HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[MTL/CGY] Cammalleri, Rämö & 2012 5th for Bourque, Holland & 2013 2nd ‎(Part II)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-13-2012, 02:45 PM
  #351
SeriousHabs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,667
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
I like Eller, a lot. But had Gauthier actually created a bidding war for Halak I truly think we could have gotten David Backes or someone similar.

Same with Cammalleri. I feel that if a bidding war was created we would have gotten more for him. We certainly wouldn't have gotten less than what we did.
How do you know that there wasn't a bidding war? Even if there wasn't one, you can fake one?

''Hold on buddy, I got a better offer somewhere else, cya!.....''
''Wait, wait! I now up the offer to Eller and Schultz!''

SeriousHabs is offline  
Old
01-13-2012, 02:46 PM
  #352
Coldplay
Courage
 
Coldplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,416
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
How do you know that there wasn't a bidding war? Even if there wasn't one, you can fake one?

''Hold on buddy, I got a better offer somewhere else, cya!.....''
''Wait, wait! I now up the offer to Eller and Schultz!''
Because both McKenzie and LeBrun confirmed that this was a hush-hush deal, and that not all GMs knew he was available...

Coldplay is offline  
Old
01-13-2012, 02:47 PM
  #353
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Because both McKenzie and LeBrun confirmed that this was a hush-hush deal, and that not all GMs knew he was available...
Kevin Allen said that Rick Dudley inquired about Halak. Gauthier wanted Cormier +, but Dudley didn't want to part with Patrice Cormier.

Andy is offline  
Old
01-13-2012, 02:47 PM
  #354
larek
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Why would that happen?

Are you saying Oshie is as good as Lapierre?

This isn't even an argument. It's just stupidity.
LOL- habs gauther and others have a fetish for festerling type players-
and yes Oshie is a better player than Laps but that deosnt mean alot not when it comes to this weird organization- and it wasnt an argument it was a point of view

larek is offline  
Old
01-13-2012, 02:49 PM
  #355
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by larek View Post
LOL- habs gauther and others have a fetish for festerling type players-
and yes Oshie is a better player than Laps but that deosnt mean alot not when it comes to this weird organization- and it wasnt an argument it was a point of view
Your point of view isn't any more valid than me saying "yah we would have traded for Oshie and he would have performed just as well as Cole has been performing here"

It's a stupid comment.

Andy is offline  
Old
01-13-2012, 02:49 PM
  #356
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
How do you know that there wasn't a bidding war? Even if there wasn't one, you can fake one?

''Hold on buddy, I got a better offer somewhere else, cya!.....''
''Wait, wait! I now up the offer to Eller and Schultz!''
It was talked about in the media after the trade that Montreal contacted St Louis and asked for Eller. He did not make Halak available to the league, which is something you figure a good GM would do. I highly doubt St Louis would back down from offering what they did at the minimum.

__________________
Yours in Christ,

waffledave
waffledave is offline  
Old
01-13-2012, 02:50 PM
  #357
guest1467
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 24,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by larek View Post
and we had both of them and the team is still in the dumps- now one is gone and i dont see things get any better -- nope its going to be some bad times for a while hopefully management whoever they are can use that time wisely and use the poor results to there advantage
I don't understand the "we had both of them" comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
Even if it was comparable, we can't expect every trade to be so lopsided. Do you think Dallas fans base all their trade proposals on the value they got for Niiniima?
I don't see how this has any relevance to my post.

-----------------------

I also really enjoy the posters here that are ignoring the fact that Bourque is a good asset in itself.

guest1467 is offline  
Old
01-13-2012, 02:50 PM
  #358
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 24,463
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Brian Wilde likes this deal.
Is there a column or video that we can see?

Lafleurs Guy is online now  
Old
01-13-2012, 02:50 PM
  #359
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
The Atlanta Thrashers talked to the Montreal Canadiens about acquiring Jaroslav Halak before he was moved to the St. Louis Blues. I know the Canadiens wanted prospect Patrice Cormier as part of the deal. Several teams have called about Cormier. Take the Thrashers' interest in Halak as a subtle indication that the Thrashers aren't close to re-signing Pavel Kubina.
http://www.usatoday.com/community/pr...199720956b03f0

Halak wasn't worth Cormier, yet was worth Backes. Sure...in lalala land.

Andy is offline  
Old
01-13-2012, 02:50 PM
  #360
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,142
vCash: 500
Hey. I would had prefer a first round pick or a genuine blue chip prospect for Cammy....

But let be realistic.

The guy is making 6 million $ and has not been a leader, nor our best offensive player neither during his stay in Montreal. Blame it on injuries ? Maybe. Blame it on his size and the size of his teamates ? Maybe.

Our small players have been injured a lot because we did not had anyone big to protect them (or surround/support them).

Gauthier is trying to fix up Gainey's mess. It's scary, but I think Molson gave him orders.

habitue* is offline  
Old
01-13-2012, 02:51 PM
  #361
SeriousHabs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,667
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Because both McKenzie and LeBrun confirmed that this was a hush-hush deal, and that not all GMs knew he was available...
How does that prove there wasn't a bidding war? Do ALL the GMs need to be informed? That seems like a good way to scream ''I am desperate here lol plz offer something!''

SeriousHabs is offline  
Old
01-13-2012, 02:51 PM
  #362
larek
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
I don't understand the "we had both of them" comment.



I don't see how this has any relevance to my post.

-----------------------

I also really enjoy the posters here that are ignoring the fact that Bourque is a good asset in itself.
we had kaberle and cammy- really didnt help not this seaosn- Kaberle was a waste of a trade

larek is offline  
Old
01-13-2012, 02:52 PM
  #363
SeriousHabs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,667
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Hey. I would had prefer a first round pick or a genuine blue chip prospect for Cammy....

