HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Welcome Rene Bourque!! (And Pierre Gauthier appreciation thread!)

Old
01-12-2012, 10:47 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Rene Bourque 1 pt in 5 playoff games...

Cammy 29 pts in 26 playoff game as a Hab

A good trade? if you don't like playoffs.
So what should we do? Keep Cammalleri and trade our draft picks to try and make the playoffs?

Theres more than Bourque, we got a prospect and a 2nd rounder that might end up very high. Next year is a deep draft, these are assets that might help us move up. Bourque himself is either boom or bust, at worst he'll be a decent filler that we can eventually unload. At best he could be a valuable top9 player. The cap space will be much needed to sign our players this summer and maybe a good free agent.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
I wouldn't say destroy but I would rather have someone else. At least, even if he's inconsistent, he can still score 27 goals.
That's 27 goals in Calgary where Cammy scored 39.

Players who come to montreal always go down in Production; Players leaving Montreal go Up in Production!

Next year don't be surprised if Cammy has 30+ goals and Borque has low 20.

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachorella View Post
anyone knows which jersey number Mr Bourque is gonna wear ??
Mister/Monsieur Gauthier did not tell.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
Nail. ****ing. Yakupov.

#winning
they will play Yakupov in Hamilton until he is 22 just to make sure.

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 10:48 PM
TheRedKnight

I like the trade, unloaded a small perimeter player, who seemed to have a serious attitude problem, got rid of his ugly salary (7mil next year) and got back a player with size, whose willing to go to the net.

TheRedKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
That's 27 goals in Calgary where Cammy scored 39.

Players who come to montreal always go down in Production; Players leaving Montreal go Up in Production!

Next year don't be surprised if Cammy has 30+ goals and Borque has low 20.
Cammy was playing with a better Flames team and Iginla was 4 years younger.

Old
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
So what should we do? Keep Cammalleri and trade our draft picks to try and make the playoffs?

Theres more than Bourque, we got a prospect and a 2nd rounder that might end up very high. Next year is a deep draft, these are assets that might help us move up. Bourque himself is either boom or bust, at worst he'll be a decent filler that we can eventually unload. At best he could be a valuable top9 player. The cap space will be much needed to sign our players this summer and maybe a good free agent.

I'll tell you what i do, WAIT till deadline to trade him!!!

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Accordind to Matheson, a journalist from Edmonton who was talking with Ron Fournier tonight, Bourque is a bit like Latendressse, but a better skater than him.
That's alright, no? Seriously, these other GM's aren't stupid. They know that Cammalleri's is not the same player he was a few years ago, and that they don't have to pay a king's ransom to get him. I'd be very surprised to see a better deal then the one we got, very surprised indeed.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 10:49 PM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traitor8 View Post
I don't get how you guys are happy. Bourque is slow! He only had 2 good years his whole career. He;s 30 years old and he's signed until 2015 !!
1- This is an appreciation thread, and you're just a hater troll. Yesterday was Halak is amazing and Price sucks now today this. Be happy dammit.

2- +3M$, +1 prospect with a great 3 junior year, +2 round pick.

3-

Montreal
Highest elevation 233 m (764 ft)
Lowest elevation 6 m (20 ft)

Calgary
Elevation 1,048 m (3,438 ft)

Much lower altitude, so more oxygen to breath which will increase his cardio therefore making him better speed/endurance.

MooseOllini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 10:49 PM
MarkovsKnee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picaroon View Post
Another point to consider, there is a very very good chance Calgary will be much worse next year than they are this year. That 2nd rounder has a pretty high stock if you ask me.
lol Yeah, I thought that too. We'll see. 2013 is looking like a really good draft class, so having an extra 2nd rder for that one is not a bad thing.

MarkovsKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 10:50 PM
pachorella

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Mister/Monsieur Gauthier did not tell.
I'am curious to know his jersey number since 17 is taken by Mr Campoli, in my GM mode I gave Mr Bourque Mr Kovalev's ex jersey #27

pachorella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 10:50 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
So why trade Cammalleri now? Especially for another team's problem child?

Players are sold at a very high price in the week/days leading up to February 27. We could have gotten a better player and probably a 2nd rounder for THIS YEAR.

Gauthier is very reactionary. To be a successful GM, you must be proactive instead of reactive. You must also sell high and buy low. With Cammy, he basically gave up on getting a higher return for him.

This is the new Canadiens under Gauthier. Terminal ineptitude.
Exactly; you keep the best playoff scorer you have til the trade deadline where his cap hit goes down a bit and you have more teams thinking they have a shot at a cup!!!

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 10:52 PM
Thumper17

Flames Fan with a special delivery.

Bourque was our Laziest player, and was starting to get a bad attitude. He's been suspended two or three times in the last three months and on top of it all, when he DOES play, he's so ridiculously good that it pisses you off knowing he only plays half the game every third game.

Thumper17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markowicz View Post
That's alright, no? Seriously, these other GM's aren't stupid. They know that Cammalleri's is not the same player he was a few years ago, and that they don't have to pay a king's ransom to get him. I'd be very surprised to see a better deal then the one we got, very surprised indeed.
And now..........we'll never know.

So we can always say that Gauthier did what he had to do and got the best that he could for Cammy.

The apologies for Gauthier just keep on going. And the team just keeps on getting worse.

Unbelievable.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
they will play Yakupov in Hamilton until he is 22 just to make sure.
If you say so chief!

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
Exactly; you keep the best playoff scorer you have til the trade deadline where his cap hit goes down a bit and you have more teams thinking they have a shot at a cup!!!
But at the end of the day he's still 6m a year for 2 more years. Teams don't usually take on guys to win cups who they have to pay that much money for the foreseeable future.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 10:53 PM
flapshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traitor8 View Post
I don't get how you guys are happy. Bourque is slow! He only had 2 good years his whole career. He;s 30 years old and he's signed until 2015 !!
Last 3 years

80GP - 27G
73GP - 27G
58GP - 21 G
And currently on pace for 26.

At 3.3M$, I'd say it's fair especially compared to Cammaleri's 6M$.

flapshots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Stupid is a strong word.

You can disagree with me. I obviously disagree with you.

Gauthier just completed a trade for Rene Bourque, a player that comes here with a history of laziness and attitude.

Yet some people are giddy with excitement over this because he is bigger than Cammalleri. So be it.
I am not a huge fan of some of Gauthier's deals. But I think this one was pretty good.

He has been comparable to Cammy the past few years. We get a roster player for a few years who can pot 20+ goals at a decent salary. No slam on Cammy. I hope he does well.

What did you want for Cammalleri? You have to realize that he hasn't been stellar. And he makes 6 million. If we are going to be selling this year, we can't just fill our lineup next year with youth. Getting a regular roster player who plays for 3.3 per season along with a 2nd round pick is pretty good.

andy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper17 View Post

Bourque was our Laziest player, and was starting to get a bad attitude. He's been suspended two or three times in the last three months and on top of it all, when he DOES play, he's so ridiculously good that it pisses you off knowing he only plays half the game every third game.
I think if you read this forum you'll quickly realise the reality check is good for both sides here.

Cammy might return to form, but if his play here was any indication: Don't count on it.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 10:54 PM
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged Member

Quote:

Maybe a change of scenery is in order...? Cammy has had terrible work ethic in his 2.5 years here too.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 10:54 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Yup, I really like that. Price is such a feel-good story too.
Yeah, Price's background is one reason it's hard to not respect the guy. I know some people don't care about these things but I like to know where these guys come from.

Bourque has a pretty interesting background too. Obviously won't matter if he doesn't produce but it's hard to not root for a guy who comes from a Métis working class background.

Et le But is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 10:55 PM
Traitor8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBarker View Post
1- This is an appreciation thread, and you're just a hater troll. Yesterday was Halak is amazing and Price sucks now today this. Be happy dammit.

2- +3M$, +1 prospect with a great 3 junior year, +2 round pick.

3-

Montreal
Highest elevation 233 m (764 ft)
Lowest elevation 6 m (20 ft)

Calgary
Elevation 1,048 m (3,438 ft)

Much lower altitude, so more oxygen to breath which will increase his cardio therefore making him better speed/endurance.
I want to be happy but there's nothing to be happy about when it comes to the Habs. That doesn't make me a troll. I don't agree with your opinion and I think the Habs mgmt and team are a disaster! That's my opinion! I hope they win the Cup but they aren't!

There wasn't any need to pull this trade now. Players get traded for a lot more at the deadline. We should of waited for a month.

Traitor8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachorella View Post
I'am curious to know his jersey number since 17 is taken by Mr Campoli, in my GM mode I gave Mr Bourque Mr Kovalev's ex jersey #27
If I was Mister Gauthier, I would trade Mr.Campoli a.s.a.p... Mr Weber deserves to play more.

Old
hogtownhabsfan*

Pretty much every personnel move PG has made has been solid.

Price>Halak, Cole, Moore, Kaberle etc...

His mistakes have been listening to his team doctors regarding Markov, and not having a french replacement handy after firing JM. Bottom line is I think this could be a great trade...

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 10:56 PM
Et le But

Quote:

Sounds a lot like Cammalleri. Maybe it's true this deal was being discussed for a month after all.

Et le But is online now   Reply With Quote