HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

[MTL/CGY] Cammalleri, Rämö & 2012 5th for Bourque, Holland & 2013 2nd ‎(Part II)

Closed Thread

Old
01-13-2012, 11:58 AM
habsjunkie2*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Dude. I made a typo. Cry about it.
My feelings weren't hurt, trust me.

Old
01-13-2012, 12:00 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
You really got to look at it man...How can't you see it?
What is so hard to see?

Cammalleri
Ramo (useless to us and essentially every team in the league)
5th (essentially useless)

for

Bourque
2nd
Holland.

How many different formats do I need to post it in.

Old
01-13-2012, 12:00 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Are people seriously brain dead?

WHAT DO YOU THINK A 2ND AND HOLLAND IS?!?!?!!?!?

Not to mention a contending team is somehow going to take on 6 million bucks without sending anything back.
Buddah!

WE GAVE CALGARY a 5th!

They gave us back a 2ND....

we didnt get a PURE 2ND ..

We got the right to move up 3 ROUNDS!!!

That is it ..

Your in a line in 5 spot...i say hey Budda come take my spot in 2nd...You moved up 3 SPOTS..
Your know in 2nd I'm in 5th .

That's all the Habs got for Cammy...JUNK

Old
01-13-2012, 12:01 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Once again. Cammy was traded for a late 1st round pick after a tremendous year by LA without a 6 million dollar contract.

What makes you think that he should get you more than Bourque, a 2nd, and a prospect NOW?

Because some "experts on TV told you so?"
I believe that whether we got the maximum we could is not what is questioned here. But if it's true that Gauthier didn't call everybody, I believe this is how you should manage your team.

Now, Gauthier says that he just waken up and we need to be bigger (The same "bigger" that most people here wanted but was told by some others that bigger was overrated...). Well let say he looks at every roster out there and only concentrate on the bigger guys available....is it possible that there were other candidates than Bourque? Just asking. On a minor note, while I know everything won,t be the same, I would have to see that 2nd rounder be #42. While Feaster was able to postpone it one year so they think it could be higher than that. Will still be a very good pick, not 42 was REALLY a good pick at least for what we know of 2012.

Like I said though, it is not a bad deal. But with Gauthier, you always have in mind that it could have always been much better for all kinds of reasons. Will be fun to watch Holland's progression though. And I hope we keep that 2nd rounder.

Let just say that I have more hope that Bourque will be more helpful than Kaberle.....not that it's that hard.

Old
Habit11

Quote:

Not to mention a contending team is somehow going to take on 6 million bucks without sending anything back.
I'd be looking for a deal similar to what Penner got for Edmonton at the deadline when like 5 teams were trying to get him, and not add a lengthy contract too. No need to call names.

Old
guest1467

Quote:
Budda!

WE GAVE CALGARY a 5th!

That is it ..

Your in a line in 5 spot...i say hey Budda come take my spot in 2nd...You moved up 3 SPOTS..

That's all the Habs got for Cammy...
I realize this.

BUT YOU ARE IGNORING BOURQUE AND HOLLAND FOR CHRIST SAKES.

Old
SeriousHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
If the habs can use the cap space gained to help acquire a top 4 dman for next season, I like this trade.
It would have to be a 5-6. $2.7M isn't all that much.

Markov(he will be ready in 9 months, right?)
Subban
Gorges
Emelin
Kaberle (unless traded, but I doubt it)
Diaz
Weber

A big, physical stay at home D would be very nice.

Old
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Mister Gauthier's Neighborhood

Act 1

"It's a beautiful day in this neighborhood,
... Won't you be my neighbor, Mister Bourque"

Changes Jackets, Puts on Slippers.

"Hi Mister Bourque, my name's Mister Gauthier, but you can also call me Monsieur Gauthier."

"Remember when it was your first day of school, Mister Bourque, I do to. Well, you'll also make new friends in Montreal, like Mister McFeely (the deliveryman), Lady Aberlin and Monsieur Gomez."

Old
01-13-2012, 12:03 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Budda!

WE GAVE CALGARY a 5th!

That is it ..

