HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

[MTL/CGY] Cammalleri, Ramo & 2012 5th for Bourque, Holland & 2013 2nd

Closed Thread

Old
01-13-2012, 07:16 AM
habsjunkie2*

vCash: 500
I'd like to see mathman defend this one. I don't think he'll even try, but I'd love to hear what he has to say, I don't expect it to be overly positive.

Old
01-13-2012, 07:18 AM
Sargent Pepper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
I agree with everything you've posted. Too bad my fellow habs fans aren't objective evaluators when it comes to their team. They feel if management makes poor moves it somehow reflects poorly on them, so it's their job to defend each and every move they make no matter how terrible. This move is pure garbage.
at least, your honest enough to agree that you are in a minority on this issue....which is a redeeming quality actually.

That said, most have said that they think it is not a poor move.....its not a great move, but not a poor move....

Old
01-13-2012, 07:19 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargent Pepper View Post

Just the second round pick alone can be worth this trade....especially if the Flames "flame out" next year with an ageing team....and end up being an early 2nd round pick....

To get a player on top with half the cap space and similar stats as Cammie over the last three years is nothing to freak about....in fact, its not bad at all....and reading this board, the clear majority is in agreement...

You seem to be grossly overrating a small player, with no grit upside, no defensive upsides, no speed upside, no playmaking upsides, no "veteran presence in the dressing room" upside, falling down each time he was hit/touched and a scorer that has not been scoring much in the last two years and has been piling up the bad plays.....
What clear majority? From reading the couple of threads on this seems like at best it is a 50-50 split.

Old
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
I guess you said it ...the Cups is won in December...

If you only producing in playoff you suck....

Cammy 29 pts in 26 playoff game how dare he...

Cammy got DUMPED cause Gauthier needs cap room for next year...

He put himself into the corner with over 8 million per in JG AND Kaberle.
How do you perform in the playoffs if you don't ****ing get there?

Old
MM425

Cammalleri hasn't had a good season but I'm surprised how quick people are to forget his phenomenal playoff performances in his tenure here. What have you done for me lately, I guess.

As for the trade, I think we got pretty solid value for Cammy when you factor in salaries. Bourque is a solid forward at his contract and adds size. 2nd round pick is is nice as well.

Assuming he makes it there, I am optimistic with PG as the GM that we will go into fire sale mode at the deadline and he will pull the trigger on trades. We do have some decent assets we could move like A.K , Gill, Moen, Campoli that could yield good return, I think.

Old
01-13-2012, 07:20 AM
Sargent Pepper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
THIS!

Old
01-13-2012, 07:20 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretvincent View Post
I like what he said about Gauthier near the end of the article. Gauthier really has been acting in full blown panic mode all year and has all been lacking class towards the players and coaching staff. (firing people on game days or trading them mid-game.) At least Gainey had more patience and class than Gauthier will ever have. One can only hope that Molson wakes up before Gauthier buries this team more.
How about this?This is why we're going DOWN ....DUMMY at the helm of the ship..
Doesn't see fit to try to get max value , no need because he has built so many cup contenders!

Bob Mckenzie
Quote:
And I can tell you there are a number of NHL GMs who had no idea Montreal was prepared to trade Cammalleri. This was not a player who was shopped around the league. Could Gauthier have gotten more elsewhere or driven up the price

Old
01-13-2012, 07:21 AM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:

Just the second round pick alone can be worth this trade....especially if the Flames "flame out" next year with an ageing team....and end up being an early 2nd round pick....

To get a player on top with half the cap space and similar stats as Cammie over the last three years is nothing to freak about....in fact, its not bad at all....and reading this board, the clear majority is in agreement...

You seem to be grossly overrating a small player, with no grit upside, no defensive upsides, no speed upside, no playmaking upsides, no "veteran presence in the dressing room" upside, falling down each time he was hit/touched and a scorer that has not been scoring much in the last two years and has been piling up the bad plays.....
Please dude, stop with nonsense, cammy is a goal scorer, period, he's struggling this year on a team where everyone is struggling. A 2nd rd pick could turn out, yay!!!!. It could, but better chance it won't. You don't make trades like this based on the assumption that the flames could flame out, lmao. You attempt to get the most for him, Cammy is worth much more than a 2nd round pick.

Please, I don't want to read your outlandish posts anymore. The 2nd rd pick alone could make it worth it, hahaha. Funny stuff, you stay away from any managerial positions with the habs too, ok?

Old
01-13-2012, 07:22 AM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
at least, your honest enough to agree that you are in a minority on this issue....which is a redeeming quality actually.

That said, most have said that they think it is not a poor move.....its not a great move, but not a poor move....
Actually, you'll find that I am in the majority, the minority is the habs fan base on this one. Every one outside of Montreal laughs at us and deals like this, with good reason, they're terrible.

Old
01-13-2012, 07:23 AM
Stylizer1
BoomBapOriginalRap

vCash: 50
Montreal just got Older , slower, and less skilled. Not a good move.

Old
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I don't think he meant anything personal about his comments, but the difference between his reaction and the others on the team is night and day.

Think about it, a couple seasons ago, the team is slumping and Plekanec says "I'm playing like a little girl".

Eller: "I need to be better"

Subban: "I'm embarrassed, I shouldn't be a healthy scratch. I need to be better"

Cammalleri, the player that gives the least amount of effort and the most afraid of body contact: "We are playing like losers".

You can't have that. The weakest link on the team calling everyone out while everyone else is man enough to put the blame on themselves? It's not even a lack of contribution, it's the lack of even trying to contribute.
That "weakest link" has worn the "A" on his Habs jersey in the past. One would think he has earned the right to a frank statement/judgement or two, but I guess not. And since he called everyone out (using the pronoun "we"), I interpret that as owning up to blame on his own part as well, so I don't see why that is blown out of proportion either. He said it, though, so shoot the messenger I guess. Used to be a common expression that one didn't do that very thing, but I guess a lot is different these days. The media certainly can make itself important when it tries to.

Listen, I've never been a huge supporter of acquiring him, I'm not pleased at all with his performance this year, and I do like some of the things that Bourque brings to the table. I don't agree with the asset management, though, and for every move that PG makes that suggests he truly understands the responsibilities in his hands, there seems to be one like this. And the only thing we've been left with as a result is a second straight year of lowered performance and expectations.

Old
Sargent Pepper*

Quote:
Please dude, stop with nonsense, cammy is a goal scorer, period, he's struggling this year on a team where everyone is struggling. A 2nd rd pick could turn out, yay!!!!. It could, but better chance it won't. You don't make trades like this based on the assumption that the flames could flame out, lmao. You attempt to get the most for him, Cammy is worth much more than a 2nd round pick.

Please, I don't want to read your outlandish posts anymore. The 2nd rd pick alone could make it worth it, hahaha. Funny stuff, you stay away from any managerial positions with the habs too, ok?
and he was not struggling last year? Whose fault was it then? the coach? a struggling team?.....why is it always someone else fault?.....he has not performed since that one playoff......stop making him to be what he clearly was not!

Old
01-13-2012, 07:24 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Feaster basically confirmed last night on Sporstnet what we thought. He said and this is out of his mouth that the Habs and Flames had talked deal for a couple of weeks but stopped talking for about 2 weeks due to Bourque's suspension. He then said last night(which is the night of the Cammalleri incident) Pierre Gauthier phoned me and said are we still on and we then worked on something really fast. So basically as much as this was planned one way or another Cammalleri was gone after what happened

Also Mr. Gauthier you dummy if you knew Cammy was going to get traded last night you don't dress him and risk an injury to potentially lose a deal that's being worked out. Unreal here go play 2 periods and then i'll let you know

Old
01-13-2012, 07:24 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
I hope this doesn't blow your mind

How do you get 29 pts in 26 PLAYOFF games
in 2 years as a Hab, if you haven't been there?

As i said before try to replace that.....maybe Darche can score a few more eh?

Old
01-13-2012, 07:25 AM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Read on the Flames boards on Bourque:

"Maybe the dumbest player in the history of the NHL."

P.S: I still like the trade

Old
01-13-2012, 07:25 AM
la25ecoupe

Imagine if obyne was still around..

Emelin - oB'urn

Old
01-13-2012, 07:26 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
What clear majority? From reading the couple of threads on this seems like at best it is a 50-50 split.
Just Major Circles doing what he does best.

Old
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
That "weakest link" has worn the "A" on his Habs jersey in the past. One would think he has earned the right to a frank statement/judgement or two, but I guess not. And since he called everyone out (using the pronoun "we"), I interpret that as owning up to blame on his own part as well, so I don't see why that is blown out of proportion either. He said it, though, so shoot the messenger I guess. Used to be a common expression that one didn't do that very thing, but I guess a lot is different these days. The media certainly can make itself important when it tries to.

Listen, I've never been a huge supporter of acquiring him, I'm not pleased at all with his performance this year, and I do like some of the things that Bourque brings to the table. I don't agree with the asset management, though, and for every move that PG makes that suggests he truly understands the responsibilities in his hands, there seems to be one like this. And the only thing we've been left with as a result is a second straight year of lowered performance and expectations.

a guy who got us 29 pts in 26 playoff games is a weak link...

HA .

Weakest link is our GM

Come to earth...

Old
Sargent Pepper*

Quote:
Actually, you'll find that I am in the majority, the minority is the habs fan base on this one. Every one outside of Montreal laughs at us and deals like this, with good reason, they're terrible.
Who cares what outsiders think? have they seen cammie play the last two years? I am twice at the BC again this weekend (Ott and NYR) and I am glad I don't have to suffer another one of his numerous bad performances over the last two years....

I was a big fan when we got him.....but one year out of three playing at the level he is capable is garbage production.....and when he is not scoring, he is useless as he brings little else to the table.....

Old
01-13-2012, 07:27 AM
pjfanman

Quote:
I agree with everything you've posted. Too bad my fellow habs fans aren't objective evaluators when it comes to their team. They feel if management makes poor moves it somehow reflects poorly on them, so it's their job to defend each and every move they make no matter how terrible. This move is pure garbage.
It's instinct though...in the least, every fan needs to have 'hope'. After a couple of years with JFJ at the helm, that feeling was long gone. I won't say that every move Burke has made has been good..far from it. I will say that he has made the organization younger with a hell of a lot more depth.

The good news is, the next GM (hopefully for your sake) for the Habs will have a lot more pieces to work with compared to what Burke inherited. It can be turned around quickly if the right man is in place. From my perspective, PG is one of the worst GM's I've seen in a long, long time and he needs to be fired soon.

Old
01-13-2012, 07:29 AM
Sargent Pepper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Just Major Circles doing what he does best.
Now I recognize you, when you don't have any valid argument, its back to the personal insults.....that is SO YOU.....we can all easily pick you out in a crowd.....

Old
01-13-2012, 07:30 AM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
and he was not struggling last year? Whose fault was it then? the coach? a struggling team?.....why is it always someone else fault?.....he has not performed since that one playoff......stop making him to be what he clearly was not!
I'm not making him to what he's not. I wanted to trade him as well, but not for a sideways deal and another head case. We need to stop this cycle of mediocrity, we won't do it by trading for Rene Bourque, this team needs a rebuild, a young player with potential should of been the target, a Lars Eller type, not a 30 year old uninspired, not as talented player. This is pure and simply a bad move.

Old
01-13-2012, 07:30 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
a guy who got us 29 pts in 26 playoff games is a weak link...

HA .

Weakest link is our GM

Come to earth...
Just wondering, who are you talking to? FYI, words that appear in " " are often used sarcastically in English. They've been around longer than emoticons, or whatever they're called, and I'm used to them. Besides, did you really get from my post that I truly feel he is the "weakest link" (" " used figuratively, not sarcastically there)?

Old
01-13-2012, 07:32 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
I'm fine with the deal. Both players are streaky and inconsistent and have about the same production. One makes a lot more money and is a very soft player. Not to say that Bourque is some powerhouse but he can't be worse than Cammalleri.

It's been interesting reading about this deal. The Cammalleri I read about that the Habs are losing seems like a mythical creature.

Old
01-13-2012, 07:33 AM
Sargent Pepper*

Quote:
I'm not making him to what he's not. I wanted to trade him as well, but not for a sideways deal and another head case. We need to stop this cycle of mediocrity, we won't do it by trading for Rene Bourque, this team needs a rebuild, a young player with potential should of been the target, a Lars Eller type, not a 30 year old uninspired, not as talented player. This is pure and simply a bad move.
I doubt any teams would have given us a top prospect or a first round pick.....so, considering we get a second round pick that could be high, and a player with half the cap space....I am ok with it!.....not saying it is a great deal, just saying it is not a bad one.....

Closed Thread