HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Datsyuk

Closed Thread

Old
04-20-2012, 09:59 PM
Flowah
#FireHolland

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
At least he set up plays.
Tat bum Franzen got bumped to the 4th line for a reason.
Yeah in the last period of the elimination game....

Datsyuk hasn't looked "up to form" to me the whole year. Before this year, he was IMPOSSIBLE to knock off the puck. He never fell down. He fell a lot more this year. Before this year, if I saw him go into the corner with 2-3 of their team, I expected him to come away with it and I'd be rewarded 90% of the time. Not this year.

And I've been saying those things all year. It's something I noticed. Especially the falling down part which is sad.

Old
04-20-2012, 10:16 PM
ProPAIN
Waar is da feestje?!

Give him some proper line mates and stop burdening him with PK minutes. Get depth upfront to take care of that.

Old
04-20-2012, 10:48 PM
Sameheda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowah View Post
Yeah in the last period of the elimination game....

Datsyuk hasn't looked "up to form" to me the whole year. Before this year, he was IMPOSSIBLE to knock off the puck. He never fell down. He fell a lot more this year. Before this year, if I saw him go into the corner with 2-3 of their team, I expected him to come away with it and I'd be rewarded 90% of the time. Not this year.

And I've been saying those things all year. It's something I noticed. Especially the falling down part which is sad.
What the **** are you talking about? The whole year? Pretty sure he was on pace to have a career year, certainly an MVP type year.

He was absolutely injured these playoffs. I can't even tell if you're being sarcastic or not but I really hope you are.

Old
04-20-2012, 11:20 PM
Flowah
#FireHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sameheda View Post
What the **** are you talking about? The whole year? Pretty sure he was on pace to have a career year, certainly an MVP type year.

He was absolutely injured these playoffs. I can't even tell if you're being sarcastic or not but I really hope you are.
Past years, he would regularly make my jaw drop with creativity. And like I said, he was a beast on the puck. He would come away with it vs 2-3 opponents. He could not be knocked down.

He has been falling a LOT more this year. All year.

Old
04-20-2012, 11:32 PM
hockeyisforeveryone

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Saddens me to say, but a poor playoff showing for Pavel. Complete non-factor.
Fans cannot expect Pavel to pull rabbits out of a hat game after game, year after year after year. He's only human and a professional hockey player at that. He plays great even when he isn't. It is pointless to even try to criticize Datsyuk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
Give him some proper line mates and stop burdening him with PK minutes. Get depth upfront to take care of that.

Old
04-21-2012, 07:07 AM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

Datsyuk is overrated offensively imo, I don't think A semin or Parise will get Datsyuk over 100pts...

Old
04-21-2012, 07:49 AM
TheMoreYouKnow

Datsyuk had 53 points in 48 games at the tail end of that January 8 game winning streak, on pace for 90 points and I think at that point something like 3rd or 4th in league scoring.

But at the same time, we can't simply live in a "if not for injuries and slumps" world because that's a reality of the game.

Datsyuk is turning 34 in a few months. 34. If you look at the careers of Fedorov or Mogilny, you'll notice it was right around that age their scoring went down. North America never got to see the best of Larionov because he came over as a 30 year old.

It's not like those guys forgot how to play hockey. Wear and tear, little and big injuries, the body's ability to deal with all of that, all that tends to go south at a certain age.

What I'm saying is that pencilling in Datsyuk as our #1 center who can lead us to the Finals for the next couple of seasons might not actually be realistic. And on that fact, a lot rests as with no 100% effective, elite Datsyuk the window is fully closed.

Old
04-21-2012, 07:56 AM
ProPAIN
Waar is da feestje?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
Datsyuk is overrated offensively imo, I don't think A semin or Parise will get Datsyuk over 100pts...
Oh my god...

It's going to be a loooong summer.

Old
04-21-2012, 08:59 AM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Datsyuk had 53 points in 48 games at the tail end of that January 8 game winning streak, on pace for 90 points and I think at that point something like 3rd or 4th in league scoring.

But at the same time, we can't simply live in a "if not for injuries and slumps" world because that's a reality of the game.

Datsyuk is turning 34 in a few months. 34. If you look at the careers of Fedorov or Mogilny, you'll notice it was right around that age their scoring went down. North America never got to see the best of Larionov because he came over as a 30 year old.

It's not like those guys forgot how to play hockey. Wear and tear, little and big injuries, the body's ability to deal with all of that, all that tends to go south at a certain age.

What I'm saying is that pencilling in Datsyuk as our #1 center who can lead us to the Finals for the next couple of seasons might not actually be realistic. And on that fact, a lot rests as with no 100% effective, elite Datsyuk the window is fully closed.
I agree with this.
Some people said that Datsyuk would continue to look awesome as he got older.
Well, you can see that Datsyuk's skill is based off incredibly athletic skill. His starts and stops and shifts are athleticism, like Barry Sanders' were.
He couldn't do it and he wasn't capable of taking his game to the next level.

He still has the ability to set guys up and make plays. But he can't make plays happen all by himself.

