HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Have we OFFICIALLY started tanking?

Old
01-13-2012, 08:08 PM
tinyzombies

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferiah View Post
You want to sell roster players for picks (so do I). Picks cannot play next year. (Maybe the guy we nab with our highest pick can.) And you can't take too many players from the farm. So in order to have a lineup after selling regulars you will have to sign free agents.
Hopefully Markov will be back soon, but they have to sort out some of these wuss defensemen we have and get rid of the debris. Would love to see Gleason in an Habs uniform. Hope they keep Gill too. Of course, the Bruins will probably snag Gleason. Then we'll really be doomed.

At least we have Bourque now. So we can have some big bodies out there against the Lucic line if they start. Gill can hang onto Chara (hopefully), Gleason could handle Lucic, and Bourque could go with Horton. That's a START at least. Moen can deal with McQuaid. And all those guys can play.

If we wanted to pick up a goon, that goon better be able to play AND handle Thornton, or else forget it. Not an easy task, not sure that player exists.

And we need to dump Gomez and Kaberle and get a scorer in here (Parise..hehe). Eller will be ready for second line center next year, especially if he doesn't have to carry midgets. Good luck PG.

Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Pacioretty-Eller-Cole
Kostitsyn-Desharnais-Leblanc
Moen- and maybe a goon that can play who can also take on Thornton and not lose

Markov-PK
Gill-Gleason
Gorges-Weber

And dump Budaj as well and get a real backup.

Last edited by tinyzombies: 01-13-2012 at 08:19 PM.
tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 08:09 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Gomez coming back pretty much gave it away.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 08:13 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

As long as Gauthier is still there, I don't see any tanking coming. The guy was allowed by ownership to get a highly paid D like Kaberle so it seems to me like he can still do what he wants.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 08:20 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferiah View Post
You want to sell roster players for picks (so do I). Picks cannot play next year. (Maybe the guy we nab with our highest pick can.) And you can't take too many players from the farm. So in order to have a lineup after selling regulars you will have to sign free agents.
While correct, we can accept a few cellar years to get this ship sailing, in lieu of barely afloat. If we traded Plekanec for a strong return (Colorado's first comes to mind) and sold off the remaining vets, our picks this season, and especially next would be fairly high. We could even reach first overall if Columbus can manage to dig their way out of being the league's annual embarrassment after this off season. In the interim we sign placeholders and play the youth as they develop. High round picks could legitimately crack the line up early and by then our only bad contract would hopefully be Bourque.

Basically lets be Toronto in the most recent years, just keep our firsts and maybe dig out a Seguin.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 08:24 PM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post

Basically lets be Toronto in the most recent years, just keep our firsts and maybe dig out a Seguin.
I agree we should keep our picks. But there is no way we can go without signing some free agents if we sell. I agree about signing placeholders. But I think signing a stalwart Dman or too would be good. D usually takes longer to develop.

andy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 08:46 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
As long as Gauthier is still there, I don't see any tanking coming. The guy was allowed by ownership to get a highly paid D like Kaberle so it seems to me like he can still do what he wants.
I dont think that event is relevant today. At the time of Kaberle's deal, the team looked to be a playoff contender so long as the PP improved. Since then, the PP has gone from 27th to 30th and other aspects of the habs game have fallen apart as well.

At the time of the cammy deal, the habs playoff fate is sealed barring a miraculous winning streak.

The direction that the organization wants to go could have easily changed between the time of the kaberle deal and now.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote