HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Welcome Rene Bourque!! (And Pierre Gauthier appreciation thread!)

Old
01-12-2012, 10:56 PM
habitue*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traitor8 View Post
I want to be happy but there's nothing to be happy about when it comes to the Habs. That doesn't make me a troll. I don't agree with your opinion and I think the Habs mgmt and team are a disaster! That's my opinion! I hope they win the Cup but they aren't!

There wasn't any need to pull this trade now. Players get traded for a lot more at the deadline. We should of waited for a month.
Maybe cammy was a persona non grata in the dressing room anymore. He certainly was not contributing AT ALL. ZERO.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 10:57 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper17 View Post
Flames Fan with a special delivery.

Bourque was our Laziest player, and was starting to get a bad attitude. He's been suspended two or three times in the last three months and on top of it all, when he DOES play, he's so ridiculously good that it pisses you off knowing he only plays half the game every third game.

You are going to be called a fool, an idiot, stupid for posting this or some other nice comment.

There is a HUGE portion of our fan base that would praise Gauthier if he traded for a bag of ****, even if that bag of **** was dropped on those fan's head in the middle of a game.

Gauthier traded a sinus infection for a bad case of Hemorrhoids. To some, that means we wont be sneezing any longer so its fantastic.

Thanks for the reality check that the Gauthier fans are overlooking.

SouthernHab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 10:58 PM
Traitor8

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Maybe cammy was a persona non grata in the dressing room anymore. He certainly was not contributing AT ALL. ZERO.
We don't need contribution now. We need to tank and wait 1 month. We all agree we won't make the playoffs so waiting a month isn't a big deal.

To the person that said Kaberle is a good move ..LMFAO!!!

Traitor8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
they will play Yakupov in Hamilton until he is 22 just to make sure.
Of course. The organisation did this with Latendresse, Leblanc, Subban, Eller and Price after all.

That claim of yours has no basis on reality.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
And now..........we'll never know.

So we can always say that Gauthier did what he had to do and got the best that he could for Cammy.

The apologies for Gauthier just keep on going. And the team just keeps on getting worse.

Unbelievable.
But how long did you really want to wait? His stock was dropping by the game, any one with a half a brain could see that. Imo, Calgary was THE team to trade with, because they're one of the few teams as desperate as us to turn their franchise around. Just because we were able to trade Cammy doesn't mean that a lot of other teams would have traded for him. Sure there could be GM's out there who'll now say, "Oh i didn't know about that, i would have offered something." But how much really? Who wants to take on a 6m a year guy who's struggling and hasn't played very well for quite a while now? You can play the what if game all you want, but at the end of the day we improved our team, there's no doubt about it, imo.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 10:59 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Pretty much every personnel move PG has made has been solid.

Price>Halak, Cole, Moore, Kaberle etc...

His mistakes have been listening to his team doctors regarding Markov, and not having a french replacement handy after firing JM. Bottom line is I think this could be a great trade...
Uh, have you checked the NHL standings lately?

Old
01-12-2012, 11:00 PM
Traitor8

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapshots View Post
Last 3 years

80GP - 27G
73GP - 27G
58GP - 21 G
And currently on pace for 26.

At 3.3M$, I'd say it's fair especially compared to Cammaleri's 6M$.
if he was playing for the habs, it would be:

80 GP - 14 G
73 GP - 14 G
58 GP - 11 G

Offense dies in Montreal. Bourque brings nothing ..oh he's big ..BIG DEAL! he's not tough, he doesn't use it and he's freaking lazy!

He's signed until 2015!! Why COULDN'T WE WAIT 1 MORE MONTH!

Old
01-12-2012, 11:04 PM
Skarjak

Quote:

80 GP - 14 G
73 GP - 14 G
58 GP - 11 G

Offense dies in Montreal. Bourque brings nothing ..oh he's big ..BIG DEAL! he's not tough, he doesn't use it and he's freaking lazy!

For once, I gotta agree with you.

Wait for the trade deadline and you can get a whole lot more for Cammalleri.

We got a better Moen out of this, a scrub prospect, and a 2nd rounder for next year. I'm not impressed.

Skarjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 11:05 PM
Richer

So upset with this trade.

Fine get rid of Cammalleri because you recoginize that this team is not going to go anywhere. Get young players or draft pics. That makes sense if you are a fan of this team.

If you are Pierre Gauthier and trying to save your job bring in a 30 year old french player with a 5 year contract to try to save your ass. Its pathetic. It makes sense for Mr. Gauthier's personal situation but makes no sense for the Montreal Canadiens.

At this point I think William "Boots" Delbagio would be a better owner than Geoff Molson. How could you be so stupid as to let a lame duck GM trade away a core player for a 30 year old with a five year contract.

Are we going to win a cup with Rene Bourque? No. But we will win enough to miss a top draft pick.

I hate Pierre Gauthier and more so Geoff Molson for letting this farce go on as long as it has.

Richer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 11:07 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markowicz View Post
But how long did you really want to wait? His stock was dropping by the game, any one with a half a brain could see that. Imo, Calgary was THE team to trade with, because they're one of the few teams as desperate as us to turn their franchise around. Just because we were able to trade Cammy doesn't mean that a lot of other teams would have traded for him. Sure there could be GM's out there who'll now say, "Oh i didn't know about that, i would have offered something." But how much really? Who wants to take on a 6m a year guy who's struggling and hasn't played very well for quite a while now? You can play the what if game all you want, but at the end of the day we improved our team, there's no doubt about it, imo.
You are thinking like a reactionary, just like Gauthier.

