HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[MTL/CGY] Cammalleri, Rämö & 2012 5th for Bourque, Holland & 2013 2nd ‎(Part II)

Closed Thread

Old
01-13-2012, 04:14 PM
neofury*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
What was the intention of this trade?

We gave up the better player in the deal and we didn't get much to help us for the future. THAT is beyond dumb. Why bother with these kinds of moves?
Obviously there was some kind of locker room issue. Cammy was being a little *****. Never seen less effort out of that guy than this season and he has the nerve to call out the rest of the team? How many games did we lose by 1 goal when Cammy is paid 6-7 mil and is expected to put up a goal every 2nd or 3rd game minimum?

He had the audacity to call people out and it bit him in the ass. Maybe it was talked about for weeks and the goat was seeing if things could be worked out between he and the other players. Who knows. The point is we don't get to see the whole story. Feaster probably told the goat that if the trade was being finalized he didn't want Cammy getting injured. Definitely Gauthier's professionalism is questionable at times but we obviously don't know the full story.

People are acting like it's the end of the world. Calgary sucks and likely will miss the playoffs next year. Cammy may return to form but he was horrid for us this year. I would've been happy to hold onto him or trade him at the deadline possibly for more but lets at least see how Bourque does. Also Cammy might not play well for CGY.

Old
01-13-2012, 04:14 PM
TheBuriedHab

Mcguire said he likes the trade long term for the habs if they use the 2nd round and cap space well. He also said Tinordi didn't have a good wjc.... Thought he was excellent in the games I saw...

Old
01-13-2012, 04:15 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
The team mess, not just this trade. This trade only amplifies the trouble we're in going forward.
I don't think the team is a mess at all. It was a mess because we had dead weight at high salaries do nothing but sulk. A few adjustments is the team needs. Getting 2.7 in salary to re-sign core RFAs is a start.

Old
01-13-2012, 04:16 PM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStar View Post
Dude, I agree with you that that was an awful move by Gauthier. However, I very much doubt that he does that with bad intentions. Not that that makes in any better. Certainly doesnt, however since I don't know the man nor know his intentions I am not going to attack him personally. I am not going to treat assumptions as facts.
obviously he isnt the manager this org needs to move forwards get back some repectability and do the right things that need to be done to give this team a chance to become a solid franchise a top 4 perennial conference team- its fairly plain to see some of his actions have been almost downright bizzare same with how he comes across in his press conferences- so really why is he still here making big decisions- to me that shows the problem with this team goes up higher than management- you think once he is canned he will be in great demand as a GM by any other NHL team ?

Old
Sargent Pepper*

Quote:
The team mess, not just this trade. This trade only amplifies the trouble we're in going forward.
the only trouble with this trade I see here is how PG will count all those saved dollars and who will be taken with this high 2nd round........while enjoying similar production to Cammie from Rene......

Old

I would trade Weber & Diaz for S. Weber, Price for Bryzgalov and with the concussion problems of Crosby.. maybe he could be had for cheap? Pacioretty and a conditional 2nd should do it. trollololol

Old
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
Mcguire said he likes the trade long term for the habs if they use the 2nd round and cap space well. He also said Tinordi didn't have a good wjc.... Thought he was excellent in the games I saw...
Wow, would have never have thought he would ever say anything positive in regards to the habs.

This has officially become the most overblown trade in history.

Old
Grant McCagg

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverHabsFan View Post
My main problem with the trade is why now? Making the playoffs is completely unrealistic at this point
I stopped reading right there. The Hasbs are 7 points out of the playoffs with 39 or so to go. How the hell is making the playoffs "completely unrealistic"?

New Jersey was 27 points out in early January last year and weren't eliminated until the final week last season. Montreal isn't New Jersey and Cunneyworth isn't Lemaire..but they're not 27 points back either.

If this team was garbage on paper and there wasn't the possibility of a Markov coming back to help I'd say it's pretty well kaput on the season, but I've seen a lot stranger things happen than a team making up seven points in the last three months.

Old
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargent Pepper View Post
You do not know that!
Yes. I do. Cammy is the better player. I would have said this last week. So would you. But now that the trade has been made it's "all up in the air and we have to wait and see..." Yeah right.

Look, maybe Cammy tanks forever and Bourque goes onto become Gretzky. Based on what we know at this moment though, there's not a whole lot of reason to make this trade.
Quote:
......Remains to be seen what the high 2nd round pick will turn out to be.....
It doesn't matter. Based on what we know right now, we know that this pick has about a 25% chance to even become an NHL player let alone star. It's about what we know NOW dude.
Quote:
Jesus, what is beyond dumb is people arguing just for the sake of it and intentionally misrepresent facts...
I could throw it back at you and say... THAT 5th round pick could turn into Guy Lafleur! Does that make sense to you? Of course not. So I don't see why you stubbornly insist that we wait to see what happens with the 2nd.

Old
01-13-2012, 04:17 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Pierre seems rather subdued from what he normally is concerning the Habs for some reason..

Old
01-13-2012, 04:17 PM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
I stopped reading right there. The Hasbs are 7 points out of the playoffs with 39 or so to go. How the hell is making the playoffs "completely unrealistic"?

New Jersey was 27 points out in early January last year and weren't eliminated until the final week last season. Montreal isn't New Jersey and Cunneyworth isn't Lemaire..but they're not 27 points back either.

If this team was garbage on paper and there wasn't the possibility of a Markov coming back to help I'd say it's pretty well kaput on the season, but I've seen a lot stranger things happen than a team making up seven points in the last three months.
Because other teams have 2-3 games in hand and if the teams behind us win their games in hand, we're in the bottom 5? Is that enough?

Old
01-13-2012, 04:18 PM
Schwang

Quote:
What was the intention of this trade?

We gave up the better player in the deal and we didn't get much to help us for the future. THAT is beyond dumb. Why bother with these kinds of moves?
A better player!!!??? You think Cammy would have scored any more than 20 here ever again? Doubt it. Plus, he's small and has a big contract. Plus we get a second rounder.

Old
01-13-2012, 04:19 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
It's amazing. Two underperforming unmotivated players that both teams couldn't wait to get rid of and it's treated like one side knew something the other did not.

The good thing about this is it convinced me to start using my ignore function.

Old
Sargent Pepper*

Quote:
Yes. I do. Cammy is the better player. I would have said this last week. So would you. But now that the trade has been made it's "all up in the air and we have to wait and see..." Yeah right.

Look, maybe Cammy tanks forever and Bourque goes onto become Gretzky. Based on what we know at this moment though, there's not a whole lot of reason to make this trade.

It doesn't matter. Based on what we know right now, we know that this pick has about a 25% chance to even become an NHL player let alone star. It's about what we know NOW dude.

I could throw it back at you and say... THAT 5th round pick could turn into Guy Lafleur! Does that make sense to you? Of course not. So I don't see why you stubbornly insist that we wait to see what happens with the 2nd.
Oh I see, your another know it all who can already state with certainty that Cammie is superior to anything the Habs will draft with that second round pick...!

Ok I get you now, your one of those people that cannot see reason even if it was going to hit them in the face......

Old
larek

Quote:
Wow, would have never have thought he would ever say anything positive in regards to the habs.

hes hoping his buddies molsons will give him a cushy job thats why he isnt slamming habs

Old
01-13-2012, 04:20 PM
larek

Quote:
Oh I see, your another know it all who can already state with certainty that Cammie is superior to anything the Habs will draft with that second round pick...!

Ok I get you now, your one of those people that cannot see reason even if it was going to hit them in the face......
well lets wait and see from past history- i dont think HAbs will draft a player in that 2nd rd beytter than Cammy- if i was betting i would bet on that side- much better chhance of winning

Old
01-13-2012, 04:21 PM
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
I would trade Weber & Diaz for S. Weber, Price for Bryzgalov and with the concussion problems of Crosby.. maybe he could be had for cheap? Pacioretty and a conditional 2nd should do it. trollololol
you forgot to add alain berger in the S. weber trade!

