HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[MTL/CGY] Cammalleri, Rämö & 2012 5th for Bourque, Holland & 2013 2nd ‎(Part II)

Closed Thread

Old
01-13-2012, 08:30 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

vCash: 500
Awards:
[MTL/CGY] Cammalleri, Rämö & 2012 5th for Bourque, Holland & 2013 2nd ‎(Part II)

Continue here.

Old
01-13-2012, 08:31 AM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Pandemonium !

Seriously though. Good trade. We save cap space and get a good player in return. Gonna go buy my Bourque shirt soon

Old
01-13-2012, 08:32 AM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

Can't wait to see Emelin wreck Cammy.

Old
01-13-2012, 08:35 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingAvtsin View Post
Pandemonium !

Seriously though. Good trade. We save cap space and get a good player in return. Gonna go buy my Bourque shirt soon
Hope that works out better than my brother with his Cammalleri jersey.

Old
01-13-2012, 08:36 AM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Hope that works out better than my brother with his Cammalleri jersey.
I only bought the T-Shirt. Nobody is untouchable in the Hockey of Today. Thus, never buying a Jersey.

Old
01-13-2012, 08:49 AM
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go

Craig Button is an idiot

This guy is just drooling over Cammalleri when just a couple of weeks ago he was saying hes terrible, not strong enough to play, etc..
On TH2Nite, Button said Cammy and Iginla chemistry can be rejuvenated and they are very UNDERRATED for there passing. Cammalleri hasn't made one good pass this year. These analysts need to think before they talk instead of just blabbing out random irrelevant information. One thing that's funny though is that they say his a smurf and too small cant play physical when, here hes going out west were its even bigger and tougher.

Also while watching the Habs game during 2nd intermission, Crawford, McKenzie and Ward were saying Cammalleri is having a terrible game and showed his low ice-time. After the game there all saying Cammelleri is an elite sniper, he has a knack for the net and makes players better.

Old
01-13-2012, 08:55 AM
Andy

@habsjunkie2

I never once posted in the Cammalleri comments about the team thread, so I don't see what you are accusing me of.

I pretty much felt that once Cammalleri made those comments that he sealed the deal here.

I really don't understand how people think you could have gotten anything more for a 6 million diminuitive sniper who hasn't played well and now has reported attitude problems with 3 teams. Calgary fans complained about his attitude, LA fans have and now Habs fans.

It's been a while that we've all expected Cammalleri to be traded, let's not beat around the bush here.

I really never thought Cammalleri was gonna get more than a late 1st/2nd round pick a mid level prospect. The first time he was traded from LA all he got was a 1st round pick and he didn't have that contract attatch to him/

Old
01-13-2012, 08:55 AM
AreYouHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiensnation View Post
This guy is just drooling over Cammalleri when just a couple of weeks ago he was saying hes terrible, not strong enough to play, etc..
On TH2Nite, Button said Cammy and Iginla chemistry can be rejuvenated and they are very UNDERRATED for there passing. Cammalleri hasn't made one good pass this year. These analysts need to think before they talk instead of just blabbing out random irrelevant information. One thing that's funny though is that they say his a smurf and too small cant play physical when, here hes going out west were its even bigger and tougher.

Also while watching the Habs game during 2nd intermission, Crawford, McKenzie and Ward were saying Cammalleri is having a terrible game and showed his low ice-time. After the game there all saying Cammelleri is an elite sniper, he has a knack for the net and makes players better.
You must watch Cammy's sick pass against Boston December 19 to Plekanek. That was a very sick play, this guy can pass.

Old
01-13-2012, 09:06 AM
marc88

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiensnation View Post

All analyst are hating on the habs these days and why not? They are easy targets with everything that has gone on this season. The truth is their guess is as good as ours as to how this trade will work out. Watch Bourque have success and cam struggle and he'll be saying what a great trade it was for the habs

Old
01-13-2012, 09:09 AM
DenverHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingAvtsin View Post
My main problem with the trade is why now? Making the playoffs is completely unrealistic at this point so I would like Molson to decide if PG gets replaced before making major moves.

