HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[MTL/CGY] Cammalleri, Rämö & 2012 5th for Bourque, Holland & 2013 2nd ‎(Part II)

Closed Thread

Old
01-13-2012, 12:47 PM
SeriousHabs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
No. That is not the logic that rebuilders have given you.

What we've said is that you trade vets for picks and prospects. That helps to accelerate the rebuilding process. We did not do this. What we are doing here is delaying that process and slowly but surely sinking in the standings anyway. It's a band-aid on top of a band-aid. That's how we're building our team.

This is of little consolation. Cammy was worth more than what we got. It's been universally agreed upon by NHL analysts and this was echoed again yesterday morning BEFORE Cammy was traded.

Our asset management sucks.

Well we got size and cap space. The former I guess is good that we are at least recognizing the need for this. Too bad it took us over 15 years to understand it. As for the cap space, it's not like any UFAs will want to come here after this fiasco.

In regards to the lottery pick, probably not. Again, its a lateral move that may improve us short term or maybe not. Adding Bourque may actually help us move up in the short term so there's no benefit from that perspective either. Mgmt is not thinking strategically, and as Gauthier said last night they are sitting there trying for 8th place... again.
Last time I checked, we got a 2nd and a prospect in the trade. Also, I doubt that Cammalleri's value was as high as you think. Any trade had to involve salary coming back our way, so we couldn't simply ask for 2-3 picks and prospects.

This trade (like every trade) will take time to assess. We need to see what the team will do with the $2.7M cap savings and with the 2nd round pick. Hopefully Calgary will continue to suck and the trade will be somewhere near the 40th overall.

Old
01-13-2012, 12:48 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
It was a terrible post that didn't deserve a response. There are no assertions, we've been a mediocre, fighting for 8th place team for years. If you need more evidence, perhaps you haven't been paying attention. It looks like fighting for 8th is a generous description these days, trading for lesser skilled guys on longer contracts is unlikely to yield greater success, if you disagree with that, then that is your choice.

Everyone thinks this whole thing was a panic, bush league move and I agree. PG is lost and has made panic move after panic move, it's ridiculous.
As you can see with my avatar I ain't no fan of Gauthier. I'll agree the Kaberle deal was more of a panic move but not this one. Trust me no one on these boards are happy about the Canadiens and the fact that we have been mediocre for years now, no one. With that said last night's trade was not a panic move and not a bad one either. People complain about not even giving RC a chance, how about we wait before talking about Bourque a player who has scored more then Cammy in the past couple of years

Old
01-13-2012, 12:48 PM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
*quote*
*Smartass*

Old
01-13-2012, 12:49 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
as i said all we got was the right to move up 3 spots...that is all we got for Cammy ...

PLUS McKenzie makes mention Ramo could be Flames number 1 in coming years,
which i won't be surprised as he had a relationship with Feaster in Tampa

Ramo has good gga in KHL 1.97 two yr in a row...927 sv %,just another free give away ..
Well that's good for him and up to him to convince him to go to Calgary, we don't care about Ramo and don't need him having Price in Montreal hopefully for his career

Old
01-13-2012, 12:49 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
It was a terrible post that didn't deserve a response. There are no assertions, we've been a mediocre, fighting for 8th place team for years. If you need more evidence, perhaps you haven't been paying attention. It looks like fighting for 8th is a generous description these days, trading for lesser skilled guys on longer contracts is unlikely to yield greater success, if you disagree with that, then that is your choice.

Everyone thinks this whole thing was a panic, bush league move and I agree. PG is lost and has made panic move after panic move, it's ridiculous.
No no actually it was a great post. Cammy's whining was getting on my last nerve, only wished he would have packaged Pleks also. Slowly getting rid of the girls on this team, i guess.

Old
01-13-2012, 12:50 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
As you can see with my avatar I ain't no fan of Gauthier. I'll agree the Kaberle deal was more of a panic move but not this one. Trust me no one on these boards are happy about the Canadiens and the fact that we have been mediocre for years now, no one. With that said last night's trade was not a panic move and not a bad one either. People complain about not even giving RC a chance, how about we wait before talking about Bourque a player who has scored more then Cammy in the past couple of years
Be careful, one defense of a move by management will cause you to get accused of being an apologist.

Old
01-13-2012, 12:50 PM
guest1467

Quote:
*Smartass*
Dude. I made a typo. Cry about it.

Old
01-13-2012, 12:51 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Logic...failure. Does. Not. Make. Sense.
what do you mean?

It's right break it down ...