Old
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Loving these posts from Calgary fans just two days ago
Lol all those guys made GREAT points and its nice to see it from another teams fans point of view, thanks for those

Its still settling in that cammy was making SIX freaking million dollars, and i lost sight of that as i only really disliked him for his play on the ice, go figure

Old
Kenny Powders

Quote:
What the **** are you talking about?

You sound like someone who's ready to /wrist in his tub because we traded Cammalleri who was doing nothing but the Prima-Dona here.

Freaking Emos around here for christ sakes.

It's juste 1 bad season and everyone is acting like the end of the world coming. 1-2 victory and everyone is happy. Jesus christ take your Prozac and chill.

Remember when the Caps sucked? when pens tanked? when the Bolts were the laughing stock of the league? well, it's not that way here in montreal, and it will never be. If people can't accept this, well change team because it wont happen.

Old
01-13-2012, 04:23 PM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

Quote:
Of course, he's positioning himself for a job. This late in PG's tenure, GM probably had to okay the trade, hence Mcguire liking his potential boss' decision.

Old
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Pierre seems rather subdued from what he normally is concerning the Habs for some reason..
Agreed, maybe he's been approached for the position.

Old
Miller Time

Quote:
What mess? You can't even call it a mess considering no one in the deal has played a game yet.

That is like calling the Rivet trade a mess.
Simple question:

do you think it makes sense that Gauthier traded Cammalleri without exploring all possible trade options?

*and so you know, I'm not particularly bothered with the deal as it is. Return is probably close to what we should have expected given Cammy's contract and his level of play since signing it. The only hope we had to get more was in PG schrewdly leveraging multiple bids to get one GM, desperate for Cammy's playoff heroics, to bite on something bigger... which he clearly did not do.

the whole "2nd period" thing was a bit strange, but not a big deal in my mind, and I think Cammy's departure, even if Bourque is only marginally effective, is in and of itself "addition by subtraction" (cap space, moving a bad attitude/poor leader), and Bourque, even if he doesn't continue to outscore Cammy, certainly should be able to give us more than the nothing that Cammy brought to the table when he wasn't scoring.

Old
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Obviously there was some kind of locker room issue. Cammy was being a little *****. Never seen less effort out of that guy than this season and he has the nerve to call out the rest of the team? How many games did we lose by 1 goal when Cammy is paid 6-7 mil and is expected to put up a goal every 2nd or 3rd game minimum?
So, you're not happy with Cammy's effort but you think Bourque will be better? Boy are you in for a rude awakening.
Quote:
He had the audacity to call people out and it bit him in the ass. Maybe it was talked about for weeks and the goat was seeing if things could be worked out between he and the other players. Who knows. The point is we don't get to see the whole story. Feaster probably told the goat that if the trade was being finalized he didn't want Cammy getting injured. Definitely Gauthier's professionalism is questionable at times but we obviously don't know the full story.
We know that in situations like this a seasoned GM would calm the waters and be patient. He wouldn't make a knee jerk move like this one yanking out our best pure scorer in the middle of a game against the Bruins in a 1-0 game.

Even his explanation doesn't make sense. He said he had to wait for the suspension to be mostly served? Why not wait until the whole suspension is served then? What is the point in waiting all this time only to now suddenly HAVE to yank our player out in the middle of a game? It makes NO sense whatsoever.
Quote:
People are acting like it's the end of the world. Calgary sucks and likely will miss the playoffs next year. Cammy may return to form but he was horrid for us this year. I would've been happy to hold onto him or trade him at the deadline possibly for more but lets at least see how Bourque does. Also Cammy might not play well for CGY.
It's not the end of the world. It's merely the continuation of doing things as we always do. it's just another example of short term moves at the expense of long term success. Only this time we might not even see short term improvement.

At best it's a lateral move that doesn't address what we've needed to do.

Old
01-13-2012, 04:24 PM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post

chances are not good and even if they did somehow scratch into an 8th spot- so what?no ,common sense this time tells me HAbs WILL very very probably miss the playoffs-

Old
01-13-2012, 04:24 PM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Then how is it you're even responding when up until that point nobody quoted me?
Magic. Notice how many responses you've gotten from me in over a year.

Closed Thread