Maybe we could have fetched a 1st instead of a 2nd at the trade deadline. If we start unloading contracts, it is crucial that we get the absolute best value for those assets. There is nothing in PG's records that suggests he is able to do that or do it in a coherent manner.

Don't get me wrong, I was never a fan of Cammalleri. There is something about his personality that rubs me the wrong way.

However, I don't understand that trade. I see three possibilities:

1- If PG thought he was making the team better and still has hopes of making the playoffs, he is delusional.

2- If this is the beginning of trading assets for picks and free cap space, then the timing is wrong and we didn't maximize the return on that asset.

3- If this is something in between, let's say just because Cammalleri didn't get along with other players and such, then that's a panic move.

If you think about it, of all the overpaid players on the team, Cammalleri was the most attractive in a possible deal. If we got a 2nd for him, it only goes down from there.

Old
01-13-2012, 09:09 AM
Halifaxhab*

Overall both teams did well here.

Flames get a natural sniper to play with Iggy and go for that playoff spot and they didn't lose any picks this year so it doesn't hurt any rebuild plans. Ramo is an excellent goaltender, and would make a solid backup or even backup plan IF Kipper were traded OR IF he can persuaded to come back to NA. And the 5th is this year so you might get a late round steal.

Habs get a solid 20+goal winger WITH SIZE. Some say he doesn't use it....I say he does, at least to protect the puck. And, I guarantee he is more of a net crasher than Cammy ever was, and that is what we need most, next to a top line centreman with size (I love Eller---no homo---but he hasn't quite reached his potential offensively yet....maybe by next season, but this season will at best be 40pts). But the Habs are heading down the right path. Cole, Patches, Bourque, Kostitsyn...all big guys with varying degrees of physicality who can net 20+ goals each.

Old
01-13-2012, 09:12 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverHabsFan View Post
My main problem with the trade is why now? Making the playoffs is completely unrealistic at this point so I would like Molson to decide if PG gets replaced before making major moves.

Maybe we could have fetched a 1st instead of a 2nd at the trade deadline. If we start unloading contracts, it is crucial that we get the absolute best value for those assets. There is nothing in PG's records that suggests he is able to do that or do it in a coherent manner.

Don't get me wrong, I was never a fan of Cammalleri. There is something about his personality that rubs me the wrong way.

1- If PG thought he was making the team better and still has hopes of making the playoffs, he is delusional.

2- If this is the beginning of trading assets for picks and free cap space, then the timing is wrong and we didn't maximize the return on that asset.

3- If this is something in between, let's say just because Cammalleri didn't get along with other players and such, then that's a panic move.

If you think about it, of all the overpaid players on the team, Cammalleri was the most attractive in a possible deal. If we got a 2nd for him, it only goes down from there.
the way he was playing for us this season, his value was going down pretty much every game he was playing...

Old
01-13-2012, 09:14 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Really good breakdown by McKenzie:

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=384950

Old
01-13-2012, 09:16 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverHabsFan View Post

I think if you have an unhappy player and you don't see him there long term you try and move him...but not at any price. That was my main concern when I heard he was dealt mid game...but I love the return to this point, get bigger, more cap friendly and add assets for the future.

Old
01-13-2012, 09:16 AM
KingRoy33

Guys take in to affect that Cammy has a limited no trade clause which only allows Gauthier to speak with the 7 teams Cammy chooses

Old
01-13-2012, 09:22 AM
The Gnome

Flames fan here:

Good trade for both clubs IMO. Both players seem to want a different situation and you guys needed some cap space.

Just wanted to say, though Bourque doesn't know a lick of french he'll try his best. So take it easy on him. The kid is highly academic and already eaid in his flames exit interview that he is going to work hard at learning french so he can connect with the fans there. I think he will be highly motivated for you guys, he loves Montreal. When he's motivated he has that big body game that I think the Habs could really use.

Good Luck! Can't wait to See Cammy on CBC on Saturday!

