HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Welcome Rene Bourque!! (And Pierre Gauthier appreciation thread!)

Old
01-12-2012, 10:36 PM
OneSharpMarble

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post
I'm having a hard time getting excited for this trade because:

-We traded the better player Odd because Bourque outscored him the last two years
-Rene Bourque is big, but doesn't use his body as much as you'd like.Are we getting him to take over for Emelin?
-Coming to Montreal = Production dropIf you didn't hear Martin is gone so maybe less defensive now?
-Length of the contract, the salary cap is perfect, but I'm not sure Bourque will even be worth his salary in Montreal.So what 3.3 is nothing and easily buried, 6 not so much
-Has motivation issues at 30 years oldBecause Cammy was so motivated right?
-Bourque will come in a ****** situation having a ****** season.Same ****** situation in Calgary
-Not sure if Pierre Gauthier made the right decision trading Cammalleri right away. He said the deal was being discussed for at least a month, but I find it funny that he's traded exactly the day after his comments.Yapping to the media is never good, he knew better
-I like the second round pick, but it's for 2013.Ya the year Calgary could totally implode with its old players. They must rebuild eventually
-Gauthier says he still believes this team's playoffs probabilities. Therefore, more trades can be expected.No GM would say "yeah we are done for the year, no playoffs" and ofcourse he needs to move more dead weight, Gill, Gionta and Gomez are on the chopping block.

I'm feeling meh, but I'll wait to see Bourque's and Cammalleri's contributions to their new team before judging the trade.
Bourque is a great 2nd liner who isn't expected to dominate a game, he will be a shooter for DD and that is all we need.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 10:37 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Gauthier says he realized Canadiens need size.

that is what he said TONIGHT .....

a total 180 from his "our small player got big hearts" crap ....

worse gm in NHL .....

For icing a small team they way he did and allow them to get punished, only to flip flop...

He should be ashamed..
I don't approve of the flip flopping, but perhaps this is the result of a long drawn out meeting with team management/scouts/ and Mr. Molson himself over the holidays or past month. Team's do change direction. Look at Burke, pulled a full 180 on his truculance to go with a team built on speed/skill (but he also has a little bit of grit).

I fully approve adding more big body's that can contribute offensively and can defend themselves.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 10:37 PM
JtotheC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroknowledge View Post
As far as I'm concerned Gauthier can EAD.

We're beyond the point of salvaging the season, he needs to be realistic and throw the towel, Bourque will be 33,34 when his contract expires, another long term deal for a questionable player.

I don't care how big he is, my beef is trading for a slightly inferior player when we should have simply asked for picks or prospects, the UFA pools have been weaker every year lately and with crap like manifestations against an English speaking coach even weaker UFA's will think twice about signing here.

This will lead to more crappy UFA's being overpaid and us being sn 8th,9th,10th seed. At one point they need to realize that tanking is the best option for now, unless your drafting has been spot on and your pro scouting too. Well our drafting has been good i'd say but our pro scouting has been a disaster, whoever is in charge needs to get lynched in front of the bell center after every loss.
I understand that the season is pretty much done but do you actually think a GM who is in the hot seat will wave the white flag?

Tell me how many people who runs a team, company and so on would say that when things are not going well. I don't blame him for saying that he is making moves to make the playoffs. He has no choice because he is trying to save his job.

But what's funny is that if ever Gauthier throws the towel, the same people that are angry at him now for trying to make the playoffs will be the same ones angry at him for throwing the towel.

JtotheC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 10:38 PM
Tricolore#20
PK PK PK

Hope people don't expect Rene Bourque to master French.

Tricolore#20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 10:39 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rscorpio View Post
OMG that post was soooo stupid

its not just dropping the gloves.
add a Steve MacIntyre type of player to a group like Max Pac, Cole, Bourque, Moen, AK, Ellers, Emelin and things are differents

now add Steve MacIntyre to Gionta,DD, Pleks, Weber, Diaz, Cammy, etc and nothing will change ala Laraque

Stupid is a strong word.

You can disagree with me. I obviously disagree with you.

Gauthier just completed a trade for Rene Bourque, a player that comes here with a history of laziness and attitude.

Yet some people are giddy with excitement over this because he is bigger than Cammalleri. So be it.

Time will tell how ridiculous this trade really was.

SouthernHab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Please look at the stats of Cammy vs Bourque in the last 3 seasons. Bourque has more goals and points.

Cammy got his big seasons with LA and Calg.

6 million $ this year, 7 next for a guy going downhill...

GOOD TRADE !
Rene Bourque 1 pt in 5 playoff games...

Cammy 29 pts in 26 playoff game as a Hab

A good trade? if you don't like playoffs.

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore#20 View Post
Hope people don't expect Rene Bourque to master French.
Stop with that !

No one expecting any players to learn any French in Montreal.

Just a bilingual coach would be much appreciated.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 10:40 PM
habitue*

Quote:

Is it Bourque's fault that Calgary don't make the playoffs ?

Are we going to make the playoffs this year ? NO !

Old
01-12-2012, 10:41 PM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

Quote:

Cammy hadn't played in the playoffs at all until his UFA year. Just get out of this thread, you're a fool.

WhiskeySeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 10:41 PM
Teufelsdreck

Bourque has more goals this season than Cammalleri and is more physical.The only things I don't like about the trade are the length of Bourque's contract and his low assist totals. The Habs will save cap space each season until Cammalleri's contract expires. In addition they get a second rounder and a prospect. Fans have complained that PG gives up too many second rounders and this time they pick one up.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 10:42 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:

Yes, Cammalleri makes a lot in the next 2 years though, that simply cannot be ignored. A lot of teams care moer about dollars than cap space.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
I don't approve of the flip flopping, but perhaps this is the result of a long drawn out meeting with team management/scouts/ and Mr. Molson himself over the holidays or past month. Team's do change direction. Look at Burke, pulled a full 180 on his truculance to go with a team built on speed/skill (but he also has a little bit of grit).

I fully approve adding more big body's that can contribute offensively and can defend themselves.
and Gauthier finally comes to earth on his all smurf fantasy team,
he says now he realizes he needs size...
OK you could ice a roster of 23 Hall Gills...you got size... BUT your still missing it..

AND that is what Gauthier is STILL MISSING...

Size yes, but TOUGHER SIZE.

Old
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy33Clutch View Post
I would've like to see a 2nd come our way this coming draft, but overall I like this trade (I don't love it). We gave up nothing in the 5th and Ramo's rights, and I think Cammalleri couldn't thrive here, he needs a different situation then here. What we got back is great though. 2nd rounder is sweet, holland and ramo are a great swap for us, and Bourque, though his ceiling isn't as high as cammy, fits the teams needs perfectly.

I know he "doesn't hit",etc but adding one more big body to the top6 will make a difference to the way we organize the forward lines. Even if Bourque plays no better than Cam, we saved roughly 3mil, and thats probably the best part of this trade: getting rid of one of the heavier contracts on our salary cap. Much easier to swallow a 3.3mil contract for a few more years than a 6mil one.

Here's hoping they continue dealing away some of the dead weight and focus on rebuilding through the youth core we have and the upcoming draft.
And another thing is that though the contract is longer, it's totally more tradeable. You could just tell that the way things were going for Cammy, his stock was going to sink like a brick. I'm quite glad that they didn't waste anymore time, and got a deal done now. Also, the fact that he's a bit slow and inconsistent is something i can live with because of his size, and his proven abilities to score in traffic. Cammy was going nowhere here but down, and the fact that we got bigger and cheaper is quite a big deal, imo.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
crazybird87

Quote:

Who cares ? We are not gonna make the playoff anyway.....

crazybird87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 10:43 PM
Delat

The trade isn't that bad, Bourque isn't a grinder but he isn't a superstar at all I agree. The 3M$ we save may come in handy considering we have some players to sign. I honestly I don't thinkg Gauthier has to e fired over that trade, it's not like it'll be the reason we won't make it to the playoffs. It can only be the opposite.

Delat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 10:44 PM
Habblues

People forget that Cammy had a huge start to this season and then the poor bugger got injured and never bounced back.....That happens alot to players....He only said what was true. But he was a loser as well and should have kept those comments within the dressing room. I like Rene and what he brings to our team. We need some attitude and he brings that.

Habblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:

Habs won't be making playoffs for next 3-4 years....

Old
Et le But

Like Price, Bourque has an indigenous background. He does a lot of work with Native American children.

This doesn't mean anything, but I think it's kind of cool to have multiple players of first nations ancestry.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 10:45 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markowicz View Post
And another thing is that though the contract is longer, it's totally more tradeable. You could just tell that the way things were going for Cammy, his stock was going to sink like a brick. I'm quite glad that they didn't waste anymore time, and got a deal done now. Also, the fact that he's a bit slow and inconsistent is something i can live with because of his size, and his proven abilities to score in traffic. Cammy was going nowhere here but down, and the fact that we got bigger and cheaper is quite a big deal, imo.
Accordind to Matheson, a journalist from Edmonton who was talking with Ron Fournier tonight, Bourque is a bit like Latendressse, but a better skater than him.

Old
01-12-2012, 10:45 PM
Frankenheimer

A nice big long contract to add to our collection. Anchors away! At least waving him wont cost much when the time comes. I can't believe we traded the only potential point per game guy on the team for a guy with a super long contract the GM has been itching to trade for a month.

Frankenheimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 10:46 PM
pachorella

anyone knows which jersey number Mr Bourque is gonna wear ??

pachorella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:

Nail. ****ing. Yakupov.

#winning

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenheimer View Post
A nice big long contract to add to our collection. Anchors away! At least waving him wont cost much when the time comes. I can't believe we traded the only potential point per game guy on the team for a guy with a super long contract the GM has been itching to trade for a month.
3.3 is not BIG in today's market.

Old
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Like Price, Bourque has an indigenous background.

This doesn't mean anything, but I think it's kind of cool to have multiple players of first nations ancestry.
Yup, I really like that. Price is such a feel-good story too.

WhiskeySeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
SouthernHab

Quote:

So why trade Cammalleri now? Especially for another team's problem child?

Players are sold at a very high price in the week/days leading up to February 27. We could have gotten a better player and probably a 2nd rounder for THIS YEAR.

Gauthier is very reactionary. To be a successful GM, you must be proactive instead of reactive. You must also sell high and buy low. With Cammy, he basically gave up on getting a higher return for him.

This is the new Canadiens under Gauthier. Terminal ineptitude.

SouthernHab is online now   Reply With Quote