So you must get him an elite player to work with

Old
04-21-2012, 09:02 AM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

I hope Lidstrom retires and we trade every Swede except Zetterberg so we can shake all the Team Sweden fans here who constantly look at this team through a Swedish lens.

Apologies to the Swedes who are true Red Wings fans...But some of your countrymen are insufferable

Old
04-21-2012, 09:30 AM
InjuredChoker

Injuries, Lokomotiv case, didn't he have a divorce too?

And looks like he's not going to WCs either. That indicates he is not mentally and/or physically ok.

Old
04-21-2012, 09:39 AM
14ari13

Quote:
I agree with this.
Some people said that Datsyuk would continue to look awesome as he got older.
Well, you can see that Datsyuk's skill is based off incredibly athletic skill. His starts and stops and shifts are athleticism, like Barry Sanders' were.
He couldn't do it and he wasn't capable of taking his game to the next level.

He still has the ability to set guys up and make plays. But he can't make plays happen all by himself.

So you must get him an elite player to work with
1. If I remember right you were saying that the last playoff performance by Datsyuk was the best playoff performance you had ever seen.
2. At some point this season Dastyuk was considered the best player in the league.

Old
08-21-2012, 10:49 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Don't know that I had seen this video before.

In any case didn't know where to put it and remember this being a Datsyuk appreciation thread of sorts, so I apologize to the Mods if this is a bad bump. Really like this video though.

*might come earlier but didn't see it when I was clicking through the pages.

Old
08-22-2012, 08:36 AM
irishock
In the sunset

vCash: 50
Quote:
Didn't Pavel score 97 with Franzen and Holmstrom as partners?

Old
08-22-2012, 08:56 AM
Henkka

vCash: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishock View Post
Didn't Pavel score 97 with Franzen and Holmstrom as partners?
Yes, mainly they used that line at 2008-09 season. But there was also lots of suffling.

Old
08-22-2012, 09:54 AM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
Yes, mainly they used that line at 2008-09 season. But there was also lots of suffling.
Pavel was mostly used with Hossa in 09

Old
08-22-2012, 10:13 AM
irishtemper

Quote:
Pavel was mostly used with Hossa in 09
Yeah, the Franzen-Datsyuk-Holmstrom line only lasted like 2 games into the season before Franzen got injured or something like that.

Old
08-24-2012, 07:52 AM
RobertR

Datsyuk helps a talented Russian boy, who shown great promise in sport aerobics.

Boys mothers written a letter to "Komsomolskaya pravda" Russian media, that her family have some problems, and that it will be hard to allow the boy to continue practicing.

Russian journalists found that the boys idol is Pavel Datsyuk, they contacted with him, and he invited a boy and his mother to his charity mini-football(soccer) tournament and presented to him a Red Wings cap, a small figure of himself and a photo with his autograph, and congratulated him with his birthday.

"I`am very happy that on earth we have people like Pavel and KP journalists, who responded and helped us. Now we can move forward and achieve higher goals." sad boys mother.

Also media sad:"Datsyuk was not limited to gifts, he quietly took boys mother to the side, and handed her wad of money. But to us journalists he asked not to tell anyone, and also sad that to boys mother"

Sorry for my bad translation guys.

Source with photos: http://www.kp.ru/daily/25933/2881721/

Pavel again shows what a great person he is...

Old
08-24-2012, 09:08 AM
hexrae

Saw this today too

http://dchesnokov.tumblr.com/post/30...315/good-deeds

Old
08-24-2012, 01:01 PM
BinCookin

Quote:
Only 1 player in the NHL had over 100 points. His name was Malkin.

Everyone else is <100 pt player

Old
08-24-2012, 01:06 PM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertR View Post
Datsyuk helps a talented Russian boy, who shown great promise in sport aerobics.

Boys mothers written a letter to "Komsomolskaya pravda" Russian media, that her family have some problems, and that it will be hard to allow the boy to continue practicing.

Russian journalists found that the boys idol is Pavel Datsyuk, they contacted with him, and he invited a boy and his mother to his charity mini-football(soccer) tournament and presented to him a Red Wings cap, a small figure of himself and a photo with his autograph, and congratulated him with his birthday.

"I`am very happy that on earth we have people like Pavel and KP journalists, who responded and helped us. Now we can move forward and achieve higher goals." sad boys mother.

Also media sad:"Datsyuk was not limited to gifts, he quietly took boys mother to the side, and handed her wad of money. But to us journalists he asked not to tell anyone, and also sad that to boys mother"

Sorry for my bad translation guys.

Source with photos: http://www.kp.ru/daily/25933/2881721/

Pavel again shows what a great person he is...
Pavs is the man.

Old
08-24-2012, 01:07 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexrae View Post
Thats a nice story, but the "star forward" part was hilarious.

Old
08-27-2012, 12:29 PM
14ari13

Nice to see this thread going.

Old
08-27-2012, 02:47 PM
Frozen Fiend
DOUBLE D

vCash: 50

The glory days.

Old
08-27-2012, 05:03 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Lucky to have him in Detroit. What a great person.

Closed Thread