But let be realistic.

The guy is making 6 million $ and has not been a leader, nor our best offensive player neither during his stay in Montreal. Blame it on injuries ? Maybe. Blame it on his size and the size of his teamates ? Maybe.

Our small players have been injured a lot because we did not had anyone big to protect them (or surround/support them).

Gauthier is trying to fix up Gainey's mess. It's scary, but I think Molson gave him orders.
Other owners also give orders to their GMs. Some owners tell their GMs to not accept terrible $6M cap hit players, especially if they are set to receive more money than their cap hit.

SeriousHabs is offline  
Old
01-13-2012, 02:53 PM
  #364
larek
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
How does that prove there wasn't a bidding war? Do ALL the GMs need to be informed? That seems like a good way to scream ''I am desperate here lol plz offer something!''
there wasnt any bidding war- there probably would have been at the deadline- Cammy with all his possible sociopathic tendencies still has talent when he is happy and in the right spot

larek is offline  
Old
01-13-2012, 02:54 PM
  #365
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic
 
Captain Smurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Thornhill, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Hey. I would had prefer a first round pick or a genuine blue chip prospect for Cammy....

But let be realistic.

The guy is making 6 million $ and has not been a leader, nor our best offensive player neither during his stay in Montreal. Blame it on injuries ? Maybe. Blame it on his size and the size of his teamates ? Maybe.

Our small players have been injured a lot because we did not had anyone big to protect them (or surround/support them).

Gauthier is trying to fix up Gainey's mess. It's scary, but I think Molson gave him orders.
As head pro scout and Gainey's heir apparent, Gauthier was a huge part of Gainey's mess.

Captain Smurf is offline  
Old
01-13-2012, 02:54 PM
  #366
guest1467
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 24,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Because both McKenzie and LeBrun confirmed that this was a hush-hush deal, and that not all GMs knew he was available...
Once again, this just does not line up with facts and sounds like speculation.

To suggest that, some GMs were not aware that one of the goalies was available considering it was pretty widespread that one of them would be dealt just seems completely hearsay, or the GMs were just boneheads.

And once again, like I said earlier in the thread. This myth that when a GM decides to trade a player that he contacts every single team in the league is ridiculous. It instantly diminishes the value of a player and the position of the GM.

Lastly waffledave, a bidding war for a goaltender is highly, highly unlikely.

guest1467 is offline  
Old
01-13-2012, 02:55 PM
  #367
guest1467
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 24,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by larek View Post
we had kaberle and cammy- really didnt help not this seaosn- Kaberle was a waste of a trade
This has no relevance whatsoever to my argument.

guest1467 is offline  
Old
01-13-2012, 02:56 PM
  #368
larek
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
Other owners also give orders to their GMs. Some owners tell their GMs to not accept terrible $6M cap hit players, especially if they are set to receive more money than their cap hit.
I dont think Molsons have a clue- man they missed the boat more than once in bringing in some fresh new people with new ideas and still hold on to this dreary regime- tells you how clued out they really are

larek is offline  
Old
01-13-2012, 02:56 PM
  #369
guest1467
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 24,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Is there a column or video that we can see?
Still waiting on you to substantiate your claim.

May be I should stop waiting.

guest1467 is offline  
Old
01-13-2012, 02:56 PM
  #370
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Because both McKenzie and LeBrun confirmed that this was a hush-hush deal, and that not all GMs knew he was available...
Those GM's must be complete idiots. Everybody in the hockey world knew that cammalleri could be had the last 48 hours.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
01-13-2012, 02:56 PM
  #371
larek
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
This has no relevance whatsoever to my argument.
LOl no it doesnt its just a tidbit i put in LOL

larek is offline  
Old
01-13-2012, 02:57 PM
  #372
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
http://www.usatoday.com/community/pr...199720956b03f0

Halak wasn't worth Cormier, yet was worth Backes. Sure...in lalala land.
Backes then was not Backes today. He was coming off a poor season and a poor olympics and was far from untouchable.

I even feel Berglund would have been better return, and Berglund was definitely available.

St Louis had nobody in goal at the time. Atlanta had Pavlec, who had as much potential as Halak. They traded Lehtonen because of him.

waffledave is offline  
Old
01-13-2012, 02:57 PM
  #373
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Once again, this just does not line up with facts and sounds like speculation.

To suggest that, some GMs were not aware that one of the goalies was available considering it was pretty widespread that one of them would be dealt just seems completely hearsay, or the GMs were just boneheads.

And once again, like I said earlier in the thread. This myth that when a GM decides to trade a player that he contacts every single team in the league is ridiculous. It instantly diminishes the value of a player and the position of the GM.

Lastly waffledave, a bidding war for a goaltender is highly, highly unlikely.
Also we heard the same "So and so GM didn't know x was available" after the Richards and Carter deals. Even after the Phaneuf, Neal and Gologoski deals. Every time someone significant is moved, you always have the same "so and so GM didn't x was available"

Andy is offline  
Old
01-13-2012, 02:57 PM
  #374
Go Habs Go
Registered User
 
Go Habs Go's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Mississauga
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,448
vCash: 500
So much crying...

Lets wait and see how Bourque does before we crucify someone.

Go Habs Go is offline  
Old
01-13-2012, 02:57 PM
  #375
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Smurf View Post
As head pro scout and Gainey's heir apparent, Gauthier was a huge part of Gainey's mess.
How do you know? You're making assumptions that you or anybody else can prove.

Monctonscout is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:38 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.