HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mike Cammalleri Appreciation Thread

Old
01-13-2012, 09:41 AM
Rickkins

vCash: 500
Thanks for everything, Mike. Best of luck out in Calgary.

Rickkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 09:43 AM
Rickkins

Oh, and imho, there is no need to be churlish in an Appreciation Thread. Class up a bit, will ya.

Rickkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 10:36 AM
TinordiandSubban

Cammy was magic in so many big games. Will miss him.

TinordiandSubban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 11:01 AM
dutchy29

I appreciate the fact that hes gone

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 11:06 AM
smon

How easy it is to go from hero to zero. Guy was a one-dimensional pure scorer, had a horrible year this season, but was a big part of that magical run along with Halak. Was the best goal scorer the Habs had in a while.

It's a shame things didn't work out as it seemed they would, he missed quite a few games due to injury aside from this slump.

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 11:53 AM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 12:19 PM
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
I don't know what it is about some people who go on nothing but hearsay. I was told Sergei was an awful teammate, yet there's not a single peep about him in Nashville. Is this a way for you to feel better about the trade?
After S.Kost was traded, there was a Preds get-together dinner where all the players went to meet before the beginning of the season. That was during the pre-season camp.

Everyone went, but Sergei. One of the player said off records that it was strike 1 for him and that he better kick himself in the butt cause everyone knows he had attitude problems in Mtl.

That's how dumb S.Kost is.

Seb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 12:26 PM
Kirk Muller

People have short memories.

This team wasnt built for long term success. This team is so far behind the times. Bob Gainey who built this disaster is still around playing armchair GM behind Gauthier who is just as far behind the times.

Gomez, Gionta, Cammalleri was destined to fail. Too many smurfs on long term contracts. Gomez hasnt scored in like two years, Gionta is breaking down physically. None of us should be surprised.

I appreciate what Cammalleri brought and could have brought if we had a GM with a vision.

Kirk Muller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 01:38 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Considering his production has seriously decreased, we should have a depreciation thread

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 01:41 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Thanks for the memories Mike and best of luck in CGY! Too bad it ended this way

**** this season...

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 05:58 PM
Habsfan18

Remember how excited we all were?

This guy was awesome for half of his time here, and awful for the other half. I'll always remember his playoff performance, and the centennial game.

01-13-2012, 06:01 PM
Born in 1909
Vive la France!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post

Remember how excited we all were?

This guy was awesome for half of his time here, and awful for the other half. I'll always remember his playoff performance, and the centennial game.
Say what you want about him, but he was clutch in the PO's.

Best of luck.

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 06:02 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Good riddance. I have nothing good to say about Cammalleri and his character. Thanks for the second round pick, I anticipate he will be the best player in this deal in five years.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 06:42 PM
InglewoodJack

I was one of the first people who wanted him going into the season the team cleaned house. Super happy the Habs picked him up, he gave us good memories, but the way he left leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Sucks that the best scorer is gone, but at the end of the day, it was necessary.

InglewoodJack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 06:49 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

You'll be missed, Cams. Loved you here and sad it ended this way.

Best of luck to you and the Flames!

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 06:59 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
I was one of the first people who wanted him going into the season the team cleaned house. Super happy the Habs picked him up, he gave us good memories, but the way he left leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Sucks that the best scorer is gone, but at the end of the day, it was necessary.
He hadn't led the team in goals at all during his time here.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 08:17 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

To think how much of a God he was in the playoffs two years ago. Finally we had our pure scorer!

It all came crashing down when he didn't get the C.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 11:02 PM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

I watched the 15min scrum video in Calgary of him and realized a few things. Cammy was a very lonely guy in Montreal around the team and the team wasn't the problem.

As most of you know he's in marketing business for Biosteel and other products and often has meetings, dinners and such. On the road he rarely ate with the team. He rather was catching with friends or on some business stuff. What I'm saying is that outside the rink, he didn't seem to hang out that much with the boys. Gill, Cole and Gionta for instance do tons of stuff with their family and kids as an exemple.

What kept him going the first year and a half was that he was producing and as much as he was doing so, he was happy. Now we all know that not longer after Gio got the C, he injured himself, came back and wasn't scoring at all. When a player has that monkey on their back they always got their teammates to turn to but on Cammy's side being what he is he did not have that relation with them. It's obvious that by the time he got traded he was just floating around not enjoying anything. He wasn't sharp, quick and awake like he use to be.

The truth is that he's that type of player: Well spoken, bright guy but not as bounded to his teammates as he should be and a selfish(not in the meanest way, but you get what I'm saying) when the things are not working out for him. He can be as awesome as much as he can be disappointing. It's his temper and nothing will change it.

Now there's been speculation about personal stories between him and Gorges and maybe Gorge's contract extension made it clear in his mind that he wanted to leave Montreal cuz of that so he just stopped playing but that's a whole other story.

It's on a sad note that he left but I wish him the best of luck in Calgary. He seems to be good friend with a lot of guys there and close to TK (I love tom and I miss him even tho he has a 0W-313L fighting record).

MooseOllini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 03:11 AM
AJMHABS
Beasts of the East!!

Thanks Mike for the great first season and the fantastic playoff performances. My favorite player during the Smurf era, sad it had to end this way, should have stayed beside locker room issues, but **** happens and it was best for the team. But, I ain't that mad because he goes to my other favorite team in the Calgary Flames, although I'm not happy I have to buy another jersey. Best of luck in Calgary and I'll be watching.

AJMHABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 08:27 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Do you guys think Cam was put in the best situation to succeed? I don't.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 08:29 AM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
Quote:
He's been put there now. First line with Iginla, first wave of the powerplay (I'm guessing). He's right back at home where he potted 39 goals just a few seasons ago.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 08:57 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
He's been put there now. First line with Iginla, first wave of the powerplay (I'm guessing). He's right back at home where he potted 39 goals just a few seasons ago.
Pretty much.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 09:08 AM
LeMAD

Cammalleri is washed up. Can't barely skate anymore. Is absolutely weak physically. And will also suck in Calgary. Great trade by Gauthier.

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 09:53 AM
Roulin

Thanks for everything, Mike. The centennial game was magic, and the playoff run was amazing.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 10:05 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
He was early on during his stay, but as he got injured, then came back and played like soft serve ice cream, it led to his reduced icetime....that's a nutshell glance...

Loved his first season, and of course playoffs, was a little disappointed in him last year, I think he dropped a bit because he didn't get the C. This year, he has been a disaster, and some of his PP chances weren't going in, and if he is not scoring, he is offering nothing else to his team....

Lots of people saying he has always been a selfish player, 3 teams in a row now, can't be just a theory...

He provided us with some great goals, and I hope he does well in Calgary, and hopefully Bourque provides us with some size and scoring we have been lacking...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote