfortunately that's less than 10 games per season. Bad player, period.

Quote:
cKy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Watching Bourque play is like watching that one dink on your NHL12 online team who is drunk, wont pass, tries to run the goalie every play, gets 5 penalties a game, goes offside on purpose, then tells all his players on his team to suck his ball$ then dropping out of the game with 2 mins left after causing your team to lose 5-1.

Man I hate those people.
Quote:
12-31-2011, 01:20 PM #106
Igottago
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
First off the Flames already lost the game with their dumb defensive play and secondly I thought the penalty against Bourque was a bad call. It looks like the NHL is out to remove all physical battles from the game and players like Bourque are the ones to suffer. NHL hockey is beginning to suck.
I think the criticism of Bourque goes way beyond just last night's one penalty, and rightfully so. Its funny you think players like Bourque are being hurt by the new style NHL... Bourque is the furthest thing from a battler that I've seen, I'd even go as far as calling him soft, not only physically, but mentally.

I find it amazing that a guy like Huselius was almost universally dumped on by CP and somehow Bourque has a free pass. Why, because he's big? How often does he use that size? Huselius was one of the best value for contract and most consistent producers when he was a Flame. Bourque? We're lucky if he shows up 12 games a season. The guy has a nice scoring touch but little else. When the scoring touch dries up (and it does for long stretches) he does very little to help this team succeed.

Quote:
12-31-2011, 04:21 PM #118
Neeper
Official CP Photographer

Exp:

I hate Bork, I never really liked him. How can someone be so dumb at hockey? Every time he has the puck I cringe! You know he's either going to the net to try and shoot it, or make a weak ass pass attempt. Dude is so damn useless. I can't believe someone can play hockey their whole lives, make it to the show and not know how to pass or use his line mates. This guy is such a dud. I don't want him on the team anymore. Please get rid of him for whatever we can get Feaster!

Quote:
12-31-2011, 06:44 PM #128
flameswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
Well what would you call what Bourque was doing when he got the penalty. Every time he starts to battle he gets a penalty, so what's he going to do when the refs got their thumbs up their rears. Comparing him to Huselius is a joke, Huselius would have backed off before he even thought to take a stride.
Hang on, you're making it sound like it's not Bourque's fault that he takes penalties, but that the poor guy gets called everytime he starts battling, and that it's the reffing that's to blame.

What about the hundreds of NHL'ers who are known for battling tough and don't take penalties all the time?

Also, most of Bourques's penalties are of the lazy variety, hooks, stupid slashes etc. So that argument is't even valid.
Quote:
01-03-2012, 07:58 PM #153
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

The coaching staff should just give bourque's linemates 'I'm with stupid' t-shirts on game day to let them know who they're playing with.
pppp

Last edited by Habaneros: 01-13-2012 at 01:57 AM.
Old
01-13-2012, 02:10 AM
larek

Quote:
pppp
yep --when hes on he can be ahell of a player but not the sharpest knife in the drawer
and not the player he was before the new contract- he either is going to hopefully wake upsome and play smarter or he is going to end up being the object of boos and swearing

Old
01-13-2012, 02:14 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by larek View Post
yep --when hes on he can be ahell of a player but not the sharpest knife in the drawer
and not the player he was before the new contract- he either is going to hopefully wake upsome and play smarter or he is going to end up being the object of boos and swearing
and will end up tradin him for a 5th rounder...

If a common fan can read what he is about , how the heck can't Gauthier see what he just sold the farm on? Gauthier claims we're a better team with Bourque....

I wonder how many calls to scout Pearn?

Montreal Canadian fans,we;re goona be in the hole for years to come .

Old
01-13-2012, 02:23 AM
kevlar

Quote:
and will end up tradin him for a 5th rounder...

If a common fan can read what he is about , how the heck can't Gauthier see what he just sold the farm on? Gauthier claims we're a better team with Bourque....

I wonder how many calls to scout Pearn?

Montreal Canadian fans,we;re goona be in the hole for years to come .
sold the farm?

Old
01-13-2012, 02:27 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

I have to admit that this quote made me laugh.

The coaching staff should just give bourque's linemates 'I'm with stupid' t-shirts on game day to let them know who they're playing with.

Old
01-13-2012, 02:39 AM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

Quote:
pppp
dis is bad.. I went from to

Closed Thread