Cammy =Bourque < which i say Cammy is better.
Ramo -Holland <? Ramo will be in NHL soon

5 gets a 2nd...

All we got for Cammy was a right to move up 3 rounds....that is it ...

plus a salary dump of 3 million...that is what it was all about ..

Gauthier was cornered ...

Old
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
No no actually it was a great post. Cammy's whining was getting on my last nerve, only wished he would have packaged Pleks also. Slowly getting rid of the girls on this team, i guess.
We have no one in our system that can make us afford to trade Plekanec and no one will trade us a better player(center) for Plekanec. Trading him would be so dumb.

Old
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
No yanking a player out of game isn't the sign of a panic move at all, especially after he spoke out to the media. This kind of treatment of a player happens routinely. It was precisely a panic move. It was an embarrassing way to handle things. UFAs will be beating down the door to come here. Perhaps they'll enjoy all the protests and being sent home in hab mid game, but I doubt it.

Old
01-13-2012, 12:52 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Be careful, one defense of a move by management will cause you to get accused of being an apologist.
I'm not worried, it's only 1 poster

Old
01-13-2012, 12:53 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
what do you mean?

It's right break it down ...
Dude.

We traded Cammalleri, a 5th and a useless asset for Rene Bourque, a 2nd round pick, and Holland.

Yet you for some ridiculous, asinine reason that all we got was the "chance to move up three spots in a draft."

Old
01-13-2012, 12:55 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
No yanking a player out of game isn't the sign of a panic move at all, especially after he spoke out to the media. This kind of treatment of a player happens routinely. It was precisely a panic move. It was an embarrassing way to handle things. UFAs will be beating down the door to come here. Perhaps they'll enjoy all the protests and being sent home in hab mid game, but I doubt it.
Cammalleri incident or not, players don't want to sign here unless they get around 1.5 to 2 million more then anywhere else. And yes I agree and said that Cammalleri shouldn't have been dressed to begin with

Old
Habit11

Feels like PG traded a problem for a problem. The fact that Calgary has been offering Bourque for a while after they recently extended him raises red flags. Seems like a wash trade at best, so in that case considering the state of this team, I'd have much rather they traded for a pick and a prospect, which a team that's looking for success in the playoffs would have given up near the deadline, and gained the full $6 million in cap space.

Old
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
No wonder we constantly suck. LOL. We should get rid of our best players at the first sign of adversity. Makes perfect sense, the way Gauthier has been handling this club, you might get your wish. Then we can go bake to the late 90's early 2000's and miss the playoffs every eyar without any prospects of improving, can't wait.

Old
MJG

Any news on Bourque's number?

Old
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
I continued to wonder why the Habs get low-balled on every deal. Now it's the 2nd time I heard comments from a GM(Halak trade being 1st) that they wish they knew the player was available, they would have made an offer.

It's a sign of a terrible GM! Period!

Old
01-13-2012, 12:56 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Dude.

We traded Cammalleri, a 5th and a useless asset for Rene Bourque, a 2nd round pick, and Holland.

Yet you for some ridiculous, asinine reason that all we got was the "chance to move up three spots in a draft."

You really got to look at it man...How can't you see it?

Old
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJG View Post
Yes #27.

Old
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
# 27

Old
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
We have no one in our system that can make us afford to trade Plekanec and no one will trade us a better player(center) for Plekanec. Trading him would be so dumb.
H4L, obviuosly i meant to someone like the Ducks in return for Getzlaf. Like a Cammy, Pleks whatever for him.

Old
Roulin

If the habs can use the cap space gained to help acquire a top 4 dman for next season, I like this trade.

Old
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
27 Kovy's old digs

RB27

Old
01-13-2012, 12:57 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habit11 View Post
Feels like PG traded a problem for a problem. The fact that Calgary has been offering Bourque for a while after they recently extended him raises red flags. Seems like a wash trade at best, so in that case considering the state of this team, I'd have much rather they traded for a pick and a prospect, which a team that's looking for success in the playoffs would have given up near the deadline, and gained the full $6 million in cap space.
Are people seriously brain dead?

WHAT DO YOU THINK A 2ND AND HOLLAND IS?!?!?!!?!?

Not to mention a contending team is somehow going to take on 6 million bucks without sending anything back.

Old
01-13-2012, 12:58 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
H4L, obviuosly i meant to someone like the Ducks in return for Getzlaf. Like a Cammy, Pleks whatever for him.
Totally agree with you , type of player we have been missing forever here

Closed Thread