Do you realize how many more games have to be played by every team between now and February 27?

Hockey is a contact sport. I think that it is safe to say that there will be several teams between now and February 27 that are in playoff contention who will have an injury to one of their scoring forwards. And an offensive minded player like Cammy would be just what a team needs for that playoff push.

All a competent GM has to do is look at the situation here in Montreal. Everyone on this team is underperforming. JM had them playing a stifling offensive game that hurt our goal scoring. Next, JM was fired and replaced with an interim Anglo speaking coach in the middle of a **** storm.

A forward looking GM would look at the upside of Michael Cammalleri and what he WILL bring to his new team and NOT at his lack of production in the upside down world of Montreal Canadiens this season.

Think people. Cammy's price would have gone way up on February 26 compared to what we got today.......which is nothing that will help this team to improve in the short run or in the future.

Old
01-12-2012, 11:07 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Uh, have you checked the NHL standings lately?
The GM is responsible for the personnel moves he makes. You can't just look at the standing and put all the blame on 1 guy. But I won't respond to you further, since I'm well aware of the fact you're a troll.

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 11:08 PM
Boardish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer View Post

Fine get rid of Cammalleri because you recoginize that this team is not going to go anywhere. Get young players or draft pics. That makes sense if you are a fan of this team.

If you are Pierre Gauthier and trying to save your job bring in a 30 year old french player with a 5 year contract to try to save your ass. Its pathetic. It makes sense for Mr. Gauthier's personal situation but makes no sense for the Montreal Canadiens.

At this point I think William "Boots" Delbagio would be a better owner than Geoff Molson. How could you be so stupid as to let a lame duck GM trade away a core player for a 30 year old with a five year contract.

Are we going to win a cup with Rene Bourque? No. But we will win enough to miss a top draft pick.

I hate Pierre Gauthier and more so Geoff Molson for letting this farce go on as long as it has.
Rene Bourque is not french.

Boardish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 11:09 PM
Traitor8

EVERYBODY ..please !! for the love of God, if someone DOESN'T agree with your opinion, it doesn't make him a troll!

it makes him a person who has a DIFFERENT OPINION. nothing more! nothing less!

People have different opinions in the world. your friends have different opinions. People at work have different opinions

Old
01-12-2012, 11:10 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:

80 GP - 14 G
73 GP - 14 G
58 GP - 11 G

THIS is what I've been saying. Bourque has 27 goals in each of his last 2 seasons in CALGARY! He would have gotten half of that here.

Cammy will play well in Calgary. I'm certain of it.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 11:10 PM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

The way he wields his weapon... he's got to be a dragonborn. Don't tell anyone but I think we just hit the jackpot guys...

MooseOllini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 11:11 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer View Post

Bourque is not french and he's as much a salary dump as he's a filler to be honest. No playoff team has the cap space to take on Cammalleri's 6m.

Furthermore we got a 2nd round pick and a prospect, its something.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 11:11 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
THIS is what I've been saying. Bourque has 27 goals in each of his last 2 seasons in CALGARY! He would have gotten half of that here.

Cammy will play well in Calgary. I'm certain of it.
I can't wait till Bourque Darche Leblanc line....

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 11:12 PM
habfaninvictoria

I'm not upset to see Cam go... but...

Bourque has motivation problems. Cammy works his ass off in the summer, and was clutch in the playoffs.

If Bourque can come in and lay some bodies out... hey I'm happy.

I'm happier if Bourque can land us another 2rd round pick + at the deadline.

habfaninvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 11:13 PM
coolasprICE

- power forward
- tough as nails
- from quebec
- speaks french

insert sarcasm b4 i get flammed

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 11:14 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
- power forward
- tough as nails
- from quebec
- speaks french
He was born in Alberta.

Madam Kadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 11:14 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBarker View Post
The way he wields his weapon... he's got to be a dragonborn. Don't tell anyone but I think we just hit the jackpot guys...

Bourque has been suspend 2 times in last month for 2 games and 5 games...

Now seeing Gauthier saying this deal was being worked on a month ago, Gauthier must of liked what he seen

Old
01-12-2012, 11:15 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
- power forward
- tough as nails
- from quebec
- speaks french

Rene is not Raymond

Old
01-12-2012, 11:15 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
The GM is responsible for the personnel moves he makes. You can't just look at the standing and put all the blame on 1 guy. But I won't respond to you further, since I'm well aware of the fact you're a troll.
You can look at the moves that Gauthier made in the offseason. You can also look at the moves that Gauthier DID NOT make in the offseason.

This team is woefully lacking on offense, defense and is the softest team in the League.

If pointing that out to you makes me a troll, then by God I am a troll. At least I have the honesty to state that this is one of the worst Montreal Canadiens teams that I have seen in a long long time. And it is all due to the "1 guy" who makes the decisions on who plays here and who coaches here.

No dont respond to me and enjoy the next several seasons of Montreal Canadiens ineptitude. And blame that on the "trolls".

Old
01-12-2012, 11:18 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBarker View Post

We have graduated from being stick-holding trolls to dishonorable retaliators. It's a start.

Madam Kadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 11:23 PM
Traitor8

Quote:
- power forward
- tough as nails
- from quebec
- speaks french

Powerforward? Tough as nails?? Speaks french ?? From Quebec??

Everything you said is not true about Bourque.

When someone is 6'2, it doesn't neessarly means he's phyiscal or tough. He's more like Latendresse than Cole