Sorry, but there's a world of difference between 3 rounds. Just look at the history of the draft. Just moving up 3 rounds is big. Now, I would have hope to not give my 5th. Timmins is your greatest asset and again you make him work with less material. But as far as moving up, it is a big gap.

Old
llamateizer

Quote:

this is junk

prospect is stamkos/RNH/doughty player type and a 1st round pick!

Old
andy28

Quote:
Buddah!

Your know in 2nd I'm in 5th .

Um no, its like being in line at 150th or so and moving up to 40th-50th. And we got Bourque, and a prospect.

Old
01-13-2012, 12:04 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

I think in time we'll all be quite frustrated by Bourque, but at 3.3 it isn't nearly as big of a deal.

Old
01-13-2012, 12:04 PM
MJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs23 View Post
Yes #27.

Thanks

Old
01-13-2012, 12:05 PM
habscup

I'm somewhat happy as the 2.7 mllion we save in cap hit and the fact that we traded a "goal scorer" means we will keep Andrei Kostitsyn!

Old
01-13-2012, 12:06 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I believe that whether we got the maximum we could is not what is questioned here. But if it's true that Gauthier didn't call everybody, I believe this is how you should manage your team.

Now, Gauthier says that he just waken up and we need to be bigger (The same "bigger" that most people here wanted but was told by some others that bigger was overrated...). Well let say he looks at every roster out there and only concentrate on the bigger guys available....is it possible that there were other candidates than Bourque? Just asking. On a minor note, while I know everything won,t be the same, I would have to see that 2nd rounder be #42. While Feaster was able to postpone it one year so they think it could be higher than that. Will still be a very good pick, not 42 was REALLY a good pick at least for what we know of 2012.

Like I said though, it is not a bad deal. But with Gauthier, you always have in mind that it could have always been much better for all kinds of reasons. Will be fun to watch Holland's progression though. And I hope we keep that 2nd rounder.

Let just say that I have more hope that Bourque will be more helpful than Kaberle.....not that it's that hard.
But Whitesnake Kaberle is a 50pts d-men

Calgary doesn't have it's 2nd rounder this year, it belongs to Buffalo in the Regher and Kotalik trade, that's why it's 2013

Old
01-13-2012, 12:07 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Sorry, but there's a world of difference between 3 rounds. Just look at the history of the draft. Just moving up 3 rounds is big. Now, I would have hope to not give my 5th. Timmins is your greatest asset and again you make him work with less material. But as far as moving up, it is a big gap.
The right to move up 3 rounds doesn't seem like a solid enough return for Mike.

I'm talking a guy that has 430 pts vs a guy with 230 something ....
One who is a sniper in playoffs/the other nothing .

Then we throw Ramo in on top ,who we might see as Number 1 or challenge for it in Calgary ,when they deal Kipper.

Just ludicrous ..

Old
Strik_IX
No excuses!

vCash: 1395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
Act 1

"It's a beautiful day in this neighborhood,
... Won't you be my neighbor, Mister Bourque"

Changes Jackets, Puts on Slippers.

"Hi Mister Bourque, my name's Mister Gauthier, but you can also call me Monsieur Gauthier."

"Remember when it was your first day of school, Mister Bourque, I do to. Well, you'll also make new friends in Montreal, like Mister McFeely (the deliveryman), Lady Aberlin and Monsieur Gomez."
Bets post in this thread, bar none !

Old
Ceux de Montreal
Horrible proposal!!!

Quote:
I realize this.

BUT YOU ARE IGNORING BOURQUE AND HOLLAND FOR CHRIST SAKES.
This made me laugh

Old
01-13-2012, 12:08 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
It would have to be a 5-6. $2.7M isn't all that much.
Well, it would be a Hal Gill replacement. Added to Gill's 2.25 mil, that's close to 5mil to play with.

Old
01-13-2012, 12:08 PM
guest1467

Quote:

The thing I like to do is avoid the "we could have gotten this" or the "we could have gotten better" game that so many posts fall into for some reason. For a few reasons:

1) It is complete speculation.
2) It is both inconsequential to reality and the present.
3) It commonly ignores the difficulty of making a trade in this league.