Old
01-13-2012, 09:27 AM
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRoy33 View Post
Guys take in to affect that Cammy has a limited no trade clause which only allows Gauthier to speak with the 7 teams Cammy chooses
unacceptable!! Burn Gauthier burn!

that limited his negociation with other NHL gms

Old
01-13-2012, 09:30 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

I wonder if Bourque checked our schedule and noticed that we still have 4 games against the Capitals this year, I'm sure they are going to want to go after him after his elbow on Backtrom

Old
01-13-2012, 09:33 AM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post

Just wanted to say, though Bourque doesn't know a lick of french he'll try his best. So take it easy on him. The kid is highly academic and already eaid in his flames exit !
Most of us here don't care about the French thing. And those that do are raging about the coach. Most of the Habs dont speak french.

Old
01-13-2012, 09:35 AM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Really good breakdown by McKenzie:

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=384950
Interesting read especially this part..

Quote:
And I can tell you there are a number of NHL GMs who had no idea Montreal was prepared to trade Cammalleri. This was not a player who was shopped around the league. Could Gauthier have gotten more elsewhere or driven up the price? Maybe, but it's conceivable he didn't want anybody else and only had eyes for Bourque. Fine, because that's how he'll be judged and judged he will be.
PG could have atleast offered Cammy around the NHL first just to see what type of return he could have received instead of zeroing in on one player.. I'm sorry but I have zero confidence that the Habs will ever win with guys like this running the franchise..

Old
01-13-2012, 09:36 AM
gillyguzzler

I honestly didn't think they'd get much more than a 2nd round pick for Cammy because of his poor play, poor attitude and recent outburst.

Bourque has always played well against the Habs and, for our team's needs now, is a welcome addition. The WHL is a second tier prospect and the 2nd rounder is a big bonus.

Ramo could be excellent but we have Price for years to come.

All in all, it's a bit better than I expected. For all those complaining about Bourque's 3.3 M salary, it's certainly in line with a 25 goal scorer with size.

Old
01-13-2012, 09:37 AM
The Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferiah View Post
Most of us here don't care about the French thing. And those that do are raging about the coach. Most of the Habs dont speak french.
cool, I always wondered if it was a big deal to the fans. I guess I can see why it would be nice to have a french coach, as it must be hard for francophones to understand his interviews.

Everyone knows hockey players just say the same crap during their interviews anyways

Old
01-13-2012, 09:37 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Interesting read especially this part..

PG could have atleast offered Cammy around the NHL first just to see what type of return he could have received instead of zeroing in on one player.. I'm sorry but I have zero confidence that the Habs will ever win with guys like this running the franchise..
Habs got a guy with similar goal production over the last two seasons for half the salary...

not sure many teams would have offered more

Old
01-13-2012, 09:39 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

When I saw this trade this morning on the NHL Network as I was getting ready for work, I thought holy crap that's actually a better return then I thought we'd get. I like the trade since I couldn't stand Cammy and wanted us to sign Bourque when he was a Senior in the NCAA (here's a article I wrote for Habsworld.net 8 years ago, http://habsworld.net/article.php?id=293, at the bottom I talk about Bourque after watching him at Wisconsin as an undrafted FA).

So the Habs save 2M in total dollars over the life of the two contracts as Cammy is owed 14M after this season and Bourque is owed 12M, but the Habs save close to 2.7M a year in cap space next season and the following since the difference of their cap hits (6M - 3.33M)

I like the 2nd rounder next year, hopefully the Flames are worse next season so the pick will be higher. I've heard a lot of good things about next years draft so as long as we keep the pick I like it.

Don't know much about Holland and I'm surprised they added another prospect that will be turning pro this summer as Hamilton is going to be very crowded unless other trades are made. If Tri City makes the Memorial Cup (top rated team in the CHL I believe) it should be fun to see him against our other prospects at the M Cup at least.

Will be interesting to see if the Flames can get Ramo to come over or not, doesn't look like we would have seen him with the Habs ever so not a loss there despite our weak goalie prospect depth.

Old
01-13-2012, 09:41 AM
gillyguzzler

If you want a massive headache, tune in to Team 990 and Tony Marinaro's take on this trade. He makes PK Subban sound like a scholar! What an idiot Marinoro is!

Closed Thread