HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[MTL/CGY] Cammalleri, Rämö & 2012 5th for Bourque, Holland & 2013 2nd ‎(Part II)

Closed Thread

Old
01-14-2012, 06:07 PM
Banner

vCash: 500
I'm a flames fan but always root for the habs in the post-season(yes this is because we always miss it). Happy to see Cam with us again.

IMO Bourque will be wonderful for you guys. Whenever he joins a new team he plays stellar and out-competes your stars and franchise players, which is what he did in Calgary. He also uses his size as a huge advantage. After a while he'll settle into a kind of lazy player, hence this season with us.

That, and I believe Bourque is averaging above 2 goals for games played against MTL, so being with you guys every game is good news.

He's an on and off player, which many of you believe is similar to Cams. However for Bourque, when he is 'on' he is a bigger threat than guys like Iginla, Ovechkin, and Parise when they are 'on'. He also works his ass off every shift. But when he's off he takes dumb penalties that cost you goals and sometimes the game, is a liability offensively and defensively, and gets suspended. Unfortunately the bigger majority for Bourque is when he's off.

This is something that all flames fans agree with: Bourque could easily be a 40-50 goal scorer, top 10 point leader if he gave his effort every night. Hopefully you guys can spark him to become just that.

But I do see him flourishing with the Habs. Best of luck to Bourque, and hopefully Holland and that 2nd become a part of your team in the future.

Old
01-14-2012, 06:07 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by icerocket View Post
Really cause the part I bolded in your last post puts the blame on GMs who didn't inquire about Cammalleri.
but you did also read the part about me questioning whether people believe he wasn't shopped, right?

I made an additional point about the GM who doesn't know that there's a struggling player in MTL. It seems strange the guy didn't know that.

Old
01-14-2012, 06:27 PM
Vandalay Industries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shot View Post
Whenever he joins a new team he plays stellar and out-competes your stars and franchise players, which is what he did in Calgary. He also uses his size as a huge advantage. After a while he'll settle into a kind of lazy player, hence this season with us.

....which he did only once before in the NHL...

Old
01-14-2012, 06:34 PM
Banner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandalay Industries View Post
....which he did only once before in the NHL...
Yeah I guess that kind of takes away credibility on my part, but I expect him to breakout with you guys.

Old
01-14-2012, 06:34 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
I'm a flames fan but always root for the habs in the post-season(yes this is because we always miss it). Happy to see Cam with us again.

IMO Bourque will be wonderful for you guys. Whenever he joins a new team he plays stellar and out-competes your stars and franchise players, which is what he did in Calgary. He also uses his size as a huge advantage. After a while he'll settle into a kind of lazy player, hence this season with us.

That, and I believe Bourque is averaging above 2 goals for games played against MTL, so being with you guys every game is good news.

He's an on and off player, which many of you believe is similar to Cams. However for Bourque, when he is 'on' he is a bigger threat than guys like Iginla, Ovechkin, and Parise when they are 'on'. He also works his ass off every shift. But when he's off he takes dumb penalties that cost you goals and sometimes the game, is a liability offensively and defensively, and gets suspended. Unfortunately the bigger majority for Bourque is when he's off.

This is something that all flames fans agree with: Bourque could easily be a 40-50 goal scorer, top 10 point leader if he gave his effort every night. Hopefully you guys can spark him to become just that.

But I do see him flourishing with the Habs. Best of luck to Bourque, and hopefully Holland and that 2nd become a part of your team in the future.
For his price tag that is perfect. He can sit on our 2nd/3rd line and pot 25-30 goals a year and be as inconsistant as he wants. Cammalleri is getting Sedin money/minutes and for that you get zero leeway. I hope Cammy turns it around for the flames but if he doesn't I can't imagine how hard that contract will be to move.

Old
01-14-2012, 06:49 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBarker View Post
Or you buy a jersey with an Habs Legend name on it like Richard, Lafleur, Roy or Bulis. They are timeless names.
That is what I did. Number 9 no name on back. If you don't know who number 9 is then you don't know Habs hockey. Number 10 isn't a bad one either

Number 19 is a good one as well.