The Halak trade is a great example. People were going off and on about how we could have gotten that, or we could have gotten this. Or that Gauthier didn't shop him to enough takers. But at the end of the day, we got a great return. And is it possible that there was some remote chance that we could have gotten more? Yes. It is likely? Not in the least.

There is some myth around here that when some GM decides to trade a player, he sends a fax out to every GM in the league. THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN FOR GOOD PLAYERS. Why?

Because it instantly diminishes the value of a player and puts yourself at a weakness.

Value is increased through negotiation, not through auction, UNLESS, there is 2 or 3 GMs that are extremely interested and willing to battle each other (which is unlikely in the case of Halak or Cammalleri).

At the end of the day, all I do is analyze the trade for what we got. Why? Because it is 100% reality. And when looking at the trade, I conclude that this is good value, may be even great value compared to what Cammy fetched for LA.

Old
01-13-2012, 12:09 PM
andy28

Quote:
The right to move up 3 rounds doesn't seem like a solid enough return for Mike.
That's why we also got a prospect and 20+ goal scorer who makes 3.3 million.

Old
01-13-2012, 12:10 PM
SeriousHabs

Quote:
I believe that whether we got the maximum we could is not what is questioned here. But if it's true that Gauthier didn't call everybody, I believe this is how you should manage your team.Now, Gauthier says that he just waken up and we need to be bigger (The same "bigger" that most people here wanted but was told by some others that bigger was overrated...). Well let say he looks at every roster out there and only concentrate on the bigger guys available....is it possible that there were other candidates than Bourque? Just asking. On a minor note, while I know everything won,t be the same, I would have to see that 2nd rounder be #42. While Feaster was able to postpone it one year so they think it could be higher than that. Will still be a very good pick, not 42 was REALLY a good pick at least for what we know of 2012.

Well first of all, he couldn't call everybody. He could only call 22 teams, as Cammy had an NTC to 7 teams. If you are Gauthier, you probably do not want to trade him inside our division/future-conference (I would have. Would love to play against that softy). That may also remove Boston, Toronto, Ottawa, Buffalo, Florida and Tampa to the mix. There might have been overlap from Cammy's list, but who knows?

Maybe Gauthier called St-Louis, Detroit, Chicago, Vancouver, Philly, NYR and other top teams and he got greeted with a big ''HAHAHAHAHA LOL GTFO''. Maybe Columbus only offered Derrick Brassard. Maybe Phoenix, Dallas, NJ and Nashville said that $6M was way too high. Maybe San Jose only wanted to trade him for an equivalent salary.

Maybe Gauthier only called Calgary. Even then, he could tell Feaster that he has 4 more offers on the table.

More realistically, everyone here is overvaluing a soft sniper on pace for 17 goals who has a $6M cap hit for two seasons.

Old
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs23 View Post
I continued to wonder why the Habs get low-balled on every deal. Now it's the 2nd time I heard comments from a GM(Halak trade being 1st) that they wish they knew the player was available, they would have made an offer.

It's a sign of a terrible GM! Period!
We heard the same things when Carter and Richards were moved. Even when Phaneuf and Pronger were moved the same thing was reported. It seems like every time a significant player is dealt, some GMs somewhere say this stuff.

Old
NotProkofievian

Arguing about the pick is useless. It's probably the best part about the trade, along with cap space.

The problem with the trade is the philosophy. The main portion of the trade is a roster player. The only roster player we should've taken back in the trade is someone to make the trade more cap neutral. The main piece should have been prospects and picks.

Unfortunately, this signifies that Gauthier thinks this is either a cup contending team, or he doesn't give a **** about making a cup contending team, or Molson only cares about recovering the investment he made in the team as quick as possible, and Gauthier is following orders.

I really hope it isn't the last one. The other two will catch up to him. The last one is particularly nasty, though.

Old
Habsawce

vCash: 200
The deal is done, over with. As fans there's nothing we can do but try to take the positives out of it and cheer for the team you love.

If you can't muster that up then you have larger problems then what the Montreal Canadiens do. Should probably check your blood pressure and just chill.

Closed Thread