Old
01-14-2012, 06:51 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Rene Bourque's lisp always makes me laugh. Not sure why.

Old
01-14-2012, 06:51 PM
Banner

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
For his price tag that is perfect. He can sit on our 2nd/3rd line and pot 25-30 goals a year and be as inconsistant as he wants. Cammalleri is getting Sedin money/minutes and for that you get zero leeway. I hope Cammy turns it around for the flames but if he doesn't I can't imagine how hard that contract will be to move.
Nah Cammy's contract is nothing compared to Bouwmeester's. JBo to us is Gomez for you guys. But both teams will be above 15M in cap this summer, enough to sign Parise or Suter. Will be interesting.

Old
01-14-2012, 06:52 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:

I hope it works for both teams. Maybe Cammy can become that 30+ goal scorer again. Your team has bigger layers to open lanes for him.

Old
01-14-2012, 07:04 PM
centrehice

rbourque17 Rene Bourque
Can't wait for the game tonight at the Bell Center. Love playing in MTL.
13 Oct

Old
01-14-2012, 09:07 PM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
but you did also read the part about me questioning whether people believe he wasn't shopped, right?

I made an additional point about the GM who doesn't know that there's a struggling player in MTL. It seems strange the guy didn't know that.
I'm sure there were also quite a few GM's that simply weren't interested in Cammy, because of the price tag and his lackluster play.

Old
01-14-2012, 09:15 PM
FF de Mars

vCash: 915
Just a joke, as I'm happy with Bourque (mixed), but we should have traded Turris and a 2nd for Cammy !

Old
01-14-2012, 10:16 PM
Avim86

Terrible trade , Bourque was invisible tonight.

Old
01-14-2012, 10:22 PM
Eddy Punch Clock
Gold Jerry!!!

I picked up Bourque in my fantasy pool the day he got traded. Y'know, change of scenery blah blah blah.....

Does he make his debut tomorrow or does he still have a game remaining in his suspension?

Old
01-14-2012, 10:26 PM
Avim86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Punch Clock View Post
I picked up Bourque in my fantasy pool the day he got traded. Y'know, change of scenery blah blah blah.....

Does he make his debut tomorrow or does he still have a game remaining in his suspension?
Sunday = 1st game.

Old
01-14-2012, 10:27 PM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Punch Clock View Post

Tmmrw he plays

Old
01-14-2012, 10:34 PM
Eddy Punch Clock
Gold Jerry!!!

Thanks guys, and good luck. Hope he provides the spark you guys need. He's got a better chance of making the playoffs with Montreal than Calgary imo; hopefully that lights a fire under his arse.... and gets me some juicy points.

Old
01-14-2012, 10:59 PM
habtastic

after all the CBC "Cammy is suddenly our favourite bestest guy in the world" stuff, I cannot wait for Bourque to punk him and score huge goals. Was a big fan of MC, but he's gone now, let's go René!

Wonder how long before Milbury and Cherry start to hate him.

Old
01-14-2012, 11:08 PM
oleHABSole*

Cammalleri losing a puck battle that leads to a 2-0 lead for L.A lol

Old
01-14-2012, 11:09 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELLERCOPTER View Post
scammy -2

Old
01-14-2012, 11:10 PM
Skyline49

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELLERCOPTER View Post
Yep. Like 6:00 TOI, no shots, -2. Or, in Cammy's world, status quo.

Old
01-14-2012, 11:11 PM
Avim86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline49 View Post
Yep. Like 6:00 TOI, no shots, -2. Or, in Cammy's world, status quo.
But but he is really good in the playoffs , so who cares about season stats!

Old
01-14-2012, 11:15 PM
Skyline49

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK46Awesome View Post
But but he is really good in the playoffs , so who cares about season stats!
Ha, this, 100%. (You might want to add a in case someone thinks you're serious)

Even when Cammers was scoring, I always said that he was a negative on the ice except for the millisecond before and after he scores a goal.

Old
01-14-2012, 11:30 PM
capebretoncanadien

Picking up where he left off.

Old
01-14-2012, 11:34 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Cammy scored

Bourque hasn't even played a shift